PDA

View Full Version : After the weekends games

greenlex
06-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Hearts can mathematically not win the league. Just saying :greengrin

southern hibby
06-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Hearts can mathematically not win the league. Just saying :greengrin

Surely they can't be on the same level as the rest of Scottish football outside of Celtic. They are a BIG TEAM after all. GGTTH

s.a.m
06-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Can they still make the top six, though?

:I'm waiti

Northernhibee
06-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Nonsense, you're just holding the table upside down, hobo.

derekHFC
06-01-2014, 10:20 AM
When is the first date they can be relegated?

yeezus.
06-01-2014, 10:23 AM

I think it might be sometime next month - the 15th? With a bit of luck they'll meet the mighty Stranraer next year in the Championship!

Andy74
06-01-2014, 10:28 AM

Is that not a bit tricky to work out as you'd need to accout for some of the fixtures - for example if Ross County and Partick play each other its impossible for them both to get nothing.

Maybe I'm complicating it?!

Hibbyradge
06-01-2014, 10:30 AM
http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/102.jpg

derekHFC
06-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Is that not a bit tricky to work out as you'd need to accout for some of the fixtures - for example if Ross County and Partick play each other its impossible for them both to get nothing.

Maybe I'm complicating it?!

I :dunno: that's why I'm asking :greengrin

Curly1875
06-01-2014, 10:35 AM
I :dunno: that's why I'm asking :greengrin

I think it was worked out in another thread to be February 15th

Sergey
06-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I think it was worked out in another thread to be February 15th

It'll be after that date.

They've still got 13 matches to play before the split which 'could' garner them 39 points with a further 15 points thereafter, post-split, giving them a total of 54 possible points (which would elevate them to 52 points).

They've only 5 scheduled fixtures pre 15th February which is 15 points, so there is still 37 points to play for after that date.

It's not out with the bounds of possibility that it could be us who relegates them at the end of March, although they could be 25 points adrift mid-March.

Hibbyradge
06-01-2014, 11:05 AM
It'll be after that date.

They've still got 13 matches to play before the split which 'could' garner them 39 points with a further 15 points thereafter, post-split, giving them a total of 54 possible points (which would elevate them to 52 points).

They've only 5 scheduled fixtures pre 15th February which is 15 points, so there is still 37 points to play for after that date.

It's not out with the bounds of possibility that it could be us who relegates them at the end of March, although they could be 25 points adrift mid-March.

They've played 21 games so only have 12 left before the split.

Sergey
06-01-2014, 11:12 AM
They've played 21 games so only have 12 left before the split.

You are correct, Radge. I took the fixtures from the BBC site which is wrong (they have a match against St Mirren down as postponed which I counted).

As an aside, both Partick and Ross County have winnable looking matches coming up :agree:

Caversham Green
06-01-2014, 11:15 AM
At the moment they're 19 points behind with 17 games to play. If you assume all the other teams in the mix win while the yams lose it needs another 6 games for them to be 37 behind with 33 to play for - I think that takes them to a home game against Celtc on the 22nd February (if they play the match against St Mirren that's postponed for the semi before that).

However, as Andy74 says the other clubs will have to play each other and would be unlikely to win all their games anyway so it's difficult to say with any accuracy. On the other hand, if the other clubs match the yams results and maintain the 19 point gap the tipping point becomes 29 March....

Hibby Bairn
06-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Do we have a date when they reach zero (or better) points?

Hibby Bairn
06-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Do we have a date when they reach zero (or better) points?

To reply to my own question.

Have had a look at their upcoming fixtures and honestly cannot see them moving above ZERO before the split. In fact I cannot see where their next point is coming from.

MOTHERWELL (H)
ST JOHNSTONE (A)
ROSS COUNTY (A)
INVERNESS (A)
CELTIC (H)
MOTHERWELL (A)
ABERDEEN (H)
DUNDEE UTD (H)
KILMARNOCK (A)
HIBS (H)
PARTICK (A)

ST MIRREN (H)

kentao
06-01-2014, 11:34 AM
What about joint runners up since they dont like to win things outright

Gatecrasher
06-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Have had a look at their upcoming fixtures and honestly cannot see them moving above ZERO before the split. In fact I cannot see where their next point is coming from.

MOTHERWELL (H)
ST JOHNSTONE (A)
ROSS COUNTY (A)
INVERNESS (A)
CELTIC (H)
MOTHERWELL (A)
ABERDEEN (H)
DUNDEE UTD (H)
KILMARNOCK (A)
HIBS (H)
PARTICK (A)

ST MIRREN (H)

Maybe scrap a point or a jammy win v ICT or Killie, They can be a pain in our backsides as well but apart from that :dunno:

Hibbyradge
06-01-2014, 11:48 AM
When Gretna were relegated in 07/08, their points total arrived at 13 (same as Hear7s are now) on the 19th of January, putting them on the + 3 mark.

After that, they only won another 10 points all season (including 3 off Hearts).

What's even more interesting is that when I used the SPFL archive to research this, Gretna have been erased entirely from their records! :hmmm: :wink:

http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/archive/2007-2008

mjhibby
06-01-2014, 05:41 PM

MOTHERWELL (H)
ST JOHNSTONE (A)
ROSS COUNTY (A)
INVERNESS (A)
CELTIC (H)
MOTHERWELL (A)
ABERDEEN (H)
DUNDEE UTD (H)
KILMARNOCK (A)
HIBS (H)
PARTICK (A)

ST MIRREN (H)

That is one hellish fixture list. I suppose you could be mildly optimistic and say their tactics suit playing away from home but looking at that list if I was a betting man I think the odds are they will be relegated well before we play them. I hope they are then we can have a relegation party to end all relegation parties. Listening to billy brown greeting on the radio tonight will make their demise even sweeter if that is possible.

Onion
06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
That is one hellish fixture list. I suppose you could be mildly optimistic and say their tactics suit playing away from home but looking at that list if I was a betting man I think the odds are they will be relegated well before we play them. I hope they are then we can have a relegation party to end all relegation parties. Listening to billy brown greeting on the radio tonight will make their demise even sweeter if that is possible.

No way they will run the risk of Hibs relegating them on 19 March - that would be the final indignity. Sooner throw a game or two, or claim their team has come down with chicken pox to avoid that scenario.

rcarter1
06-01-2014, 07:11 PM
When Gretna were relegated in 07/08, their points total arrived at 13 (same as Hear7s are now) on the 19th of January, putting them on the + 3 mark.

After that, they only won another 10 points all season (including 3 off Hearts).

What's even more interesting is that when I used the SPFL archive to research this, Gretna have been erased entirely from their records! :hmmm: :wink:

http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/archive/2007-2008

Spooky! Have the Khmer Rouge taken over the SPFL archive??

Sir David Gray
06-01-2014, 07:33 PM

I tried to work that out over the weekend.

I calculated that they couldn't be relegated until some point in March.

That might be garbage though and it was before yesterday's games.