PDA

View Full Version : Before transfer windows were introduced

BSEJVT
06-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Does anyone miss the old days when you could wake up some morning and totally out the blue Hibs had signed 2 or 3 players?

Instead you now have days of checking every 2 minutes to see if we have signed someone and feel completely let down when a day goes by and we haven't!

BTW, this isn't a dig at the board as it clearly wouldn't be reasonable to sign someone every day or even every week, its just not the same.

hibby rae
06-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Does anyone miss the old days when you could wake up some morning and totally out the blue Hibs had signed 2 or 3 players?

Instead you now have days of checking every 2 minutes to see if we have signed someone and feel completely let down when a day goes by and we haven't!

BTW, this isn't a dig at the board as it clearly wouldn't be reasonable to sign someone every day or even every week, its just not the same.

I prefer the window. It protects us slightly more from losing our best players at the wrong time, as long as we can ride the month long storm. Also, if the management have done their jobs well they're well prepared to bring in some quality.

PPZPOL
06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I remember one day after school the news breaking of us re-signing Pat McGinlay from Celtic. I was absolutely delighted, seem to remember it was out of the blue but maybe not? That was in the days before the internet so many negotiations flew under the radar, only when they were pictured in the back of the EEN with a strip on and a scarf held aloft were you 100% sure it had happened! They were the days.

ManBearPig
06-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I remember one day after school the news breaking of us re-signing Pat McGinlay from Celtic. I was absolutely delighted, seem to remember it was out of the blue but maybe not? That was in the days before the internet so many negotiations flew under the radar, only when they were pictured in the back of the EEN with a strip on and a scarf held aloft were you 100% sure it had happened! They were the days.

I remember that too. Great times but do prefer window system

Pretty Boy
06-01-2014, 11:05 AM
If the transfer window didn't exist then we wouldn't have Pedantic Hibees deadline day thread.

That's reason enough to keep it in my book.