PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig's Penalty Technique (2)

...WentToMowAnSPL
05-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Folks,
I wasn't at the game so missed this but was waiting for the dissection of technique of his second successful pen in two games... I heard he sent the goalie the wrong way AGAIN ! Is this hypnosis ???

Or was the pen a smidgen to far to the left right or too high or low :-)

Northernhibee
05-01-2014, 09:20 PM
On a post derby Hibs TV interview he was saying he waits for the goalie to make the first move and puts it in the opposite direction.

...WentToMowAnSPL
05-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Scary technique ! I'd fall over backwards and land on my arse were I to have ever tried something like that :-) I always wonder when penalty takers talk about their technique is it bluff or double bluff for the next one

mutley
05-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Ok ok to be fair as I started the last debate, I was a lot closer today than the last penalty, and I was looking intently at his methods. Today the best bit was the DU keeper getting ready , to me it looked like he tried to psyche out Liam by pointing to where he thought it was going ( and funnily enough that's exactly where the ball went) but keeper still went the wrong way.
That's 2 for 2, a completely different technique than how sparky used to blast them in, but if it works, it works !

...WentToMowAnSPL
05-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Excellent Mutley and apologies for not crediting you for the original thread ! 😊

Davy Mac
05-01-2014, 09:54 PM
His celebration was also similar to the derby penalty by sliding on his knees but this time we were closer to him than the derby penalty

He certainly let rip vocally as well! Brillian performan e by him today.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Remember he scored one against Stranraer as well earlier in the season. Totally diff technique that night, blasted high and hard down the centre. Not sure what he will do next. If keepers wise up to him trying to send them the wrong way, they will stop diving early. He'll have a decision to make then. My favourite Sparky pen was his 2nd at Motherwell last season. Randolph was in his face asking him where he was going to stick it, he told him which corner(his usual), Randolph went that way and he still scored :-D

DAVE1875
06-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Ok ok to be fair as I started the last debate, I was a lot closer today than the last penalty, and I was looking intently at his methods. Today the best bit was the DU keeper getting ready , to me it looked like he tried to psyche out Liam by pointing to where he thought it was going ( and funnily enough that's exactly where the ball went) but keeper still went the wrong way.
That's 2 for 2, a completely different technique than how sparky used to blast them in, but if it works, it works !

Who does he think he is, Van Der Sar?