PDA

View Full Version : James Collins

Northernhibee
05-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Really, really like this lad - thinking if Butcher can add a pacey winger and Heffernan can regain match fitness and continue to get into dangerous positions he's going to have a ton of assists to his name. Holds the ball up well, links up really well with the players around him, some intelligent movement (his goal vs that lot in the derby was really, really well worked).

I don't think he's ever going to be a top goalscorer at this level but I do think he'll continue to be a valuable part of our team with pacey, intelligent players around him to link up to, he offers something totally different and I like him a lot.

CallumLaidlaw
05-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Collins. Works hard, good hold up play, is actually quite quick, puts pressure on the opposition high up the pitch. Really valuable member of the team

sleeping giant
05-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I like him. Not feard to get stuck in about it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Should Heffernan and him not switched positions today especially in the second half? Looked like Collins was drifting to the left a lot, most obvious when Ben was kicking from his hands, and then looking to get the ball to the Heff. Thought this would work better the other way around? Still a fine game though. If all the other players could match his stamina we could run all day.

calumhibee1
05-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Really, really like this lad - thinking if Butcher can add a pacey winger and Heffernan can regain match fitness and continue to get into dangerous positions he's going to have a ton of assists to his name. Holds the ball up well, links up really well with the players around him, some intelligent movement (his goal vs that lot in the derby was really, really well worked).

I don't think he's ever going to be a top goalscorer at this level but I do think he'll continue to be a valuable part of our team with pacey, intelligent players around him to link up to, he offers something totally different and I like him a lot.

We have a pacey winger coming back in the next few weeks!

greenlex
05-01-2014, 08:28 PM
I like him for all of the above and it's great to see but he needs to work on his Ariel ability. It's quite frankly rotten.

JMac
05-01-2014, 08:38 PM
He's much better under Butcher but still not sure on him. He's still young so that's something. He's really good at holding the ball up and drawing fouls. Works really hard as well. Hopefully the goals will come.

IWasThere2016
05-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Like him, and thought he played well today.

Saorsa
05-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Have always thought he'd dae a job for us, havnae changed my mind and I think he'll get better and better.

Jonnyboy
05-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Have always thought he'd dae a job for us, havnae changed my mind and I think he'll get better and better.

Ditto :thumbsup:

...WentToMowAnSPL
05-01-2014, 08:53 PM

This !

mutley
05-01-2014, 10:06 PM
He does more running about than the Duracell bunny, if all the player had his energy levels we would be laughing, what was it that TB said about him? He must have 3 lungs or words to that effect .

hope to see him get a few more goals under his belt

down-the-slope
05-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I like him for all of the above and it's great to see but he needs to work on his Ariel ability. It's quite frankly rotten.

:agree:

He's much better under Butcher but still not sure on him. He's still young so that's something. He's really good at holding the ball up and drawing fouls. Works really hard as well. Hopefully the goals will come.

For some reason at lot seem to forget he only turned 23 last month....

dp00
05-01-2014, 10:17 PM
He gets a hard time cause people expect him to be like sparky

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

hfc rd
05-01-2014, 11:51 PM
He gets a hard time cause people expect him to be like sparky

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

This. Plus the money that we spent on him, everyone was expecting him to score goals left, right and centre like Griffiths. He's a completely different sort of striker to Leigh.

Ronniekirk
06-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Just watched the highlights. Our first goal comes from him pressing the Dundee Utd right-back and him and Craig putting them under pressure. Even when he's not scoring he's always involved in attacking moves and really helps to relieve pressure with the amount of energy he has up front. :thumbsup:
Don't disagree but strikers first and foremost need to be scoring regularly .We can't rely on midfielders and defenders to win us games If one of our strikers had scored yesterday we would have won the game .

B.H.F.C
06-01-2014, 09:00 AM
He is doing a good job for the team at the moment. I just think we need a striker to start scoring regularly. It's been good of late that other players are chipping in which has taken the pressure off a bit. But strikers are there to score goals, we need to see that happening more often.

The Sea-gull
06-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Growing on me. I concentrated, like many, too much on his lack of goals at the start but it turned for me when he came on as sub v St Mirren in TB's first game. Very impressed with his work rate since then.

As long as the team keeps winning and goals come from other areas as well as JC adding the odd one here and there then I am happy to have him in the team. It would be good to see if him and Heff can get a run together if Heff can stay fit. I see JC as the worker but Heff as the more natural finisher in terms of power, accuracy, composure and as a penalty box striker.

Would also like to see us get a couple of wingers in and play three up top with JC or Heff in the middle. Would be good to see if their goal scoring improved with a different type of service. Alex Harris to come back would solve one side and if we could bring another in in January that would do the other side. Feel that if Zoubir was worth an extened run wide in a front three, he would have had one by now.

If the team stops getting results and stops scoring and JC still has the same goals rate, he will be questioned again though. Easy to allow concession for a individuals in a team getting results not so easy if the results dry up.

Stevie Reid
06-01-2014, 09:54 AM
He's 23 and leads the line well (he's rarely caught offside), brings others into play, draws a lot of fouls, and generally plays with a maturity beyond his years. His scoring record before joining us was excellent - even with us (4 goals in 17 starts) it's not terrible, especially given the circumstances under which he has played since August, and the lack of supply until Butcher arrived.

Has missed a few sitters and has a tendency to snatch at things a bit, but I'm very confident that he will be a very good player for us. Don't see him being a 20 goal a season striker, but great potential for a very good partnership between him and Heff, especially when the service to them improves even further.