PDA

View Full Version : sparky

alley balley0-7
05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
is it true sparkys signing for celtic this week does anyone know :confused:

brianmc
05-01-2014, 08:04 PM
No.... I don't know, but why would they sign him?
As much as I love the wee fella he isn't 'champions league' class-and there's no point Celtc paying big money for a striker to help them win the premiership cos they're going to scoosh that anyway!

alley balley0-7
05-01-2014, 08:08 PM
i believe he passed medical today and cash has been agreed getting paraded nxt week press have been leaked about it and hes 1/4 in bookies,

sleeping giant
05-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Think its Baws tbh.

BroxburnHibee
is it true sparkys signing for celtic this week does anyone know :confused:

i believe he passed medical today and cash has been agreed getting paraded nxt week press have been leaked about it and hes 1/4 in bookies,

So what is it?

Are you asking or do you know?

The_Todd
Sounds iffy to me.

Jonnyboy
05-01-2014, 08:11 PM

Mr new poster sir, you can't post stuff like this without revealing your source :wink:

Mikey
05-01-2014, 08:12 PM

Which bookie?

BroxburnHibee
05-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Which bookie?

Surprised he's no 1/5 :agree:

green day
05-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Which bookie?

Madeup365.com. ;-)

Sergey
05-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Now that Kaunas is off limits, do we fax them back to BDO?

alley balley0-7
05-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Derry Delboy Livingstone (https://www.facebook.com/derry.livingstone?hc_location=stream) on hibs paige fb
Ok last time im posting this for all the non believers sparky had his medical cash price has been agreed watch news this week for lennon to parade him !! For all that thot i slaver **** go into yer nearest bookie and ask for a price on this happening ? Al tell uz 1/4 because press have now bn leaked it !!

The_Todd
05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Well if Derry Delboy Paige or whoever says so...

Mikey
05-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Derry Delboy Livingstone (https://www.facebook.com/derry.livingstone?hc_location=stream) on hibs paige fb
Ok last time im posting this for all the non believers sparky had his medical cash price has been agreed watch news this week for lennon to parade him !! For all that thot i slaver **** go into yer nearest bookie and ask for a price on this happening ? Al tell uz 1/4 because press have now bn leaked it !!

And you believe that?

Judas Iscariot

What time at?

Was getting the 2:50 train back down to Wolves as he has training in the morning?

green day

"Paige" ?? Is that person even qualified to turn the big light on?

alley balley0-7
05-01-2014, 08:20 PM
i personally dont believe it thats why i posted it on here to see if any you guys new

Judas Iscariot
05-01-2014, 08:21 PM
i personally dont believe it thats why i posted it on here to see if any you guys new

Stop talking *****

In your 2nd post you said "I believe"

Jonnyboy
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM

Make your mind up :wink:

The_Todd
05-01-2014, 08:22 PM

You said you believe he had a medical... Personally that source sounds iffy to me. Celtic are out of Europe and have walked the league. Can't see why they need him.

sleeping giant
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Great thread :-)

hibee316
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
And you believe that?

Course he does. He wrote it!

FranckSuzy
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
"Paige" ?? Is that person even qualified to turn the big light on?

In fairness to the OP, Hibs 'Paige' is a 'page' on Facebook about Hibs as the lady who runs it is called Paige :agree: :greengrin Still think it's a loada tho' :wink:

BroxburnHibee
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM
In fairness to the OP, Hibs 'Paige' is a 'page' on Facebook about Hibs as the lady who runs it is called Paige :agree: :greengrin Still think it's a loada tho' :wink:

Is that no the Hibsbook paige :greengrin

I managed to get myself booted from that one :tee hee:

green day
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM

Ah, apologies to OP. Presumed it was a mutant windup.

The_Todd
05-01-2014, 08:26 PM

Clear as mud, then.

Mikey
05-01-2014, 08:28 PM

That's the most debatable point on this thread!

alley balley0-7
05-01-2014, 08:29 PM
ok i take your points i read it fb and put it on here with the source, i can only say sorry if ive done something wrong, im new on here so i will watch what i post from now on

Hermit Crab
05-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Ltyf

Pedantic_Hibee
05-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Ltyf

This. In spades.

Oscar T Grouch
05-01-2014, 08:38 PM
It is probably sensible to watch what you post. If you've not been here long and don't know the forum, hang around, see how things are reacted to, post on others threads.

You must understand the sceptism starting a post like this as one of your first posts.

Also have a wee search on the forum search and see if it has been discussed yet, and believe me, this has been discussed a couple of times already ;)

hibee_nation
05-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Ltyf

Sometimes i think they get launched too quick, we should let him post a few more itk posts first. :yw:

The Sea-gull
05-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Why are is the poster getting called a yam? He might be talking shight but it is hardly the most unbelievable or offensive rumour ever posted. Sparky has been linked with Celtic. They need a striker. He is in their price range. Why should we get all worked up if this happens or is rumoured? We are well used to our ex-stars going to the old firm. This isn't even our player to sell, never has been. Wouldn't even be a direct move. He was never going to sign a permanent with us and ain't coming back any time soon.

robinp
05-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Now that Kaunas is off limits, do we fax them back to BDO?

what is BDO's address....

FranckSuzy
05-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Is that no the Hibsbook paige :greengrin

I managed to get myself booted from that one :tee hee:

:agree: Ex-Hibsbook, now Paige with her own page :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Clear as mud, then.

The OP was being slagged for mis-spelling page as paige but it isn't a spelling mistake as the page on Facebook is called Hibs Paige after the person who runs it :aok:

OsloHibs
05-01-2014, 08:56 PM
I really don't want him to go to Celtic. The thought of him in that huddle at ER makes me feel sick.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2014, 08:59 PM

If it had been leaked, you wouldn't be able to get a price on it.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM

Is that YammishHieroglyphics or just rubbish spelling? Eitherway seems to be Yammish code for pish.

Callum_62
05-01-2014, 09:09 PM
If it had been leaked, you wouldn't be able to get a price on it.

This, 1000000%

Jim44
05-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Why are is the poster getting called a yam? He might be talking shight but it is hardly the most unbelievable or offensive rumour ever posted. Sparky has been linked with Celtic. They need a striker. He is in their price range. Why should we get all worked up if this happens or is rumoured? We are well used to our ex-stars going to the old firm. This isn't even our player to sell, never has been. Wouldn't even be a direct move. He was never going to sign a permanent with us and ain't coming back any time soon.

I admire your grace and tolerance towards the OP but how many supporters of 38 years (ha ha ) stumble over the internet, come on to a fans website and within 12 hours is 'innocently ' asking questions designed to cause some pathetic concern among the readers? Subtlety personified. If he's still here at the end of the month I'll publicly apologise for my distrust.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2014, 09:23 PM

I'm sure you'll appreciate this, although it's not spiderman.

http://i.imgur.com/GVCqohy.gif

Hermit Crab
05-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Heedersnvolleys
05-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Anybody from Mussy will probably know this guy, definitely a hibby and I think he likes a bet so would probably believe it. Dissapointing

:confused:

edinburghhibee
05-01-2014, 11:40 PM
To the OP unless your in "the gang" mate all your posts will be classed as pish/yam on the windup/made up (delete as you see fit)

With regards to your info I wasn't aware of the medical but terms are agreed with sparky, Celtic and wolves are just sorting the loose ends.

Haymaker
05-01-2014, 11:45 PM
if this happens then some people will look quite foolish.

For the record I REALLY hope this doesnt happen.

GreenLake
05-01-2014, 11:59 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/no-wolves-january-exit-for-leigh-griffiths-1-3252146

The OP is probably a more reliable source of news and I'll not be surprised if Leigh is packing his bags right now.

The Green Goblin
06-01-2014, 12:22 AM
The op might be posting saige advice, so there's no need for the raige on this thread. Wolves might be caigy about any transfer rumours and one thing in the op's favour is that sparky would get a similar waige at celtic.

(Sorry- i was bored)

GreenLake
06-01-2014, 12:34 AM
The op might be posting saige advice, so there's no need for the raige on this thread. Wolves might be caigy about any transfer rumours and one thing in the op's favour is that sparky would get a similar waige at celtic.

(Sorry- i was bored)

And Craig scored our penalty today

Steven_Hibs
06-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Can't see it. Especially as Lennon said he can spend £6m on a player now. Surely he'll be looking at the star studded youngsters on show across the city. Walker might be a bit more expensive though.

heretoday
06-01-2014, 08:47 AM
If Sparky signs for Celtic he'll risk being tarnished in the eyes of all Hibbies.

The Sea-gull
06-01-2014, 10:02 AM
If Sparky signs for Celtic he'll risk being tarnished in the eyes of all Hibbies.

I'm sure the offer of around 10k a week to start with, doing what he loves doing whilst being near his kids, playing a league he knows well, prospect of champions league football and an increased chance of a game for Scotland would all stop him from worrying too much about that.

He'd get over it and so would we.

MrSmith
06-01-2014, 10:02 AM

Don't know why? He did us a turn and would think most hibees will wish him well?? Can't blame Sparky for signing on at Celtic. I might not like it but wish him all the best. :)

Hibbyradge
06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
if this happens then some people will look quite foolish.

For the record I REALLY hope this doesnt happen.

I don't think it's foolish to doubt information like that from a brand new poster.

Saying that it's been leaked to the press (particularly when the rumour was in the press a week ago) then quoting, as far as I can see, unobtainable odds doesn't make for a believable tale.

Time will tell.

Gettin' Auld
06-01-2014, 11:05 AM
And you believe that?

Believe it? I can barely understand it........What language is that? I'll try Google Translate.

Sammy7nil
06-01-2014, 11:16 AM
To the OP unless your in "the gang" mate all your posts will be classed as pish/yam on the windup/made up (delete as you see fit)

Totally agree, no idea why posters on here are so hostile to new members.
It is a forum people should be able to post what they like (within reason) but for some strange reason lonf standing members often seem to take offence. I don't understand why?

Jim44
06-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I don't think it's foolish to doubt information like that from a brand new poster.

Saying that it's been leaked to the press (particularly when the rumour was in the press a week ago) then quoting, as far as I can see, unobtainable odds doesn't make for a believable tale.

Time will tell.

Can I clear something up. I don't doubt the content of his information, true or not. As far as I'm concerned, Griffiths has a career to carve and if Celtic come into his plans, good luck to him. My view is that it's highly suspicious for a so-called, long standing fan to subscribe to a message-board and, within hours try to instigate a debate which he knows will disappoint a lot of people here. Jambo mentality. ie . 'I'm cut up about what's happening to my team. These barstewards on Hobo.net are ripping the piss....... How can I get turn the tables. Oh, I'll try upsetting them with a discussion about an issue which deflects 'Jambo issues'. That's my take on it anyway. If this guy's genuine, he won't lose any sleep about 'suspicious accusations.' I won't lose any sleep either. :-)

NOLA
06-01-2014, 12:13 PM

Pish. If he signs for celtic then all hibbies know its for the money, and to be closer to his 31 bairns.

Hibbyradge
06-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Can I clear something up. I don't doubt the content of his information, true or not. As far as I'm concerned, Griffiths has a career to carve and if Celtic come into his plans, good luck to him. My view is that it's highly suspicious for a so-called, long standing fan to subscribe to a message-board and, within hours try to instigate a debate which he knows will disappoint a lot of people here. Jambo mentality. ie . 'I'm cut up about what's happening to my team. These barstewards on Hobo.net are ripping the piss....... How can I get turn the tables. Oh, I'll try upsetting them with a discussion about an issue which deflects 'Jambo issues'. That's my take on it anyway. If this guy's genuine, he won't lose any sleep about 'suspicious accusations.' I won't lose any sleep either. :-)

I see what you're saying.

This is a big part of the reason that I'm sceptical too, but unlike you, I just assumed the story was made up for those same purposes.

I hadn't considered that it could be someone taking delight in breaking real, but disappointing news. I concede it could be, although the paraphernalia surrounding the story doesn't ring true to me.

Of course, there's the possibility that the poster, and the information, are genuine.

If I had to bet on it, though, I'd bet against both.

hfc-1875
06-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Sparky to celtic is 100% a done deal.

TheFamous1875
06-01-2014, 12:42 PM

Says who?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Waxy
06-01-2014, 12:48 PM
I reckon celtic just do these things to annoy us. Just because they can.waste of a player.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Source?

Pretty Boy
06-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Does Leigh to Celtic actually make sense?

Celtic don't need a striker to win the league, Celtic need a striker to get them back into the group stages of the Champions League and then score goals when/if they get there. Is Leigh Griffiths good enough at the moment to score goals regularly at that level?

He just doesn't really seem to fit in with Celtics signing policy of the last few years which seems to be buy in less exposed markets and sell on at profit.

Heisenberg
06-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Does Leigh to Celtic actually make sense?

Celtic don't need a striker to win the league, Celtic need a striker to get them back into the group stages of the Champions League and then score goals when/if they get there. Is Leigh Griffiths good enough at the moment to score goals regularly at that level?

He just doesn't really seem to fit in with Celtics signing policy of the last few years which seems to be buy in less exposed markets and sell on at profit.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He'll be well out of his depth in Europe IMO.

BroxburnHibee
06-01-2014, 01:19 PM
If the rumour is true then I wish him well.

We might not like it but Celtic can give him a wage that will guarantee him and his childrens future and no-one can argue with that.

I think the 'long standing posters' are quite right to be cynical though as they have seen plenty Yam wind ups on here over the years and given that its all posters with relatively low post counts pushing the rumour then its hardly surprising that they treat these things with a little bit of suspicion.

col02
06-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Lennon went on record in a radio interview the other day about their policy of trying to sign young players with potential for resale. Like it or not Leigh fits into this bracket. Decent move for Leigh too in that he will earn more money playing in a league that he knows well while also enhancing his profile.

Onion
06-01-2014, 02:12 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. He'll be well out of his depth in Europe IMO.

:agree: Agreed.

LancsHibs
06-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Would hate to see him playing for that mob:sick:

Bostonhibby
06-01-2014, 02:45 PM

Is that you greenworld ? :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
06-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Wish the wee man well wherever he goes but it will give me the boak if he signs for them.

The_Todd
06-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Same reliable source who told you Alan Smith was at Easter Rd holding signing talks in 2011?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202242-alan-smith&p=2698882&highlight=#post2698882

Hermit Crab
06-01-2014, 09:08 PM
On Facebook that celtic have (allegedly) accepted a 7.5m bid for samaras.

alan1875
06-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Whoever would pay £7.5m for Samaras needs their head examined!! £750k maybe no?

Purehibee_MYB
06-01-2014, 09:13 PM

:stirrer:

sixtwo
06-01-2014, 09:19 PM
I was told he was definitely coming back up the road in January. The sources know his family and a few know him personally ( grew up in the same area). I was quite excited, thinking he was coming home to ER but unfortunately, it seems he is going to Celtic. I really hope this is not true.

It would be great to see us put a £500k bid in and get him.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Would make me sick to see him in a Celtic shirt.

Ringothedog
06-01-2014, 09:26 PM

I appreciate it is only on Facebook but 7.5m is highly unlikely for a player out of contact in 6 months. All imo of course.

andudare2
06-01-2014, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=sixtwo;3861397]I was told he was definitely coming back up the road in January. The sources know his family and a few know him personally ( grew up in the same area). I was quite excited, thinking he was coming home to ER but unfortunately, it seems he is going to Celtic. I really hope this is not true.

It would be great to see us put a £500k bid in and get him.[/QUOTE got told same from very reliable source last monday!.leigh still uses his flat when he is back in magdalene,so will not be suprised if he ends up there.will have np with it either. like all players he has the right to better himself does not take away the fact that he is a good hibby!!!!

TheFamous1875
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Wages weren't an issue at the end of last season when he had his heart set on joining Hibs full time, so I don't see why it should be now. If we put a bid in and Celtic do too, and he chooses us then surely that's that? The only barrier is Wolves would want more money which Celtic could afford and we couldn't.

There must be a way! Stranger things have happened..

TheFamous1875
06-01-2014, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=sixtwo;3861397]I was told he was definitely coming back up the road in January. The sources know his family and a few know him personally ( grew up in the same area). I was quite excited, thinking he was coming home to ER but unfortunately, it seems he is going to Celtic. I really hope this is not true.

It would be great to see us put a £500k bid in and get him.[/QUOTE got told same from very reliable source last monday!.leigh still uses his flat when he is back in magdalene,so will not be suprised if he ends up there.will have np with it either. like all players he has the right to better himself does not take away the fact that he is a good hibby!!!!

I think he'd be bettering himself by proving himself for Hibs under Butcher and getting a top move to England directly from Hibs. Not wasting his career on a bench with a bucketload of money, and latterly perusing a career on a downward trajectory.

monktonharp
06-01-2014, 09:45 PM

It would be great to see us put a £500k bid in and get him.[/QUOTE got told same from very reliable source last monday!.leigh still uses his flat when he is back in magdalene,so will not be suprised if he ends up there.will have np with it either. like all players he has the right to better himself does not take away the fact that he is a good hibby!!!! if he has a flat in Magdalene, it must be the one wi' the nice curtains,eh!?:greengrin.

Greenworld
06-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Is that you greenworld ? :wink:

Not guilty im in the sin bin:rolleyes:

monktonharp
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=andudare2;3861414]

I think he'd be bettering himself by proving himself for Hibs under Butcher and getting a top move to England directly from Hibs. Not wasting his career on a bench with a bucketload of money, and latterly perusing a career on a downward trajectory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDthese days, modern living demands people to earn as much as they can, as quickly as they can. gone are the days when you had to share the last slice o' breed in the breadtin, wi' yer sister. money talks, much to my chagrin, if it means he ends up in East Glasgow, rather than East Edin.:cb:cb

greenginger
06-01-2014, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=andudare2;3861414] if he has a flat in Magdalene, it must be the one wi' the nice curtains,eh!?:greengrin.

Nowt wrong wi' Magdalene, Cropley came from Magdalene Avenue. :greengrin

CB_NO3
06-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Major lol. His contract is up at the end of the season. As someone else says 750k probably.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Pretty confident he wont go to Celtic. When Leigh was on fire last season Lennon said Leigh wasn't good enough to play for Celtic! Why would he all of a sudden want him now? Not gonna happen IMO:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
06-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Major lol. His contract is up at the end of the season. As someone else says 750k probably.

I'm only the messenger.

Leishy1995
06-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Can honestly say I'd hate him in a Celtic strip mostly because he openly tweets about Hibs like a fan. It would just upset me a little.

The Green Goblin
06-01-2014, 11:27 PM
And Craig scored our penalty today

Nice one :greengrin

WestEndHibee
06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm only the messenger.

:gun:

monktonharp
06-01-2014, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=monktonharp;3861428]

Nowt wrong wi' Magdalene, Cropley came from Magdalene Avenue. :greengrinnowt wrong wi it at all:wink: brought up a family in the Maggie.

hibseleven
07-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Nowt wrong wi' Magdalene, Cropley came from Magdalene Avenue.

Used to play fitba in Magdalene many moons ago for Porty!!

Siralbertkidd
07-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Why would Celtc want to pay millions for him, when they could have had him last january for £150,000 :devil:

Bostonhibby
07-01-2014, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=hibseleven;3861593]Nowt wrong wi' Magdalene, Cropley came from Magdalene Avenue.

Used to play fitba in Magdalene many moons ago for Porty!![/QUOTE

Correct same back green as me, plenty good players from Magdalene and surrounding area in those days. Used to play on gravel drying greens with poles as goal posts ;-).

Jim44
07-01-2014, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=hibseleven;3861593]Nowt wrong wi' Magdalene, Cropley came from Magdalene Avenue.

Used to play fitba in Magdalene many moons ago for Porty!![/QUOTE

Correct same back green as me, plenty good players from Magdalene and surrounding area in those days. Used to play on gravel drying greens with poles as goal posts ;-).

How did you get them to stand still so long?

hibseleven
07-01-2014, 12:44 PM
our home pitch was at the wee school (has the big wall round it) was U14s so forgive the old memory..........

andudare2
07-01-2014, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=andudare2;3861414] if he has a flat in Magdalene, it must be the one wi' the nice curtains,eh!?:greengrin.wullie it was me who posted about flat in magdalene bud,must have misquoted or something.so as you now know ,you also ken what stair,same as mr R K,& as you probably know who has the flat in this stair also had first&last in porty then you ken who im on about&his connections to leigh. so as this info was given in good faith i hope you understand reasons for not fully stating names but you do know truth is being said on this matter!!!!

Bostonhibby
07-01-2014, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;3861786]

How did you get them to stand still so long?

Nails through the feet, worked every time, we were hard in Magdalene even in those days!

brog
07-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Not guilty im in the sin bin:rolleyes:

Its a self-imposed exile then. We're just waiting on you telling us more about this done deal for Yams! Admins, please move to main Yam thread if you wish.

monktonharp
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=monktonharp;3861428]wullie it was me who posted about flat in magdalene bud,must have misquoted or something.so as you now know ,you also ken what stair,same as mr R K,& as you probably know who has the flat in this stair also had first&last in porty then you ken who im on about&his connections to leigh. so as this info was given in good faith i hope you understand reasons for not fully stating names but you do know truth is being said on this matter!!!!say nae mair cha.:wink::wink:

monktonharp
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=Jim44;3861790]

Nails through the feet, worked every time, we were hard in Magdalene even in those days!no as hard as the Chritians, so I've heard:greengrin:

Bostonhibby
07-01-2014, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;3861808]no as hard as the Chritians, so I've heard:greengrin:

Saps, we used to throw them to the lions.

jax67
07-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Don't know why? He did us a turn and would think most hibees will wish him well?? Can't blame Sparky for signing on at Celtic. I might not like it but wish him all the best. :)

I would bet that's how most of us feel.

Leishy1995
08-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Leigh to Celtic 1.25 million. Done deal. Also told Hibs highest ever offer for Leigh was 80k.

hibeemikey21
08-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Leigh to Celtic 1.25 million. Done deal. Also told Hibs highest ever offer for Leigh was 80k.

Fair dos, but I struggle to believe the £80k part. When Rodders went to wolves in the summer to thrash out a deal, I'm sure he would have gone above what he was willing to pay for Collins (in total)

SaulGoodman
08-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Also told Hibs highest ever offer for Leigh was 80k.

No chance.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2014, 05:02 PM

First part might be true but the 2nd part is rubbish mate. Went paid (allegedly) 200k for Colin's so I doubt our highest offer for LG was 80k somehow.

silverhibee
08-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Fair dos, but I struggle to believe the £80k part. When Rodders went to wolves in the summer to thrash out a deal, I'm sure he would have gone above what he was willing to pay for Collins (in total)

What did we pay for Collins.

silverhibee
08-01-2014, 05:43 PM

Missed it on the tv, did celtc parade him to the press today.

jeffers
08-01-2014, 05:43 PM
£80,000 is the figure I heard not the £200,000 reported in the press. This is in reply to SH.

Mikey
08-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Funnily enough, no they didn't!

The_Todd
08-01-2014, 06:14 PM

They'll announce it after we announce we've signed Alan Smith, just to soften the blow for us.

silverhibee
08-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Funnily enough, no they didn't!

These press folk haven't got a clue, it was even leaked to them and still haven't got round to telling us that Sparky is a celtc bhoy.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2014, 06:30 PM
These press folk haven't got a clue, it was even leaked to them and still haven't got round to telling us that Sparky is a celtc bhoy.

They are waiting on him getting all his kids together at the same time for a photo shoot.

hibeemikey21
08-01-2014, 08:19 PM
What did we pay for Collins.

I don't know if you know and are trying to test me ;)

Truth is - I don't know in terms of the up front fee. It seems to be accepted that £200k was the figure it could rise to, so why wouldn't Rod have offered that if Collins was plan b (which he most certainly was) in instalments or otherwise?

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Rod wouldn't have wasted his time going down to Wolves and offering 80k. He would have known that would never be accepted in a month of Sundays.

Jonnyboy
08-01-2014, 08:44 PM
They are waiting on him getting all his kids together at the same time for a photo shoot.

So, next season then :greengrin

silverhibee
08-01-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't know if you know and are trying to test me ;)

Truth is - I don't know in terms of the up front fee. It seems to be accepted that £200k was the figure it could rise to, so why wouldn't Rod have offered that if Collins was plan b (which he most certainly was) in instalments or otherwise?

I didn't no honestly. :greengrin

Did hear Hibs could have secured Sparky for £700k though, but it's not a .net fact yet. :cb

poolman
08-01-2014, 09:25 PM

Oh dear

silverhibee
08-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Oh dear

It's a done deal.

Really it is.

hibeemikey21
08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I didn't no honestly. :greengrin

Did hear Hibs could have secured Sparky for £700k though, but it's not a .net fact yet. :cb

Give it time....

silverhibee
08-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Give it time....

That's long enough eh. :greengrin

Leishy1995
09-01-2014, 09:50 AM
This actually came from family of leigh, who tried to put money on him joining Celtic but got told the market wasn't available