PDA

View Full Version : Lets help our friends across the city out?

Islington Hibs
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Now that it looks that there is no way back for our friends in maroon lets help them out next season with some much needed funds while enjoying ourselves just a bit. Lets re-ignite the East of Scotland Shield next season, get our derby fix and stuff them home and away and show them who's boss. Thoughts?

Phil D. Rolls
05-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Now that it looks that there is no way back for our friends in maroon lets help them out next season with some much needed funds while enjoying ourselves just a bit. Lets re-ignite the East of Scotland Shield next season, get our derby fix and stuff them home and away and show them who's boss. Thoughts?

I'm sure they'll still be too big a team to compete.

I'd be happy if Hibs were to sell extra tickets for the PBS on 29th March. The best way we can helo Hearts is to sell out their ground on that day. They need money, not honours.

Jim Herriot
05-01-2014, 07:44 PM

Great idea. We could play our youth team and they could... oh wait...

:)

Waxy
05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Not that far fetched that the next league Edinburgh derby could be Spartans v Hearts.After we play them in March of course.

Aldo
05-01-2014, 08:21 PM
If I'm being honest I wouldn't give them the steam aff ma *****.

Saorsa
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
If I'm being honest I wouldn't give them the steam aff ma *****.Always best tae be up front. :agree:

Bronson
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Wouldn't really see it as a competitive game, just a friendly and i would take no notice.

Plus I have zero intention of ever helping their sorry state that they got themselves into.

It's a no from me.

Mikey
05-01-2014, 08:26 PM
We've already helped them recently by beating Kilmarnock and Ross County. How many points did they make up on those teams as a result :dunno:

'Mon the Hibs
05-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Only help from me (if they're still in existence)...
Driving directions to Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire
Gorgie
Head southwest on Gorgie Rd/A71 toward Stenhouse Dr
Continue to follow A71
Go through 3 roundabouts
2.1 mi
At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the M8 ramp to Livingston
0.7 mi
Merge onto M8
26.1 mi
Continue onto Glasgow and Edinburgh Rd/A8
5.9 mi
Continue onto M8 (signs for Glasgow)
19.9 mi
Take the exit onto M898 toward Erskine/Bishopton
1.1 mi
Continue onto A898
1.4 mi
Keep left at the fork, follow signs for A82/Crianlarich and merge onto A82
Go through 1 roundabout
5.0 mi
At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Townend Rd/B830
266 ft
Slight left onto Bonhill Rd/B830
Continue to follow B830
0.6 mi

Islington Hibs
05-01-2014, 08:37 PM

I have no interest in helping them at all- the title was sarcastic. seriously though the derbies are the highlight of the football year and their loss will cost Hibs quite a bit. I recon that the 20k gate last week netted the club around £240k (12k non seasons at say an average of say £20) plus TV money. The Shield could help replace some of that lost revenue while showing (hopefully) who is top dog

greenlex
05-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Naw. **** them.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-01-2014, 08:45 PM
I have no interest in helping them at all- the title was sarcastic. seriously though the derbies are the highlight of the football year and their loss will cost Hibs quite a bit. I recon that the 20k gate last week netted the club around £240k (12k non seasons at say an average of say £20) plus TV money. The Shield could help replace some of that lost revenue while showing (hopefully) who is top dog

we seemed to survive quite nicely without the blue Hoors. I think we will do quite nicely without their cousins too.

Www1875hfc
05-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Why would they want our help,after killing us off in 2012 ?

They will arrange glamour friendlies for the fans not to show up.

Hurting much Craigieboy are we. :na na:

Eyrie
05-01-2014, 10:51 PM

The derbies are only two games a season at most, and since the Shield would need to alternate between Easter Road and the PBS we'd only benefit once every two years.

Worth remembering that the increased attendance on Thursday was all additional home supporters as the Yams always sell out the away end anyway, so a Hibs team playing good football will attract more than enough fans on a regular basis to compensate for the lack of derbies.

Hibercelona
05-01-2014, 10:54 PM
In a few years, if we get bored. We should send a B team down to whatever league they find themselves in to give them a round pumping every now and then.

SanFranHibs
05-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Oh...sorry, I misread it. I thought you said let's help them out of the city.

:confused:

down-the-slope
05-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Always best tae be up front. :agree:

Surely thats round the back :confused:

Jack
05-01-2014, 11:19 PM
We could let them have a few guest players as well no doubt?

This crap was posted on brokeback about a month ago, the local mutants desperate to find a way to find to cling on to some sort of big big club delusion as they free fall into the abyss.

Why would Hibs help out a broken Lowland League club when there are so many other deserving causes and legitimate clubs out there?

Flanny boy
06-01-2014, 12:33 AM
As I,ve said before let those good for nothing
dirty vermin bar stewards squirm and suffer :LOL:

SurferRosa
06-01-2014, 12:35 AM
**** them.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Shower of James hunts the lot if them.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2014, 01:18 AM
Maybe this guy can help??

GreenLake
06-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Perhaps it would be helpful if some investors opened up some alternative sport activities in Gorgie area since many Hearts supporters will throw in the towel and give up watching football. Maybe a ten pin bowling team or a hockey team could be formed with maroon uniforms so they can keep their maroon scarfs and ritual of turd flush swirling while following their team. Maybe a basketball team could be formed so they support a team that bounces balls rather than checks.