PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Northernhibee
05-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Williams - 6 - Looked comfortable for most of the game - absolute howler with McGivern and didn't get a clear enough view of either goal to say if he could have done better on either.

Forster - 8 - Got forward, linked up well with the midfield, very impressive.
Hanlon - 8 - Tired near the end but strolled the most part of the game. Had Gauld in his back pocket any time he came near Paul. MOTM for me
Nelson - 7 - Looked as if he could have done more for goal one from my point of view but otherwise was solid and lead the defence well.
McGivern - 5.5 - Looked tired going on exhausted and could do with a bit of a rest IMO.

Cairney - 6.5 - Not at his best but still some decent touches. Looking tired though.
Robertson - 7 - Looked tired near the end but decent shift, broke up play well and made some nice passes.
Craig - 7.5 - Two well taken goals.
Stevenson - 8 - Positive play and ripped their RB to shreds in the first half.

Heffernan - 7 - Still not 100% match fit but good shift.
Collins - 7.5 - Won a penalty, fantastic work rate and creates opportunities, great link up play with others too.

Not going to be too harsh - thought the 24hrs less rest hit us hard at the end.

yerauldda
05-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Williams - 6

McGivern - 6
Hanlon - 7
Nelson - 6
Forster - 6

Cairney - 5
Craig - 9
Robertson - 6
Stevenson - 7

Heffernan - 7
Collins - 8

LaMotta
05-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Williams - 6 - Looked comfortable for most of the game - absolute howler with McGivern and didn't get a clear enough view of either goal to say if he could have done better on either.

Forster - 8 - Got forward, linked up well with the midfield, very impressive.
Hanlon - 8 - Tired near the end but strolled the most part of the game. Had Gauld in his back pocket any time he came near Paul. MOTM for me
Nelson - 7 - Looked as if he could have done more for goal one from my point of view but otherwise was solid and lead the defence well.
McGivern - 5.5 - Looked tired going on exhausted and could do with a bit of a rest IMO.

Cairney - 6.5 - Not at his best but still some decent touches. Looking tired though.
Robertson - 7 - Looked tired near the end but decent shift, broke up play well and made some nice passes.
Craig - 7.5 - Two well taken goals.
Stevenson - 8 - Positive play and ripped their RB to shreds in the first half.

Heffernan - 7 - Still not 100% match fit but good shift.
Collins - 7.5 - Won a penalty, fantastic work rate and creates opportunities, great link up play with others too.

Not going to be too harsh - thought the 24hrs less rest hit us hard at the end.

With their first goal i think when they punted the ball forward Williams should have stayed on his line - seemed to cause panic in the defence when he came careering out.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Williams - 6

McGivern - 6
Hanlon - 7
Nelson - 6
Forster - 6

Cairney - 5
Craig - 9
Robertson - 6
Stevenson - 7

Heffernan - 7
Collins - 8

I see you gave Cairney 5, it was after he went off that GMS started to play his game. Cairney had him in his pocket. Stanton couldn't get near him. Terrys sub choices cost us 2 points in my opinion.

lucky
05-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Williams 5 at fault for the first goal by running of his line.

Forster 6 solid enough but needs learn when to join the attack and not
Nelson 6 does his job well
Hanlon 6 decent game but part of the muck up for their 1st goal
McGirven 5 he has lost his form

Cairney 6 ok
Robbo 7 great energy
Craig 8 lead by example
Stevenson 7 fantastic energy

Heff 6 very intelligent footballer
Collins 7 leas the line very well

Davy Mac
05-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Williams - 6 Hesitancy led to goal today but did pull off a fantastic save in the 2nd half

McGivern - 6 Decent, but speedy opposition tend to catch him out times
Hanlon - 8 Another commanding display, shows great composure and in fine form at the moment
Nelson - 7 Looked rocked solid until late on where he looked partly at fault for their first goal, could have got MOTM until the last 15 mins
Forster - 6 Much better 2nd half although didn't link up well with Cairney today

Cairney - 5 Frustrated with his performance today as he knows he can do better, looks like he plays for himself and not the team
Craig - 9 Back to back MOTM performances, superb today, full of running, swashbuckling display and 2 goals to boot. MOTM
Robertson - 7 Tenacious and busy, really like him and more to come
Stevenson - 9 Desperate for him to be moved out of defence and now showing his natural position, brilliant shift again and got the better of Utd time and time again

Heffernan - 8 Gifted, talented player, his turn and shot was impressive and his one touches, flicks and feints are a joy to watch just needs to get a goal
Collins - 8 Another marvellous contribution to the team, works so hard and for lost causes too, keep it up fella

Stanton 5 - Looked good when he came on, showed nice movement and shot just over the bar
Jones 3 - Brought on for Heff to seal the points but couldn't stop the Utd barrage at the end

Ref 6 - Pretty good, kept on top of the game
Fans 7 - Good support although drummer today which now seems weird without it
Butch 8 - The revolution continues and it's great to watch

yerauldda
05-01-2014, 06:33 PM
I see you gave Cairney 5, it was after he went off that GMS started to play his game. Cairney had him in his pocket. Stanton couldn't get near him. Terrys sub choices cost us 2 points in my opinion.

Disagree. I like Cairney but he was non existent today, too many slack touches, passes, crosses. I agree however that Stanton should have done more tracking back.

SMAXXA
05-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Forster was murder in the first half today, improved a bit in the second but wouldn't get anything more than a 5 from me.

Hanlon, Craig and Lewis were quality for me today.

Thought Williams should have came out for the first goal and our persistence to sit back and let them play it out from the back cost us IMO. One point we cleared it into the corner near the hibs fans and rather than push right up and keep the ball there we let them play it along to left back and attacked us again, was disappointed in that. We sat far too deep which could be partly down to tiredness after the derby game.

Felt that we should have changed Heff for Cummings with 20 to go as he looked tired, Cairney for Stanton as he fell out the game and Robertson for Jones as Robo also looked struggling.