PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any info on potential signings

VPHIBEE
05-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Terry has been fantastic so far. Getting us playing and winning with the same players Fenlon had really bodes well for the future. I am really excited to see who Tel brings in to improve us. Any inside info would be appreciated.

p.s. It is great to see so much positivity and optimism on here. We have all suffered for years, Thank you Terry and the Team.

hfc rd
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Terry has been fantastic so far. Getting us playing and winning with the same players Fenlon had really bodes well for the future. I am really excited to see who Tel brings in to improve us. Any inside info would be appreciated.

p.s. It is great to see so much positivity and optimism on here. We have all suffered for years, Thank you Terry and the Team.

Only players that we seem to have been links with is Marley Watkins from Inverness and Jamie Murphy from Sheffield United. Don't know if these rumours are true about those two players or just made up but I'm sure TB, MM & SM will be out there searching.

thebakerboy
05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
TB quoted in the paper today that he had his eye on some players but manager has been sacked , player injured and other hold ups but still working on it. So figure out who has been sacked and who has recently been injured and then have some wild guesses. In Terry we trust.

Keith_M
05-01-2014, 04:40 PM
It's been said already on another thread but, it's nice that we don't seem to be in the usual desperation for signings at this time of year.

I honestly don't think we really need that many new players in, because of the effect Butcher has had on the players already at the club. Compare this with the comings and goings at some previous transfer windows where we've had wholesale changes.

Nevi_SOL
05-01-2014, 04:42 PM
TB quoted in the paper today that he had his eye on some players but manager has been sacked , player injured and other hold ups but still working on it. So figure out who has been sacked and who has recently been injured and then have some wild guesses. In Terry we trust.

AVB, paulinho recently injured. World Cup star mind you ?

California-Hibs
05-01-2014, 04:46 PM
We don't need wholesale changes this time round, that's for sure, and what a refreshing change it is to say that!

Vine, Tawio are the two standouts that I want gone. You could added loaning out/transfering Caldwell to that list too. Depending on what's happening with thomson and his feelings towards the club these days I possibly get rid of aswel. He's off at the end of the reason anyway.

A striker and a winger or two will be very nice indeed!

hibseleven
05-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Mackay sacked at Cardiff. Wonder if we were looking at players there....?

Gustavo Fring
05-01-2014, 04:51 PM

i believe he was referring to west brom and dorrans being the player in question

Purehibee_MYB
05-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Alan Knill at Torquay. Aidy Boothroyd at Northampton (They got Billy McKay from there if I'm not mistaken) :dunno:

HibsNutter
05-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Avb leaving paving the way for Adebayor's return, coincidence?

neil7908
05-01-2014, 04:56 PM
i believe he was referring to west brom and dorrans being the player in questionCan't imagine we would have a snowballs chance in Hell of signing him - unless you have some inside info?

Speedway
05-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Is the Rodfather feeling OK?

“The chairman backs his manager, there’s no doubt about that,” says Butcher. “We haven’t really discussed a lot of finance. But he’s said that, if we get a player I like, then he’ll get him in."

Ozyhibby
05-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Think Terry picked that up wrong.
What Rod said was 'you find a player you like and I'll get you one just like him'.
;-)

Alfred E Newman
05-01-2014, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=California-Hibs;3859585]We don't need wholesale changes this time round, that's for sure, and what a refreshing change it is to say that!

Vine, Tawio are the two standouts that I want gone. You could added loaning out/transfering Caldwell to that list too. Depending on what's happening with thomson and his feelings towards the club these days I possibly get rid of aswel. He's off at the end of the reason anyway.

A couple of good quality new faces and a few departures is all that is required at this stage of the season.

hibeeleicester
05-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Butcher is biding his time on a couple, no rush.

GlenrothesHibee
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Tim Clancy close to moving to Derry City i believe.

jacomo
05-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Think Terry picked that up wrong.
What Rod said was 'you find a player you like and I'll get you one just like him'.
;-)

'Just like him' - also has two legs and a head.

judas
05-01-2014, 05:47 PM
We don't need wholesale changes this time round, that's for sure, and what a refreshing change it is to say that!

Everything you said. But I would dismiss Thomson more readily.

thebakerboy
05-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Just seen Jamie Murphy playing and scoring against Aston Villa yesterday , feel he won't be coming here now.

maturehibby
05-01-2014, 07:17 PM
All the "People" previously in the "Know" dont seem to have cracked the Managements team code yet as they play everything very close to their chest .
So unlike when wee Pat was there nothing is leaking out - which is good to know as it does not get the Fans hopes up on fanciful claims about who is coming

Green Fish
05-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Wonder what taiwo has done wrong, always thought he gave 100%

happiehibbie
05-01-2014, 07:25 PM
the difference is that there are no tell tales within the dressing room only people TB and MM trust. Rod will back EL TELL i wold like to think we have a place for Thomson tho fantastic player

JimBHibees
05-01-2014, 07:41 PM

Was there not talk of Kevin McNaughton ex sheep full back from Cardiff.

Speedway
05-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Wonder what taiwo has done wrong, always thought he gave 100%

Taiwos sin is in making absolutely no difference in the team. A nice, wee safety player with zero impact on anything...and slow.

Andy74
05-01-2014, 07:45 PM
the difference is that there are no tell tales within the dressing room only people TB and MM trust. Rod will back EL TELL i wold like to think we have a place for Thomson tho fantastic player

Why would Rod be backing Terry Venables??

happiehibbie
05-01-2014, 07:48 PM
can i have my fishing rod and tackle back pls thank you

Green Fish
05-01-2014, 07:53 PM
taiwos sin is in making absolutely no difference in the team. A nice, wee safety player with zero impact on anything...and slow.

otj????

Hibbyradge
05-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Succession planning most likely.

California-Hibs
05-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Taiwos sin is in making absolutely no difference in the team. A nice, wee safety player with zero impact on anything...and slow.

You beat me to it

HoboHarry
05-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Is Taiwo available for selection right now and simply out of the picture with TB?

Hermit Crab
05-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Is Taiwo available for selection right now and simply out of the picture with TB?

Yes. Fit but not up to the job.

BSEJVT
06-01-2014, 08:42 AM

tut tut Speedway you are slipping.

That's the first one of your posts I have read for a long time that I wasn't sure whether you were kidding or not.

Absolute bang on.

Nothing to dislike about the guy but like many others who have come through the revolving door in recent years, nothing much to add to the team either.

Mikey09
06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Might get shot down in flames but with goodwillie ending his loan spell with utd would he be worth a shout?? Big Terry would certainly be the man to get that lad back to his best and in my opinion his best is **** hot. sorry if its already been discussed....

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Taiwo, like Tommo, will probably be moved on asap, as he's not in the current regime's plans. Unlike PF, Tel likes to let defenders do their job, rather than be 'protected' by a wall of slow-moving midfielders, who just invite pressure on us, and slow down our counter attacks.

Done nothing wrong at ER, just not the sort of player that fits into the current system.

GreenPJ
06-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Is this not the same criticism some people would have made about Lewis up until recently. Personally I think he is a decent player but lacked the same issue of any attacking instinct in him was not encouraged under the previous style of play.

Don't see why we would keep OTJ and get rid of Taiwo (other than length of contract).

brog
06-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Might get shot down in flames but with goodwillie ending his loan spell with utd would he be worth a shout?? Big Terry would certainly be the man to get that lad back to his best and in my opinion his best is **** hot. sorry if its already been discussed....

At least it would stop him scoring against us! Think he scored his 1st ever goal at ER & seems to enjoy playing against us!

Unseen work
06-01-2014, 09:34 PM

Heard this could happen. Terry rates him and like player of his style and had compared Cummings too him so could help with him coming along too. Not started a lot for United but still got 6 goals this season

Ronniekirk
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Heard this could happen. Terry rates him and like player of his style and had compared Cummings too him so could help with him coming along too. Not started a lot for United but still got 6 goals this season
Heard from a good Arab friend they are paying upwards of 4 thousand a week possibly over five if true we can't offer that and over a paltry 6 goals that's why they aren't keeping him

hibees 7062
06-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Heard from a good Arab friend they are paying upwards of 4 thousand a week possibly over five if true we can't offer that and over a paltry 6 goals that's why they aren't keeping him

Good :aok:

PatHead
06-01-2014, 09:54 PM

Sorry Ronnie definitely not paying anything like that. He would be within our budget if the same terms were available.

MWHIBBIES
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Taiwo is a perfectly good player who was solid for us last season, obviously just doesn't fit in to TBs plans along with Tommo.

Both will go somewhere else and do fine IMO.

Ronniekirk
06-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Sorry Ronnie definitely not paying anything like that. He would be within our budget if the same terms were available.
In that case ex Arab friend :rolleyes:

PatHead
06-01-2014, 10:05 PM

Even worse when you have Arabs in the family. Not so easy to get rid.

Argylehibby
06-01-2014, 10:05 PM

I was told the same £4k by an Arab friend today. So if it is the wrong figure seems a number of Arabs have been told the same number and believe it. Either that we both know the same Arab!

Ronniekirk
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Taiwo is a perfectly good player who was solid for us last season, obviously just doesn't fit in to TBs plans along with Tommo.

Both will go somewhere else and do fine IMO.
Think key word here is fine We are no longer happy to put up with that level of player we are now striving for a Excellence and Big Tell will drive us on in pursuit of it I for one am delighted with progress so far and the next phase is this Transfer Window .There is. Sense of anticipation in the air that hasn't been around for so long. There is a true belief that he can take us places that we haven't been able to reach for a long time .However Aberdeen will be aware of this and will be interested what they do in a Transfer window as they will want to stay second and have stolen a march on us. if only we had made this change before start of season !!!!

PatHead
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Funny how, when a player is not producing the goods, there is always a rumour that makes fans happy to see the back of them and it is not exclusive to Hibs

Ronniekirk
06-01-2014, 10:10 PM
[QUOTitsE=Argylehibby;3861455]I was told the same £4k by an Arab friend today. So if it is the wrong figure seems a number of Arabs have been told the same number and believe it. Either that we both know the same Arab![/QUOTE]
It's no Lawrence of Arabia His first name is Drew

Ronniekirk
06-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Even worse when you have Arabs in the family. Not so easy to get rid.
So Shiek :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
06-01-2014, 10:20 PM
I was told the same £4k by an Arab friend today. So if it is the wrong figure seems a number of Arabs have been told the same number and believe it. Either that we both know the same Arab!

Probably became a FACT on Arabs.net :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
06-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Think key word here is fine We are no longer happy to put up with that level of player we are now striving for a Excellence and Big Tell will drive us on in pursuit of it I for one am delighted with progress so far and the next phase is this Transfer Window .There is. Sense of anticipation in the air that hasn't been around for so long. There is a true belief that he can take us places that we haven't been able to reach for a long time .However Aberdeen will be aware of this and will be interested what they do in a Transfer window as they will want to stay second and have stolen a march on us. if only we had made this change before start of season !!!!
Taiwo and Thomson are a perfectly good level of player for Hibs, I really doubt they are being sold/benched because of their ability, they just don't fit Butchers system. If we played different and required those types of players they would be perfect.

Hibs Giant
07-01-2014, 01:23 AM
So figure out who has been sacked and who has recently been injured and then have some wild guesses. In Terry we trust.

Richie Foran

Callum_62
07-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Richie Foran

Just signed a new long term deal so doubt it

Winston Ingram
07-01-2014, 09:48 AM

He's not set the heather on fire there so i can't see him getting in Blackburns team nor can i see many stumping up a large portion of his wages after the 5 months he's just had.

I think it's a reasonable assumption that he'll be loaned out again at a cheaper price:agree:

E10 Rifle
07-01-2014, 11:04 AM
i believe he was referring to west brom and dorrans being the player in question

I believe this is the one too

Diclonius
07-01-2014, 11:08 AM

Absolutely not. Goodwillie would waste no time in trying to start up the George Street gang again.

Hibdan12
07-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Would Marley Watkins of ICT not fit into the recently injured player from a club where a manager has left?

Ritchie
07-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Please let this be true!!

Mon Dieu4
07-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Forest are trying to sign Dorrans so would be very surprised if it was him

Hibee87
07-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I very much doubt we would be able to get dorrans, however would be delighted if true. He is out of contact in the summer as well :cb

JIm
07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Forest are trying to sign Dorrans so would be very surprised if it was him

Did he not submit a transfer request last season citing personal issues? If so perhaps he is looking for a move back North?

What a signing if true. Competes well in the Premiership and has done ok for Scotland.

Scored a few wonder goals at West Brom as well, fingers crossed.......

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Absolutely not. Goodwillie would waste no time in trying to start up the George Street gang again.

I take it you are not a regular up George Street.

truehibernian
07-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I am hearing Kris Boyd is our top target and we are in talks, from my 'Lyle Taylor' source - anyone else hearing similar ?

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 12:40 PM
I am hearing Kris Boyd is our top target and we are in talks, from my 'Lyle Taylor' source - anyone else hearing similar ?

Seemingly Notts Forest showing interest.

truehibernian
07-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Seemingly Notts Forest showing interest.

Was only told this today SH - scores for fun up here and his family I think are settled through west, but IIRC he recently rated Billy Davies highly.

Happy New Year to ya bud, hope you had a good one :aok:

WestEndHibee
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Was only told this today SH - scores for fun up here and his family I think are settled through west, but IIRC he recently rated Billy Davies highly.

Is there a spare seat in the vengabus? :greengrin

SaulGoodman
07-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Are we getting our Dorrans and our Dorran confused?

I'd've thought Butcher would've went for Dorran, the Inverness winger.

Aldo
07-01-2014, 01:13 PM

I would be happy if we were to sign Boyd. Think we would require a nominal fee as he is contracted until the summer.

Mikey09
07-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Please let this be true!!

Dunno about Dorrans but I would certainly take Dorran from ICT...........

truehibernian
07-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Are we getting our Dorrans and our Dorran confused?

I'd've thought Butcher would've went for Dorran, the Inverness winger.

Would love him (Aaron Doran) at Hibs mate, he'd be a superb signing but alas I think he signed a new deal with ICT last season. I keep harping on about him but I also love wee Hasselbaink at Saints - nippy in all senses of the word, frustrating, but gets you off your seat when he gets the ball and runs at folk and very good technique and low centre of gravity. Him one flank, Alex the other - or Doran :greengrin

Scònaldò
07-01-2014, 01:26 PM
McPake and Dorrans are good mates, maybe McPake is trying to persuade him to join TBGAWA.

Hibiza
07-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Tim Clancy close to moving to Derry City i believe.

:bye: a complete disappointment. :flag:

SMAXXA
07-01-2014, 01:59 PM
:bye: a complete disappointment. :flag:

Happy to slate every man and his dug especially TB and MM and saying he will be away shortly cand can't wait. He's got a cheek the cash he's took from this club and contributed the square route of **** all.

truehibernian
07-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Happy to slate every man and his dug especially TB and MM and saying he will be away shortly cand can't wait. He's got a cheek the cash he's took from this club and contributed the square route of **** all.

Had to laugh at one of his recent comments mate when he said he'd been fit for ages and just 'wasn't getting a look in' - I thought to myself, aye, because you have been 'fit' for ages and as such you're not getting near the side 'cos yer at the lash :cb

Aldo
07-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Had to laugh at one of his recent comments mate when he said he'd been fit for ages and just 'wasn't getting a look in' - I thought to myself, aye, because you have been 'fit' for ages and as such you're not getting near the side 'cos yer at the lash :cb

Too true. I think that his bottle went and he wasn't up for the fight. So pretended to rip his tights and hasn't been seen since.
Took a wage has done nowt... Wonder if when he does go he'll be looking for a pay off??

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 02:17 PM

Happy New Year to you too mate.

Would take Boyd to Hibs, great goal scorer and that's what win games at the end of the day, but after knowing someone who spoke to Boyd not that long ago that Boyd has been doing his badges and is looking for a move in to the coaching side of things as well, it wouldn't surprise me if he just stays at killie until the end of the season, he is the last player killie will want to leave in this window.

Do Hibs have a striker coach at EM.

truehibernian
07-01-2014, 02:30 PM

Would take Boyd to Hibs, great goal scorer and that's what win games at the end of the day, but after knowing someone who spoke to Boyd not that long ago that Boyd has been doing his badges and is looking for a move in to the coaching side of things as well, it wouldn't surprise me if he just stays at killie until the end of the season, he is the last player killie will want to leave in this window.

Don't know mate - tell you who is doing his badges, big Darren Dods (he was taking some youth sessions recently) - tell you what, he's a big big laddie who I wouldn't want to play against even now :agree: the boy is solid. Really down to earth lad, very humble.

malagahibby
07-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Don't know mate - tell you who is doing his badges, big Darren Dods (he was taking some youth sessions recently) - tell you what, he's a big big laddie who I wouldn't want to play against even now :agree: the boy is solid. Really down to earth lad, very humble.is that the same Darren Dods who ran a mile when we were relegated in the 90s?

Fife-Hibee
07-01-2014, 02:45 PM
The sheep are after badwillie !

brog
07-01-2014, 02:54 PM
is that the same Darren Dods who ran a mile when we were relegated in the 90s?

This is yet another Hibs myth. I declare an interest here in that I've known Darren from the day he was born. I won't go into lengthy details but Darren was quite prepared to stay at Hibs & to take a wage cut to do so despite him being one of the lowest paid players in the team. Unfortunately the goalposts kept moving until it was not economically viable to accept Hibs offer. Do you really think he wanted to move away from home,with increased travel costs & commute, to go to mighty St Johnstone through choice? As the OP said Darren is a fine young man who has made the most of his footballing ability & has given, & continues to give 100% effort for ever club he has represented.

truehibernian
07-01-2014, 02:55 PM
is that the same Darren Dods who ran a mile when we were relegated in the 90s?

Can only comment on my most recent meeting with him and he is a really decent lad mate. I'm always tempted to run a mile from Hibs but they just seem to tug away at the heart strings and pull me back in :wink:
:greengrin

KiddA
07-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Taiwo and Thomson are a perfectly good level of player for Hibs, I really doubt they are being sold/benched because of their ability, they just don't fit Butchers system. If we played different and required those types of players they would be perfect.

I was told from a very good source that Thompson was told to play one touch in a training game and he refused. Malpas was taking the session and told all the players to play one touch, Thompson was taking 3 or 4 touches then Malpas asked him why and Thompson said he does not play one touch. Malpas then asked him to go home and then Thompson did and spat out his dummy. Also heard that at the Caley game at Easter Road when TB was watching Thompson signaled to the bench and asked Nicholl to sub Collins as he was not playing well. Thompson is a good player but we don't need big time charlies at Easter Road and I am glad the coaching team is making these changes. Taiwo on the other hand does not fit in, done a coaching course here in Florida and Taiwo's best mate was on the course and he said he was not in Terry's plans that was about a month ago.

Itsnoteasy
07-01-2014, 03:49 PM

If they have a striker coach he isnae doing a good job
Should follow Clancy & Mcpake oot the door.

Iceman1875
07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Love this time of year..... My own personal opinion....

Goodwillie - no thanks
Boyd - yes please
Doran (ICT) - not sure about him
Dorrans (WB) - in a heartbeat but won't happen
Shiels - hopeful
McKay - will move to championship IMO

I'd be happy to let vine, Clancy, taiwo and zoubiour go but I'd keep KT. If we can bring in two players in the mold of a goal scorer and playmaker we are set for a good second half for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Spike Mandela
07-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Inside The SPFL (@AgentScotland)
07/01/2014 16:34
Hibs made tentative enquiries about the possibility of swapping Kevin Thomson with Kris Boyd but Kilmarnock weren't interested

Hermit Crab
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
07/01/2014 16:34
Hibs made tentative enquiries about the possibility of swapping Kevin Thomson with Kris Boyd but Kilmarnock weren't interested

That boy talks *****. Pinch of salt with what he says.

Bronson
07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Seeing on twitter we enquired about offering KT for Boyd in a straight swap. Was rejected.

Spike Mandela
07-01-2014, 04:03 PM

In that case ignore this as well.......

07/01/2014 16:35
Hibs have also let it be known that Tom Taiwo will be allowed to leave if he can find another club before the end of the transfer window

Bronson
07-01-2014, 04:06 PM

Have to disagree, a lot of his rumours tend to be spot on and well before they make the news. He tweeted about us signing Taiwo IIRC, weeks before it happened when none of us had heard of him. I quite like him.

easty
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Seeing on twitter we enquired about offering KT for Boyd in a straight swap. Was rejected.

Would KT even go to Killie, he could do better.

Bronson
07-01-2014, 04:12 PM

Valid point, he could do better you're right, and I'm sure he knows that too.

Spike Mandela
07-01-2014, 04:21 PM
07/01/2014 17:20
Jamie Murphy to Hibs was almost a done deal, his performances over Xmas have led to Sheff Utd wanting more time before making final decision

hibees 7062
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Boyd , Miller and Murphy

http://blogs.name.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/excited-baby.gif

TheFamous1875
07-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Boyd , Miller and Murphy

http://blogs.name.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/excited-baby.gif

What's the latest re: Kenny Miller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Holmesdale Hibs
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM

That would only leave St Johnston if the league doesn't lie.

I'm surprised he's not had more of a chance under Butcher, good player IMO.

truehibernian
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM
What's the latest re: Kenny Miller?

Due to return to Canada in 2 weeks I think but maybe TC can confirm ?

joe breezy
07-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Can someone with KT's attitude really get a better club than Killie?

"I don't play one touch football" that's unacceptable to any coach of any team regardless of the player...

TheFamous1875
07-01-2014, 06:15 PM

He is. I would've thought he'd be ideal in the middle of a midfield three with Craig and Robertson, but Butcher seems to not have the same train of thought. Can't blame him if the 'one touch' story is true. If it is, Thomson can GTF. Very good player, but no player on this planet is, was or ever will be bigger than Hibernian F.C.

Unseen work
07-01-2014, 06:27 PM

"I don't play one touch football" that's unacceptable to any coach of any team regardless of the player...

When did he say this?

JimBHibees
07-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Assuming that story is accurate of course.

Ronniekirk
07-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Assuming that story is accurate of course.
Let's get back on thread topic We are a week into the Transfer Window and apart from links to Marley Watkins which has gone cold and Jamie Murphy which was early doors there isn't really a lot of speculation yet A few other teams have already made signings . Rod has been notorious for not allowing early signings to save cash and we end up scrambling around for loans at end of window Assume Big Tell won't want that so be interesting to see how this behind the scenes scenario plays out .The good run might mean Rod saying you need to off load players first before anyone comes in. do we know how many half season tickets we shifted as that and increased gate money which might happen now after hearts game is best way to ensure money is available

PeterboroHibee
07-01-2014, 07:35 PM
I would be happy if we were to sign Boyd. Think we would require a nominal fee as he is contracted until the summer.

I dont really get why we are going for Boyd. The way we are playing at the moment requires strikers who are fairly mobile and have to work especially hard for the team and to get their chances. If anything I think we need someone quicker who can put defenders under pressure and work the channels, not someone who is a good finisher but is slower and doesnt work as hard as the players we have.

Aldo
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
I dont really get why we are going for Boyd. The way we are playing at the moment requires strikers who are fairly mobile and have to work especially hard for the team and to get their chances. If anything I think we need someone quicker who can put defenders under pressure and work the channels, not someone who is a good finisher but is slower and doesnt work as hard as the players we have.

Proven goal scorer and is currently scoring goals for an average Killie side. I get your point bout him being not as mobile but think he would give us a cutting edge upfront.

Tbh I trust Butcher and will be happy with any decision.

Winston Ingram
07-01-2014, 07:41 PM

What attitude?

Weir7
07-01-2014, 08:22 PM
I was told from a very good source that Thompson was told to play one touch in a training game and he refused. Malpas was taking the session and told all the players to play one touch, Thompson was taking 3 or 4 touches then Malpas asked him why and Thompson said he does not play one touch. Malpas then asked him to go home and then Thompson did and spat out his dummy. Also heard that at the Caley game at Easter Road when TB was watching Thompson signaled to the bench and asked Nicholl to sub Collins as he was not playing well. Thompson is a good player but we don't need big time charlies at Easter Road and I am glad the coaching team is making these changes. Taiwo on the other hand does not fit in, done a coaching course here in Florida and Taiwo's best mate was on the course and he said he was not in Terry's plans that was about a month ago.
I've read some nonsense in my time. Simply not true. If any player refused to train it would be a case for sacking him.

Hermit Crab
07-01-2014, 08:24 PM
I've read some nonsense in my time. Simply not true. If any player refused to train it would be a case for sacking him.

He's as good as sacked when not in the squad or getting a look in. Unless of course he's injured. Personally I think he's out the door.

eastmainsmsh
07-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Chris mcguire tom hateley

Hermit Crab
07-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Is that inside info or part of your wish list?

BoltonHibee
07-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Was there not talk of Kevin McNaughton ex sheep full back from Cardiff.

Not sure about that.... He was on loan at Bolton, played 12/13 games or something and did very well. Cardiff recalled him ( New manager ) and he played against Arsenal at the weekend.

We have no chance of landing him on loan

eastmainsmsh
07-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Is that inside info or part of your wish list?

Dont have inside info bud but think those two players could be decent additions just my opinion

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Kane Hemmings, doing well at Cowdenbeath, could be in our budget. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Kane Hemmings, doing well at Cowdenbeath, could be in our budget. :greengrin

Saw him at Berwick a while back P. Good player IMO

nribs
07-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Not sure but I think McGuire scored for Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend?

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Saw him at Berwick a while back P. Good player IMO

Yeah i heard that J, someone was talking to me about him and said he was flying at Cowdenbeath.

The :greengrin was for being in our budget rather than some of the names that are going about just now. :wink::greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah i heard that J, someone was talking to me about him and said he was flying at Cowdenbeath.

The :greengrin was for being in our budget rather than some of the names that are going about just now. :wink::greengrin

Laugh is, he's on loan there from Rangers. Obviously farmed out to get experience at a higher level :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
07-01-2014, 10:22 PM

Have you seen the quality balls getting delivered into the box by us or late???? Boyd would thrive on them and probably score more than Griffiths.

Did you watch Boyd's movement when he played against us??? Created 3 goal scoring opportunities for Killie and IMO he was not playing to his full, unlike other recent games i.e. the goal he scored against Ross County (i think) he didnae even look to see where the goal or keeper was (that's for starters!!!!

Boyd is a quality player and with the current way we are playing (ball in the box/shot on sight) he would score 30 odd goals for us.... EASY

Cannae see it happening mind you! :wink:

Jim44
07-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Have you seen the quality balls getting delivered into the box by us or late???? Boyd would thrive on them and probably score more than Griffiths.

Did you watch Boyd's movement when he played against us??? Created 3 goal scoring opportunities for Killie and IMO he was not playing to his full, unlike other recent games i.e. the goal he scored against Ross County (i think) he didnae even look to see where the goal or keeper was (that's for starters!!!!

Boyd is a quality player and with the current way we are playing (ball in the box/shot on sight) he would score 30 odd goals for us.... EASY

Did he not say last week that he had no intention of leaving Killie?

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Laugh is, he's on loan there from Rangers. Obviously farmed out to get experience at a higher level :greengrin

Rangers let him go and he signed a year contract at Cowdenbeath. :aok:

Jonnyboy
07-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Rangers let him go and he signed a year contract at Cowdenbeath. :aok:

Probably worth a punt. Better than Lyle Taylor IMO :agree:

macca70
07-01-2014, 10:42 PM

Or maybe we need someone who we can get the ball up to quickly, hold it up til support arrives eg the role Collins is currently playing but Boyd is also clinical in the box which we have yet to see from Collins.

silverhibee
07-01-2014, 10:56 PM

:agree:

Potential in the lad. :aok:

monktonharp
07-01-2014, 10:58 PM

p.s. It is great to see so much positivity and optimism on here. We have all suffered for years, Thank you Terry and the Team.I have heard, and it's only a rumour at this stage, that wee Lionel has knocked us back.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
I've heard we're signing Steve May and Billy MacKay, but only if we reach the championship.

KiddA
07-01-2014, 11:28 PM

You don't need to believe it but my source is a very good one hence why KT is moving on. He has also never played since the incident, also Hibs would not sack him as he would be due money. He is free to go as far as I know. My old man also seen the incident where KT was signalling to the Hibs bench to take Collins off the park V Caley. I am glad KT is moving on don't need that anywhere near the club, if KT had the right application he would be playing right now plain and simple as he is a decent player.

Thecat23
07-01-2014, 11:28 PM
I've heard we're signing Steve May and Billy MacKay, but only if we reach the championship.

That's correct, both want to play in a lower league and take a pay cut to play for us because we are so famous ;)

E10 Rifle
08-01-2014, 05:22 AM

Agree with this. His work rate against Hearts was first class too. The issue here (in reading his interviews) is that he will need to be guaranteed a starting slot so who do you drop for him? I think he's open to a move but it will need to be to a club where he can realise his Scotland ambitions among other things .. are we the right club for him at this stage therefore? I doubt it unfortunately. That said, and putting my reservations to one side, I think he'd be a great signing as we still lack the number of goals from our strikers that are needed to make us genuine contenders for second slot in the league. (I've probably gone part way to answering my own first question there...):rolleyes:

Hibs90
08-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Signing Boyd would just hamper Collins development tbh.

SMAXXA
08-01-2014, 07:32 AM

Shouldn't your TBH not read IMO.

i actually disagree and think it would help his development. We all know Collins can run about daft and work his socks off but we want him to get more goals and can't think of many better at showing how it's done than Boyd IMO.

Www1875hfc
08-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Be delighted to see a decent player pull on the number 9 jersey that's for sure. :agree:

Aldo
08-01-2014, 08:30 AM

Have to disagree. Boyd would be an excellent addition to the team and I feel that Collins would learn a lot.

Boyd would bring goals. We are creating the chances but lack the composure. I think Boyd would bring this.

hibernian1982
08-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Goodwillie is due to return to Blackburn and sounds like McNamara is looking for cover up front which suggests he isn't going back for him. I'd like to see him at ER, if only on loan for 6 months.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Goodwillie is due to return to Blackburn and sounds like McNamara is looking for cover up front which suggests he isn't going back for him. I'd like to see him at ER, if only on loan for 6 months.

Would prefer Boyd to Goodwillie.

Broken Gnome
08-01-2014, 09:44 AM

Sounds daft to say given he scored, but Taylor's finish against Hearts was honking. Really jammy. Coupled with the sitters he missed at Hampden against us then not sure he's all that.

Jones28
08-01-2014, 11:09 AM
What's on the list for us this month?

A winger? A striker maybe?

Really rate chris Johnstone at Killie, loads of potential.

Are we willing to take chances on lower league players or will Butcher go with experience for the time being?

sadtom
08-01-2014, 11:39 AM
I'd hate to see us sign that jakeball Boyd.
I remember him coming on for der huns at ER. He'd only been on the park 5 mins and he looked like i used to at 3am after a good night at Tribal Funktion.
If we are going for experiance i'd far prefer to see us go for Kenny Miller. He'd score enough, create much more and be a far better example to the younger members of the squad.
I reckon Boyd will go downhill quite rapidly in the next year or two. He hasnt looked after himself well enough. (imho)

WestEndHibee
08-01-2014, 11:48 AM
What's on the list for us this month?

A winger? A striker maybe?

Really rate chris Johnstone at Killie, loads of potential.

Are we willing to take chances on lower league players or will Butcher go with experience for the time being?

I reckon this might be likely given butcher and marsella's previous.

Gus Fring
08-01-2014, 11:54 AM
I remember him coming on for der huns at ER. He'd only been on the park 5 mins and he looked like i used to at 3am after a good night at Tribal Funktion.
If we are going for experiance i'd far prefer to see us go for Kenny Miller. He'd score enough, create much more and be a far better example to the younger members of the squad.
I reckon Boyd will go downhill quite rapidly in the next year or two. He hasnt looked after himself well enough. (imho)

Miller won't come to us. He's training at Murray Park (or whatever it's called nowadays) and needs to be back in Vancouver for pre-season in February.

Golden Bear
08-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Miller won't come to us. He's training at Murray Park (or whatever it's called nowadays) and needs to be back in Vancouver for pre-season in February.

That's what he said on a recent Sportscene programe. However Michael Stewart was also a studio guest and the smirk on his face when Kenny said what he did suggests to me that this might not be the case!

keep the faith
08-01-2014, 12:14 PM
That's what he said on a recent Sportscene programe. However Michael Stewart was also a studio guest and the smirk on his face when Kenny said what he did suggests to me that this might not be the case!

Its s shame he wasnt keeping fit at EM rather than murray park. Would love to see him back. his style of play, pace, attitude and experience would be perfect for us now.

cam75
08-01-2014, 12:15 PM
After a night at pure then carry on till tribal on sat night I think GGTTH

Golden Bear
08-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Its s shame he wasnt keeping fit at EM rather than murray park. Would love to see him back. his style of play, pace, attitude and experience would be perfect for us now.

:agree:

I totally agree.

Shaggy
08-01-2014, 12:16 PM
I will trust TB & MM in finding talent + ability,
but the Petrie factor will insist on players with potential re-sale value,
that will be the only hang-up with choosing players in there 30`s

sadtom
08-01-2014, 12:22 PM

Hell yeah. ;-)

SanFranHibs
08-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I think we should be putting top priority on a new drummer !!! He done ok against Hearts considering he has not been used much in the past few years but out of practice and really let himeself go I think.

:flag:

jeffers
08-01-2014, 12:42 PM
I will trust TB & MM in finding talent + ability,
but the Petrie factor will insist on players with potential re-sale value,
that will be the only hang-up with choosing players in there 30`s

What about Nelson ?

The_Horde
08-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I think we should be putting top priority on a new drummer !!! He done ok against Hearts considering he has not been used much in the past few years but out of practice and really let himeself go I think.

:flag:

I heard the livi drummer is available on a pre contract.

SanFranHibs
08-01-2014, 12:53 PM
;3863082']I heard the livi drummer is available on a pre contract.

Really is a quiet window everywhere thus far. Not too many names being thrown around even in Engerlund.

brog
08-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Sounds daft to say given he scored, but Taylor's finish against Hearts was honking. Really jammy. Coupled with the sitters he missed at Hampden against us then not sure he's all that.

Spot on! He did really well to break through then hit it at the only part of the goal occupied by the keeper!! I think he's a decent raw talent but he doesn't strike me as being a natural goalscorer. I wouldn't swap him for Jason Cumming, I think that lad could be exceptional.

Aldo
08-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Spot on! He did really well to break through then hit it at the only part of the goal occupied by the keeper!! I think he's a decent raw talent but he doesn't strike me as being a natural goalscorer. I wouldn't swap him for Jason Cumming, I think that lad could be exceptional.

I think Taylor believed his on hype. Scoring 29 goals in Div one in Scotland when he was with Falkirk and I think he expected to just step up and do it from the off with Sheffield Utd. Proving not to be the case.

I am however very happy with him scoring against them on Sunday.

Spike Mandela
08-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Love this article, they don't even bother asking a Hearts fan:greengrin............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25534679

JustSimplyHibs
08-01-2014, 02:52 PM

Totally agree, once he gets that goal for the first team there will be no stopping him - he is a player that will be worth millions with the right upbringing and a place to flourish.

DanHFC1875
08-01-2014, 02:54 PM
The sheep are after badwillie !

If you are changing GOOD to BAD, may as well go the whole hog and change WILLIE to FANNY

''The sheep are after Badfanny !''

There you go :wink:

ballengeich
08-01-2014, 04:09 PM
If you are changing GOOD to BAD, may as well go the whole hog and change WILLIE to FANNY

''The sheep are after Badfanny !''

There you go :wink:

In Dundee he's known as Teckletackle.

Onceinawhile
08-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Notice dundee united have signed farid el aguili or whatever his name was for the rest of the season. Taylor and him in an ex falkirk shoot out.

Would have taken him.

Ronniekirk
08-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Notice dundee united have signed farid el aguili or whatever his name was for the rest of the season. Taylor and him in an ex falkirk shoot out.

Would have taken him.
In the pst I would of agreed as other teams tend to sign players early that you think ok they could of done a job for us .However In Gig Tell We Trust . if at end of window he comes out and says he didn't get the backing to sign who he wanted then that will be a problem but lists see who we get asits important it's the right player to fit in with how we are wanting to play the game and a player with the right attributes strong mentality ,fast ,strength but can pass and attack minded this will improve the team and help process of getting us to next level which is top four . if no one comes in till players move on then Petrie is still calling the shots And if we can't move anyone on for a few weeks and one or two of known targets eg Murphy moves to another club then we will be right to be pissed off However Big Tell is persuasive as was Mowbray and think Board will try and do the right think and support Manager when he wants and can make a move .Also think he will look to get players in permanently if he can but if the right loan player could take us higher up the league then do t think he would miss out on that .

nribs
08-01-2014, 06:43 PM

Would have taken him. Not sure why? He has done nothing at Brentford and Clayton Donaldson flourished at Brentford?

hfc rd
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Seen this on Sky Sports:-

Jamie Murphy has insisted he has no desire to engineer a move away from Sheffield United during this month's transfer window.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2014, 08:12 PM

Would have taken him.

Good signing from United imo:agree:

Ozyhibby
08-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Seen this on Sky Sports:-

Jamie Murphy has insisted he has no desire to engineer a move away from Sheffield United during this month's transfer window.

In football speak that means he wants away.
:-)

brog
08-01-2014, 09:34 PM
I see Tyrone Barnett has gone to Bristol C on loan. I'm sure however Tel etc have something up their sleeve that none of us will have anticipated.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2014, 09:53 PM
I see Tyrone Barnett has gone to Bristol C on loan. I'm sure however Tel etc have something up their sleeve that none of us will have anticipated.

Either that or the Peterborough player to us is pish.

hfc rd
08-01-2014, 11:49 PM

The guy I hope that we are in for at Peterborough is Mendez-Laing. My mate at work is a Peterborough fan and he is really surprised as to why the Posh are letting him and Zakuani leave. Regarding the lad Barnett, Bristol City are very welcome to him.

hibeeleicester
08-01-2014, 11:50 PM

Was going to post that Tel had missed out on a target but didn't want shot down or to put everyone In a panic ha!:agree:

hibeeleicester
08-01-2014, 11:52 PM

However Tomlin to us was always pish :agree:

hibees 7062
08-01-2014, 11:53 PM
An SPFL team have enquired about Stevie May

Heisenberg
08-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Peterborough chairman on twitter yesterday saying Hibs hadnt been trying to get anyone from them...

@DMAC102: @LewisGFraser Hibs? Seriously pal nobody contrary to maybe what you have heard.

hfc rd
09-01-2014, 12:03 AM

Supposedly Hear7s. Him and Billy McKay to spearhead the championship attack for the gorgie mob next season.

AngusHibby
09-01-2014, 12:18 AM

Where you heard this? Can't imagine Celtic would be after him and apart for them, I reckon only us and Aberdeen compete financially. Would be an unbelievable signing!

hibees 7062
09-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Where you heard this? Can't imagine Celtic would be after him and apart for them, I reckon only us and Aberdeen compete financially. Would be an unbelievable signing!

Young guy in Muchty , i didnt know he was a mate of his

hibeeleicester
09-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Peterborough chairman on twitter yesterday saying Hibs hadnt been trying to get anyone from them...

@DMAC102: @LewisGFraser Hibs? Seriously pal nobody contrary to maybe what you have heard.

That was about Tomlin :aok:

Ken what don't believe my source.

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2014, 12:40 AM

Pure...Tribal Funktion...you are taking me back. Them was the daze.

RIP Bestie
09-01-2014, 02:31 AM
In the pst I would of agreed as other teams tend to sign players early that you think ok they could of done a job for us .However In Gig Tell We Trust . if at end of window he comes out and says he didn't get the backing to sign who he wanted then that will be a problem but lists see who we get asits important it's the right player to fit in with how we are wanting to play the game and a player with the right attributes strong mentality ,fast ,strength but can pass and attack minded this will improve the team and help process of getting us to next level which is top four . if no one comes in till players move on then Petrie is still calling the shots And if we can't move anyone on for a few weeks and one or two of known targets eg Murphy moves to another club then we will be right to be pissed off However Big Tell is persuasive as was Mowbray and think Board will try and do the right think and support Manager when he wants and can make a move .Also think he will look to get players in permanently if he can but if the right loan player could take us higher up the league then do t think he would miss out on that .
What?
Don't understand most of this but of course Petrie will be controlling the purse strings. Butcher will be well aware of his budget and will identify and try to sign players accordingly. I think it has been documented elsewhere that players have been told they are free to move on and no doubt moving them on will affect what we can bring in. That's good financial management in my opinion. This transfer window should be about bringing the right players in rather than bringing players in for the sake of it as has been done so many times in recent years. Butcher will have his targets and I'm sure they will be realistic targets and, in my opinion, he should hold out for them.

Paloschi
09-01-2014, 09:52 AM
So to summarise the rumours:

Goalkeepers in: none

Defenders in: Alan Hutton (highly doubt this one)

Midfielders in: Marley Watkins, Aaron Doran (ICT link), Graham Dorrans.

Forwards in: Jamie Murphy, Kris Boyd, David Goodwillie, Stevie May, Kenny Miller, Lee Tomlin, Billy McKay (ICT link)

Players out: Tim Clancy, Kevin Thomson, Rowan Vine, Tom Taiwo, Ross Caldwell (loan - maybe)

Can't think of anymore to add to the list?

IMO only Watkins, Boyd and Doran seem viable but it is great ambition if we are in for players like May and Dorrans :agree: I would also like us to look at some of the young players in the Championship (Div 1) although our youngsters are doing great!

number9dream
09-01-2014, 10:07 AM

Forwards in: Jamie Murphy, Kris Boyd, David Goodwillie, Stevie May, Kenny Miller, Lee Tomlin, Billy McKay (ICT link)

Players out: Tim Clancy, Kevin Thomson, Rowan Vine, Tom Taiwo, Ross Caldwell (loan - maybe)

IMO only Watkins, Boyd and Doran seem viable but it is great ambition if we are in for players like May and Dorrans :agree: I would also like us to look at some of the young players in the Championship (Div 1) although our youngsters are doing great!

That looks like a wildly implausible list of targets!
Even the players you deem viable would be a stretch. Doran on a long contract now and would cost a few bob and there is no chance Boyd will join another Scottish team this month. Maybe a pre-contract offer for Watkins followed by cheeky, low bid.

DC_Hibs
09-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Dorrans and Tomlin being listed are the pick of the bunch. And some say the Saviles are deluded.

Have a word ya fan dans.....

Heisenberg
09-01-2014, 10:18 AM
From the evening news..

Butcher eyes Murphy
Hibs are hopeful of landing Sheffield United’s Jamie Murphy in the transfer window.

Terry Butcher is keen to sign a loan deal for the 24-year-old

Nothing new there tbh. Would be a good addition but I cant see it now he's back in the team and scoring. Hopefully get some transfer movement soon.

Pray4Marc
09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I remember a friendly against Huddersfield 2 years back that finished 2-2 (Ivan's screamer with his LEFT foot) young boy on the wing Sean Scannell. He was outstanding, strong, direct, flair. Even hibs fans applauded him when being substituted. This is the type of player we need.

Purehibee_MYB
09-01-2014, 11:01 AM

Dorrans and Tomlin being listed are the pick of the bunch. And some say the Saviles are deluded.

We laugh at the yams for talking about targets but this is just as deluded, if not worse. Missed off Josh meekings from ICT, he's an actual realistic target as I think he is out of contract in summer

Bronson
09-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Is there seriously anything in the stevie may rumour? Really can't see it, would cost a decent fee.

--------
09-01-2014, 11:16 AM

I'm deeply sceptical about every name on that list except the departures. Wishful thinking on the part of the posters and/or their sources, I'd say. I'd be VERY surprised indeed if any of those names figured on our team-sheets any time this century.

Some folks getting a touch of Delusional Jambo Syndrome.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 11:21 AM
From the evening news..

Butcher eyes Murphy
Hibs are hopeful of landing Sheffield United’s Jamie Murphy in the transfer window.

Terry Butcher is keen to sign a loan deal for the 24-year-old

Nothing new there tbh. Would be a good addition but I cant see it now he's back in the team and scoring. Hopefully get some transfer movement soon.

This is now coming up regularly enough in the papers over the last few weeks to suggest there is definite interest. This has beenthe strongest link to a player we have had so far this window. He seems in favour at SU again but they may feel that it would be helpful to off load some wages to get someone else in especially if JM is say homesick and wants away, even only for a few months. I think the talk of him saying he does not wish to engineer a move translates as "I'm not going to throw the toys out the pram and ask to get away but if there is an option then I will consider it".

brog
09-01-2014, 11:30 AM
I remember a friendly against Huddersfield 2 years back that finished 2-2 (Ivan's screamer with his LEFT foot) young boy on the wing Sean Scannell. He was outstanding, strong, direct, flair. Even hibs fans applauded him when being substituted. This is the type of player we need.

I saw a lot of Scannell when he was at Palace & he looked to have great potential. Seems to have lost his way a bit at HT, last I saw him he was a sub. Interestingly HT do have a prior supposed target for us ( Callum Woods ) on their books but he's kept out the team by Paul Dixon, ex Dundee Utd. Anyway, SS cost about £1mm when he signed a 3 year deal 18 months ago so he is not a realistic target though I agree someone with his pace & directness is what what we need.

JimBHibees
09-01-2014, 11:32 AM
We laugh at the yams for talking about targets but this is just as deluded, if not worse. Missed off Josh meekings from ICT, he's an actual realistic target as I think he is out of contract in summer
He would be excellent just hope you are right about contract position.

The Sea-gull
09-01-2014, 11:32 AM

Not so sure that it won't be Celtic. I get a funny feeling he would be theirs and Lennon's type of player. A cheap, young Scottish player who is proving to have a bit of talent. I actually think Celtic would be better going for Griffiths who is maybe just that wee bit more ready and quality than May.

May would actually do well to stay at St Johnstone for another 18 months or so and then move. Don't see any point in him going to an Aberdeen or a Hibs though having said that a move up to a bigger club, a wee bit more money and a good 18 months at one of these clubs would further enhance his reputation.

Agree, if it is not Celtic then it can only be us or Aberdeen maybe Dundee Utd though they have just signed a striker so probably rules them out unless the new guy is to replace Cifti (who is rumoured to be interesting clubs) and May would replace Goodwillie (who is apparently seen as an expensive substitue by Jackie Mac) with the money coming from the sale of one of their £50m rated youngsters.

Unless ICT, Motherwell or St Mirren are selling someone and plan to use the money to get May but 1. they would not spend the sort of money required and 2. why would May go to any of them as it would be a sideways step.

One thing is for sure, it is no Hearts! Unless that is what is behind the begging to get their embargoi lifted. Now that would be interesting. :cb:devil:

nribs
09-01-2014, 12:03 PM

TBF to the original poster he did say to summaries the rumors. I don't think he was stating .Net FACT

Piqué
09-01-2014, 12:07 PM

Fairly sure Meekings has another year on his deal. I was told that Malpas had said to Meekings we would be in for him at some point though so this could happen

JimBHibees
09-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Fairly sure Meekings has another year on his deal. I was told that Malpas had said to Meekings we would be in for him at some point though so this could happen

Signed a 2 year deal in Dec 12. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Meekings

PatHead
09-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Not sure if Josh Meekings is a priority as we are well covered at CH. Think forward/attacking wide players is our priority along with cover at right back.

Heisenberg
09-01-2014, 01:07 PM
@GraemeBailey: Hearing that Hibernian are lining up a move for their former forward Dean Shiels - currently at Rangers.

Guy works for Sky Sports so a decent source I'd imagine. Would take him back but he won't be fully match fit.

SteveHFC
09-01-2014, 01:41 PM
@GraemeBailey: Hearing that Hibernian are lining up a move for their former forward Dean Shiels - currently at Rangers.

Guy works for Sky Sports so a decent source I'd imagine. Would take him back but he won't be fully match fit.

Love the username btw :wink: :greengrin

SMAXXA
09-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Renne Howe released by Burton, weren't we in for him in the summer, maybe a good wideberth

Billychaotic182
09-01-2014, 02:07 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_linked_with_alexei_eremenko_820963/index.shtml

SteveHFC
09-01-2014, 02:09 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_linked_with_alexei_eremenko_820963/index.shtml

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-32286-Daffy-Duck-jaw-drop-gif-bugs-b-QoMJ.gif

hfc rd
09-01-2014, 02:10 PM

If he's as good as he was at Killie, then a very yes please.

SMAXXA
09-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Renne Howe released by Burton, weren't we in for him in the summer, maybe a good wideberth

Signed for Newport County

JimBHibees
09-01-2014, 04:07 PM
This is now coming up regularly enough in the papers over the last few weeks to suggest there is definite interest. This has beenthe strongest link to a player we have had so far this window. He seems in favour at SU again but they may feel that it would be helpful to off load some wages to get someone else in especially if JM is say homesick and wants away, even only for a few months. I think the talk of him saying he does not wish to engineer a move translates as "I'm not going to throw the toys out the pram and ask to get away but if there is an option then I will consider it".

Just saw an interview with Terry where he says how frustrating the window can be with managers being sacked (assuming MacKay at Cardiff) and players being injured and also getting back in the team and doing well (to me this sounds very much like Murphy).

Hermit Crab
09-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Read yesterday that Killy are trying to sign that eremenko boy they had on loan.

Andy74
10-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Don't know if its been mentioned but Butcher has confirmed Murphy is definitely not coming having spoken to Clough.

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
i noticed jermain Defoe is leaving spurs to top-up his pension pot in the MLS for Toronto

Billychaotic182
10-01-2014, 10:59 AM
i noticed jermain Defoe is leaving spurs to top-up his pension pot in the MLS for Toronto

Levy got a great deal there. 8mil for him. I'd fly him myself

brog
10-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Terry's really ruining this transfer window by being open & telling us we lost out on Murphy because he started scoring!! Its really rubbish trying to guess who we may be signing when the Manager tells us!! Seriously, absolutely correct not to sign someone just for sake of it. Only sign players who can take us forward, in Tel we trust!!

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Levy got a great deal there. 8mil for him. I'd fly him myself

that's a serious amount of cash spurs have raked in in the last several months, over 90Million