PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's game

PatHead
04-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Sorry to post a non-Hear7s thread but do we go with the same team tomorrow or will Heffernan get back in? I would go with the Heff myself.

aljo7-0
04-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I'd start with the same team but look to give Heff the second half (or earlier if there is a need).

Jonnyboy
04-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I'd start with the same team but look to give Heff the second half (or earlier if there is a need).

I agree with this. A good 45 from Jason and then unleash the Heff :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
04-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Sorry to post a non-Hear7s thread but do we go with the same team tomorrow or will Heffernan get back in? I would go with the Heff myself.

No need to apologise, just don't let it happen again.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Same team for me. They've performed well.

mutley
04-01-2014, 09:44 PM

Absolutely, If it's not broken, don't fix it. The same starting line up has worked very well so far

green.and.white
04-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Same line up but only bring Heff on if we need a goal, we lost too much energy and pace up front when Cummings went off against the yams

carnoustiehibee
04-01-2014, 09:47 PM
3/1 for hibs on willy hills. Looks very generous

Sir David Gray
04-01-2014, 09:50 PM
I like Heffernan a lot but I think it would be unfair if Cummings was dropped tomorrow.

I've only seen him twice and the first time was last Sunday and I've enjoyed watching him.

Lots of energy, good awareness and a willingness to get forward as well. I think he has a very bright future and I think he deserves to stay in the team.

Has to be the same team that started on Thursday.

Hibercelona
04-01-2014, 09:52 PM

The bookies are never generous. :wink:

Can see this being a hard fought game. Dundee Utd have hit quite a bit of a slump lately, but theres no doubt they can hurt any team on their day.

I can see this game ending a point a piece. Although it would be great to keep our winning streak going.

Liams
04-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Guys without ruin the spirit of goodness on this thread remember, the legs will be tired!! We have had a game on the 26th, 29th, 2nd and now sunday, its a real test of fitness against a quick passisng utd. Ill be happy with a draw

weonlywon6-2
04-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Im sure butcher will start with the same team tomorrow,they deaerve to start.
Will be a tough game and we can tend to fall flat after a derby victory
Hopefully go ok though

Onceinawhile
04-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Tough one. But nothing to fear for us going up there.

Personally, I'd start heff ahead of Cummings, as I think he's more likely to score, but wouldn't complain if we play the same starting 11.

1-1 draw methinks. Another point ahead of the super js.

PatHead
04-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Just remembered Robertson went off injured. Anyone know if he is a doubt?

Perhaps straight swap for Tudor Jones if he doesn't make it? Shame to change a winning team.

derek0762
04-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Same again for me if Robbo's fit if not otj can't wait, in Perth now and ready for the 30minute drive tomorrow after brekkie I've def got the bug back ;-) GGYTH

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

derek0762
04-01-2014, 10:10 PM
GGTTH*

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

silverhibee
04-01-2014, 10:36 PM
At ICT Butcher liked to play the same the 11 as often as he could so can only see the same team start as on Thursday unless there are injuries.

coco22
04-01-2014, 10:45 PM
I would start Heff with Collins . Cummings has done well but I think the ball sticks with Heff and he links play better, especially if Robertson and cairney can keep getting forward. Good to have a choice!

Off the bar
04-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Tough game, we went to tanadice and lost the weekend following the 6-2 game.
I fancy el tel will have got the boys to forget thursdays triumph and have the nut screwed for tomorrow.
2-0 hibs Collins at the double!

hibsbollah
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
I have no doubt it'll be the same team. Butcher likes continuity, and rightly so.

SMAXXA
04-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Not sure why people are calling for Heff to start he will be nowhere near fit enough to start a game at the moment IMO. I thought he looked a bit of the pace on Thursday although he has some nice touches.

Start with Cummings for me.

Carheenlea
04-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Injury apart I'd be surprised if there was to be any change to the starting line up. As has been pointed out, Terry Butcher advocates a settled team line up, and nobody deserves to lose their place at this time. Heffernan will have to be patient, but if he comes on and gets in amongst the goals he will force his way back into the team.

PatHead
04-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Couple of Stats

Dundee United have tasted defeat just once in their last 10 league games against Hibs, scoring on each occasion (W5 D4).
Hibs have won only once in their last 13 trips to Tannadice Park (W6 D6).

Ronniekirk
04-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Couple of Stats

Dundee United have tasted defeat just once in their last 10 league games against Hibs, scoring on each occasion (W5 D4).
Hibs have won only once in their last 13 trips to Tannadice Park (W6 D6).

Two ways to look at it then
we iether buckle like we would of done under Fenlon who would of played for draw and ended up losing extending united s record or

we do what we did against Ross county and throw form book out the window and take the view it's our turn to win there as it's overdue .

not sure how it will go too close to call A lot will depend how the young guns of united respond to three back to back defeats so it is a massive game for them.but also if tell has a way of stopping there free flowing style of football and whether we can continue to score two goals as think we will need to This certainly won't be a 0 0 that's for sure gutted I can't go Think it's the away ground I have been to most.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Start with the same eleven if we can. I would take a draw just now if offered but we are due a win at Tannadice.

Tyler Durden
05-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Tough game, we went to tanadice and lost the weekend following the 6-2 game.
I fancy el tel will have got the boys to forget thursdays triumph and have the nut screwed for tomorrow.
2-0 hibs Collins at the double!

Nah, the game after the 6-2 was a 1-0 win for us. Remember fairly well as it was the game we sung happy birthday to Sauzee - I was a few rows back from the lucky person who caught his strip when he showed his appreciation at FT!

Think team will be unchanged. Robertson would be a big miss so hope he's fit.

GreenArmyyy!
05-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Not sure why people are calling for Heff to start he will be nowhere near fit enough to start a game at the moment IMO. I thought he looked a bit of the pace on Thursday although he has some nice touches.

Start with Cummings for me.

I thought the opposite I thought he was very sharp on Thursday.

Purehibee_MYB
05-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Nah, the game after the 6-2 was a 1-0 win for us. Remember fairly well as it was the game we sung happy birthday to Sauzee - I was a few rows back from the lucky person who caught his strip when he showed his appreciation at FT!

Think team will be unchanged. Robertson would be a big miss so hope he's fit.

Think Robertson said on twitter it was just a double cramp in both legs that meant he went off, so he should be fit :aok:

Gustavo Fring
05-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Think Robertson said on twitter it was just a double cramp in both legs that meant he went off, so he should be fit :aok:

if he's fit then the starting 11 will be the same

CyberSauzee
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM

It does a bit, Hibs +0.5 @ 1.97 for me.

Can see this being a hard fought game. Dundee Utd have hit quite a bit of a slump lately, but theres no doubt they can hurt any team on their day.

I can see this game ending a point a piece. Although it would be great to keep our winning streak going.

Agree, will be happy with a draw.

JimBHibees
05-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Agree lets not forget United have a big advantage with playing about 30 hours earlier than our game and also playing at home so no travel.

Would take a draw however we should be flying however United have enormous talent and are hugely dangerous.