PDA

View Full Version : Musical tastes of the Hibs squad.

hibby rae
04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Was just wondering if folk know of any of the musical tastes of any present (or past for that matter) members of the team. For example, Butcher is a massive Iron Maiden fan! Would love it if he got them pumped up before the game with something like Run to the Hills!

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/uncategorized/steve_harris_by_terry_butcher/

I imagine Lewie would be quite into his indie music.

Eyrie
04-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Butcher is a man with good taste :aok:

Glory Lurker
04-01-2014, 05:40 PM

I believe he is, and praised him for this on another thread yesterday. I think he used to get named quite regularly by the other players as the answer to the question "which one of your team-mates has the worst taste in music" when that sort of thing came up in profiles. Mind might be playing tricks, but think I remember him getting slated for liking Stone Roses and the Smiths.

tamig
04-01-2014, 05:45 PM
I believe his is, and praised him for this on another thread yesterday. I think he used to get named quite regularly by the other players as the answer to the question "which one of your team-mates has the worst taste in music" when that sort of thing came up in profiles. Mind might be playing tricks, but think I remember him getting slated for liking Stone Roses and the Smiths.
Is that because they're into all that doof doof pish?

Paperboy
04-01-2014, 05:48 PM
I believe his is, and praised him for this on another thread yesterday. I think he used to get named quite regularly by the other players as the answer to the question "which one of your team-mates has the worst taste in music" when that sort of thing came up in profiles. Mind might be playing tricks, but think I remember him getting slated for liking Stone Roses and the Smiths.

He is. He did an interview in the Sun where he had to name his favourite tracks (think it was five) and I'm sure The Smiths and the Stones Roses were in it. At the time he wasn't flavour of the month at Hibs but at that time he went right up in my estimation!

Treadstone
04-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Alex Harris once described Justin Timberlakes' Mirrors as a 'choon' on the Twitter.

hibby rae
04-01-2014, 05:52 PM
I believe he is, and praised him for this on another thread yesterday. I think he used to get named quite regularly by the other players as the answer to the question "which one of your team-mates has the worst taste in music" when that sort of thing came up in profiles. Mind might be playing tricks, but think I remember him getting slated for liking Stone Roses and the Smiths.

He is. He did an interview in the Sun where he had to name his favourite tracks (think it was five) and I'm sure The Smiths and the Stones Roses were in it. At the time he wasn't flavour of the month at Hibs but at that time he went right up in my estimation!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100429/my-tunes-lewis-stevenson_2262950_2039113

How would you sum up your current musical taste?
"I'm into my indie music and a bit of rock. I quite like electro music as well - I go to some festivals for that. I used to listen to bands like The Smiths and Joy Division and also newer bands like The Libertines and The View. I went to see The View before they became big and it is good that I went to see them play some intimate gigs. Then they were playing in front of 50 folk and now they are playing in front of thousands in big venues."

Nice one Lewie. :aok: The boy's got taste.

Glory Lurker
04-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Alex Harris once described Justin Timberlakes' Mirrors as a 'choon' on the Twitter.

With a private education, too :bitchy:

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2014, 05:53 PM

This probably means I'm outta touch with what's cool with da yoof but I'm with you on this one.
Funny how club anthems all hark back to the 90s early noughties #theresAReason

WestStandhibee
04-01-2014, 05:53 PM

I recall seeing Lewis at Murrayfield when Oasis played there in 2009. Always had a soft spot for the wee man since then :greengrin

hibby rae
04-01-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100527/my-tunes-john-rankin_2262950_2060127

John Rankin.

"I listen to Robbie Williams - I've got all his albums. I also like Cheryl Cole" :rolleyes:

tamig
04-01-2014, 06:04 PM
This probably means I'm outta touch with what's cool with da yoof but I'm with you on this one.
Funny how club anthems all hark back to the 90s early noughties #theresAReason

Ive got a huge range of musical tastes and do follow a few up and coming bands. I like a bit of everything but some of the current dance stuff is pretty naff imo. Give me some Orb, 808 State or Chemical Brothers any day.

HibeeMassive
04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
It was dance music blasting out in the changing room on Thursday - not sure who's choice it was but it was certainly upbeat!

MrRobot
04-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I had a chat with Lewis Stevenson at an Enter Shikari gig before.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-01-2014, 07:58 PM

John Rankin.

"I listen to Robbie Williams - I've got all his albums. I also like Cheryl Cole" :rolleyes:

I believe Rankin was emptied for this reason alone. Arguably worse than his ability.

Carheenlea
04-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Football players have traditionally had dreadful taste in music. Can remember as a kid reading profiles in Shoot magazine and the like where players were citing Phil Collins, Dire Straits, Status Quo and such like as favoured artists. Stuart Pearce with his punk and Pat Nevin with his post-punk were two at least that swam against the Dad-Rock tide :greengrin

Northernhibee
04-01-2014, 10:10 PM

Booooooooooooooo, get him punted! :greengrin

ScottB
04-01-2014, 10:33 PM

Ugh *clap clap clap*

Not heard that in ages, remember walking home down Leith Walk one night years ago and hearing it absolutely blasting out of a random flat window.

Dr Jimmy
04-01-2014, 10:51 PM

What, Eastenders?

portycabbage
04-01-2014, 11:18 PM

John Rankin.

He also says his favorite song pre-match is Gina G's "Ooh Ah Just A Little Bit". The man is a waste of ears!

hibby rae
05-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Football players have traditionally had dreadful taste in music. Can remember as a kid reading profiles in Shoot magazine and the like where players were citing Phil Collins, Dire Straits, Status Quo and such like as favoured artists. Stuart Pearce with his punk and Pat Nevin with his post-punk were two at least that swam against the Dad-Rock tide :greengrin

Pat has a great taste in music. I remember he told me that he and two Chelsea players made a deal to take each other to a gig. One took them to something crap like Genesis, one took them to Jackson Browne and Pat took them to see the Jesus and Mary Chain in a basement!

Northernhibee
05-01-2014, 01:37 AM
Is This Music have this fantastic interview with Pat regarding his music tastes.

http://www.isthismusic.com/pat-nevin

Phil D. Rolls
05-01-2014, 09:10 AM
How sad a thread is this? In the old days, player profiles in the match programme used to ask players who their favourite singer was. Nobody ever said John Lydon.

Basically, who gives a monkeys what the players taste in music is.

hibby rae
05-01-2014, 09:21 AM
How sad a thread is this? In the old days, player profiles in the match programme used to ask players who their favourite singer was. Nobody ever said John Lydon.

Basically, who gives a monkeys what the players taste in music is.

You're not a morning person then?

Phil D. Rolls
05-01-2014, 09:28 AM
You're not a morning person then?

Not as a rule. :greengrin

CyberSauzee
05-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Is This Music have this fantastic interview with Pat regarding his music tastes.

http://www.isthismusic.com/pat-nevin

Great read, thanks for posting.

Iggy Pope
05-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Jackie MacNamara was well into Crosby Stills & Nash and Bob Dylan.

****ing hippy.
:greengrin

I recall Mickey Weir citing Public Enemy's 'Fear Of A Black Planet' amongst his listening in a programme feature back at the time.

I know Pat Nevin is only an honorary member, but I remember him being interviewed in the NME in 1980ish and he was photographed with a big overcoat and a Joy Division badge. He spoke about his love of the Cocteau Twins and had went all indie after being into Slaughter & The Dogs.

Paperboy
05-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I've got a bit more respect for the likes of Stevenson and Nevin because of their musical likes. It's refreshing when people have the same taste as you, much like finding out people in here that you've never met are into the same stuff too! Also gives me a bit of a personality too.

also remember hearing Evertons Leighton Haines is well into his music. I'm sure he's presented some radio show before. I know he listed his favourite acts awhile back and it was quite impressive.

weonlywon6-2
05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
A lot of the hearts players like one direction !!!

easty
05-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Saw Lewis at The Courteeners gig in Hard Rock Café a few years ago. Good taste in music the lad has.:agree:

hibby rae
05-01-2014, 11:14 AM

Or S Club Juniors.

Northernhibee
05-01-2014, 11:15 AM

Heart of Midlothian FC are actually going in One Direction; @gdown:

Jones28
05-01-2014, 11:15 AM

So much so that they've formed a tribute act - Wrong Direction

Northernhibee
05-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Saw Lewis at The Courteeners gig in Hard Rock Café a few years ago. Good taste in music the lad has.:agree:

Courteeners? Enter Shikari? Not Hibs class, sit him down in front of the Neil Young or Idlewild back catalogues Terry and if he doesn't get it punt him :na na:

weonlywon6-2
05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Heart of Midlothian FC are actually going in One Direction; @gdown:

Glad someone saw the joke !!!