PDA

View Full Version : From Despair to Where

fat freddy
04-01-2014, 04:40 PM
With Hearts fate being sealed after Thursdays Derby Humiliation we now have the opportunity to look at what next season holds in store for them. Over on JKB there are optimists claiming that they will leap back up to the SPFL in one season, albeit via the play off lottery. A quick look at the clubs currently playing in The Championship would suggest that these claims are nothing other than the ramblings of a few deluded souls clinging to a life raft with a torpedo heading its way.

Assuming Dundee are promoted the The SPFL, The Rangers and Dunfermline are promoted to The Championship and Hearts drop down alone, here are the clubs they will be up against..

Rangers

Dunfermline

Hamilton

Falkirk

Raith Rovers

Alloa

Livingston

Queen Of The South

Dumbarton

All these clubs are battle hardened at this level with every club having experienced pro's and decent management teams. To claim that it will be a straightforward battle between Hearts and The Rangers for the title is further evidence of mass delusion. At best they will scrape into the play off places but i seriously think they will have a battle on their hands staying in this league. Is it too much for us to consider them dropping down another division or am i being over optimistic?

Humo
04-01-2014, 04:54 PM
All depends on their financial state.

If things continue as they are or worsen they will most likely drop down another division as they would be unable to sign any decent players otherwise I think they might stay in that division for about 2-3 seasons

Niffy
04-01-2014, 05:07 PM
There could be a Ross County or Partick or even Killie or St Mirren down there with them, equally as desperate to get back up.

Jones28
04-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Add an SPL play off loser and things get even worse for Hearts!

SanFranHibs
04-01-2014, 05:26 PM
They must feel good know that next the likes of Templeton will playing at Tynecastle next season.

:flag:

Ronniekirk
04-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Here Up **** creek without the proverbial paddle

Ronniekirk
04-01-2014, 05:41 PM
They must feel good know that next the likes of Templeton will playing at Tynecastle next season.

:flag:
Didn't realise he was resigning for hearts:agree:

Onceinawhile
04-01-2014, 05:43 PM
How much will Ian Murray be choking on gubbing them next year!

Pete
04-01-2014, 05:46 PM
They've already swept aside QOS and Raith with ease this season.

There'll be a long period of derby dominance for them to look forward to after next season is over. Surely they'll beable to outspend Livingston without too much trouble.

Hibercelona
04-01-2014, 05:46 PM
The powers that be will do their damn hardest to ensure that both The Rangers and Hearts are re-promoted back up into the SPFL in 2015.

There's a reason they added play off places. It wasn't to add excitement. It's because they saw this scenerio coming.

Mikey
04-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Don't forget that there's still the distinct possibility that they could start next season on -15.

Aldo
04-01-2014, 05:51 PM
The powers that be will do their damn hardest to ensure that both The Rangers and Hearts are re-promoted back up into the SPFL in 2015. There's a reason they added play off places. It wasn't to add excitement. It's because they saw this scenerio coming.

I really do think the Yams might struggle to survive if they are still in admin come the close season.

However if they do they will not have that much income and will have to spend wisely cos the powers that be will ensure everything is paid correctly.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2014, 05:54 PM
The powers that be will do their damn hardest to ensure that both The Rangers and Hearts are re-promoted back up into the SPFL in 2015.

There's a reason they added play off places. It wasn't to add excitement. It's because they saw this scenerio coming.

It wasn't the "powers that be" that added the play-offs. It was the clubs themselves, as part of a wider package of reforms.

Hibs Class
04-01-2014, 05:58 PM
The the rangers newco described every game last season and this as a cup final, as other teams would raise their game because the rangers would be the team to beat. This hasn't led to many upsets due to sevco's suicidal overspending. I think that teams will raise their game against both the rangers and the hearts next year. Regardless of what happens with the the rangers, I think hearts will really struggle next year as their squad will continue to be pish and they'll be unable to spend their way back up. I think mid table is genuinely the best they can hope for.

The Leith Dutch
04-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Don't forget that there's still the distinct possibility that they could start next season on -15.

Bear in mind the way sevco are burning through the cash it's not impossible they could also be on -15

I can think of little funnier than sevco and wee sevco fighting out the relegation spots in the championship.

Duffys13
04-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Gonna really enjoy Jeff's Soccer Saturday next season. There will be some cracking results popping up on your tele

MyJo
04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Let's not forget that if they do somehow get into second place in that league they will then have to navigate a two legged play-off against, most likely, the third placed team in the league and then win another two legged playoff against the 11th placed spl team before they get back into the spl. It ain't gonna be easy for them regardless what they say

Chump
04-01-2014, 07:42 PM
What will not happen is Hertz bouncing back in the style and class Hibs did in 99/00....we were able to sign Latapy and Sauzee and absolutely dominated that league....the Yams will never be in a position to sign a player close to that calibre!!

I'm one of the Hibs fans who really hopes that they suffer for several seasons...yes I'd miss a derby but I'd take that if it meant continuous seasons laughing at them languishing in the lower leagues.....

.....bring on the next nail in the Yam coffin :hilarious

Famous Fiver
04-01-2014, 07:46 PM
and don't forget that there are an awful lot of disgruntled Hearts fans whose only weapon to demonstrate their displeasure is to cancel their Direct Debit.
They are Donald Ducked. League 1 here they come!!!!!

Islington Hibs
04-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Look where Portsmouth are now. 4th from bottom of the bottom league and after winning a certain cup a few years ago. Sense of deja vu? The excitement builds as The Hearts await the visit of mighty East Stirlingshire in front of a very respectable 3072 spectators.

Flanny boy
04-01-2014, 08:39 PM
What will not happen is Hertz bouncing back in the style and class Hibs did in 99/00....we were able to sign Latapy and Sauzee and absolutely dominated that league....the Yams will never be in a position to sign a player close to that calibre!!

I'm one of the Hibs fans who really hopes that they suffer for several seasons...yes I'd miss a derby but I'd take that if it meant continuous seasons laughing at them languishing in the lower leagues.....

.....bring on the next nail in the Yam coffin :hilarious
I,ll second this chump :agree:

davhibby
04-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Did Portsmouth not get bought by the fans? And they're no near the bottom of league 2 in England. Could hearts end up like them? Would be great if they did

yeezus.
04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
With Hearts fate being sealed after Thursdays Derby Humiliation we now have the opportunity to look at what next season holds in store for them. Over on JKB there are optimists claiming that they will leap back up to the SPFL in one season, albeit via the play off lottery. A quick look at the clubs currently playing in The Championship would suggest that these claims are nothing other than the ramblings of a few deluded souls clinging to a life raft with a torpedo heading its way.

Assuming Dundee are promoted the The SPFL, The Rangers and Dunfermline are promoted to The Championship and Hearts drop down alone, here are the clubs they will be up against..

Rangers

Dunfermline

Hamilton

Falkirk

Raith Rovers

Alloa

Livingston

Queen Of The South

Dumbarton

All these clubs are battle hardened at this level with every club having experienced pro's and decent management teams. To claim that it will be a straightforward battle between Hearts and The Rangers for the title is further evidence of mass delusion. At best they will scrape into the play off places but i seriously think they will have a battle on their hands staying in this league. Is it too much for us to consider them dropping down another division or am i being over optimistic?

Stranraer coule be in the Championship next season - we scored another 4 goals today against Ayr, got a point at Ibrox and beat Ross County in the League Cup - Hearts will remain in the Championship for at least one season!