This game on the Walter Mellie?

Roger!

DAVE1875
04-01-2014, 03:39 PM
This game on the Walter Mellie?

Reason why it was moved to the day before

marinello59
05-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Given that so many on here hailed Friday night football as a good thing it would be nice to get our first sizeable support up there for a while. For those of you that can I would urge you to stay over. Aberdeen is absolutely jumping at the weekends. A football match played under the light followed by a good night out.:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Given that so many on here hailed Friday night football as a good thing it would be nice to get our first sizeable support up there for a while. For those of you that can I would urge you to stay over. Aberdeen is absolutely jumping at the weekends. A football match played under the light followed by a good night out.:thumbsup:

Friday night football would be great if the games were all within a reasonable travelling distance (eg Motherwell, st Johnstone). Aberdeen away is a struggle for those finishing work at 5-6 o'clock.

...WentToMowAnSPL
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM

It's also really warm this time of year now they've installed the heating in the away end ⛄️

Hibbyradge
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Hotels in aberdeen are expensive Sunday to Thursday, but there are cheap rates to be found at the weekend.

However, I'll be working in Newcastle on the 10th so although it's a good idea, it'll be the telly for me.

I'd love a Friday night game at Easter Road.

.Sean.
05-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm all for Friday night football assuming those who arrange the fixtures actually have half a braincell. The Motherwell games were fantastic and it was a game you could easily commute to after work. Aberdeen on a Friday night just after Christmas/ New Year though? That's either a days holiday from work during the first working week of the year or an unpaid and unauthorised day off. Even I can't justify that and I'm not someone with a mortgage/ family etc. Ridiculous decision. Pretty annoyed by it as Aberdeen away is probably my favourite awayday of the season.

yeezus.
05-01-2014, 11:39 AM

:agree: I was at University in Aberdeen for 3 years and about 1 year in discovered one of the best pubs I've ever been to: the St. Machar bar. Can't wait for this one!

sbell1875
05-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Fly out to Benidorm on Friday morning...I don't suppose anyone knows of a pub / bar likely to be showing the game on tv?

CorrieHibs
05-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Jumping jacks in benidorm

God Petrie
05-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Looking at trains but impossible to get back after the game.