PDA

View Full Version : 2009 was last time we beat them at Easter Rd......

HibsNZ
04-01-2014, 09:21 AM
According to the papers, bollix it was 9th March 2013!11685

SaulGoodman
04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
I hate this "In the league" statistic pish, nah, the last time we beat them at ER was when we papped them out the cup in the shortest time in recent history.

And we should've beat them in March.

Tyler Durden
04-01-2014, 09:38 AM
I hate this "In the league" statistic pish, nah, the last time we beat them at ER was when we papped them out the cup in the shortest time in recent history.

I remember similar debate last season and I don't really understand folks problem here. It's not a misleading stat - we had not beat them in the league since 2009. Truly appalling record and personally was pissed off with people claiming a season unbeaten against them as a success. They were ***** last year and Fenlons negative approach cost us good opportunities to beat them in the league.

Thank god we now have a manager who demands success and know how to achieve it. His impact on the likes of Hanlon and Stevenson has been amazing already.

HibsNZ
04-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Sorry your right, should have put in the league, my bad :)

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
we also beat them 1-0 last march when sparky's free kick landed the length of a submarine over the line :agree: we won that game fair and square so stuff what the history book says about that one, can you imagine how psycho brown and gary c**ke would have reacted if they had a 'goal' like that chalked off ? pffft

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Sorry your right, should have put in the league, my bad :)

You only need to apologise for the use of "my bad".

SaulGoodman
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
roflmao

Sir David Gray
04-01-2014, 03:10 PM
I remember similar debate last season and I don't really understand folks problem here. It's not a misleading stat - we had not beat them in the league since 2009. Truly appalling record and personally was pissed off with people claiming a season unbeaten against them as a success. They were ***** last year and Fenlons negative approach cost us good opportunities to beat them in the league.

Thank god we now have a manager who demands success and know how to achieve it. His impact on the likes of Hanlon and Stevenson has been amazing already.

We beat them 2-1 at Tynecastle in May.

Kato
04-01-2014, 03:13 PM
It's not a misleading stat - we had not beat them in the league since 2009.

Fenlon's team beat them at Tynie toward the end of last season, all over them too.

Tyler Durden
04-01-2014, 03:19 PM
We beat them 2-1 at Tynecastle in May.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Our approach in the 0-0 games at Easter Road and Tynie was particularly negative and typical of Fenlon. Happy to keep it tight and hope for a wonder goal from Griffiths - nearly worked of course but we should've have been out to batter them.

Tyler Durden
04-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Fenlon's team beat them at Tynie toward the end of last season, all over them too.

The stat was in the league at home, although looking back neither OP or me stated that.

Fletcher's headed/shouldered goal from AOBs cross in a 1-0 win in 2009.

EDIT: Thread title clearly refers to ER.

heretoday
04-01-2014, 03:27 PM

hear hear!

greenlex
04-01-2014, 03:44 PM
The last time we beat them at ER was Thursday.:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2014, 03:49 PM

What and not the use of "your"?!

Anyway - Hearts fans are always the same - basically you've not beaten us since the last time you beat us.

Nando™
04-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Cheats and thieves sometimes prosper, they prospered through their despicable ways.

Not anymore.

Aldo
04-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Cheats and thieves sometimes prosper, they prospered through their despicable ways. Not anymore.

Exactly. For those looking in 'Level Playing Field' = whinging moaning yams about it being unfair. Boo ****ing Hoo

Get it roond ye.

Ronniekirk
04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
According to the papers, bollix it was 9th March 2013!11685
And hearts think they are hard done by when their player scythes down Lewis and we get a penalty .

trev the hat
04-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Prior to Thurs 2 wins in 18 attempts with 10 defeats puts a bit of perspective on things in derbies.
As much as I enjoyed Thurs, the opportunity to address this being slim due to their demise IMO they're getting away lightly.

Kato
04-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Prior to Thurs 2 wins in 18 attempts with 10 defeats puts a bit of perspective on things in derbies.
As much as I enjoyed Thurs, the opportunity to address this being slim due to their demise IMO they're getting away lightly.

Which is why I hope FOH are successful.

heretoday
04-01-2014, 07:44 PM

Absolutely! er....sorry