PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With The Hearts These Day?

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2014, 11:25 PM
They don't seem to be firing on all cylinders.

One Day Soon
03-01-2014, 11:26 PM

Had a wee bit of the sauce there Bob?

BH Hibs
03-01-2014, 11:50 PM

Transfer embargo, having to play youth team, young untried manager, refereeing Masonic conspiracy, the EEN is out to get them, it's just no fair, not being able to spend money that don't have,steps at Easter Road to slippery, worldwide hobo conspiracy, no but it really really isnae fair and Billy Brown. Think that about covers it.

Oh aye nearly forgot 1902. 5-1 etc etc

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2014, 11:54 PM
I think it's a terrible shame as I've nothing against them and like to an Edinburgh team thrive.

poolman
03-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I think it's a terrible shame as I've nothing against them and like to an Edinburgh team thrive.

I think drink has been taken D B S :-)

Col2
03-01-2014, 11:56 PM

You beat me to it DBS. Funny, i noticed that myself. They seem to have been off colour a tad recently.

Its clearly not helped by being punished 4 or 5 times for being unlucky enough to go into administration (remember it wasn't the fault of those at the club just now especially David Southern who was only following instructions..).

Good news is that the transfer ban is bound to be lifted now that at long last Billy Brown (he HAS been places) has come out and said what we have ALL been thinking. A few phone calls should secure the return of Rudmiester, Gowser, Wowser, Tempers, Kylie, Blackie and the Beats.

Then normal service resumed i suspect. The SPFL will die without Hearts next season.

03-01-2014, 11:58 PM
As said about - everyone out to get the poor wee jambos, just not fair. Referees and SFA conspiring against them.

"Strugglin'" and it's no their fault, it's everyone else's don't you know!!!

Ronniekirk
04-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Could be a problem with their cylinder head gasket .had an old Mazda with the problem and eventually had to sell it for scrap so that's what might happen to Tyncastle.? on the scrap heap where they belong

GreenLake
04-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Transfer embargo, having to play youth team, young untried manager, refereeing Masonic conspiracy, the EEN is out to get them, it's just no fair, not being able to spend money that don't have,steps at Easter Road to slippery, worldwide hobo conspiracy, no but it really really isnae fair and Billy Brown. Think that about covers it.

Oh aye nearly forgot 1902. 5-1 etc etc

I see they are still doing their own secret ritual of scarf twirling - a worship of the sacrificial maroon turd as it swirls around the toilet pan during the flush, symbolizing the present journey of the average yam and their club.

basehibby
04-01-2014, 12:58 AM
I see they are still doing their own secret ritual of scarf twirling - a worship of the sacrificial maroon turd as it swirls around the toilet pan during the flush, symbolizing the present journey of the average yam and their club.

:agree: Very poetically put - I always wondered what the fluck they were up to and now it all makes sense - flushing of the sacrificial maroon turd - yes many thanks for clearing that one up :aok:

heretoday
04-01-2014, 01:05 AM
They are an absolutely frightful bunch, old boy.

But I don't want them to go out of business.

HibsNutter
04-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Remember though, they're going to be out of admin soon, transfer embargo will be lifted, the sheikhs will ditch man city to take over hearts an they'll sign messi, Ronaldo, ibrahimovic the lot and they'll retain they're status as Edonburgh's big team and we'll still be in their shadow :( oh and 5-1 fth never let the hobo's forget

Eyrie
04-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Can't quite put my finger on why but I'm sure we'll find out in a few months when their obituary is written.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2014, 10:34 AM
I thought they did a lot of firing a while back?!

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm a bit worried. Bus drivers don't have the same smile these days, and carpet fitters don't have the same swagger.

Whatever happened to those carefree days of the summer when the Yams were glorious, and their pride was known from Balgreen to Bulgaria?

It's like the lights are going out all over, and they won't come back on in our lifetime.

Aldo
04-01-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm a bit worried. Bus drivers don't have the same smile these days, and carpet fitters don't have the same swagger. Whatever happened to those carefree days of the summer when the Yams were glorious, and their pride was known from Balgreen to Bulgaria? It's like the lights are going out all over, and they won't come back on in our lifetime.

Glorious like the summer of 86

aljo7-0
04-01-2014, 10:40 AM
I think their malaise must be down to old war wounds playing up. Pieces of sharpnel shifting dangerously close to their beating Hearts. After all they won the war and will have taken a few hits in vanquishing such a foe.

NAE NOOKIE
04-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Ah ... I always wondered if doing that had a name .. you know, like the Hibees bounce or 'the Poznan' but now I know.

Flushing the Turd.

Cheers Greenlake :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Well done Sky Sports news! just referred to hearts as "hapless Hearts"!

and how spot on you are!

Bostonhibby
04-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Its a Festive season thing, everyone suffers a bit from all the excesses and over indulgence, they have been doing it for so long its bound to have an effect, especially when the credit card bills come in :greengrin

Either that, or they could just be ****ed?

Bostonhibby
04-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Well done Sky Sports news! just referred to hearts as "hapless Hearts"!

and how spot on you are!

Is this the new post liquidation club then? It has a certain ring to it but surely they could just call it Sevco, then The Heart of Midlothian?

RIP
04-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Very poor taste thread IMO

Just because we are the big establishment team in Edinburgh doesn't give us the right to rip the pash out of the wee team :tsk tsk:

:wink:

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm sure they'll do what they've always done and put their best foot forward and with stoic determination, simply get on with it. This club has backbone, I can't see them whinging or complaining about their lot.

bingo70
04-01-2014, 12:40 PM
They don't like it up 'em Bob, that's for sure.

At least in this tough time they've not reverted to making excuses and I enjoyed reading lockes apology to the ref for incorrectly accusing him of getting it wrong.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-01-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm a bit worried. Bus drivers don't have the same smile these days, and carpet fitters don't have the same swagger.

Whatever happened to those carefree days of the summer when the Yams were glorious, and their pride was known from Balgreen to Bulgaria?

It's like the lights are going out all over, and they won't come back on in our lifetime.

Hearts powers have diminished in proportion to the lack of bold moustaches being sported by their supporters these days.

Wee fat Robbo has even conceded on Sportsound there that ER is a much more atmospheric arena than their decrepit old sheethole.....

I think they have chucked it. Whatever happened to the Dunkirk spirit?

Diclonius
04-01-2014, 01:58 PM

CRAZYHIBBY
04-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Im really enjoying their misfortunes and they deserve every last bit of it.MR Romanov has really given us some good laughs over the years and now that he's gone im laughing even harder at the mess he's left behind.....if their fans weren't so arrogant and pig headed then I'd feel slightly sorry for them.

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Yes, 1-5 was hard to take, (especially in the light of financial doping/Thomson cheating) but we aren't half getting some payback now!

And I suspect it's going to last years.

hibby rae
04-01-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm sure they'll do what they've always done and put their best foot forward and with stoic determination, simply get on with it. This club has backbone, I can't see them whinging or complaining about their lot.

Such a dignified bunch, it really does make you proud. Anyone fancy a trip to Bulgaria?

ancient hibee
04-01-2014, 03:29 PM
It'll be very worrying if World War 3 breaks out and they aren't here to defend us.

Anybody see Stevie Clarke and Malky McKay in the stand on Thursday??????????????

Me neither.

--------
04-01-2014, 03:37 PM
I think HibbiesandtheBaddies must be right - it's a well-known fact that sporting prowess increases or decreases in direct proportion to the splendour and proximity of the facial hair sprouted by both supporters and players. This is known as Facial Hirsuteness Psychopathy Syndrome, and is particularly prevalent among Australian fast bowlers. For example, Dennis Lillee, Merv Hughes, and Mitchell Johnson have all suffered from the ailment. (Well the opposing batsmen have.)

The most famous case of Facial Hirsuteness Psychopathy Syndrome in Scotland occurred in Dundee towards the late spring of 1986.

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/89/623x349/89546-hearts-fans-look-on-in-anguish-as-dundee-celebrate-albert-kidds-goal.jpg

The disastrous effects actually reached the west end of Edinburgh, while outbreaks of hysterical laughter, singing, and general merriment were detected as far east as Portobello and even East Lothian.

The "sufferer", one Albert Kidd, is the mustachioed player in the dark shirt in the centre of the picture.

Aldo
04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
I think HibbiesandtheBaddies must be right - it's a well-known fact that sporting prowess increases or decreases in direct proportion to the splendour and proximity of the facial hair sprouted by both supporters and players. This is known as Facial Hirsuteness Psychopathy Syndrome, and is particularly prevalent among Australian fast bowlers. For example, Dennis Lillee, Merv Hughes, and Mitchell Johnson have all suffered from the ailment. (Well the opposing batsmen have.) The most famous case of Facial Hirsuteness Psychopathy Syndrome in Scotland occurred in Dundee towards the late spring of 1986. The disastrous effects actually reached the west end of Edinburgh, while outbreaks of hysterical laughter, singing, and general merriment were detected as far east as Portobello and even East Lothian. The "sufferer", one Albert Kidd, is the mustachioed player in the dark shirt in the centre of the picture.

Ha ha. That's quality Doddie.

Nando™
04-01-2014, 04:03 PM
I'll tell you what's up with Hearts..

The game.

Up the pole.

SanFranHibs
04-01-2014, 04:32 PM
What's up with the Hearts these days?

Well, just about everything except their average IQ and points total really.

Of course I could be confusing their average IQ and points total. Oh no, I have it right. Partick's average IQ musat be a lot higher than 17 above Hearts.

:greengrin

alnewhaven
04-01-2014, 05:33 PM
They seem to have been off colour a tad recently.

Havent they always been off colour? Neither red, purple ...but something neither one nor t'other.

snooky
04-01-2014, 06:19 PM

Diagnostic machine print out said ...

"Too rich a mixture in carburettor for too long causes engine to race and eventually use up all fuel in petrol tank.
If no opportunity to fill empty tank then the engine will eventually splutter and die" - simples

Some freewheeling and/or off-loading excess weight well get them a few extra miles though.

GreenLake
05-01-2014, 03:05 AM

They are unable to sleep at home being surrounded by millions of roosting chickens.

gringojoe
05-01-2014, 08:57 AM

Piston broke.