PDA

View Full Version : Ins and out this month - what you'd like to see

Unseen work
03-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Would like to a couple of positions added to, for me;

Left back- mcgivern has been poor for a while defensively and distribution so would like to see another left back added

Winger - either left or right with some real pace or skill to get past a man and create something out of nothing

Striker - a guy you can rely on to score most games and again get something out of nothing

I think we will see a lot of departures from the squad including vine, taiwo, Thomson, Clancy with possible caldwell going out on loan. Would be a shame to see taiwo and Thomson going as I think thomson is a really good player and would walk in most teams and taiwo is a very good squad player.

I would like to see us bring through the youngsters more again, Forster for me has made the right back his own and looks brilliant there. Cummings looks like he could be a great player and is getting chances and hopefully gets more composed the more he plays. Handling and Stanton are both players I really rate and would like to see introduced more than 5-10 mins at the end. Also hope we keep mullen as I think it was a bit unfair what fenlon done and there is a player in there!

Very exciting times for me under butcher :D

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 06:48 PM

Left back- mcgivern has been poor for a while defensively and distribution so would like to see another left back added

Winger - either left or right with some real pace or skill to get past a man and create something out of nothing

Striker - a guy you can rely on to score most games and again get something out of nothing

I think we will see a lot of departures from the squad including vine, taiwo, Thomson, Clancy with possible caldwell going out on loan. Would be a shame to see taiwo and Thomson going as I think thomson is a really good player and would walk in most teams and taiwo is a very good squad player.

I would like to see us bring through the youngsters more again, Forster for me has made the right back his own and looks brilliant there. Cummings looks like he could be a great player and is getting chances and hopefully gets more composed the more he plays. Handling and Stanton are both players I really rate and would like to see introduced more than 5-10 mins at the end. Also hope we keep mullen as I think it was a bit unfair what fenlon done and there is a player in there!

Very exciting times for me under butcher :D With Taiwo and Thomson going that would only leave Jones as Cover for CM? Clancy and Vine definitely and good shout re: Caldwell going on loan. A loan would be good for him. We need a RB for cover for Forster. I think his main priority (as he hinted to in his post match interview) was getting a creative attacking player in. I think he will sign a CF and creative midfielder first and foremost and then either a LW or RW bearing in mind Harris will be back soon. His pace and willingness to burn past players is something we miss at present and TB likes to attack quickly and with pace. I agree, very exciting times. Any big clearout will be in the summer.

Elephant Stone
03-01-2014, 06:55 PM
If we're loaning out youngsters I'd rather it was Handling than Caldwell. Caldwell's winner at Tiny was pretty exceptional, I think he has more to offer at the moment.

Unseen work
03-01-2014, 07:01 PM
True it might leave us a bit thin in the middle getting rid of both, think he quite likes the look of Stanton who can play there too, also Stevenson can play central.

Caldwell a goal was good but he can't still be living off that goal, he's done nothing since IMO. Handling has had a couple good spells in the team and has shown he's a good player, just needs to work in consistency imo

Hermit Crab
03-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Jamie walker in.

Aldo
03-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Jamie walker in.

Not for me tbh. Did nowt last nite to say he was any better than we currently have.

Vault Boy
03-01-2014, 07:15 PM
I think McGivern's performances have been better under Butcher, we have seen what he can do previously and he is young enough to still improve immensely. I'm confident with McGivern as our regular LB and Stevenson provides us with some very capable cover, which could be even more useful once we add the winger that we quite desperately need, as we are currently short of wide players (I'm sure all know that).

Both Cairney and Lewis have also improved an incredible amount in Butcher's short tenure, and because of this, I think only one winger/attacking midfielder with the speed and skill needed to beat their opponent is really needed in this window, 2 would be great, but not necessary, which is a good thing. The wingers' recent performances decreases the level of expectation put onto Harris to return to his best rapidly, hopefully allowing an easier return to first team football for him.

I'd like to see Vine and Clancy let go too, and that looks to be the way it's going, that would open up the possibility for a new senior RB to push Forster for his position and provide cover, as well as some wages for the poacher that we will more than likely look to sign. I like Collins and Heffernan and I feel the best is yet to come from both (for a number of reasons) and Cummings also looks a very good prospect, but we are definitely lacking someone of Sparky's ilk, not necessarily his quality, but a player who is capable of scoring from range and of creating their own bit of magic up front, an out and out goal scorer.

So in short, an enterprising winger is a necessity, as is a goal poacher with the ability to get something from nothing, a right back would be good for the squad and a second attacking midfielder would be nice but only if the budget allows for the right player to be signed.

(All IMO :wink:)

weonlywon6-2
03-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Jamie walker in.

Please no

Hermit Crab
03-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Please no

Why not. I rate him to be honest.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Not for me tbh. Did nowt last nite to say he was any better than we currently have.

I felt he was their best player by a country mile. Pace, trickery but there is the ugly side of simulation.

Aldo
03-01-2014, 07:36 PM
I felt he was their best player by a country mile. Pace, trickery but there is the ugly side of simulation.

I cannot remember once when he took his man on or got a cross in.

Lewis and Cairney were far superior and we still have Harris to return.

shamo9
03-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I agree with the OP, although if we could only get two in then a winger and striker would be priority for me. I'd also like to see more of Stanton and obviously Harris when he comes back because I believe they can both offer us the energy and directness we could really use in the squad. I have hopes that long term Butcher will be able to nurture Callum Booth and turn him into the marauding left back we all thought he could be.

MyJo
03-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Out: Clancy, Thomson, Taiwo, Vine, Caldwell (loan) Stanton (loan)

In: Claros, cover for full-backs (shinnie?), pacy winger and another striker.

iwasthere1972
03-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Out: Mince Pies

In: Vegetarian Sausage Rolls.

E10 Rifle
03-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Left back cover for sure, someone who can get down the outside and support Stevenson. We need an additional striker for off-the-bench impact and a similar one wide right. Personally I'd keep Thomson (experienced cover for Craig and Robertson) and beyond that I'd say stick with the core of what we have and build that spirit further.

LioNeilMessi
03-01-2014, 08:13 PM

Very exciting times for me under butcher :D

Bit confused, do you want youngsters given a go in the highlighted positions or do you want new players in? A new winger could push Sam Stanton further back in the pecking order and a new striker will mean we have three forwards before adding Cummings, Handling and Caldwell into the mix.

Fergus52
03-01-2014, 08:20 PM
I think McGivern's performances have been better under Butcher, we have seen what he can do previously and he is young enough to still improve immensely. I'm confident with McGivern as our regular LB and Stevenson provides us with some very capable cover, which could be even more useful once we add the winger that we quite desperately need, as we are currently short of wide players (I'm sure all know that).

Both Cairney and Lewis have also improved an incredible amount in Butcher's short tenure, and because of this, I think only one winger/attacking midfielder with the speed and skill needed to beat their opponent is really needed in this window, 2 would be great, but not necessary, which is a good thing. The wingers' recent performances decreases the level of expectation put onto Harris to return to his best rapidly, hopefully allowing an easier return to first team football for him.

I'd like to see Vine and Clancy let go too, and that looks to be the way it's going, that would open up the possibility for a new senior RB to push Forster for his position and provide cover, as well as some wages for the poacher that we will more than likely look to sign. I like Collins and Heffernan and I feel the best is yet to come from both (for a number of reasons) and Cummings also looks a very good prospect, but we are definitely lacking someone of Sparky's ilk, not necessarily his quality, but a player who is capable of scoring from range and of creating their own bit of magic up front, an out and out goal scorer.

So in short, an enterprising winger is a necessity, as is a goal poacher with the ability to get something from nothing, a right back would be good for the squad and a second attacking midfielder would be nice but only if the budget allows for the right player to be signed.

(All IMO :wink:)

pretty much my thoughts to :agree:

Ronniekirk
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Out: Clancy, Thomson, Taiwo, Vine, Caldwell (loan) Stanton (loan)

In: Claros, cover for full-backs (shinnie?), pacy winger and another striker.
Not sure about Claris coming back and would keep Stanton and start giving him more game time from the bench

ScottB
03-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Not sure we will go for a striker to be honest. We currently have 5 on the books, so unless at least 2 of the youngsters are heading out on loan, I can't see it. Collins is starting to come good, and Hef is just back.

What we do need is a creative midfielder, a winger and a left back. McGivern is too inconsistent to be a stick on every week and I'd rather not pull Lewis away from where he's doing well, so some competition for him would be great.

But getting Harris and Hef back will be like new signings anyway.

Aldo
03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Not sure we will go for a striker to be honest. We currently have 5 on the books, so unless at least 2 of the youngsters are heading out on loan, I can't see it. Collins is starting to come good, and Hef is just back. What we do need is a creative midfielder, a winger and a left back. McGivern is too inconsistent to be a stick on every week and I'd rather not pull Lewis away from where he's doing well, so some competition for him would be great. But getting Harris and Hef back will be like new signings anyway.

Think you'll find Vine will be looking for 1st team football elsewhere this window.

Ronniekirk
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Bit confused, do you want youngsters given a go in the highlighted positions or do you want new players in? A new winger could push Sam Stanton further back in the pecking order and a new striker will mean we have three forwards before adding Cummings, Handling and Caldwell into the mix.
Cummings has forced is in way in so suggests Caldwell won't be kept on and if handling can't recapture Ross county form consistently Cummings will stay above him in pecking order Heffs ability to make the ball stick and his awareness are exceptional so we need to make the most of his ability as he will score more than Collins if given a run . so if he brings in another striker Caldwell and Handling are the losers I think

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I don't think we need many signings. Maybury is more than adequate cover at RB if Forster keeps up his great form and there is always Mullen who could find a bit of form under a new manager you never know. I think we need a creative player, that can play centrally or on the wing and possibly a Left back to give McGivern a bit of a challenge to keep his place as right now I don't really feel he has enough competition and that's perhaps why his performances have probably not been as good.

Other than that, release a few players, keep Thomson or Taiwo as cover as well as OTJ. Think that would do me.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Think you'll find Vine will be looking for 1st team football elsewhere this window.

Possibly Caldwell??

Hermit Crab
03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't think we need many signings. Maybury is more than adequate cover at RB if Forster keeps up his great form and there is always Mullen who could find a bit of form under a new manager you never know. I think we need a creative player, that can play centrally or on the wing and possibly a Left back to give McGivern a bit of a challenge to keep his place as right now I don't really feel he has enough competition and that's perhaps why his performances have probably not been as good.

Other than that, release a few players, keep Thomson or Taiwo as cover as well as OTJ. Think that would do me.

I think mayburys days as a player are numbered and Mullen is out of contract in the summer anyway.

Aldo
03-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Possibly Caldwell??

Caldwell on loan possibly. I think we will see a creative type midfielder, maybe a winger and a fullback

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Caldwell on loan possibly. I think we will see a creative type midfielder, maybe a winger and a fullback

Problem with Caldwell going out on loan is that his contract is up at the end of the season. Would surely pretty much mean the end of his Hibs career unless he highly impresses out on loan?

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I think mayburys days as a player are numbered and Mullen is out of contract in the summer anyway.

Can always play Lewis Stevenson at RB :duck:

Aldo
03-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Can always play Lewis Stevenson at RB :duck:

Tsk tsk :-D

Paperboy
03-01-2014, 08:45 PM
I'd sign Blair Spittal from queens Park but loan him back for the rest of the season. Great winger.

I'd also go for Rory McAllister and Marc Mcnulty but again loan McNulty back to Livi for the rest of the season.

Ronniekirk
03-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Am sure he has been told find a new club but who would take him .If you won him in a raffle you would hand the prize back so someone else could get him Maybe hear7s should be punished further by being allowed to have one experienced player to add to the squad and vine would be it

ScottB
03-01-2014, 08:47 PM

To be honest I'd forgotten him!

The 5 I meant were Collins, Hef, Cummings, Handling and Caldwell. I'd think to bring in another striker we'd need to send Handling and / or Caldwell out on loan.

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Tsk tsk :-D
:cb

Aldo
03-01-2014, 08:49 PM
To be honest I'd forgotten him! The 5 I meant were Collins, Hef, Cummings, Handling and Caldwell. I'd think to bring in another striker we'd need to send Handling and / or Caldwell out on loan.

Butcher likes Handling so I can see it being Caldwell. You never know though.

As for Vine a total and utter waste of a wage IMHO.

londonhibby
03-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Out: Mince Pies

In: Vegetarian Sausage Rolls.

And anything Quorn ..:agree: :greengrin.

Brightside
03-01-2014, 09:00 PM
We need a new LB - McGivern gives me grey hair. and a winger who can actually run past players. If we have anything left an attacking midfielder Num10. Clancy, Taiwo, Thomson and Vine will be away. We also have David Gold back from loan and don't be surprised if he gets into the full team soon.

Bostonhibby
03-01-2014, 09:23 PM
In Jorge Claros, McGivern rested then put into the reprogramming machine Lewis went through, in every other respect in Butcher I trust, first time in a long time where I can sit back and relax not thinking I can do better than the manager.

shetlandhibee
03-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Out-
Tim Clancy
Tom Tawio
Kevin Thomson
Rowan Vine
Mullen

In-
Grahame Shinnie
Stefen Scougall
(new striker)

-----------------------------------Williams-----------------------------------

Foster-------------Hanlon----------Nelson----------Shinnie/McGivern

Cairney/Harris-----Craig------Robertson/Scougall-------Stevenson

Collins(new striker that is strongish and score goal)--Heffernan

3pm
03-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Send Zoubir back.

hfc rd
04-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Out:-
Rowan Vine
Tom Taiwo
Kevin Thomson
Tim Clancy
Caldwell (loan)

In:-
Creative Midfielder
Fast and skillfull winger or 2
Goalscorer

bob12345
04-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Problem with Caldwell going out on loan is that his contract is up at the end of the season. Would surely pretty much mean the end of his Hibs career unless he highly impresses out on loan?

Would it not tell us more if he was to go away and score 10 goals in the league below as opposed to having a dozen sub appearances for us, getting 10-15 minute cameos?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Humo
04-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Gk - Williams - extend his stay cover Sean Murdoch

RB - Main Forster cover Mullen? Clancy can leave & Maybury will probably hang up his boots soon but wouldn't mind him as a coach but that's hard to judge for a fan
CB - Main Hanlon, Nelson cover Forster McPake can leave
LB - Main McGivern cover Stevenson

LM Main Stevenson cover Need one Don't really see the point in zoubirs loan as i think he is still developing and would rather have a good one not a work in progress
CM Main Roberston, Craig cover Thomson. OTJ and Taio can leave as we also have a few good youth prospects who play there
RM Main Cairney cover Need one

CF Main Heff & Collins cover Handling/ Cummings Vine can gtf and Caldwell loan?

Would like to see a RB cover LB cover, a good winger (either side really as we have Harris back soon) and striker as I dont want to rely too heavily on the younger players as it adds too much pressure to them having said that i would still like to see them get at least 25-30mins.

.Sean.
04-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Kris Boyd.

Please please please.

GreenLake
04-01-2014, 03:22 AM
I would like to see Butcher use his powerful persuasion to bring in a world cup star in the twilight of their career. A player that could stroke the ball about acting as a key pivot in a fast attacking formation. It would be nice to see the Edinburgh team playing in European games filling our lovely EUFA compliant stadium to capacity all the time. World cup players, European Games, Modern Stadium. :greengrin

edinburghhibee
04-01-2014, 03:38 AM
Id like any of this lot:

Johnston from killie
Boyd from killie
Dorans from ICT
pepper from ICT