PDA

View Full Version : Last Night's Ref

Sergey
03-01-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't think I've seen this guy referee a match before, but for a Cat A match, a local derby in front of 20k, I thought he had a really decent match and probably called every decision spot-on.

I know ref's more often come in for criticism (sometimes deservedly) but an unbiased :top marksfrom me to last night's official.

Fife-Hibee
03-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't think I've seen this guy referee a match before, but for a Cat A match, a local derby in front of 20k, I thought he had a really decent match and probably called every decision spot-on.

I know ref's more often come in for criticism (sometimes deservedly) but an unbiased :top marksfrom me to last night's official.

Totally agree mate 10/10

Hibs Class
03-01-2014, 04:46 PM
A surprisingly high number of kickbackers agree with you!

weonlywon6-2
03-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Made a bad call when heff was through at the end

Sir David Gray
03-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Made a bad call when heff was through at the end

:agree: Thought that should have been a sending off, if it's the same incident I'm thinking about.

Heffernan was through.

S.sct
03-01-2014, 09:23 PM
:agree: Thought that should have been a sending off, if it's the same incident I'm thinking about.

Heffernan was through.

Watch it again. Cairney takes hamil out when falling who in turn takes out Heff. Couldn't understand the decision at the match but correct decision when watching it back. The guy had a very good game

lord bunberry
03-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Apparently he's awarded 4 penalties against the charity thieves this season and sent off hamill for being hit with the ball, he's really starting to become my favourite ref.

Aldo
03-01-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't think I've seen this guy referee a match before, but for a Cat A match, a local derby in front of 20k, I thought he had a really decent match and probably called every decision spot-on. I know ref's more often come in for criticism (sometimes deservedly) but an unbiased :top marksfrom me to last night's official.

Couldn't agree more and Sergey your comments will go down well on Brokeback..... Like a lead balloon mate. ;-)

MurrayfieldHibs
03-01-2014, 09:42 PM

Absolutely agree. He seemed to get all the big decisions right. Commentators on BBC, SKY and in the press (apart from p r i c k s like BAnderson) agreed that he called them right.

MyJo
03-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Watch it again. Cairney takes hamil out when falling who in turn takes out Heff. Couldn't understand the decision at the match but correct decision when watching it back. The guy had a very good game

Dont think it was that incident they were meaning, i think its the one where heffernan was played through and was wrestling with the defender trying to get to the ball and the bawbag yanked him down the edge of the box but the ref waived play-on.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2014, 09:55 PM
He had a good game but was too lenient on them. As has been said no foul when heffernan was clean through and how they ended up with 11 men I'll never know. The number 16 was given a warning, a yellow card then a final final warning.

S.sct
03-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Dont think it was that incident they were meaning, i think its the one where heffernan was played through and was wrestling with the defender trying to get to the ball and the bawbag yanked him down the edge of the box but the ref waived play-on.

Yip it was, check it out again.

S.sct
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM

Oh wait take your point, got it now.

matty_f
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
He had a good game but was too lenient on them. As has been said no foul when heffernan was clean through and how they ended up with 11 men I'll never know. The number 16 was given a warning, a yellow card then a final final warning.

:agree: Good summary.

lEXO
04-01-2014, 12:05 AM

Spot on. He tried to let the game flow as much as possible, booked those who deserved it and could have booked more but tried to be sensible. He succeeded. Got all the major decisions right. A nice change to get a decent ref