PDA

View Full Version : 23 shots on goal in 1 game

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Proabably more in the game last night than in all of Fenlons games combined this season (and with the same players!!!!!)

matty_f
03-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Probably the most since we last played them to be fair. We were fantastic that night up until they scored.

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Probably the most since we last played them to be fair. We were fantastic that night up until they scored. We were fantastic for the first 30 minutes, the remainder of the game we were utter rubbish. Heads straight down after they scored. Not last night, quiet 5 mins then straight on the attack. If that was Fenlon last night 1-1 or 2-1 hearts.

GreenCastle
03-01-2014, 04:14 PM
We should have scored so many more last night...watch the game again.

Cummings 1st half - shot that went wide.
Cummings header saved in 1st half.
Forster header onto bar.
Stevenson miss hit shot (lay off from Collins) - 2nd half
Heff header just past post
Collins shot pass the post
Heff turn and shot last minute.

That's just off the top of my head.

Williams had one save in 1st half but that was about it and some routine corners to deal with etc also.

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 04:16 PM

Forster header onto bar.

Williams had one save in 1st half but that was about it and some routine corners to deal with etc also. Cairney should have done far better when he blasted instead of placing it.

GreenCastle
03-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Collins header on 79 mins also - should have at least hit the target.

wookie70
03-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Heff turn and shot with a couple of minutes left
Robertson diving header

03-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Fenlons team would have bottled it after they scored the equaliser IMO. Butchers team looked far more determined to go on and win it. Collins should have wrapped it up near the end and Heffernan had a good shot aswell that just missed to make it 3-1

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Fenlons team would have bottled it after they scored the equaliser IMO. Butchers team looked far more determined to go on and win it. Collins should have wrapped it up near the end and Heffernan had a good shot aswell that just missed to make it 3-1 correct, 100% fenlon guarantee.

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Fenlons gone, can we stop with all the comparisons?

03-01-2014, 04:33 PM

I agree, i like fenlon so i wasnt tryna have a pop at him but it's just nice to see how the team has improved and how butcher seems to have pumped new spirit and desire into the team which was proven last night.

GreenCastle
03-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Also I believe we will get better and with more composed finishing we would have scored more.

That was there cup final last night and even the chat on kickback congratulating the yams team for their effort shows where they are right now. Can't see them playing better than they did last night.

Hopefully more misery for them when we visit the PBS when they are down or close to being down.

hibee_girl
03-01-2014, 04:39 PM

:agree:

It's getting tedious now.

GreenLake
03-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Hearts only fouled twice as much as us last night which seems quite low for the dirty *****.

03-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Hearts only fouled twice as much as us last night which seems quite low for the dirty *****.

They as usual were set up to hack us but a lot of the time they couldn't touch us Hense why lower than usual I guess.

Libby Hibby
03-01-2014, 04:48 PM

Forster header onto bar.
Heff turn and shot last minute.

Williams had one save in 1st half but that was about it and some routine corners to deal with etc also.

Cummings - Sclaff after good work from Collins 1st half
Robertson - diving header 2nd half

Really was nervous (don't know why) throughout the whole game at ER but after watching the game in full this morning, we absolutely gave them a tanking, live on telly and in a full ER. Words cannot explain how delighted I feel today.

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 04:55 PM
:agree:

It's getting tedious now. its a fair comparison though, not just to slate Fenlon. Both matches against hearts under 2 different managers. Both at 0-0 with hibs dominating.

Pete
03-01-2014, 04:56 PM
One negative....In general, we really need to work on our finishing.

It's dreadful at times.:duck:

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 05:00 PM
One negative....In general, we really need to work on our finishing.

It's dreadful at times.:duck: Robertson needs to start hitting the target at least. His shot from the quick corner was very poor. Clever corner as they would have been expecting another pinging corner. Craig and Cairney delivered great balls into the bank from set pieces. TB will bring in a forward and a winger. Maybe another full back too (RB) as cover if Clancy leaves.

SanFranHibs
03-01-2014, 05:08 PM

Let's get off the Fenlon bashing! We could go on and on about the negativity that has enveloped Hibs the past few years, not just Fenlon. He done his best and it was not good enough.

A new management team with a new football approach and philosophy. Let's just keep looking forward to better days for Hibs.

Let's just get on, enjoy the ride and do our bit when we can.

GGTTH

:flag:

HiBremian
03-01-2014, 05:45 PM
I believe someone on the steam wireless said last night that every outfield Hibs player had had a shot on goal in the first half. :applause:

silverhibee
03-01-2014, 06:17 PM

Yep.

Lets just agree he was out his depth and his football was dire to watch.

weonlywon6-2
03-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Proabably more in the game last night than in all of Fenlons games combined this season (and with the same players!!!!!)

Im still suffering from shock over this figure !

weonlywon6-2
03-01-2014, 06:29 PM

Im still suffering from shock over this figure !

Stax
03-01-2014, 07:42 PM
I believe someone on the steam wireless said last night that every outfield Hibs player had had a shot on goal in the first half. :applause:
:agree: Said so today in the sun so must be true.

Andy74
03-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I agree, i like fenlon so i wasnt tryna have a pop at him but it's just nice to see how the team has improved and how butcher seems to have pumped new spirit and desire into the team which was proven last night.

More shots but their keeper had less to do than the last time we played them. Right result though but it was just about in as much doubt as the last couple of games.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2014, 10:28 PM
More shots but their keeper had less to do than the last time we played them. Right result though but it was just about in as much doubt as the last couple of games.

We had an outstanding first 25-30 minutes in the cup game but after they scored, we were garbage and pretty much stopped playing.

Last night our pressure was a lot more sustained and we kept it going for the majority of the game.

I'm just glad to see a Hibs side that isn't afraid to shoot. I'm sure the goals will follow if we continue to be as attack minded as we were last night, on a regular basis.