PDA

View Full Version : Well done Scott Robertson

GreenCastle
03-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Haven't seen another thread for Scott but having been at the game last night and watched it again he really does put in an excellent shift.

What a difference when we have 2 central midfielders working hard in the middle to go forward and get back.

Hopefully he can add a few more goals to his game but seems a decent understanding and partnership with Craig has been formed.

Any word why he went off ? Cramp or muscle injury? When OTJ came on you could see the different balance in the middle with Craig.

RickyS
03-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Haven't seen another thread for Scott but having been at the game last night and watched it again he really does put in an excellent shift.

What a difference when we have 2 central midfielders working hard in the middle to go forward and get back.

Hopefully he can add a few more goals to his game but seems a decent understanding and partnership with Craig has been formed.

Any word why he went off ? Cramp or muscle injury? When OTJ came on you could see the different balance in the middle with Craig.

Cramp in both calf's he confirmed on twitter, I agree re Robertson, the work rate improvement in the majority of players is incredible. I wonder what Fenlon was thinking watching the game last night?

hibby rae
03-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Cramp in both calf's he confirmed on twitter, I agree re Robertson, the work rate improvement in the majority of players is incredible. I wonder what Fenlon was thinking watching the game last night?

If he was watching it I think he would have been delighted for the boys.

Steven_Hibs
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Though they didn't do too bad in the middle of the park, I still feel Butcher will strengthen there in Jan

RickyS

I dont mean he would be wanting us to get beat I mean would he be thinking, why would these guys not work like that for me?

Purehibee_MYB

:agree: Pat Fenlon hates the jambos as much as the rest of us I'm sure of it

hibby rae
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
I dont mean he would be wanting us to get beat I mean would he be thinking, why would these guys not work like that for me?

Yeah, I didn't take it that way. Terry's been at it a lot longer so knows how to utilise them better. Perhaps he'll have watched it and learnt quite a bit for wherever his next job takes him.

hibee_girl
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM

:agree:

Big Ed
03-01-2014, 02:59 PM

I've been banging on about his performance all day. Delighted for the guy: it looked like he was toast after being subbed in last season's SC semi.

col02
03-01-2014, 03:00 PM
The amount of 2nd balls the Hibs midfield pick up now due to the team getting the ball forward quicker is amazing. Add in the option of Harris or even Sam Stanton getting on the ball with these tactics and I can only see our shots at goal remaining high per game.

Squealing pig
03-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Was motm imo joint with stevenson and hanlon

GreenCastle
03-01-2014, 03:44 PM
While I am not one thinking Harris will be Messi when he returns - he will add another dimension with his raw speed.

What you are seeing now are our full backs getting forward more / up and down the pitch more plus our wide players run at defenders and cause problems - 2v1 situations.

With Fenlon it was often pass pass pass pass...with no end product or creativity and too slow - if we ran out of ideas it would be hoof.

Excited to see who Butcher brings in as we are a completely different team now with the balance and style of play compared to the start of the season.

Jamesie
03-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Robertson was MOTM for me. 110% for effort and did not shirk from any challenge. :thumbsup::top marks

Borderhibbie76
03-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Fast becoming my favourite player...he just seems to love being at hibs. ..always acknowledges the fans win lose or draw and even under fenlon this year he was a standout!! Delighted for him after difficult start last season

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Weststandwanab
03-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Fast becoming my favourite player...he just seems to love being at hibs. ..always acknowledges the fans win lose or draw and even under fenlon this year he was a standout!! Delighted for him after difficult start last season

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TapatalkI agree, gives his all every match, more of the same please Sir.

matty_f
03-01-2014, 11:18 PM
He was excellent, totally different player from last season.

monktonharp
03-01-2014, 11:21 PM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalkbest signing by Fenlon. can can be frustrating if not fully on form but his bad days are few and far between. I like the guy a lot.

--------
03-01-2014, 11:47 PM

:agree: Pat Fenlon hates the jambos as much as the rest of us I'm sure of it

To do justice to Pat Fenlon, he left Terry and Mo a much superior squad of players than he inherited from Calderwouldn't.

Robertson's just one example - Butcher isn't under anything like the pressure Pat was under, just to stay in the top league.

I'm grateful to Pat for all he did, and wish him well wherever he's managing next time out.

lucky
03-01-2014, 11:50 PM
He played well with great energy but when he went off OTJ won some good headers in our box when mutants actually got over the halfway line. It's good to see we have squad off players capable of doing a job

hfc rd
04-01-2014, 12:18 AM
He played well with great energy but when he went off OTJ won some good headers in our box when mutants actually got over the halfway line. It's good to see we have squad off players capable of doing a job

Agree with the above. Robertson was simply excellent throughout! Also OTJ did put in a shift as well when he came on. I think both TB & MM instructed him to just to sit and protect the back 4 so it could allow Craig to go and play in a more advanced attacking midfield role when we were pushing for the winner.