PDA

View Full Version : A Good Set Of Young Players? Not for me.

judas
03-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Not very impressed with this set of hearts players. When you consider the youngsters hibs had in the same team (Garry o, riordan, Whittaker, brown, Thomson, fletcher etc etc - you know the ones we had to sell to pay for bills and poppies). I'm not looking at hearts players thinking - there's a potential £1 to 4million player. I'm thinking, most of these guys are equipped for lower 1st division level.

I mean hearts put everything they could into defence last night against a team with scoring issues. Let's face it, on any other day, we would have scored 6 or 7 again.

I think that a striker will be high on butchers priority list.

SMAXXA
03-01-2014, 12:45 PM
The lad Tapping is one of the worst players out the lot he's utterly mince

JeMeSouviens
03-01-2014, 12:48 PM
The lad Tapping is one of the worst players out the lot he's utterly mince

Bet their right back's Mum is regretting letting him stay out late after he gave away the pen. :wink:

Callum_62
03-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Id take Walker, and possibly the centre half (Mckay?)

Not overly impressed by the rest -Smith done well for the goal but any other time ive seen him hes been quiet

Will say there defence threw themselves at everything last night....even poor Lewis... :wink:

SMAXXA
03-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Bet their right back's Mum is regretting letting him stay out late after he gave away the pen. :wink:

:greengrin

JohnStephens91
03-01-2014, 12:52 PM
A lot of their young players were at the latter end of their u20 career and most likely going to be dropping out of the game or going down a few levels, much like any youth academy team - only a few will make it. Through circumstances, of their own doing of course, they have been forced to play players like Jordan McGhee who is mince, Brad McKay who is just an immobile lump, Jamie Walker who likes a dive and does nothing of note in matches, Callum Tapping who was totally rank last night and these guys learn nothing if their experienced pros are Jamie Hamill aka Gollum's ballbag and Ryan DUI Stevenson.

They won't even reach 10 points this season. They'll go down with a worse points total than Gretna.

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 12:53 PM
That Smith's run for their goal was class tbf, didn't see much else from him though!

lucky
03-01-2014, 12:58 PM
It's a bit early too say they are all gash. I think the amount of game time they are getting will help them in the future. I'm not sure if many will go on to have international careers but McKay and Walker looked ok. Tappings was excellent when he played u18s but he is not strong enough or good enough to strut around the midfield in the premiership

3pm
03-01-2014, 01:01 PM
That Smith's run for their goal was class tbf, didn't see much else from him though!

Only managed to get that far as Robertson was injured.

cleanyman
03-01-2014, 01:06 PM
I thought they defended very well last night under a barrage of corners and great balls into the box.

It's a shame(If you're a Jambo that is) that they don't play like that every game.

ronaldo7
03-01-2014, 01:46 PM
I thought they defended very well last night under a barrage of corners and great balls into the box.

It's a shame(If you're a Jambo that is) that they don't play like that every game.
Aye, with 10 players in the 6 yard box