PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Madden

Spooky
03-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Credit where credit is due.

We often slate ref's on this board, but I thought he had a great game last night.

Quiet first half for him, but made some important (big) decisions (and correct ones) in the second half.

Many,, many refs over the years would not have given us that penalty - even though it was a stonewaller.

Thought he might have sent off (last man) or at least booked the Hearts player for the rugby tackle near the end (can't remember who it was on) - but maybe used a bit discretion as the game was nearly over.

Anyway, well done to the ref.

Onion
03-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Credit where credit is due.

We often slate ref's on this board, but I thought he had a great game last night.

Quiet first half for him, but made some important (big) decisions (and correct ones) in the second half.

Many,, many refs over the years would not have given us that penalty - even though it was a stonewaller.

Thought he might have sent off (last man) or at least booked the Hearts player for the rugby tackle near the end (can't remember who it was on) - but maybe used a bit discretion as the game was nearly over.

Anyway, well done to the ref.

Wouldn't have agreed with that after the first half. Thought he let far too much Yam thuggery go and allowed them to moan/timewaste their way through the 45. But the main thing for any ref is getting the BIG decisions right, which he did - so credit for that.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Hmm. Not sure. Certainly his West stand "assistant" missed plenty in front of his neb.

SeanWilson
03-01-2014, 08:30 AM
I think it's mental how many people are influenced by the commentators. ... was at the game and thought he was pretty poor, came home watched it again and all I could hear from commentary was madden having a superb performance because hearts really should have had a couple more players booked by now etc... how is that good reffing!?

allezsauzee
03-01-2014, 08:30 AM
I didn't think he had a great game but then if Thomson had been in charge we wouldn't have got the penalty, Lewis would have been booked for allowing his leg to be taken away from him and they would have got a 'made up' penalty. No the Walker dive though...even Thomson would have struggled to give that!

I'm_cabbaged
03-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Really? I thought he was brutal, what about when heff was through near the end but he gave hertz the foul. Should of had a penalty at Nil nil when the yam actually made a diving save from a Collins shot, the list could go on and on

SeanWilson
03-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Really? I thought he was brutal, what about when heff was through near the end but he gave hertz the foul. Should of had a penalty at Nil nil when the yam actually made a diving save from a Collins shot, the list could go on and on

Exactly.

Spooky
03-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Oh well......opinions, eh! :wink:

Borderhibbie76
03-01-2014, 08:38 AM
I thought he was poor...got the 2 big decisions right in 2nd half but that apart he was poor...how the #### was Hamill aka Gollam never booked...must have got away with about 30 fouls in the 90 mins. ..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TRC
03-01-2014, 08:43 AM
anyone else notice Forster acting like an old pro when he'd been fouled a couple of times going to the ref and telling him showing where the fouls were commited! though I'm not into players trying to get others booked but did have a little chuckle at it!

WestEndHibee
03-01-2014, 08:55 AM
I agree with the OP. That's the smoothest I've seen an sp(f)l game go. I obviously thought that there should have been a few more cards handed out but once you start dishing them out then any little foul gets one, the game gets broken up, we get slowed down. I think the game was helped a lot by Madden,