PDA

View Full Version : I will miss them

Septimus
03-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Somehow it seems a shame that at the time when the ascendancy of Hibs is again re-affirmed that Hearts should be allowed to dive for cover in a lower division. Their punishment is not over harsh but it seems a shame that we will have to hand over to lesser teams to inflict it.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Realistically, this could be the last time we see them at Easter Road for minimum 2 years

Pending we get top 6, they get relegated, the rangers get promoted this year and buy their way back into top flight and hearts come up the year after (not convinced Hearts will do this or make a play off spot)

A few ifs but all realistic

But seeing the behaviour of their puddle drinking fans (running on the pitch, union flags and general sectarianism, 5-1 hand gestures) and the conduct of their players and management (diving, off the ball fouls, match official confronting and general underhanded cheating)

Will I miss them? Will I heck

Diclonius
03-01-2014, 10:03 AM
I'll miss the derby.

Seeing them wallowing in the Championship for a couple of seasons will just about make up for it though.

PatHead
03-01-2014, 10:05 AM
I won't miss them one bit. Still think liquidation is a distinct possibility and we will never see them back at Easter Road.

SanFranHibs
03-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Somehow it seems a shame that at the time when the ascendancy of Hibs is again re-affirmed that Hearts should be allowed to dive for cover in a lower division. Their punishment is not over harsh but it seems a shame that we will have to hand over to lesser teams to inflict it.

In the ascendancy? Our 3rd derby win in 19. First in 3 this season.

However, we are certainly improving and their fortunes (pun intended) are falling.

I won't miss them and it might be a few years before they are back in the SPL. Unless they are allowed to resume paying wages that they can't afford.

I would say to hell with them but I have nothing against hell.

:flag:

Stuarty27
03-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I can think of 20,106 reasons why we will miss them.

Keith_M
03-01-2014, 10:14 AM
I realise this is the first win in 3 matches against them but I actually agree that we are at the 'beginning' of a period of ascendency over them. Butcher has already transformed the team beyond all recognition (all hail Petrie :wink:) so I can see this being the beginning of a good period for Hibs. With them having to now finally deal with the years of over-spending, we will be the top team in the capital for years to come.

An honest question(s) for anyone that would prefer to see them liquidated:

Did you enjoy the game/atmosphere/result last night? If so, why would you want to give that up?

SanFranHibs
03-01-2014, 10:23 AM
I realise this is the first win in 3 matches against them but I actually agree that we are at the 'beginning' of a period of ascendency over them. Butcher has already transformed the team beyond all recognition (all hail Petrie :wink:) so I can see this being the beginning of a good period for Hibs. With them having to now finally deal with the years of over-spending, we will be the top team in the capital for years to come.

An honest question(s) for anyone that would prefer to see them liquidated:

Did you enjoy the game/atmosphere/result last night? If so, why would you want to give that up?

If it had been thu usual state of affairs for the past few years, i.e. them 12 points or so above us it would have still been fun but like a couple of the 3 wins we have had in the past few years, meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

It is precisely becasue we were putting another nail in their coffin that makes this one so sweet. And why do you think it was a sell out last nigfht? Becasue we thought we had a chance of beating them as they fall through the trap door. If they had been above us like last season no chance of a sell out.

And I am not expecting them to disappear completely but they will be playing in a lower division for several years I think.

First time I have sworn on Hibs.net but **** them !

:flag:

Bostonhibby
03-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Nonsense, its not as if they will completely disappear. If they are liquidated they will pop up in a field somewhere or the council or HWU will find a way to help them. If they exit admin then they will be a wee team in the wee league for a couple of seasons at least.

So either way you will be able to see the maroon tops with Britains' most despised lender written across the front, wandering around Edinburgh in a trance, there will still be plenty of fund raising laughs to be had and cons to be worked along the way.

And then there's the stadium, the Lithuanian Criminal investigation, finding the missing shares, Retaining Locke and the golden generation because no one else will work for the money, Billy Brown (until his heid explodes), the money running out again.............McHattie......... I could go on.