PDA

View Full Version : Ex Hibs striker to Celtic (Fletcher) (merged)

scoopyboy
03-01-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm hearing this could be on the cards.

Not Sparky however, Fletch!!!!

Beefster
03-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Would be a great signing for them. Unfortunately.

Brooster
03-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Injury prone and one footed !!!!

I wonder how negotiations are going with the ex celtic striker about his return to Hibs?

matty_f
03-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Fantastic player, he'd be a cracking signing but I can't see why Sunderland would want to sell him, or that there wouldn't be other epl clubs interested.

brog
03-01-2014, 07:13 AM

Im sure they would be interested but can't see it happening. If Sunderland are daft enough to let Fletch go there will be interest from several English Premiership clubs, including I believe one major club. Celtc cannot compete, shame! :wink:

lucky
03-01-2014, 07:22 AM
No chance will Fletcher join them. Sunderland paid £12m for him and he did well last year for them. He's struggling after coming back from injury buts starts most weeks. He's far too expensive for them.

Ritchie
03-01-2014, 07:49 AM
was on talksport this morning. Poyet is willing to let him go.

Celtic and West Ham are interested.

Allant1981
03-01-2014, 07:51 AM
Fletcher will be on about 40k per week, there is no way celtic could pay him that

mjhibby
03-01-2014, 07:56 AM

Not a chance he is going there.if port is daft enough to let him go I think the likes of Swansea or queens park rangers could be where he goes.if Celtic want to sign him it will be around £10m which they won't spend.

3pm
03-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Injury prone and one footed !!!!

I wonder how negotiations are going with the ex celtic striker about his return to Hibs?

Go on then!!

scoopyboy
03-01-2014, 08:11 AM

I didn't realise that, certainly not where I got the info from.

One of the high up heid yins at my work told me first thing this morning, his laddie plays with St.Mirren youths and got it from a Celtic employee yesterday.

alan1875
03-01-2014, 08:19 AM
An on-form Fletcher could grace any EPL side... If he went to Celtic I'd be dissapointed. He'd be a victim of a ***** Sunderland team, as up until his injury was their only decent player. He'd be a great fit at Liverpool IMO.

Billy Whizz
03-01-2014, 08:24 AM
I think Hull are interested in him

TheFamous1875
03-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Hope he gets a great move along the lines of Swansea/Liverpool. I don't see what Poyet doesn't see in him. He should get snapped up by a Premier League club in a heartbeat.

It would be minging to see a player of his quality in the Scots Prem (especially in the wrong strip!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

heretoday
03-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Times I've seen Fletcher recently he's been seriously off his feed, missing chances he'd have buried at Hibs.

I suppose a move to Celtic would help as he'd not be up against much (yet).

SanFranHibs
03-01-2014, 08:35 AM
He deserves to be playing in the (English) Premiership. Far too good for Celtic. I can't understand why Sunderland would want to sell him, don't know if it's a financial issue, but I'm sure he'd have no problem getting a move to another Premiership team.

Only 4 points behind 4th bottom but still a negative move UNLESS they think they havce a better alternative arriving this month and need to free up his wage.

To hell with them....where's all the Hibee actvitiy?

:flag:

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I thought his next move would be an Everton or the like. Disappointed for him if he's left with Celtic as his choice.

Why is Poyet wanting rid? Is it cos he's a jinx - how many times has he been relegated now?

Heisenberg
03-01-2014, 09:15 AM

I can only think of that being Chris Killen, Deek or Kenny Miller. There's only one of them that I still think could cut it in the league.

Golden Bear
03-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I can only think of that being Chris Killen, Deek or Kenny Miller. There's only one of them that I still think could cut it in the league.

KM is attending Murray Park at present to receive remedial treatment following a recent op on his knee. He'll then be heading back to Vancouver to continue his career over there.

Or so said the man himself on last night's Sportscene however the smirk on Michael Stewart's face, (he was the other studio guest) suggests that this could be subject to change!

Scooter
03-01-2014, 11:36 AM
If fletcher picks celtic over the premiership then he will lose all respect I have for him. Not because it's celtic but no one should pick the spl over the EPL

J-C
03-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately Fletcher's track record re clubs aint too good since he left us, Burnley(relegated), Wolves(relegated) and Sunderland(near relegation) makes it look like he's a bit of a bogey. :wink::greengrin

Boyle89
03-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately Fletcher's track record re clubs aint too good since he left us, Burnley(relegated), Wolves(relegated) and Sunderland(near relegation) makes it look like he's a bit of a bogey. :wink::greengrin

Somebody said this to me a while back, difference is they were dead serious. I hope your not ;).
I think fletch could play for a top 6 club.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Would be a horrendous move for him and Sunderland! He was class for them before his injury. Poyet would be mad to sell him. I'm not convinced by Poyet at all tbh. He's defo too good for the SPFL at present. I'd hope the only time he graces our league again is to play for Hibs in 6 or 7 years time

jacomo
03-01-2014, 12:34 PM

Really? Surprised at that but maybe Fletch is getting a reputation as a bad luck omen. He's already been relegated twice!

s2hart
03-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I would be gutted if he went to the lesser greens, still think he can cut it at a decent size club in the EPL, maybe he wants to play champions league football and that could be his only hope!

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Would rather him than Sparky.

hibby rae
03-01-2014, 01:11 PM

But he's been top scorer with all of them. He could play well for better clubs than that no problem.

J-C
03-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Somebody said this to me a while back, difference is they were dead serious. I hope your not ;).
I think fletch could play for a top 6 club.

Dear god, since when did a wink and a smiley face not mean joking, people take things all too seriously at times

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 02:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25592644?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Scoops on the ball.

silverhibee
03-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Really? Surprised at that but maybe Fletch is getting a reputation as a bad luck omen. He's already been relegated twice!

Hope celtc get there man then. :greengrin

Iggy Pope
03-01-2014, 02:11 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25592644?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Scoops on the ball.

It is all over this mornings Daily Record.

Gmack7
03-01-2014, 02:16 PM
What % of the fee are we getting this time

cocopops1875
03-01-2014, 02:29 PM
I didn't realise that, certainly not where I got the info from.

One of the high up heid yins at my work told me first thing this morning, his laddie plays with St.Mirren youths and got it from a Celtic employee yesterday.
Also in the record today according to a link I seen last night

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM

I don't read the Daily Record :wink:

silverhibee
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Also in the record today according to a link I seen last night

celtc preparing a £6m bid for Steven Fletcher. DR

Boyle89
03-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Dear god, since when did a wink and a smiley face not mean joking, people take things all too seriously at times

Did you not see my winky face?

hibby rae
03-01-2014, 02:42 PM

Personally I prefer to use andrex. :greengrin

cleanyman
03-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Sunderland will not let him go for a mere 6 million after paying over double that 2 years ago.

J-C
03-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Did you not see my winky face?

Obviously not, just looked again and missed it sorry bud :wink::greengrin

snooky
03-01-2014, 04:57 PM

That being the case, let's hope that Celtc do sign him :wink:

An SPL with no OF or jams - wahey, haud me back! :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Poyet looking to cut loose the big earners as the Championship looms.

renato
03-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Would love to see Fletch in the Bundesliga, that would be a great move for him and for Scotland. Serious backwards step if he goes to Celtc, although I'm sure he'll be thinking the same himself...

rosco-hibee
04-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I expected to see a thread about this when i logged on...

Recent articles on the BBC website show that Neil Lennon has confirmed his interest in SF, and would be prepared to shell out £6m on him. Surely that won't be enough to seal a deal? Fletcher has shown that he's capable of being a success in the EPL, but something tells me that he probably wouldn't stick his nose up at going to the minks. They'll be able to offer decent wages, and signing for Celtic is guaranteed trophies (as much as i hate to say that).

I would hate to see SF playing for them against us, but most of all, he's a top Scottish international, and i'd much rather see the national team comprised of players who play world class opposition week in week out. Fletcher is one of the few who does this (when injury free). Apparently Hull are interested in him, where he could possibly team up with sh@.gger, and to be honest, there are worse places to move to (celtic).

Anyway, that was my 2 cents.

What do you guys think?

GGTTH :flag:

Beefster
04-01-2014, 05:09 PM
The thread has just dropped to page 2.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?276676-Ex-Hibs-striker-to-Celtic

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Hull have been doing pretty well this season and Steven Fletcher would be a great signing for the, hopefully he makes the smart decision and stays in England

brog
04-01-2014, 05:26 PM
More chance of them signing Norman Stanley than our Fletch!

Glory Lurker
04-01-2014, 05:30 PM
The Champions League might be an attraction, but surely going to Celtc would be a backwards step for SF at this point in his career?

Onceinawhile
04-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Fiver on celtic Getting relegated next year if this comes off!

MichelleHibs
04-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Hope he doesn't!! He's better than them!! Lets hope wages are a stumbling box... Rumoured to be in £63k a week at Sunderland... Broony their top paid player at £29k a week!! (Or so say the radio anyway!)

Jim44
04-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Hull have been doing pretty well this season and Steven Fletcher would be a great signing for the, hopefully he makes the smart decision and stays in England

Hull have also been linked to Samaras.

trev the hat
04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Hope he doesn't!! He's better than them!! Lets hope wages are a stumbling box... Rumoured to be in £63k a week at Sunderland... Broony their top paid player at £29k a week!! (Or so say the radio anyway!)

If your rumour on wages is correct then thankfully SF will be nowhere near the 2nd team to wear green.

heretoday
04-01-2014, 07:58 PM
More chance of them signing Norman Stanley than our Fletch!

Naffin' eck Godber!

Stax
04-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Honestly think he should be playing in a top six club in England. Gutted if he goes to Celtic or hull for that matter.

AK86
04-01-2014, 09:10 PM
It's all wind and pesh from Lennon.
the days of the smellies splashing 6 million on one player are well gone. He's appeasing the masses and buying himself an excuse.
they certainly don't need him just now. Why pay his wages for six months when they don't need him?

I think we will see Lennon trying to work his ticket out there shortly. His record on paper looks quite good, and it's really only downhill from here for him and The smellies. He is a sleakit wee scrote.

SanFranHibs
04-01-2014, 09:24 PM

I knew I should have stuck at it...as an agent of course !!!

Good on them.

weecounty hibby
04-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Just trying to sell season tickets. They are struggling to fill their cesspit every week without their twin ugly sister. No way they will sign SF.

The_Todd
04-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Just saw a rumour that Spurs are interested. Celtic have no chance .

TheFamous1875
04-01-2014, 10:52 PM

That's much more like it!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-01-2014, 12:25 AM
I've been saying Fletch should be with a Spurs, Liverpool or Everton for a while now. That type of club. We shouldn't even be reading his name linked with a club like Celtic!

AK86
05-01-2014, 02:15 AM
It's not fletch, it's sparky they are sniffing about.
just been having a few beers with an ex Hibby who is in touch with the wee mad goal machine.
he would love to play for hibs but the smellies are offering him 4 times before bonus what hibs could. It's all down to if wolves will let him go for 1 million.

TheFamous1875
05-01-2014, 02:31 AM
just been having a few beers with an ex Hibby who is in touch with the wee mad goal machine.
he would love to play for hibs but the smellies are offering him 4 times before bonus what hibs could. It's all down to if wolves will let him go for 1 million.

It shouldn't come down to money! "It's a short career" is the cliché that gets banded about, but you just want to shake them and say "it's a long life!". There's life after football!

We all know he'd love to play for us again - is there no way he can come to Hibs instead if we make a large offer? Not necessarily a million, but we could edge them as we're his team and he's worshiped by the fans and he'll also be home with his family. Can we afford to do that? We've just made a shed load from the derby, after all.

I think he'd score for even more fun than he did last season in Terry Butcher's Hibs team. We certainly would've scored more than two on Thursday if Sparky was on the park!

clerriehibs
05-01-2014, 08:48 AM

so celtc are tapping players? Isn't that against the rules?

AK86
05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
so celtc are tapping players? Isn't that against the rules?
Not if they contact him through the proper channels

lucky
05-01-2014, 09:14 AM
You can't blame sparky for wanting to maximize his earnings. £10k a week at the smellies on a 4 year deal will set him up for life. Unfortunately we just can't compete with the OF and big English clubs. Hopefully our new management team will unearth some other great players for us. Just can't see him back at Hibs in the near future

marinello59
05-01-2014, 09:33 AM
It shouldn't come down to money! "It's a short career" is the cliché that gets banded about, but you just want to shake them and say "it's a long life!". There's life after football!

We all know he'd love to play for us again - is there no way he can come to Hibs instead if we make a large offer? Not necessarily a million, but we could edge them as we're his team and he's worshiped by the fans and he'll also be home with his family. Can we afford to do that? We've just made a shed load from the derby, after all.

I think he'd score for even more fun than he did last season in Terry Butcher's Hibs team. We certainly would've scored more than two on Thursday if Sparky was on the park!

We can't afford him.

Heisenberg
05-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Sparky will tear up the scottish premiership if he signs for them. Not sure he's quite champions league level yet though.

easty
05-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Just saw on Sky Sports News that West Ham are after Rickie Lambert, £7m and a £70k a week contract! When theres money like that kicking about in the EPL why would Fletch come and play for Celtc?

brog
05-01-2014, 11:19 AM

"Im sure they would be interested but can't see it happening. If Sunderland are daft enough to let Fletch go there will be interest from several English Premiership clubs, including I believe one major club. Celtc cannot compete, shame! :wink: "

I posted the above on Friday & it was Spurs I was referring to. Interestingly enough I believe Spurs' best friends are now also monitoring the situation, they do like a left-footed striker!