PDA

View Full Version : roughly what cost for a broken seat?

Mister P
03-01-2014, 02:47 AM
think there was 200-300

more money they can ill afford to chuck away.

seven nowt
03-01-2014, 02:55 AM
think there was 200-300

Hooligan *******s digging their own grave.

Delighted with result. Should have been more but will take 2-1. Mon the Cabbage!!

monktonharp
03-01-2014, 03:14 AM
where you getting this figure? any pics yet? I'd just love it if true. obviously don't want to see damage to our stadium but if it's true, allied to the fan running on, the management after match performance, and the result then it really is a huge problem for them. for that, I'll laugh my heid off. BDO must be cringing and FoH will need to lock themselves in a private room for a couple of days, to plan how they can put a good front on things:wink:

spike220
03-01-2014, 03:50 AM
think there was 200-300

Fifty quid a pop I reckon, plus fitting 4 quid and then there is uncle Rod's handling fee (add 45%) then add VAT.

NOLA
03-01-2014, 04:33 AM
Money bdo didn't take into consideration lol plus they mutants are back at ER for the cup semi, more money for us, pleasing

Centre Hawf
03-01-2014, 04:33 AM
Thats no where near enough, give me 10 minutes i'm phoning the green brigade.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2014, 08:39 AM
think there was 200-300

Did you just pluck those figures out the sky?

QMU-1875
03-01-2014, 08:39 AM
There was plenty. ****.

Onion
03-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Hooligan *******s digging their own grave.

Delighted with result. Should have been more but will take 2-1. Mon the Cabbage!!

Are they not due to get beat at ER again in the Semi ?

Hibs should insist on an upfront security deposit for all damage. They're animals.

Keith_M
03-01-2014, 09:32 AM
£1,000 per seat seems fair to me.

I wonder if the Meejia will give this as much attention as they did to the Celtc fans wrecking Fir Park?

grunt
03-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Posted on HMFC official website, 31 December 2013:

Supporters are reminded that any damage caused at the stadium will be charged to Hearts, and that is an expense that the club simply cannot afford.

Hibbyradge
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
£70.62

aljo7-0
03-01-2014, 10:51 AM
£70.62
I see what you did there.

WindyMiller
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Did you just pluck those figures out the sky?

There was certainly 100+ "damaged" seats clearly visible from the East.

Jim44
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
£70.62

Maybe they'll get a 2 for 1 deal. :-)

Bobo
03-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Maybe they'll get a 2 for 1 deal. :-)

I wish they would just BOGOF for good :wink:

03-01-2014, 11:39 AM
There club is scrimping and scrounging every last penny they can simply to stay afloat and their fans go and do that, absolute morons.

Hope we fine them heavily.

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2014, 11:45 AM
At Petrie prices, to replace a seat in the south stand costs an average of £2,738. In the other stands the cost falls to around £40.

Unless it is semi finals, where South Stand prices apply across the stadium.

jonty
03-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Taking into account the age of the stand and the seats in question, identical replacements may no longer be available.
Sun-faded green is, I'm told, a difficult colour to reproduce.

New for old, across the entire stand.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Should also be charging for the cleaning of the toilets

SouthMoroccoStu
03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Calls into question yet again.

Despite the monetary reward, I am not happy with us letting them use Easter Road for their semi final

We should get a large security deposit before letting in

WindyMiller
03-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Calls into question yet again.

Despite the monetary reward, I am not happy with us letting them use Easter Road for their semi final

We should get a large security deposit before letting in

All costs will be deducted before the competing clubs get their share.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Should also be charging for the cleaning of the toilets

And, not from Hibs, but a nice fine from the SFA due to the conduct of their window licking fans

A victory on a lot of fronts

The Green Goblin
03-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Posted on HMFC official website, 31 December 2013:

It says it all that their concern about fans causing damage to another team's stadium is about the bill they will have to pay and not the club's reputation or wrongs of supporters behaving like that.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-01-2014, 12:08 PM
All costs will be deducted before the competing clubs get their share.

Still don't think that's the point

Grizz
03-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Cost Celtic roughly £10,000 according to this for the damage those tw ats caused recently at Fir Park:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25293305

Don't know if that's just the seats they broke or if it includes other damage.

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 02:10 PM
It's okay, folks. According to the Yams on 29pointsback they were broken during goal celebrations and not intentionally.

I don't know about you, but no matter how daft I celebrate a goal, I've never broken a seat. Considering the fold up and all..

Oscar T Grouch
03-01-2014, 02:21 PM
It's okay, folks. According to the Yams on 29pointsback they were broken during goal celebrations and not intentionally.

I don't know about you, but no matter how daft I celebrate a goal, I've never broken a seat. Considering the fold up and all..

It wouldnae matter if they were broken by a fan falling doon the stand, if the seats are broken they need replaced and they'll be paying for it :green grin these mutants are so funny, celebrating, I jumped up fi ma seat and it broke, I didnae stamp oan it or kick the fek oot o it, honest guv.

And as a wee side point, they usually damage the toilets too, wonder if that happened last night? While I hate seeing ER damaged if it helps end them I don't mind a couple of smashed toilet bowls to be replaced. Anyone know if there was damage to the toilets?

Leighonel
03-01-2014, 02:36 PM
think there was 200-300

"roughly what cost for a broken seat?"

Good idea, petrie could sell the broken ones to hibs fans as souveneirs. Obviously still bill hearts for the damage.

There are those in our support who break seats at tynecastle, ive seen people walking down the road with them (made me laugh when I saw it). However for them to do it when their club cant afford to pay damages it is a wee bit silly.

Jdawg
03-01-2014, 03:01 PM
think there was 200-300

more money they can ill afford to chuck away. The more pertinent quesiton is how much does it cost to mend a broken heart?

lEXO
03-01-2014, 03:16 PM
As much as I hate those scabby barstewards I don't think we can take the moral high ground at seat smashing and damaging the toilets. Everytime I am at Swiney I see our bams doing the same things. Stupid

Jamesie
03-01-2014, 07:22 PM
If for any reason BDO was unwilling to stump up the cash to fix these seats (and to be fair I have no reason to suspect that is or will be the case) then from memory we would need to take the matter to a SFA Tribunal - a good thing for us, given that it is not possible to pursue legal proceedings against a company in administration.

03-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Haha got to laugh at the jambos on keekback claiming the seats in te away end are deliberately dodgey and easily breakable so Petrie can claim more money! Aww god, they really are soo comical aren't they, sums up just how paranoid they are (everyone is conspiring against the poor wee jambos don't ya know!)

Anyway regardless of whether they were broken through accident (bull****!) or vandalism, it's their fault and there scabby wee club is responsible for paying for the damage, why should it come out of Hibernians pocket?! Come on me Petrie send the vermin a lovely big fat bill !

Glory Lurker
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM
As much as I hate those scabby barstewards I don't think we can take the moral high ground at seat smashing and damaging the toilets. Everytime I am at Swiney I see our bams doing the same things. Stupid

:agree:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2014, 08:03 PM

That's funny. As anyone on here will know all too well, we've lost a lot of games at Easter Road over the past couple of years and the opposition's scored a lot of goals as well. I don't recall seeing dozens of broken seats after the Inverness, Motherwell or Aberdeen fans have left Easter Road, following a win for their team.

Hibercelona
03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
That's funny. As anyone on here will know all too well, we've lost a lot of games at Easter Road over the past couple of years and the opposition's scored a lot of goals as well. I don't recall seeing dozens of broken seats after the Inverness, Motherwell or Aberdeen fans have left Easter Road, following a win for their team.

Aye. But have you seen the size of some of these Hearts b******s?

I'm surprised none of them when flying through the concrete when they jumped up to celebrate as if they had won the Champions League.

Pete
03-01-2014, 08:11 PM

I don't doubt for a minute that some seats were maliciously damaged but that sounds very believable.

It was bedlam when they scored.

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 08:16 PM
I don't doubt for a minute that some seats were maliciously damaged but that sounds very believable.

If you want to break a seat, you either do it deliberately, or not at all.

I'd find it very hard to break a folded up seat no matter how hard I celebrate a goal.

Golden Bear
03-01-2014, 08:17 PM
The Media rightly hammered the Celtic fans for the damage that they caused at Motherwell but so far they've chosen to ignore last night's carnage.

mutley
03-01-2014, 08:17 PM

Lets face it, even if they never scored last night, there is no doubt there would still be broken seats after they left

Sir David Gray
03-01-2014, 08:20 PM
If you want to break a seat, you either do it deliberately, or not at all.

I'd find it very hard to break a folded up seat no matter how hard I celebrate a goal.

:agree: I celebrated pretty hard when Dean Shiels and Brian Kerr scored their winners at Tynecastle.

Didn't feel the urge to break any seats though.

The_Todd
03-01-2014, 08:24 PM
I loved Django Unchained at the cinema so much I ripped out my seat, isn't it the obvious way to show pleasure at something?

crash
03-01-2014, 08:27 PM

It was bedlam when we scored too, yet the only visible evidence of broken seats was in the South Stand, and it is the same every time we play them.

SaulGoodman
03-01-2014, 08:27 PM
:agree: I celebrated pretty hard when Dean Shiels and Brian Kerr scored their winners at Tynecastle.

Didn't feel the urge to break any seats though.
:agree: When you celebrate a goal, you jump about for a bit, shout a bit, go a bit mental sometimes :wink:

You don't turn round and kick **** out a seat, nah, you kick **** out a seat at full time, as you slowly realise your pathetic excuse for a team are languishing at the bottom of the table, certain to go down after just being beaten by your closest rivals in their sold out, modern, fantastic stadium.

03-01-2014, 08:42 PM
It was bedlam when we scored too, yet the only visible evidence of broken seats was in the South Stand, and it is the same every time we play them.

Exactly and like someone said we did it TWICE yet still no damage

03-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Exactly and like someone said we did it TWICE yet still no damage

Gerard
03-01-2014, 08:55 PM
I loved Django Unchained at the cinema so much I ripped out my seat, isn't it the obvious way to show pleasure at something?

I enjoy going to the cinema and have no intention of wrecking the seats after enjoying a film. :greengrin

grunt
03-01-2014, 08:57 PM
The Media rightly hammered the Celtic fans for the damage that they caused at Motherwell but so far they've chosen to ignore last night's carnage.Well the media outrage in that case was fuelled by some clear photos of the extent of the damage. I don't think we've seen any evidence of the damage to ER other than via reported sightings from the other stands.

Kyle A
03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Well the media outrage in that case was fuelled by some clear photos of the extent of the damage. I don't think we've seen any evidence of the damage to ER other than via reported sightings from the other stands.

From another thread.