PDA

View Full Version : John Robertson

Kaff
03-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Fair play, the way he congratulated Terry and what looked like all the players was totally different to their recent shenanigans and I appreciate it at the very least

Billychaotic182
03-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Was thinking the same. Fair play bit of class unlike brown

Steve-O
03-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Fair play, the way he congratulated Terry and what looked like all the players was totally different to their recent shenanigans and I appreciate it at the very least

Noticed that too. Fair do's.

weonlywon6-2
03-01-2014, 04:59 AM
Since we are kissin @ss a wee bit,jamie mcdonald at the just looked at the fans in the famous five and smiled kinda accepting the defeat and kicked the match ball into the east,thought that was decent of him.
As for the rest of them,roasters!

GreenLake
03-01-2014, 05:00 AM
I could count on one hand the Jambos who deserve respect from me, but Robertson is one of them.

Holmesdale Hibs
03-01-2014, 07:38 AM
I could count on one hand the Jambos who deserve respect from me, but Robertson is one of them.

:agree: He attended Hands of Hibs all those years ago and I've had respect for him ever since.

allezsauzee
03-01-2014, 07:52 AM
I think wee Robbo is a decent guy who just got in with the wrong crowd when he was a teenager!

Auckland Hibs
03-01-2014, 07:58 AM
As much as I hated him for all the times he's scored against us, he's a very decent bloke.

judas
03-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Sherman Tank.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Had great delight watching the goings on inside SKY's TV box/gantry thing off to the side of the FF last night from my seat. Watching McCann lookin onto pitch and then to their own TV inside his box whilst munching constantly on what looked like nibbles. Made sure I looked at him soon as Craig struck that lovely winner.....He looked deflated.

Priceless stuff :-)

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2014, 08:03 AM
John is a really decent guy. A more helpful man you would struggle to meet (he has helped me out with charity stuff in the last and has been a gem of a man).

Jamie Macdonald is the same, a really nice lad.

bingo70
03-01-2014, 08:08 AM
I think he'll take over from Locke soon.

No inside knowledge or anything but Lockes clearly out his depth and it'd be a good chance for him to get back into management

heretoday
03-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Robbo would have been happy to manage Hibs at one point in recent years. I can't remember which particular crisis that was but I do recall his saying "Hearts don't pay my mortgage any more" when asked about possible conflict of loyalties.

He's one of the brighter contributors to that sump of the English language Open Mikes on BBC.

Www1875hfc
03-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Since we are kissin @ss a wee bit,jamie mcdonald at the just looked at the fans in the famous five and smiled kinda accepting the defeat and kicked the match ball into the east,thought that was decent of him.

Wonder who's got that ? :wink:

Cheers Jamie. :aok:

Jim44
03-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Steady with the embarrassing patronising claptrap about Fatso, lads. That sort of talk only comes when we are in a good position in relation to them and the feelgood factor dulls senses. He's as big an in your face, biased, blinkered yam as the next one and personally, I can't stomach the guy. If we'd been beaten by them last night and he stood shaking every Hibs players's hand, he'd be getting ripped apart right now. Enjoy the moment and I'm sure there will be many more, but spare the condescending platitudes about Jambos, please.

The Sea-gull
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Robbo would have been happy to manage Hibs at one point in recent years. I can't remember which particular crisis that was but I do recall his saying "Hearts don't pay my mortgage any more" when asked about possible conflict of loyalties.

He's one of the brighter contributors to that sump of the English language Open Mikes on BBC.

Yip, he was interviewed on BBC when he was being linked with the post after Bobby Williamson left. He was ICT manager and they were in the first division at the time. He was asked "if offered, would you take the Hibs job" he never said yes but his answer was along the lines of "I want to manage in the Premier League and Hibs currently play in the Premier League".

I heard at the time he was a good number of the board's first choice and he indicated he would take it if offered but the board decided against it in fear of the fans reaction. At the time he fit the bill though as he was an up and coming ambitious young manager whose teams played attacking football. Had he been a legend at any other club than them then he would have been offered the job.

MADE IN LEITH
03-01-2014, 10:23 AM
John is a pure Gentleman and I respect him as a man with integrity and is a great example of how a man should act after the game.

Well done mate.

:thumbsup:

essexhibee
03-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Was bit of class what he did there at the end. :agree:

stoneyburn hibs
03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Steady with the embarrassing patronising claptrap about Fatso, lads. That sort of talk only comes when we are in a good position in relation to them and the feelgood factor dulls senses. He's as big an in your face, biased, blinkered yam as the next one and personally, I can't stomach the guy. If we'd been beaten by them last night and he stood shaking every Hibs players's hand, he'd be getting ripped apart right now. Enjoy the moment and I'm sure there will be many more, but spare the condescending platitudes about Jambos, please.

Thanks, my thoughts exactly.

clerriehibs
03-01-2014, 11:06 AM

must be on his way as big ben's backup ...

clerriehibs
03-01-2014, 11:09 AM
John is a pure Gentleman and I respect him as a man with integrity and is a great example of how a man should act after the game.

Well done mate.

:thumbsup:

this is the same robbo that, when manager of the ****, booted the opposition manager (shabby laszlo)?

Forza Fred
03-01-2014, 11:16 AM
John is a really decent guy. A more helpful man you would struggle to meet (he has helped me out with charity stuff in the last and has been a gem of a man).

Jamie Macdonald is the same, a really nice lad.

I can vouch for Robbo's assistance in an auction we had in oz.

Top bloke, with a good sense of humour.

Diclonius
03-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Robertson's coaching at Hearts now? That completely passed me by.