PDA

View Full Version : Our Captain

Mikey
02-01-2014, 11:54 PM
I thought he was brilliant tonight, but not just because of the way he played. He made a point of running over the Cummings when he was being subbed to have a word with him, he stepped in when tempers were frayed and Hibs players could have got into bother and he took responsibility for that penalty.

The armband has done the rounds over the last few years but it's in a good place just now :agree:

down-the-slope
02-01-2014, 11:59 PM
:agree:

Swedish hibee
03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
100% agree

O'Rourke3
03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Interestingly- as I was walking towards St Clair St from the west 2 fans were asking just why he'd got MOM when "all he'd done was give the ball away the whole game" In too good a mood to ask what game they'd just watched. Maybe not MOM but an excellent shift. His best this season for games I've been at.

Sent from my brain via Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Defo a great captain. Another good decision from Terry

I'm_cabbaged
03-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Was saying to the laddie that he looks like a life long hibbie that's came through the ranks he care so much.

ronaldo7
03-01-2014, 12:28 AM
First time I saw him was in Malmo.

I was watching the warm up and every shot he hit, he scored with. You could just see the guy was class. Whilst watching said warm up, I seen Rowan Vine hit seven shots and every one went over the bar or past the post.

I made up my mind then that Liam was the man for the armband

Sorry Rowan:rolleyes:

poolman
03-01-2014, 12:31 AM
I thought he was brilliant tonight, but not just because of the way he played. He made a point of running over the Cummings when he was being subbed to have a word with him, he stepped in when tempers were frayed and Hibs players could have got into bother and he took responsibility for that penalty.

The armband has done the rounds over the last few years but it's in a good place just now :agree:

This

Hibbyradge
03-01-2014, 12:32 AM
I thought he had a poor game and was I amazed when he was given MOM. Even the lassie sitting next to me was concerned when he stepped up to take the penalty.

Great that folk saw the positive stuff above, though, which I obviously missed.

lucky
03-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Got to say I thought he was outstanding tonight, controlled the midfield and scored the winner. Totally deserved the Motm

matty_f
03-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Got to say I thought he was outstanding tonight, controlled the midfield and scored the winner. Totally deserved the Motm

:agree: We had a few contenders for motm, but no complaints from me with Craig getting it.

jonny
03-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Lewis Stevenson was given the Sky MoM - whilst I thought Craig played well, wee Lewis was immense (again)

I'm_cabbaged
03-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Is he a Hibby? He was thumping the badge on his shirt when he scored. :thumbsup:

Not that I know of.

SMAXXA
03-01-2014, 01:14 AM
The guys just class, he came into hospitality after the game to pick up his MOTM award and he came out with the funniest thing I heard all night when Pat Nevin asked him for his thoughts on the Hibs fans tonight, to which he replied............the fans were brilliant everyone of them, even the guy who ran on and punched the hearts fan hahahahahahah :greengrin We were all pissing ourselves laughing

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 01:18 AM
The guys just class, he came into hospitality after the game to pick up his MOTM award and he came out with the funniest thing I heard all night when Pat Nevin asked him for his thoughts on the Hibs fans tonight, to which he replied............the fans were brilliant everyone of them, even the guy who ran on and punched the hearts fan hahahahahahah :greengrin We were all pissing ourselves laughing

:top marks

danhibees1875
03-01-2014, 01:21 AM
Is he a Hibby? He was thumping the badge on his shirt when he scored. :thumbsup:

I believe so. :agree:

Saorsa
03-01-2014, 01:26 AM
I love Liam Craig :thumbsup: just saying like :greengrin and just one mair thing

**** the h****s

Bobby's Cinema
03-01-2014, 01:27 AM
I thought he had a poor game and was I amazed when he was given MOM. Even the lassie sitting next to me was concerned when he stepped up to take the penalty.

Great that folk saw the positive stuff above, though, which I obviously missed.
This was my take. He made up for it though :greengrin

hfc rd
03-01-2014, 01:42 AM
Great player and leader. That performance showed it!

IWasThere2016
03-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Helps to be a Hibee - which he is.

jodjam
03-01-2014, 01:49 AM
I liked his interview when he says hertz didn't even deserve to score.

--------
03-01-2014, 01:56 AM
I get the impression that Butcher has told them that Craig is the one to approach the referee if there's a question about a decision. Even when other Hibs players spoke to the ref, they did so quietly and appropriately - unlike the Jambos who repeatedly seemed to be mobbing him, pointing the forefinger at him, getting in his face.

There are so many positives right now at ER. Now that Christmas is past and life's getting back to normal, I'm gonnae have to get back to ER.

Hard as it is to admit it, Petrie's done a good thing in appointing Terry and Mo. I think I'm gonnae have to come oot ma huff.

HibernianJK
03-01-2014, 01:57 AM
I really like Craig but didn't think he was at his best tonight. Bagged the winner so who gives a ****

RC1875
03-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Paul Hanlon was unfortunate to miss out on MOTM, I've never been his biggest fan but this season he's been a rock at the back. Forster was unlucky aswell, what a difference he's made at right back another good decision by terry

--------
03-01-2014, 02:22 AM
Paul Hanlon was unfortunate to miss out on MOTM, I've never been his biggest fan but this season he's been a rock at the back. Forster was unlucky aswell, what a difference he's made at right back another good decision by terry

Paul's a different player - at one point tonight we were about to take a corner and there was a lot of milling about in the goalmouth and he was right in the middle of it giving better than they were handing out. The physical confidence to mix it with the orcs was there for all to see. Brilliant. :greengrin

I also thought that Jordon Forster has suddenly stopped looking like a teenager in his first season - he looked a fully mature player tonight.

Stevie Reid
03-01-2014, 02:50 AM
The best thing is that there is much, much more to come from Liam Craig, as there is Scott Robertson. Exciting times for us - the squad was looking flabby and imbalanced before Terry arrived, it looks very strong at the moment with business still to be done in January.

weonlywon6-2
03-01-2014, 05:08 AM
:agree: We had a few contenders for motm, but no complaints from me with Craig getting it.

Yes we did and i thought cairney put in a shift,foster was excellent and colins and lewis just never stopped.

Great to see they just wanted to get the ball every time and charge back up the park with it

Pleasing ,very pleasing

B.H.F.C
03-01-2014, 05:39 AM
The best thing is that there is much, much more to come from Liam Craig, as there is Scott Robertson. Exciting times for us - the squad was looking flabby and imbalanced before Terry arrived, it looks very strong at the moment with business still to be done in January.

I agree, Craig will get better. I thought his set pieces were superb last night. He was very calm for the penalty after quite a long delay in taking it. I thought in open play he gave the ball away a bit too much but it was through being a bit over eager. I thought a few of them were like that, just a wee lack of composure, particularly in the first half.

We got the win last night. They will get the doing they deserve when we see them in Gorgie.

mjhibby
03-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Loved when he was interviewed after the game and when asked about the pressure taking the penalty he calmly said,what pressure,it was just another one and he waited for McDonald to commit himself and then stroked it away.Very much part of butchers jigsaw.just need a creative midfielder/winger,a prolific striker and aright back(no offence to foster but someone who crosses are spot on more often).vine,Thomson,Taiwo and Clancy looked to be on the way out and three new players in.add in heifer nan and Harris coming back and the likes of Cummings,handling and Stanton getting better with more games then the future looks really bright.btw great that terry singled out Hanson for his performance although Nelson has been a terrific signing,just what we needed.

Diclonius
03-01-2014, 08:21 AM
I believe so. :agree:

He's a Celtic fan.

Keith_M
03-01-2014, 08:25 AM

Hard as it is to admit it, Petrie's done a good thing in appointing Terry and Mo. I think I'm gonnae have to come oot ma huff.

I hate to say told you so but....

Ach, who am I trying to kid, I love it :wink:

OsloHibs
03-01-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm really liking Craig as captain too. The way he presents himself in front of the cameras, always talking on the pitch to the players and really seems to love being at Hibs- is exactly what we need.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Great sign that we have several players thought worthy of man of the match :agree:

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Great sign that we have several players thought worthy of man of the match :agree:

:agree: Said this on the MOM poll, it's very satisfying to have so many contenders for MOTM, there's been times in the past when you couldn't think of one hibs player worthy of the accolade but most satisfying it that these are the same players. :thumbsup:

jonty
03-01-2014, 10:09 PM
aye, but it's still Pats team :duck:

Great to see Lewis back to his Cup Final best.
Playing them in their preferred position helps :greengrin

Hibby Gav
03-01-2014, 10:12 PM

Good shout !

#FromTheCapital
03-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Fast becoming my favourite player, great performance last night imo. Won't ever forget the look on his face when he came to celebrate the first goal with the east stand.

Hibby Gav
03-01-2014, 10:19 PM

Agreed, its been a while..but you can see the desire . Hard to think these are the same players....such a transformation...we have a long way to go but huge credit should go to these guys for the work they are putting in.

ElginHibbie
03-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Saw this on Twitter and couldn't see it on here, Liam has some advice for Mr Walker

https://vine.co/v/hYZMdz5LYuK

Jonnyboy
03-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Saw this on Twitter and couldn't see it on here, Liam has some advice for Mr Walker

https://vine.co/v/hYZMdz5LYuK

:thumbsup: