PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

YehButNoBut
02-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Just starting now with Hibs highlights.

Kenny Miller & Michael Stewart in the studio.

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Just starting now with Hibs highlights.

Kenny Miller & Michael Stewart in the studio.

Stewart winnae ken what to say no fenlon to rip the pish oot of

Hibs7
02-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Watching highlights and McGivern at fault for two clear cut chances for Hearts by not getting in front of his man .. Basic defending !!

Humo
02-01-2014, 09:46 PM
What are kenny and stewart saying?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Torto7062
02-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Is that the first time in history.
That the highlights only showed the 2nd half

Hibs7
02-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Very poor coverage from sportscene considering the chances and shots Hibs had .. Both pundits agree Hibs were the better team and it was a penalty ..

--------
02-01-2014, 09:55 PM
What are kenny and stewart saying?

Surprised to say it, but Michael Stewart was extremely balanced and fair in his comments, as was Kenny Miller. Basic agreement that Hearts started reasonably well, but Hibs had the game under control by HT. The second half, they agreed was almost all Hibs, and the equaliser came out of nothing. They agreed that Hearts defended poorly, and that the pen we had was a stonewall award, and Craig's kick was a very good one.

Locke was trying to say that that pen was a "controversial" decision that had "robbed" Hearts of their just deserts.

Butcher was his usual measured, reasonable, courteous self.

I have to take back a lot of my criticism of MS - he was absolutely impartial and focussed tonight - completely fair to Hibs in every way.

Humo
02-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Surprised to say it, but Michael Stewart was extremely balanced and fair in his comments, as was Kenny Miller. Basic agreement that Hearts started reasonably well, but Hibs had the game under control by HT. The second half, they agreed was almost all Hibs, and the equaliser came out of nothing. They agreed that Hearts defended poorly, and that the pen we had was a stonewall award, and Craig's kick was a very good one.

Locke was trying to say that that pen was a "controversial" decision that had "robbed" Hearts of their just deserts.

I have to take back a lot of my criticism of MS - he was absolutely impartial and focussed tonight - completely fair to Hibs in every way.

Cheers mate couldnt catch sportscene

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Stewart winnae ken what to say no fenlon to rip the pish oot of

Thing is he was right all along!

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Very poor coverage from sportscene considering the chances and shots Hibs had .. Both pundits agree Hibs were the better team and it was a penalty ..

They showed a few more of the chances while chatting about the game. Overall quite a short highlights package though.

Davy Mac
02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Don't know if anyone else noticed but it briefly came up Hibs 23 HOMOFC 3 attempts on goal - that is a horsing end of.

Do my head in the BBC they really do.

Brightside
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
The game is repeated on Sports1 at 1.30 am! :tbgwa:

lapsedhibee
02-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Don't know if anyone else noticed but it briefly came up Hibs 23 HOMOFC 3 attempts on goal - that is a horsing end of.

If there's a negative to be found in tonight's result, it's that of those 23 attempts only 6 were on target.

Stevie "Fail" Fail writes:

"Hibs only got 6 out of 23 shots on target, or 26% accuracy. Whereas Hearts got 3 out their 5 shots on target, or 60% accuracy. If the game was decided on shooting accuracy, Hearts would have won easily."

Hibs7
02-01-2014, 10:09 PM
If there's a negative to be found in tonight's result, it's that of those 23 attempts only 6 were on target.

"Hibs only got 6 out of 23 shots on target, or 26% accuracy. Whereas Hearts got 3 out their 5 shots on target, or 60% accuracy. If the game was decided on shooting accuracy, Hearts would have won easily."

You have to laugh at his " clutching at straw. " statistics ... Roaster

Bay Area Hibees
02-01-2014, 10:10 PM

MS beef with Fenlon was he didn't have a set pattern or style of play, e.g. tactics. Butcher and Malpas on the other hand clearly have two things in mind:

1, Give team confidence
2, Instruct the full backs to play the ball forward quickly, often with diagonal balls, play higher up the team and get as many balls as possible into the box to put opposition into the box

It works.

So fair play to MS for identifying Fenlon's tactical deficiencies and recognizing the change in the team.

Brightside
02-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Sky Sports 1 are repeating the game at 1.30...don't know whether to record it or stay up and watch it! :greengrin
Ive just opened a bottle of red! I'm watching it. The BBC highlights were shocking.

Davy Mac
02-01-2014, 10:15 PM

Perhaps, but I've always believed the hardest part of football is creating chances and at least that's what we are now doing, for once I reckon we'll have a stronger finish to the season for many a year whilst the Hertz are clinging on to fudged statistics and dressed up figures - pleasing somewhat.....GIRUY YA TRUMPETS

Ryan91
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM

Sky Sports 1 are repeating the game at 1.30...don't know whether to record it or stay up and watch it! :greengrin

Record it and Watch it at the same time.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Those highlights :faf:

Jim44
02-01-2014, 10:28 PM
The presenter was asking Miller about his future, and as he was telling him about training with The Rangers and planning to return to Vancouver in a couple of weeks, Stewart made a comment which I couldn't hear, but he was having a good laugh as Miller went on about returning to Canada. I suspect he knew that Miller was going to sign for The Rangers. It was definitely a 'knowing laugh'.

Davy Mac
02-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Those highlights :faf:

Agreed, what a piece of nonsense, couldnae end the highlights quick enough............

Geo_1875
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Surprised to say it, but Michael Stewart was extremely balanced and fair in his comments, as was Kenny Miller. Basic agreemenjt that Hearts started reasonably well, but Hibs had the game under control by HT. The second half, they agreed was almost all Hibs, and the equaliser came out of nothing. They agreed that Hearts defended poorly, and that the pen we had was a stonewall award, and Craig's kick was a very good one.o
Locke was trying to say that that pen was a "controversial" decision that had "robbed" Hearts of their just dese

It's easy to be fair and even-handed when you team have been horsed. The dumb bird on Sky Sports News gave a better summary and they had more highlights and better postmatch interviews.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-01-2014, 10:39 PM
It's easy to be fair and even-handed when you team have been horses. The dumb bird on Sky Sports News gave a better summary and they had more highlights and better postmatch interviews.

This.

Shame sky didn't show Gary Locke for the sub human Orc that he is

Mikeystewart
02-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Thing is he was right all along!

Totally agree, even at the time I found it astounding the .net reaction to his comments re Fenlon. The same level of impartiality, insight and general knowledge of the game is something completely lacking in his other Hearts supporting BBC colleagues.

worcesterhibby
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
gotta say, as someone who lives in England and watches MOTD and MOTD2 every week…Sportscene looks like it's produced by a Lithuanian cable channel. Amateurish, embarrassing, cringeworthy.

hibee_girl
03-01-2014, 12:05 AM
The presenter was asking Miller about his future, and as he was telling him about training with The Rangers and planning to return to Vancouver in a couple of weeks, Stewart made a comment which I couldn't hear, but he was having a good laugh as Miller went on about returning to Canada. I suspect he knew that Miller was going to sign for The Rangers. It was definitely a 'knowing laugh'.

All Stewart said was 'put you on the spot there eh?'

JohnStephens91
03-01-2014, 12:08 AM

I'm going to watch it :greengrin

Speedy
03-01-2014, 12:11 AM

We had a lot of shots blocked outside the box. I suspect a few of them aren't counted 'on target'.

ChooseLife
03-01-2014, 12:13 AM
More than enough highlights :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg2ulgHj5mM&feature=youtu.be

ballengeich
03-01-2014, 12:20 AM
gotta say, as someone who lives in England and watches MOTD and MOTD2 every week…Sportscene looks like it's produced by a Lithuanian cable channel. Amateurish, embarrassing, cringeworthy.

Surely Lithuanian involvement in Scottish football could only be a positive thing.