PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon was excellent

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Thought we played brilliantly tonight.

I'm giving MoM to Lewis, but Paul is a very close second. Or third behind Collins!!

hibee_girl
02-01-2014, 09:25 PM
:agree:

Just said this on another thread, Hanlon has been a real standout in the last few games

Scooter
02-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Yip agreed

col02
02-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Credit to the coaching staff who have him attacking every ball now. I will be very surprised if he does not attract interest on the back of his performances under Butcher.

Brightside
02-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Best player on the park again. Every single ball they punted in he dealt with it... They on the other hand are cheating wee *****s.

GodisaHibee
02-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Paul was outstanding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jonnyboy
02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Another top performance from PH. I like the way that he and Nelson dovetail. When one attacks the ball the other falls back to cover any ball that makes it through. Keep it up Paul :thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
02-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Superb tonight. Bloke behind me doesn't rate him and his mates now spend entire games doing nothing but praise PH

Sent from my brain via Tapatalk

Onion
02-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Has looked like a proper SPFL central defender - amazing overall improvement in his whole game.

Gustavo Fring
02-01-2014, 10:47 PM
hanlon was outstanding tonight

Cropley10
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Tel was fulsome in his praise of Paul too

Sir David Gray
02-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Hanlon and Nelson work very well together.

Pair of them look really solid.

scoopyboy
02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
I'm sure you guys have got together to post this just to wind up HadalinewiGarry.

truehibernian
02-01-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm sure you guys have got together to post this just to wind up HadalinewiGarry.

Scoopy I'm as you know a harsh ( sometimes overly so) critic of Paul, but last few games he has been excellent - combination of us playing higher line, in the opposition half and having admiral next to him - but credit where it's due, he's beginning to blossom. I like the fact he's attacking the ball more and that he is looking calmer on the ball - I'm still a critic but he's winning me found, as is Lewis - positive mindset brings dividends.

wookie70
02-01-2014, 11:30 PM
He was my MOTM tonight and I think he has now started to get ahead of Robertson for Player of the Year. Nice to see him and Lewis playing so well and Jordan and Jason starting to look like starters too. Sam Stanton always looks impressive for the short time he is given and he must be next to make the breakthrough

BroxburnHibee
02-01-2014, 11:34 PM
He was excellent tonight but for me, Lewis just pipped him and James Collins for MOM.

I thought all 3 were superb.

Brightside
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Scoopy I'm as you know a harsh ( sometimes overly so) critic of Paul, but last few games he has been excellent - combination of us playing higher line, in the opposition half and having admiral next to him - but credit where it's due, he's beginning to blossom. I like the fact he's attacking the ball more and that he is looking calmer on the ball - I'm still a critic but he's winning me found, as is Lewis - positive mindset brings dividends.

The problem he has always had is having to cover for unfit or simply not good enough partners. Nelson is no super star but he does the basics very well, that allows Paul to play to his strengths and control the defensive line. He's proper quality and will 100% be a stand out player for years to come for Hibs and Scotland. BUT he will at some point make a mistake - lets ensure we don't suddenly get on his back. I totally believe we will be top 3 next season without a doubt.

Stan the Man
02-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Fantastic turnaround. Up until the last few games I would have had him down as one of the 1st bodies to be upgraded in the transfer window in order to take us forward.

Now we are seeing the player he is capable of being.

Obviously previous mangers and Scotland u21 coaches have seen something there that many of us haven't, but now all I can do is congratulate him, TB and MM on one of the biggest improvements I can ever recall in a Hibs player.

Viva La Hanlon!

hfc rd
03-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Really hope he continues this excellent form as no doubt GS will start to take a more closer look for his next Scotland squad.

Saorsa
03-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Thought we played brilliantly tonight.

I'm giving MoM to Lewis, but Paul is a very close second. Or third behind Collins!!Hanlon was excellent? Hanlon is excellent, there's a few that dinnae want tae see that but they're no worth bothering about IMO

Edinburgh Green
03-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Fantastic game. My kids will b wearing Adidas Hanlons in years to come.

SMAXXA
03-01-2014, 01:07 AM
He was brilliant total class tonight and I think he's been excellent all season. I've never been much of a fan but he has won me over this season and credit where it is due.........take a bow son you deserve every plaudits you get.

lucky
03-01-2014, 01:09 AM
He play well but the yams were awful up front but he does play well with Nelson

matty_f
03-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Hanlon just keeps improving, he was immense tonight.

Shrekko
03-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Has looked like a proper SPFL central defender - amazing overall improvement in his whole game.

SPFL? ... And the rest. The boy is oozing class.

Like Lewis, Paul has had to grow up in difficult times and is now getting closer to becoming the finished article.

Great to see, Stevenson, Hanlon, Forster and Cummings all doing so well- players we produced.

Expecting Rain
03-01-2014, 08:38 AM
A classy young defender who has had to learn his profession and position ( and is still doing so ) in extremely difficult circumstances, glad he`s proving all his doubters wrong and will continue to do so.