PDA

View Full Version : Attendance - 20,106 A figure Hearts will NEVER top at Tynecastle!

California-Hibs
02-01-2014, 09:12 PM
What a fantastic turn out by us tonight! Looked brilliant seeing a completely full stadium, what a sight!

We all know Hearts have a fascination with attendances. Well listen up on looking Jambos, WE HAD MORE AT THE GAME TONIGHT THAN YOUR STADIUM CAN EVEN HOLD!

That card will be coming out quite a few times whenever they start their attendance figure crap.

2-1, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Enjoy the first division, It gives me great satisfaction knowing we helped send you's down!

:flag:

DaveF
02-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Cheesing

Craig_in_Prague
02-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Wee team eh

HibsNZ
02-01-2014, 09:16 PM
What a fantastic turn out by us tonight! Looked brilliant seeing a completely full stadium, what a sight!

We all know Hearts have a fascination with attendances. Well listen up on looking Jambos, WE HAD MORE AT THE GAME TONIGHT THAN YOUR STADIUM CAN EVEN HOLD!

That card will be coming out quite a few times whenever they start their attendance figure crap.

2-1, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Enjoy the first division, It gives me great satisfaction knowing we helped send you's down!

Thought sw!necastles capacity was 400,000 :wink:

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2014, 09:17 PM
The knock on effect of this could be huge for us.

That's what, about 7000 more Hibbies than were there at the last game?

Crowds are bound to start increasing now.

kdhibees1
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Thought they ended us in 2012?? Confused.com :confused:

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Big team big crowd

Wee team wee crowf

Hibs7
02-01-2014, 09:19 PM

If Hibs keep playing like that the crowds will return. :aok:

California-Hibs
02-01-2014, 09:29 PM

I had been thinking this as the ticket sales continued to rise and rise this week! Thinking what an opportunity this is for fans who maybe haven't been in years/aren't regular attenders/have never been to a Hibs game before, to come along and for us to get the right result and performance and atmosphere to entice them back!

Well we got the performance and atmosphere checked off right from the start, when it was 1-1 I thought, 'oh nom please please Hibs don't blow this infront of over 20k!'.....Then Liam Craig stepped up as he had other ideas!

:tbgwa:

Sas_The_Hibby
02-01-2014, 09:30 PM
To be fair, 20,101 of them will have been Hearts fans.............. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
02-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Sticky this.

Hibs had an attendance that their ground can't even hold.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Seekyit
02-01-2014, 09:35 PM
I thought it might be years before we'd get over 20,000 at ER. Only sinkin in now how good that was the night.

CyberSauzee
02-01-2014, 09:35 PM
We sell pegs from caravans. We are hobos. We no nothing of £51m hotel/stadium redevelopments.

How can we possibly have an attendance bigger than the big team?

It's time we doft our caps to the masters of commerce and learn our standing in society.

But the attendance tonight confuses me... How does the wee team have a bigger ground capacity than the Saville Dome? Are we selling ghost season tickets?

hibsmum
02-01-2014, 09:37 PM
We sell pegs from caravans. We are hobos. We no nothing of £51m hotel/stadium redevelopments.

How can we possibly have an attendance bigger than the big team?

It's time we doft our caps to the masters of commerce and learn our standing in society.

But the attendance tonight confuses me... How does the wee team have a bigger ground capacity than the Saville Dome? Are we selling ghost season tickets?
We fiddled our figures, can't remember who gave us the idea :greengrin

Ross4356
02-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know when the last derby played in Edinburgh had an attendance over 20k?

hihohibby
02-01-2014, 09:53 PM
What's significant is that there is a thread highlighting the 20,100 crowd on Kickback and not a single response to the OP.
This is because a phenomenally large Hibs home support is too much for them to acknowledge. It actually hurts them even more than getting beat by us.
They, for years, have boasted about always having a bigger home crowd, and now that we have shown them our potential and what we can draw to a game, and that we can fill our stadium, they are besides themselves with grief and frustration that this psychological weapon against us has been cruelly and humiliatingly taken away from them. What a perfect day!:flag::tbgwa:

Seveno
02-01-2014, 09:55 PM
The atmosphere was amazing and Sunshine on Leith at the end was wonderful.

Bay Area Hibees
02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Fantastic, crowd of over 20k - if we can keep this positive momentum up under Terry we're going to be a different team vs, the last few year.

10 points from possible 12 is great form and top striker just back too.

The future's green and white my friends!

I just wish today I wasn't in California but getting the bevvies in Leith.

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Well done everyone who went!

Was a night to remember and atmosphere was class - good variety of songs and wild scenes when the goals went in :thumbsup:

hihohibby
02-01-2014, 10:04 PM

Just (again) checked the Kickback thread on tonights attendance and still there has not been a single response to the OP. It's too much for them to acknowledge or deal with - a larger Hibs home support then their own!!
The thread is slowly dropping down the list to probably disappear from view. They want that figure to somehow go away quietly. It really has disarmed them pyschologically.

judas
02-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Thought sw!necastles capacity was 400,000 :wink:

No I think that is just the potential capacity lol.

California-Hibs
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
What's significant is that there is a thread highlighting the 20,100 crowd on Kickback and not a single response to the OP.
This is because a phenomenally large Hibs home support is too much for them to acknowledge. It actually hurts them even more than getting beat by us.
They, for years, have boasted about always having a bigger home crowd, and now that we have shown them our potential and what we can draw to a game, and that we can fill our stadium, they are besides themselves with grief and frustration that this psychological weapon against us has been cruelly and humiliatingly taken away from them. What a perfect day!:flag::tbgwa:

You summed it up perfectly my man!

California-Hibs
02-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Fantastic, crowd of over 20k - if we can keep this positive momentum up under Terry we're going to be a different team vs, the last few year.

10 points from possible 12 is great form and top striker just back too.

The future's green and white my friends!

I just wish today I wasn't in California but getting the bevvies in Leith.

Agreed! I'm sure the whole of Sacramento could hear me when the goals went in! Did my voice make it along to San Fran?

Onion
02-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Well done everyone who went!

Was a night to remember and atmosphere was class - good variety of songs and wild scenes when the goals went in :thumbsup:

Thought Section 43 was superb tonight - really got the rest of the stadium going :top marks

I must be getting old or just odd, as IMHO the PA playing the full 3.5 mins of SOL did nothing for the after-match celebrations. Would have much preferred the Hibs fans to sing their own songs - mainly about the Yams going down, of course - rather than it being drowned out by the Proclaimers.

Jonnyboy
02-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Sitting high up in the East Stand it was fantastic to watch the FF and West joining in at the Hibees Bounce etc. Cracking and crackling atmosphere :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Thought Section 43 was superb tonight - really got the rest of the stadium going :top marks

I must be getting old or just odd, as IMHO the PA playing the full 3.5 mins of SOL did nothing for the after-match celebrations. Would have much preferred the Hibs fans to sing their own songs - mainly about the Yams going down, of course - rather than it being drowned out by the Proclaimers.

Agree about SOL - Sounded good - but just let the fans clap the players / sing - then play it.

We need something to moan about on here tonight :greengrin

Section 43 and the drummer were excellent but the whole stadium joined in once again and I am glad the sell out saw the win :top marks

Nakedmanoncrack
02-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Sitting high up in the East Stand it was fantastic to watch the FF and West joining in at the Hibees Bounce etc. Cracking and crackling atmosphere :thumbsup:

:agree:

Never seen the three sides singing in unison like that before, and the roar for Collins' goal must be the loudest I've heard in over 30 years.

Monts
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
72 competitive derbies since the last 20,000 + crowd apparently

Gustavo Fring
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM

this

i sat outwith the east for the 1st time and i have to say it was a sight to behold , section 43 and the sections either side of it were my man of the match

take a bow whoever was in there you were outstanding :flag:

Carheenlea
02-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Easter Road looked absolutely magnificent on television tonight, and as much as I enjoyed viewing in a fine Belfast bar, to not have enjoyed it in my seat in the East is a heartbreaker. Can only imagine the joyous entity that will be Robbie's Bar tonight..

Hibby Gav
02-01-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm just hoping someone will upload it onto YouTube...I've only seen those disgraceful 'highlights'....heard it on the radio...the stadium sounded incredible...was hoping the bbc would show it...
amazing night !!!

PatHead
02-01-2014, 10:28 PM
For any Jambos looking in- that is what a full ground looks like, not just a pretend figure in a crumbling stadium with lots of faded pink seats.

gorgie greens
02-01-2014, 10:38 PM
only watched it from my house in Wales but the crowd were unreal and defo an extra man for the boys,last game i can think that was like that was back when we played AEK Athens at Easter Road,crowd was bouncing at the 6-2 game as well,any body at those games compare the atmosphere with tonights match.

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
only watched it from my house in Wales but the crowd were unreal and defo an extra man for the boys,last game i can think that was like that was back when we played AEK Athens at Easter Road,crowd was bouncing at the 6-2 game as well,any body at those games compare the atmosphere with tonights match.

You a gorgie green 2 not many of us oot there. Aek was best6-2 was next. Killie cup game last season was magic and the night was up there but no quite the best. Just glad they didnae let the big crowd down again

Nakedmanoncrack
02-01-2014, 10:45 PM

Maybe not as intense throughout as AEK game? Certainly louder at the loudest bits, 6-2 game was great but considerably more Hibs fans there tonight than at that game, in a much more enclosed stadium.

sbell1875
02-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Section 43 in the East was 2 deep from at least row Z up to the back. I was fearful if we scored people could have been crushed or much worse.

Thankfully, we all just went radge mental and moved laterally!

Chuck Rhoades
02-01-2014, 10:47 PM
My arms are agony! What an atmosphere! Allez allez!

Jonnyboy
02-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Outstanding drumming young sir :thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
02-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Amazing start to 2014 keep it up lad's👽

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

fat freddy
02-01-2014, 10:52 PM

i was in the east for both the matches you mention as well as tonight...its difficult to compare as the new east doesn't have the cosy atmosphere of the old east...tonight was the best atmosphere the stadium has had since all four stands were completed...the difference is how it must feel for the players playing in front of four giant stands packed to the rafters...it was electric tonight and you could feel the desire in the crowd...we wanted it more tonight than i've ever felt in a derby....the stadium, when packed like tonight, is a truly wonderful arena and i think we saw what the new east can become if we put a successful team on the park.

Peevemor
02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkaOIqo-65w

Bishop Hibee
02-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Magic. We have a stadium, they have a Gorgie slum.

whiskyhibby
02-01-2014, 11:09 PM
i was in the east for both the matches you mention as well as tonight...its difficult to compare as the new east doesn't have the cosy atmosphere of the old east...tonight was the best atmosphere the stadium has had since all four stands were completed...the difference is how it must feel for the players playing in front of four giant stands packed to the rafters...it was electric tonight and you could feel the desire in the crowd...we wanted it more tonight than i've ever felt in a derby....the stadium, when packed like tonight, is a truly wonderful arena and i think we saw what the new east can become if we put a successful team on the park.

Completely agree.......

Sir David Gray
02-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Absolutely fantastic crowd tonight. It's unrealistic to expect that sort of crowd every week (just now anyway) but if even 3-4,000 of those extra people who were there tonight were to come back, it would make such a difference.

LancashireHibby
02-01-2014, 11:13 PM

Take a bow Ross.

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM

:top marks

1- the yams current stadium doesn't hold as much as ours

2 - the yams won't be beating that attendance anytime soon as..

3 - their stadium is not fit for purpose and falling down / past it's expiry date

4 - they have no money / space for it to be developed

:faf::faf:

At least they have their own training ground....oh wait...

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Fantastic to see ER full tonight ... and even better that Hibs managed to do the business.

There are many grounds in the UK which have bigger crowds every week than the one at ER tonight .... But very few which can match the atmosphere we can generate when things are going well ..... it was brilliant.

Well done to everybody there tonight and sympathy to those who wanted to be there but couldnt make it.

Northern Hibby
02-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Easter Road looked absolutely magnificent on television tonight, and as much as I enjoyed viewing in a fine Belfast bar, to not have enjoyed it in my seat in the East is a heartbreaker. Can only imagine the joyous entity that will be Robbie's Bar tonight..

Watched in Inverness with a jambo and a previously unknown Hibby but so wished I`d been there, well done to all who were, made me proud to say "that's Easter Road"

Glory Glory

WhileTheChief..
03-01-2014, 12:07 AM

hfc rd
03-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Over 20,000?? Why are we having a go at the yams with their new £51M "super stand" on it's way plus the 400,000 yams that will pack it out!

SanFranHibs
03-01-2014, 01:26 AM
72 competitive derbies since the last 20,000 + crowd apparently

Cup semi-finals and finals can still be derbies??? Right? lol

Purehibee_MYB
03-01-2014, 01:34 AM
It's not only great for us but to show that Scottish football can still get that kind of attendance and put on a half decent show bodes well for us and the Scottish Premiership with the New Firm derby near enough sold out too

WellingtonHibby
03-01-2014, 02:18 AM
:agree:

Never seen the three sides singing in unison like that before, and the roar for Collins' goal must be the loudest I've heard in over 30 years.

Woke my neighbours here in Wellington. Them and me..

--------
03-01-2014, 02:50 AM
Once upon a time there was an insignificant football team who were bought by a Bad Man from a faraway country with a silly name.

He promised them and their supporters that he would transform their fortunes utterly.

They would find themselves playing football at a level they had never played at before.

They would be playing in competitions they had never played in before, in stadiums they had only heard of on the TV, or read of in the newspapers.

And ONE DAY, he promised, they would be privileged to play in their own city in a big, brightly-lit, modern, purpose-built football stadium in front of a capacity crowd and a huge audience would be following the game, watching them on a global TV network.

When this happened, their game would literally be The Only Game in Town. And their bitter rivals across the city would only be able to look on in envy at their good fortune.

And those bitter rivals would just curl up and DIE when they saw all the wonderful things that would come to pass when the Promises came true.

All this was known as "the Promises", and all the directors and players and supporters of the insignificant football club BELIEVED in them.

Well, very soon that team will be "progressing to a new level of football" - they're going to be relegated.

And they'll be playing in the Scottish Football Championship and the Ramsden's Cup. They've never played in them before, ever. And they'll have to find their way to places like Peterhead, and Annan, and Elgin.

But tonight ONE of the Promises DID come true.

Tonight they finally got to play in their own city in a big, brightly-lit, modern, purpose-built football stadium in front of a capacity crowd with a huge TV audience looking on.

Pity the stadium belonged to their bitter rivals who aren't envious of them in the absolute very slightest totty wee tiny bit, and more than 80% the capacity crowd were the supporters of those bitter rivals, and their own ground's falling to bits about their ears, and they're so freakin bankrupt they haven't got a pot to piss in, and their bitter rivals haven't curled up and died, and don't look likely to do so any time soon ...

... and they even went and lost the match.

And the Bad Man from the faraway country with the silly name spends all day every day laughing himself silly at how utterly stupid and easily taken-in a bunch of football directors and players and supporters could be.

And the funniest thing is - the Bad Man from the faraway country with the funny name STILL has loads and loads of money that he stole from the silly wee football club. And nobody knows where the bad man is, or his money.

And nobody at that football club lived happily ever after - NOT ONE.

(Apologies to Hans Christian Andersen.)

spike220
03-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Once upon a time there was an insignificant football team who were bought by a Bad Man from a faraway country with a silly name.

He promised them and their supporters that he would transform their fortunes utterly.

They would find themselves playing football at a level they had never played at before.

They would be playing in competitions they had never played in before, in stadiums they had only heard of on the TV, or read of in the newspapers.

And ONE DAY, he promised, they would be privileged to play in their own city in a big, brightly-lit, modern, purpose-built football stadium in front of a capacity crowd and a huge audience would be following the game, watching them on a global TV network.

When this happened, their game would literally be The Only Game in Town. And their bitter rivals across the city would only be able to look on in envy at their good fortune.

And those bitter rivals would just curl up and DIE when they saw all the wonderful things that would come to pass when the Promises came true.

All this was known as "the Promises", and all the directors and players and supporters of the insignificant football club BELIEVED in them.

Well, very soon that team will be "progressing to a new level of football" - they're going to be relegated.

And they'll be playing in the Scottish Football Championship and the Ramsden's Cup. They've never played in them before, ever. And they'll have to find their way to places like Peterhead, and Annan, and Elgin.

Tonight they finally got to play in their own city in a big, brightly-lit, modern, purpose-built football stadium in front of a capacity crowd with a huge TV audience looking on.

Pity the stadium belonged to their bitter rivals who aren't envious of them in the absolute very slightest totty wee tiny bit, and more than 80% the capacity crowd were the supporters of those bitter rivals, and their own ground's falling to bits about their ears, and they're so freakin bankrupt they haven't got a pot to piss in, and their bitter rivals haven't curled up and died, and don't look likely to do so any time soon ...

And the Bad Man from the faraway country with the silly name spends all day every day laughing himself silly at how utterly stupid and easily taken-in a bunch of football directors and players and supporters could be.

And the funniest thing is - the Bad Man from the faraway country with the funny name STILL has loads and loads of money that he stole from the silly wee football club. And nobody knows where the bad man is, or his money.

you are a bad bad man! :greengrin

Richibee
03-01-2014, 03:02 AM

Quality:D

Boyle89
03-01-2014, 03:49 AM

Amen!

Zazu62
03-01-2014, 06:48 AM
Having a peek over on kickback I can't see the thread about the attendance? Their really hurting about that I think .

20k +

Choke on that .

Pete
03-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Having a peek over on kickback I can't see the thread about the attendance? Their really hurting about that I think .

20k +

Choke on that .

I can't see anything either apart from that thread labeled "attendance" on the front page.

;-)

Lucius Apuleius
03-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Strangely enough the two seats beside me were empty again. They have been empty since the St Johnstone game. Very strange. To the roaster in the FF upper who asked my son why he was sitting there and where did he usually sit, not being happy with the reply that he worked virtually every Saturday so only made a few games a season told him he should have let a real supporter have the ticket instead of a part timer, I wish I had been over there to have a few words. In the very slight chance he posts on here, P 109 in the east mate and lets discuss it.

brog
03-01-2014, 07:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkaOIqo-65w

Just noticed wee fat Robbo showing a touch of class by congratulating TB & shaking hands of Hibs players as they left the park. Add that to his Usher Hall appearance & there may be hope for him yet!

jacomo
03-01-2014, 07:45 AM
The Scotsman didn't seem to think the attendance was worth commenting on in their reporting of the match this morning, nor the tremendous atmosphere.

Weird.

Onion
03-01-2014, 08:14 AM
The Scotsman didn't seem to think the attendance was worth commenting on in their reporting of the match this morning, nor the tremendous atmosphere.

Weird.

:agree: Not just the biggest derby crowd in Edinburgh in years, but in total contrast to the "Armageddon" predicted just 18 months ago. The New Firm and Edinburgh Derby sell outs is a story in itself.

E10 Rifle
03-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Strangely enough the two seats beside me were empty again. They have been empty since the St Johnstone game. Very strange. To the roaster in the FF upper who asked my son why he was sitting there and where did he usually sit, not being happy with the reply that he worked virtually every Saturday so only made a few games a season told him he should have let a real supporter have the ticket instead of a part timer, I wish I had been over there to have a few words. In the very slight chance he posts on here, P 109 in the east mate and lets discuss it.

That's poor show from that guy but I would just ignore. Many folk were in similar positions last night and the full-house, victory, and passionate performance (if not yet fully polished) should be enough to get a few more of us arm chair supporters back to ER this season and entice a few new ones down too. Has worked for me anyway...I'm going to go back for some more v St Mirren.

Diclonius
03-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Glad to see we've burst one of their longstanding bubbles, i.e. the "haw haw yous r aw dressed as empty seats we git way more fans than yous" one. Pleasing.

3pm
03-01-2014, 08:57 AM
If the wind keeps up, they might never get over 14,000 at Tynehassle. And they'll have no changing rooms.

Or the John Robertson Lounge.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Last night we burst every Hearts myth.

Welcome to a level playing field where you don't spend any more than what you either bring in or what you have in the bank.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Last night we burst every Hearts myth.

Welcome to a level playing field where you don't spend any more than what you either bring in or what you have in the bank.The roasters are getting royally wound up by the 'level-playing field'' talk. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
03-01-2014, 09:10 AM
The roasters are getting royally wound up by the 'level-playing field'' talk. :greengrin

Some chump got wound up on JKB and asked how it is a level playing field when they are debt free and we are £9m in debt. They just don't get it do they.

BOTH clubs are now paying all their debts as they fall due, paid for by their income or by the money they have in the bank. That, is a level playing field.

Ah, I give up.

29 points and 21 goals. Ram it, Jambos.

Lucius Apuleius
03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
That's poor show from that guy but I would just ignore. Many folk were in similar positions last night and the full-house, victory, and passionate performance (if not yet fully polished) should be enough to get a few more of us arm chair supporters back to ER this season and entice a few new ones down too. Has worked for me anyway...I'm going to go back for some more v St Mirren.

Unfortunately not much else I can do:greengrin

It is wrong on so many levels that it is actually pathetic. By the way, the bairn was in GG103 in section 24. The boy had a season ticket for years long before the FF became the FF. Unfortunately chefs in fine dining restaurants don't get many weekends off.

HibbySpurs
03-01-2014, 09:30 AM

Amen to that my brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Gatecrasher
03-01-2014, 09:44 AM
When was the last time we broke 20k?

matty_f
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Some chump got wound up on JKB and asked how it is a level playing field when they are debt free and we are £9m in debt. They just don't get it do they.

BOTH clubs are now paying all their debts as they fall due, paid for by their income or by the money they have in the bank. That, is a level playing field.

Ah, I give up.

29 points and 21 goals. Ram it, Jambos.

Hope you told the thick mutant that they're not debt free. The cva hasn't gone through (and when it does they're straight into debt, just less debt than they're in just now which is still upwards of £20m).

Ross4356
03-01-2014, 10:06 AM
When was the last time we broke 20k?

I believe it was this game from 1994 where we got beat 2-1 off them.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=16664

The same season they had 24k at Tynie for a league match but I'm not sure if that was the last time they bet last night attendance for a derby

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=16651

Gatecrasher
03-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I believe it was this game from 1994 where we got beat 2-1 off them.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=16664

The same season they had 24k at Tynie for a league match but I'm not sure if that was the last time they bet last night attendance for a derby

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=16651
Thanks for looking that up! :top marks

03-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Fantastic crowd! Will defo be a few walk ups that will be back after last night.

And for our wee jambo chums who seem to have some weird obsession with hibs attendances GIRFUY. A stadium, an atmostphere and crowd you lot could only dream of!

lucky
03-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Apparently they beat us 9-1 over 2 games in front on 90000. The fact they don't get this was a league and we were at home. Biggest crowd at a derby league in Edinburgh