PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings

J-C
02-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Williams 8......one great save, nothing he could do about goal

Forster 9.....when did he suddenly become a wing back, no need to look for a RB now, he's here
Nelson 7....solid enough but still pretty poor distribution, too many lumps up park
Hanlon 7...also solid and composed, playing with more confidence
McGivern 6.5...looking more like the player he was last season

Cairney 7...always looking for the ball, gets caught in possession a bit too much but looking sharper
Robertson 8....never stops working, complete box 2 box player
Craig 8....composed with a good left foot, his dead balls are a real threat, prefer to see him more attacking tho
Stevenson 8...suddenly he's become an attacking winger with a good final ball, well done

Cummings 7...lively, all over the front line, looks a good un
Collins 8...worked his socks of and deserved his goal, led the line, held up the ball and more confident

Heff 6....did ok but lack of games showing in his match sharpness, would rather give Handling a game tho
OTJ 3...adds nothing to the team, how Thomson can't get a game before him is a mystery as he's slower than a snail.
Stanton.....no time

Ref 8....let game flow and on another day could've seen the Hertz team be 2 men down with a few of the challenges going in

essexhibee
02-01-2014, 10:19 PM

Forster 9.....when did he suddenly become a wing back, no need to look for a RB now, he's here
Nelson 7....solid enough but still pretty poor distribution, too many lumps up park
McGivern 8...looking more like the player he was last season

Cairney 7...always looking for the ball, gets caught in possession a bit too much but looking sharper
Craig 8....composed with a good left foot, his dead balls are a real threat, prefer to see him more attacking tho
Stevenson 8...suddenly he's become an attacking winger with a good final ball, well done

Collins 8...worked his socks of and deserved his goal, led the line, held up the ball and more confident

Heff 6....did ok but lack of games showing in his match sharpness, would rather give Handling a game tho
OTJ 3...adds nothing to the team, how Thomson can't get a game before him is a mystery as he's slower than a snail.
Stanton.....no time

Ref 8....let game flow and on another day could've seen the Hertz team be 2 men down with a few of the challenges going in

I thought Jones was good when he came on. Very composed on the ball, bossed a few players off and was strong in the centre. And one a crucial header in defence in the end.

Agree with the rest of that though....opinions eh :greengrin

DaveHFC
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Williams - 7 - one great save, maybe could have done better at the goal (perhaps a tad a harsh, though!)
Forster - 8 - Excellent
Nelson - 7 - Solid but poor distribution
Hanlon - 8 - Composed performance
McGivern - 6 - Did enough but still not the player of last season, would probably prefer lewis in there if we had better wingers
Cairney - 7 - Always busy and a threat, would be some player if he had pace
Robertson - 8 - Never stopped, unlucky with injury
Craig - 6 - Not his best game imho, but very useful from set pieces, cool head for pen
Stevenson - 8 - Class act probable MOTM
Collins - 8 - Big, strong, hard working, deserved his goal
Cummings - 6.5 - Inexperience showed and times and should have scored in the 1st half, still looks an excellent prospect

Heffernan - 7 - Thought he made a difference when he came on, very clever player, glad he is back
Jones - 5 - meh
Stanton - ? - need to see more

Ref - dealt with it all very well, maybe could have sent someone in maroon off though

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-01-2014, 10:22 PM

McGivern 8...looking more like the player he was last season

Stanton.....no time

McGivern 8? :confused:

He's murder!

Hibs Class
02-01-2014, 10:22 PM
I thought Jones was good when he came on. Very composed on the ball, bossed a few players off and was strong in the centre. And one a crucial header in defence in the end.

Agree with the rest of that though....opinions eh :greengrin

Yeah, no way was Jones just a 3. Broadly agree with the rest of the ratings, it was noticeable again though how much McGivern needs to work on his crossing. Forster is putting in much better balls from the right side.

neil7908
02-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Williams - 6 (felt he could have done a little better at the Hearts goal but he most have been getting bored given how little he had to do)

Forster - 9 (probably my MotM, delighted he's back in the team after doing so well at the end of last season and great to see one of our fullbacks really getting forward)
Nelson - 7 (solid but his distribution needs to be improved)
Hanlon - 7 (strolled it)
McGivern - 6 (ok, still not 100% convinced by him either defensively or going forward)

Cairney - 7 (beginning to return to form and looks like our most dangerous player going forward. A little bit more incision in the final 1/3 and he would be a top player - I think Butcher may be the guy to get the best out of him)
Robertson - 8 (was absolutely everywhere and gave 100%)
Craig - 7 (really pleased for his goal but not his best performance tbh, felt like he could have added a bit more attacking threat)
Stevenson - 8 (worked his socks off and did fantastic to win the penalty. Loved him bursting down the wing in injury time to keep hold of the ball)

Collins - 8 (another player who looks like he would sweat blood for us and really delighted to see him score - I hope him and Heff can forge a decent partnership as I think he will get better with someone experienced alongside him)
Cummings - 6 (worked hard but should have done better with his chance in the first half - I think there is definitely a player in their but maybe not quite ready to be a regular starter in the first XI)

J-C
02-01-2014, 10:25 PM

He's murder!

TBH the more I think about it 6.5-7 was maybe a more realistic rating for McGivern, but definitely looking more like the player we thought he was.

merritthibees
02-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Going to give everyone a big fat 10/10 because I'm happy as Larry just now! :D

Billychaotic182
02-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Scott Robertson was outstanding
Lewie worked his socks off
Hanlon in the 1st half as brilliant and composed in the 2nd
These 3 were our best players

Benny Brazil
02-01-2014, 10:30 PM

He's murder!

I wouldnt quite say he was murder - but he doesnt instill confidence in me as left back - still question marks about him for me.

WellingtonHibby
02-01-2014, 10:30 PM

He's murder!

Thought McGivern was poor today. culpable for the goal, his clearances were poor and when he did overlap, his final ball was poor. Thought Hearts got more joy down his side than the right too.

Dont understand how Hanlon gets lower than him. He is growing into a fine CB. Strong in the tackle, decent balls out of defence and reads the game to cover for Nelsons lack of pace. i would give Hanlon an 8.

ScottB
02-01-2014, 10:32 PM
McGivern seemed to give the ball away rather often and was culpable for the goal, he needs to be doing better than that.

Thought everyone else put in a good shift, with Forster and Lewis the highlights. Still a bit of nervousness in front of goal for me, but it's much improved than how it was under Pat.

hibee_girl
02-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Williams 7 - good save early on but think he could have done better with their goal (just going on what I saw at the game, haven't seen replays yet)

Forster 9 - great game, it's brilliant to see him bombing up and down the pitch
Nelson 8 - solid
Hanlon 10 - strolled it yet again
McGivern 6 - he's so infuriating, his defending is fine and he links up well with Stevenson but he still continues to hammer the ball every time it comes near him, he doesn't take any time to think about anything

Cairney 7 - again didn't think it was his best game but he got more stuck into them in the 2nd half
Robertson 7 - good game
Craig 6 - barely noticed him if I'm honest, good penalty though
Stevenson 9 - another great game from Lewis

Cummings 7 - thought he was actually better than Collins until Collins scored.
Collins 8 - his goal was superb, didn't think much of him before he scored but after he was immense.

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Williams - 6 (felt he could have done a little better at the Hearts goal but he most have been getting bored given how little he had to do)

Forster - 9 (probably my MotM, delighted he's back in the team after doing so well at the end of last season and great to see one of our fullbacks really getting forward)
Nelson - 7 (solid but his distribution needs to be improved)
Hanlon - 7 (strolled it)
McGivern - 6 (ok, still not 100% convinced by him either defensively or going forward)

Cairney - 7 (beginning to return to form and looks like our most dangerous player going forward. A little bit more incision in the final 1/3 and he would be a top player - I think Butcher may be the guy to get the best out of him)
Robertson - 8 (was absolutely everywhere and gave 100%)
Craig - 7 (really pleased for his goal but not his best performance tbh, felt like he could have added a bit more attacking threat)
Stevenson - 8 (worked his socks off and did fantastic to win the penalty. Loved him bursting down the wing in injury time to keep hold of the ball)

Collins - 8 (another player who looks like he would sweat blood for us and really delighted to see him score - I hope him and Heff can forge a decent partnership as I think he will get better with someone experienced alongside him)
Cummings - 6 (worked hard but should have done better with his chance in the first half - I think there is definitely a player in their but maybe not quite ready to be a regular starter in the first XI)

Collins never an 8 he cost us the equaliser. Should have passed to the heff. Williams also just about cost us. And what about the sitter collins missed right at the end. Good work rate I do agree but he is there to score goals. Would rather he had poor workrate and was on double figures by now.

Brightside
02-01-2014, 10:40 PM
McGivern does me in.... need to fix LB. and i really wish Cairney would try and run past players. A great team performance. Hanlon and Forster were outstanding..and Craig had his best game for a long time. Cummings put in a great shift and just needed to be a bit more composed and he'd have scored a great goal.

Davy Mac
02-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Williams - 7 Get re-signed pronto

Forster - 8 Super footballer, really like him, looks reliable and love his commitment, unlucky with header
Nelson - 8 Brilliant big man, what a difference he's made since he returned
Hanlon - 9 Tremendous, looking a big time player, must be knocking on the door for Scotland
McGivern - 8 - Great contribution, won loads of 50/50's, headers, reads the game well, gets forward so well

Cairney - 7 - Busy, tenacious, sometimes untidy but kept going
Robertson - 7 Another super performance, hope he is ok as we really need him
Craig - 9 - Brilliant return to form, get in there Craig much better
Stevenson - 9 - Fantastic performance, pushed Craig for MOTM
Collins - 9 - For me his best performance in a Hibs shirt
Cummings - 8 Looks to be some player, great fitba brain and will come good

Heffernan - 6 - Gifted talent and it's like we've signed a new player
Jones - 5 Put him self about and did really well, should win more high balls than he does
Stanton - 1 nae time eh?

Ref - 6 Dinnae like any ref to be fair but I thought he did alright
Butch - 8 Get in there El Tel, friggin brilliant big man, congrats all round
Fans 9 - Great encouragement for the lads, a tad quiet after the ****bos scored but lifted again thereafter

ancient hibee
02-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Williams gave away the goal-poor attempt to save the first shot-most unlike him.

Stanton no time?Came on and laid on what should have been the third.

Good team performance but we should have won more easily-McDonald hardly had a save to make as we snatched at chances.

One thing sure-anyone that beats us will know they've been in a game-can't remember when central defence was as sound as it is now-well done Nelson and Hanlon.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2014, 11:35 PM
No real failures tonight but I think that McGivern is going to have to dig in a bit if he wants to keep his place in the team.

Big Ed
02-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Williams gave away the goal-poor attempt to save the first shot-most unlike him.

Stanton no time?Came on and laid on what should have been the third.

Good team performance but we should have won more easily-McDonald hardly had a save to make as we snatched at chances.

One thing sure-anyone that beats us will know they've been in a game-can't remember when central defence was as sound as it is now-well done Nelson and Hanlon.

Agree 100%

I'd also like to add that in my opinion, Robertson was MOTM.

wookie70
03-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Williams 6.5......Fantastic save early on but was at fault for their goal from the initial shot

Forster 8.....Superb tonight. Defended well and always looking to overlap. Some good crosses and unlucky with header off bar
Nelson 7....Played well but very square when their scorer waltzed passed him on the edge of our box
Hanlon 9...Fantastic again. Strong, attacking every ball and looking better every week. My MOTM
McGivern 5.5...all over the place at times. Never tracked runner and nearly cost us a goal early on. Let Walker get into the box too easily and got lucky that he dived rather than got to the bye line, Lost man again for header that flew past post and deflection that caused their goal. Harsh I know but he is the weak link at the back for me

Cairney 7...Some great skills and he really got wired in tonight. Benefits greatly from Jordan overlapping allowing him to cut inside
Robertson 8....Unlucky with injury but was superb up to that point. He must be murder to play against. Nippy and a bag of bones
Craig 7...better tonight and super cool for penalty
Stevenson 8...very good performance again. Chased a lost cause and it won us the game. Could have score again tonight. Looks like he is full of confidence

Cummings 7...great runs. Should have done better with chance n first half. I don't think he and Collins look like a partnership. Heff plays better with Collins imo
Collins 8...Really good goal. Movement was excellent to get a yard and drill it home. Should have scored late on and worries me how often he misses the target.

Heff 6....looked really sharp and seems to have a wee understanding with Collins
OTJ 6...Did well when he came on but we really miss Robertson's energy when he isn't playing
Stanton.....Hardly any time but set up a sitter for both Heff then Collins to miss. He looks like he deserves a bit more time

Ref - tried his best to keep his cards in his pocket and let the game flow but they got off lightly considering the amount of fouls they committed. Got the two big decisions right

Butcher another up and at them performance with a huge amounts of shots and crosses flying in. Even though they tried to rough us up I still feel we were physically stronger and more effective than them. Huge difference from the dull as ditch water days of Fenlon

Crowd Fantastic backing for the team and to be fair the Hearts fans did their bit too. Great atmosphere and a sell out crowd. To the numpty that threw the smoke bomb thanks for giving Hearts than extra minute to compose themselves after we scored.

MyJo
03-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Williams - 8 - hardly had to do anything and there was nothing he could of about the goal, had it covered until McGivern stuck his leg out.

Forster - 8.5 - the new Steven Whittaker.

Nelson - 8 - a brick wall in green and white

Hanlon - 8 - strolled it

McGivern - 6 - had a 'mare and owes lewis a pint

Cairney - 7.5 - dangerous driving at the opposition but needs to use the ball better when he gets to the box and needs to watch his temper, could easily have been red carded today.

Robertson - 8 - excellent, all over the park

Craig - 8.5 - controlled the midfield and perfect penalty under huge pressure

Stevenson - 9 - outstanding again

Cummings - 7 - did a lot of running but inexperience showed and had a tough time against the hammerthowers in maroon

Collins - 8 - superbly taken goal and caused them all sorts of problems. Should have buried that shot at the end though :greengrin

Heffernan - 7 - looked good and linked up well will Collins when he came on but it was clear he is still short of full fitness.
Jones - 7 - Didn't see him do much wrong and marshalled the midfield well when he came on
Stanton - n/a - no time really

Fans - 10 - superb effort to fill the stadium and great atmosphere

hibsbollah
03-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Williams 7 great early save and some good distribution. After just seeing the highlights he should have done better with the goal though.

McGivern 7
Hanlon 9 he's on a great run of form and just immense tonight. MOTM.
Nelson 7 ropey first half, improved second.
Forster 8 can i stop hearing 'he's never a right back' now? A new dimension in attack as well.

Cairney 8
Robertson 7
Craig 8 excellent dead ball deliveries, a proper captain.
Stevenson 8

Collins 7 outstanding finish.
cummings 7 fast and hardworking. Impressive again.

Subs
OTJ didn't give possession away once IIRC.Did well.
Stanton, a few minutes only.
Heffernan, good to see him back, should have scored though.

Butcher 10/10
sunshine on Leith at full time 10/10

:flag::flag::flag:Don't want to go to bed yet. Thank you Hibs:drunk:

truehibernian
03-01-2014, 12:44 AM
**** that, when can we play them again - can we organise a friendly ?

Love beating them, love it !!

Can't wait til the next one.