PDA

View Full Version : Collins

sleeping giant
02-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Was involved in everything. Got fouled nearly everytime he touched the ball and not afraid to stick his head in where it hurts.
Really Chuffed for him scoring. Thought he had a good game.

essexhibee
02-01-2014, 08:47 PM
How he missed at the end I'll never know.

But he scored a crucial goal. Won everything. Held up the ball brilliant and bought fouls all over the pitch. Was a massive influence in the game.

Buzzing for him!!

pontius pilate
02-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Excellent for him he played really well. Held up the ball and was tireless in his running. Lewis probably sneaked the M.O.M for me though

sleeping giant
02-01-2014, 08:58 PM

But he scored a crucial goal. Won everything. Held up the ball brilliant and bought fouls all over the pitch. Was a massive influence in the game.

Buzzing for him!!

Not fearful about having a shot either. I really like him and think he'll be first pick most weeks.

Mon the Hibs :-)

Wotherspiniesta
02-01-2014, 08:59 PM
He was an absolute beast today. Strong, clever link up, drawed fouls, scored a great goal and is deceptively quick. I think he enjoyed that goal btw. Hard to tell.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2014, 09:00 PM
He looked quite tidy with Heffernan when he came on as well which bodes well.

Thought Tudor Jones done well when coming on as well.

HibsNZ
02-01-2014, 09:00 PM
He was my man of the match, thought he was outstanding, and so was the Hibs support!

sleeping giant
02-01-2014, 09:01 PM
He was an absolute beast today. Strong, clever link up, drawed fouls, scored a great goal and is deceptively quick. I think he enjoyed that goal btw. Hard to tell.

Great to see his celebration and reaction of his team mates.
Well deserved goal.

WestEndHibee
02-01-2014, 09:02 PM
All of the above and the fact that he didn't react to any of hearts minging tackles. Always liked him and at 23 I reckon we've got a lot more to come.

hibIBZ
02-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Best performance so far for hibs. Very intelligent play, held up the ball well, won several free kicks and right place for his goal

YehButNoBut
02-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Had a good game but still many flaws, should have had a 2nd at the end and gave the ball away which lead to the Hearts goal.

Saying that his goal was superb and do think he can form a great partnership with Heff.

Well played JC. :tbgwa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-4aLaLueA

Pretty Boy
02-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Had a good game but still many flaws, should have had a 2nd at the end and gave the ball away which lead to the Hearts goal.

Saying that his goal was superb and do think he can form a great partnership with Heff.

That's some finish btw.

sleeping giant
02-01-2014, 09:08 PM

Gets better everytime I see it.

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2014, 09:09 PM

If he is, expect a bid from Hearts when their signing ban is lifted.

SaulGoodman
02-01-2014, 09:12 PM
If he is, expect a bid from Hearts when their signing ban is lifted.

300k should do it.

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Heffernan and Collins will be really effective together now that we are getting more balls into the box.

It's all getting so much better :)

California-Hibs
02-01-2014, 09:25 PM
He's been like a new signing ever since Butcher came in! His control, touch, passing, heading, dribbling, has all improved immensely!

I was one of the ones starting to have some doubts, but on the last few outings he's changed my opinion big time! What a goal to opening the scoring tonight, so pleased for him, his drought couldn't have ended against a better team!

SunshineOnLeith
02-01-2014, 09:31 PM
At the game I never realised just how good the finish was! Wow!

He was my man of the match, absolutely bossed their whole back four, and midfield at times. Miss at the end was a shocker though haha!

jacomo
02-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Gets better everytime I see it.

Agreed, fine goal but a way to go with Collins I feel. His touch and decision making is suspect at times.

But well done tonight and he's earning his place with effort and commitment.

Weststandwanab
02-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Excellent for him he played really well. Held up the ball and was tireless in his running. Lewis probably sneaked the M.O.M for me thoughLewis more than sneaked it past Collins in my opinion

Great to see his celebration and reaction of his team mates.
Well deserved goal. Absolutely epic that was looking for seeing that on Sportscene

Gets better everytime I see it. I have to concede that too !

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Super intelligent play from Collins at that corner. Take a bow son.

LaMotta
02-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Agreed, fine goal but a way to go with Collins I feel. His touch and decision making is suspect at times.

:agree:

Good finish tonight and his work rate is fantastic. Lacks quality though, but don't care tonight :flag:

Seveno
02-01-2014, 10:03 PM
That was a brilliant finish considering he was surrounded by Jamboids. Shame he didn't double his tally at the end.

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Played well but just aboot caused us the result. Heff was clean through but he tried to beat 1 to many they go up the park and score and what aboot the sitter he missed rigjt at the end. He tries hard but isnae prolific. Would rather have a lazy bugger and he was on double figures

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2014, 10:06 PM

Agreed. His touch can be really heavy at times but he works so hard that you cut him a bit of slack.

Seekyit
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
He was MOM the day.

Got every pass to him under control and did something with it.

Oh, and he scored as well. :greengrin

Beefster
02-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Was involved in everything. Got fouled nearly everytime he touched the ball and not afraid to stick his head in where it hurts.
Really Chuffed for him scoring. Thought he had a good game.

Collins is going to be a great player for us, despite the super scouts at the games who think he's pish.

I reckon he wasn't expecting Heffernan to leave/miss it and the ball was coming at him at pace. I thought he did well to get it almost on target.

Hibby Bairn
02-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Opinions eh! Most round about us thought he was poor...esp decision making on the ball. I think he was coming off for Heffernan before he scored.

hibee_girl
02-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Opinions eh! Most round about us thought he was poor...esp decision making on the ball. I think he was coming off for Heffernan before he scored.

:agree:

Me and my cousin were just saying we'd take him off and leave Cummings on, then he scored :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I ****ing love him! :thumbsup::agree::greengrin:not worth:love ya!::thumbsup::thumbsup::love ya!::aok:

What is it with you and Hibs strikers haha

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2014, 10:16 PM
I reckon he wasn't expecting Heffernan to leave/miss it and the ball was coming at him at pace. I thought he did well to get it almost on target.

I agree - he needs to start anticipating/expecting the ball - it was the same with a header he had in the 2nd half, it just hit him in the head as he thought the defender would clear it.

There's a player in there though.

Kaff
02-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Played well but just aboot caused us the result. Heff was clean through but he tried to beat 1 to many they go up the park and score and what aboot the sitter he missed rigjt at the end. He tries hard but isnae prolific. Would rather have a lazy bugger and he was on double figures
I guarantee Butcher disagrees with you, there were no lazy players tonight and I don't think you'll see many in his tenure

E10 Rifle
02-01-2014, 10:19 PM
If he'd scored the third at the end I would have agreed...but there's a way to go with him as the previous poster says. Still, we won, he scored, happy as.

sleeping giant
02-01-2014, 10:20 PM
I guarantee Butcher disagrees with you, there were no lazy players tonight and I don't think you'll see many in his tenure

I agree. Butcher expects everything they have and more.
I can't see work ethic ever being a problem under Butcher.

Itsnoteasy
02-01-2014, 10:32 PM

I think if you had seen his reaction when hertz had scored he was calling collins everything under the sun FACT

Jonnyboy
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM

Was never gonna happen. It was always going to be Cummings that made way for the Heff

LaMotta
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
I think if you had seen his reaction when hertz had scored he was calling collins everything under the sun FACT

Butcher wasnt the only one :greengrin

Kaff
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM

OK I defer to your view of that but there is no way Terry would accept a lazy player upfront, I do appreciate you said double figures for a cf but IMO Collins will be such a player under Butcher. That's two in eight so a season under Butcher should be around 10?

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 11:40 PM
His goal reminded me of the Mixu goal in the 6-2 game.

Worked hard tonight - should have scored more but is improving / looking more settled and it's good to have a striker who can hold the ball up and link others into the game.

Well done :top marks

WestEndHibee
03-01-2014, 12:14 AM
As others have mentioned before, Billy MacKay and Michael Higdon struggled for goals in their first SPL season and then went on to be pretty prolific. 4 goals so far isn't that bad, and the work he does is valuable in itself. I've no doubt that the goals will come more frequently as the season progresses.

:agree: Lets not forget how both Robertson and Claros were written off as useless on this site in their first term at hibs. He's young and showing signs of a pretty good player, give it time.

Nevi_SOL
03-01-2014, 12:55 AM
I'm Still undecided about him. but if he keeps up performance's like that and in previous weeks I'll be more than happy. just to point out im not a boo boy with him. :top marksfor effort for all the boys tonight

IWasThere2016
03-01-2014, 12:58 AM
I like him. He'll be a different player post-Butcher's appointment. Fancied him to be the difference and had him for first goalscorer, and had a hunch he'd get two tonight.

Saorsa
03-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Good player, gets my vote :thumbsup:

Borderhibbie76
03-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Said all along theres a player in there...now he is finally getting service (let's b honest ge got none under fenlon) he is showing why we paid a fee.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Saorsa
03-01-2014, 01:28 AM
I love Collins :thumbsup: just saying like :greengrin

**** the h****s

hfc rd
03-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Certainly shut those yams up tonight. Really happy for the guy as he deserved that goal.

DAVE1875
03-01-2014, 03:01 AM
6 men couldnae mark, couldnae mark Collins :singing:

PeterboroHibee
03-01-2014, 06:51 AM

I like him and think hes vastly improved under Butcher, but I didnt think he was at his best last night (despite finally scoring). Hopefully the goal gives him some more confidence though, he seems to have at least 2 or 3 really good chances a game and just hasnt been scoring them!

davemcbain
03-01-2014, 07:05 AM
When you next watch a replay of that goal, take a look at the keeper as the cross comes in.....he was at around 45 degrees shoving Collins - outrageous and made the goal and Collins strength all the sweeter.

Ronniekirk
03-01-2014, 08:40 AM
That was a brilliant finish considering he was surrounded by Jamboids. Shame he didn't double his tally at the end.
That's his type of goal When he has a clean effort on goal with no one near him he doesn't seem to give the impression he is confident he will score but something for Maurice to work on Still think we need. Another Striker but when Heff came on he is Teflon Everything Sticks to him So might be a partnership there and if he had been fit and started we might have got the bigger win we were hoping for Maybe next time

Hibby Bairn
03-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Was never gonna happen. It was always going to be Cummings that made way for the Heff

He didn't start the 2nd half that well JB and after another poor decision trying to take the RB on and failing, TB immediately called for Heffernan. Between that and Heffernan coming on Collins scored.

I think TB should have waited 5 mins and then made the sub rather than switching plans and taking Cummings off (instead of the originally planned Collins). The game was developing well for Cummings to get his first goal and he was playing well. IMO he is better than Collins at taking the ball to feet and bringing others into the game...takes up better positions and will score more goals.