PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Whether he starts or comes on as a sub, I get a feeling he'll be on the scoresheet tonight.

DaveF
02-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Tonight is his night. I can feel it in my belhaven best.

McHibby
02-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Aye, I've got some cash on him to score tonight :agree:

lyonhibs
02-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Aye, I've got some cash on him to score tonight :agree:

On evidence thus far, the bookie will be keeping your money

Ryan69
02-01-2014, 07:42 PM
On evidence thus far, the bookie will be keeping your money

Good young player...providing Heffernan is not brought on early. I'm reckon he may well score.

lyonhibs
02-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Serious question but is he left or right footed?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
02-01-2014, 07:47 PM
I think he looks dangerous, first derby and unlucky not to score, been a good first 45

Think some people expect to much sometimes. When the second half opens up he will get better

Scooter
02-01-2014, 09:23 PM
I like the look of him a wee bit composure and he would have scored. Looks a good prospect

Benny Brazil
02-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I thought first half he was far more dangerous than Collins - he should have scored with that chance - second half he faded a bit and was good timing by Butcher to bring the Heff on.

hibee_girl
02-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I've been really impressed with Cummings, he's much stronger than you'd expect a young player to be and has quite clearly got bags of talent, his goal will come soon.

I only found out today that he was playing for Hutchison Vale last season!

Brightside
02-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Super player. We missed his pace and energy when he had to go off. Hamill was at him the whole game.

Stuarty27
02-01-2014, 09:43 PM
I thought he was excellent the whole game and was really unlucky to be taken off.

CyberSauzee
02-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Whether he starts or comes on as a sub, I get a feeling he'll be on the scoresheet tonight.

Liar!

But I agree with the above sentiments. He looked excellent tonight and I was disappointed when he came off.

Hit the bar with a header and got stage fright (and I mean that in a kind way) when he got through on goal.

Much more to come. Hopefully for years in a Hibs shirt.

TRC
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
his style of movement reminds me of d.sheils

lucky
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Played well, got a very good touch but a wee bit lightweight. But if he continues to progress he is going to be some player when he gets stronger

brog
02-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Liar!

But I agree with the above sentiments. He looked excellent tonight and I was disappointed when he came off.

Hit the bar with a header and got stage fright (and I mean that in a kind way) when he got through on goal.

Much more to come. Hopefully for years in a Hibs shirt.

Youre spot on CS, as usual of course. :wink: I saw the lad when I was up for Partick game, missed from a yard with his 1st touch but didn't let it faze him one bit. He's going to be a big player for the Hibs, oh & he's definitely left footed, our first striker since Keith?

Billy Whizz
02-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Done fine in my opinion. Better than all the so called Hearts youngsters

spudhib
02-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Youre spot on CS, as usual of course. :wink: I saw the lad when I was up for Partick game, missed from a yard with his 1st touch but didn't let it faze him one bit. He's going to be a big player for the Hibs, oh & he's definitely left footed, our first striker since Keith?
Pretty sure a certain freescoring striker of recent years was left footed lol.

Weststandwanab
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Super player. We missed his pace and energy when he had to go off. Hamill was at him the whole game. Indeed he was but he never rose to the bait of being assaulted nor hid from the Jambo choob.

inglisavhibs
02-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Played well, got a very good touch but a wee bit lightweight. But if he continues to progress he is going to be some player when he gets stronger
He is anything but lightweight. He holds the ball in under pressure better than most at Easter Road.

hibee_girl
02-01-2014, 10:15 PM

He's certainly not lightweight, he's one of the strongest in the team.

brog
02-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure a certain freescoring striker of recent years was left footed lol.

Of course you're correct but, pedantically :wink:, I was only thinking of signed rather than loaned players.

Mon Dieu4
02-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Of course you're correct but, pedantically :wink:, I was only thinking of signed rather than loaned players.

Mixu and Zitelli

The Sea-gull
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Think he could be good but he has had a few starts now and no goals so needs one soon. Had a few tasty young female fans in the crowd tonight though if you like only way is Essex style young birds. Good luck to the laddie!

brog
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Mixu and Zitelli

Great stuff, Zitellis goal at Perth is one of the finest I have ever seen. IIRC was his first for us.

Mon Dieu4
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM
STEVEN FLETCHER!! :agree::greengrin

Haha left him out on purpose, was waiting on you!!

Heisenberg
02-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Just needs that first goal for a bit of confidence. Looks a player otherwise.

greenlex
02-01-2014, 10:39 PM
We weren't as good when he was replaced.

Carheenlea
02-01-2014, 10:45 PM
He is going to be a huge player for us, that I have no doubt. He's having a frustrating wait on breaking his duck, but after that first goal is dispatched they will be flying in from all over the place :agree:

brog
02-01-2014, 10:46 PM
STEVEN FLETCHER!! :agree::greengrin

Im afraid the speedball of antibiotics plus port has affected my normally peerless judgement :wink: still, at least it's helping provide some happy memories. So we're all agreed, Jason is our first left footed striker since Keith, apart from Mixu, David Z, Fletch or Leigh! :greengrin Any more?

Alfred E Newman
02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
You have got to remember that Jason was playing East of Scotland League football up to a month ago.
I am sure he has a big future in a Hibs jersey and he put in a great shift tonight.

cat1875
02-01-2014, 10:55 PM
I thought he was excellent the whole game and was really unlucky to be taken off.

heard a wee rumour from someone on the bench it was Collins coming off not cummings then they changed there mind when Collins scored from the corner !

CyberSauzee
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Im afraid the speedball of antibiotics plus port has affected my normally peerless judgement :wink: still, at least it's helping provide some happy memories. So we're all agreed, Jason is our first left footed striker since Keith, apart from Mixu, David Z, Fletch or Leigh! :greengrin Any more?

Gary O. Deek?

You daft git!!! Have some more port.

truehibernian
02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
heard a wee rumour from someone on the bench it was Collins coming off not cummings then they changed there mind when Collins scored from the corner !

Your rumour was correct.

MyJo
02-01-2014, 11:38 PM

Just watched the recorded sky coverage and the commentators said it was Cummings that was coming off as soon as we seen heffernan getting ready

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 11:46 PM
He did well tonight - and will keep getting better :agree:

He has a very good left foot and just needs a goal and I am sure his confidence will grow. :aok:

WestEndHibee
03-01-2014, 12:06 AM

He has a very good left foot and just needs a goal and I am sure his confidence will grow. :aok:

:agree: Definitely. A real gem of a player from what I've seen, the most encouraging thing after his work rate is that most of the time he's in exactly the right place. As soon as he feels a bit more natural in the team he'll (hopefully) start banging them in. Very encouraging.

hfc rd
03-01-2014, 01:12 AM

This.

Shrekko
03-01-2014, 01:20 AM
I think this boy has a great chance of becoming a top player. He has been far more willing than guys like Caldwell and Handling IMO to really try and make something happen himself and I love some of his link up play. He just looks hungry. Appears to be a natural goal scorer, so I see no reason why it won't happen for him at this level.