PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 2 v 1 Them (Collins, Craig pen) FTGIRUY

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jacomo
03-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Being hypercritical - and it is hypercritical for a team that's had 5 clean sheets in 8 and only 3 goals conceded in the other 3 - I have thought for a while that McGivern is a weak link in the back four and I think tonight exemplified that.

Hearts two best chances of the game - Tapping's early opportunity and McKay's sitter of a header from the corner in the second half - involved Ryan losing his man both times. I have also said before that he is beaten on the deck far too easily - although Walker was rightly booked for a dive in the penalty incident, he still went past McGivern as if he wasn't there, he was caught too square again.

A few weeks ago I wanted Stevenson at LB ahead of McGivern, but as Lewis has put in two superb left midfield performances (as opposed to a guy just being asked to fill in there as a stop gap) in the last two games, I am happy for the two of them to stay where they are - the two of them do have a good understanding also, just as Cairney and Forster do on the other side.

I do think McGivern is better at CH, but as Forster is also naturally a CH, we do have very good height in the back four, which is good for us at both ends of the park. Forster and McGivern also get forward very well and bring a great natural balance to the side, as do Lewis and Paul ahead of them.

RMcG is Hanlons natural competition for the left-sided CB. He does seem a bit lost at LB but he should be good enough to do better in that position.

Speedway
03-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Being hypercritical - and it is hypercritical for a team that's had 5 clean sheets in 8 and only 3 goals conceded in the other 3 - I have thought for a while that McGivern is a weak link in the back four and I think tonight exemplified that.

Hearts two best chances of the game - Tapping's early opportunity and McKay's sitter of a header from the corner in the second half - involved Ryan losing his man both times. I have also said before that he is beaten on the deck far too easily - although Walker was rightly booked for a dive in the penalty incident, he still went past McGivern as if he wasn't there, he was caught too square again.

A few weeks ago I wanted Stevenson at LB ahead of McGivern, but as Lewis has put in two superb left midfield performances (as opposed to a guy just being asked to fill in there as a stop gap) in the last two games, I am happy for the two of them to stay where they are - the two of them do have a good understanding also, just as Cairney and Forster do on the other side.

I do think McGivern is better at CH, but as Forster is also naturally a CH, we do have very good height in the back four, which is good for us at both ends of the park. Forster and McGivern also get forward very well and bring a great natural balance to the side, as do Lewis and Paul ahead of them.

I'm interested in this comment Stevie, I've never seen McGivern at CH; have you seen him play there for Norn Iron?

hibee_girl
03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm interested in this comment Stevie, I've never seen McGivern at CH; have you seen him play there for Norn Iron?

He played there for us a few times last season, didn't he?

scoopyboy
03-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Have to say the team were all great tonight but Lewis again was exceptional, fighting for everything, but the fans were immense fantastic atmosphere and the rendition of Sunshine on Leith at the end was amazing, well done to the 12th man!!

Agree with all of that.

My point however is that many have lambasted the club for building the East Stand.

The financial argument I can understand but for me those claiming the atmosphere is crap and nowhere near as good as the old East should now give up that line of thought.

Sitting in the West (since it was rebuilt) the scenes and atmosphere were brilliant watching the East last night, better than I have previously witnessed.

Spike Mandela
03-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Agree with all of that.

My point however is that many have lambasted the club for building the East Stand.

The financial argument I can understand but for me those claiming the atmosphere is crap and nowhere near as good as the old East should now give up that line of thought.

Sitting in the West (since it was rebuilt) the scenes and atmosphere were brilliant watching the East last night, better than I have previously witnessed.

I imagine Rod Petrie purring with delight with cream dripping off his mouser last night at the sight of the packed stadium.

Fergus52
03-01-2014, 12:28 PM
He played there for us a few times last season, didn't he?

yeah he did, always looked pretty strong there.

He is quite tidy on the ball though, if he can improve his crossing he'll be a very good left back.

matty_f
03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Agree with all of that.

Absolutely. That was as good an atmosphere as I can remember at Easter Road. The East looked absolutely spectacular.

poolman
03-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Is Stevenson related to the great Eric? Oldies will remember his consummate skills in the penalty area!

Ahhh, I mind Eric, great left winger

Ronniekirk
03-01-2014, 07:19 PM
McGirven was poor most of the night and lost his man time and time again at set pieces. His distribution was poor. But he is being carried by his team mates at the moment. Hopefully finds his form soon. Lewis is too small for LB. CFs pull out to him and look to dominate him in the air
McGivern is turning out to be the weak link He needs to step up a gear as even my wife when I got home said that he was poor.and a liability

Ronniekirk
03-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Absolutely. That was as good an atmosphere as I can remember at Easter Road. The East looked absolutely spectacular.
I am normally in section 44 but was in section 38 nearly section 37 and it wasn't that same The sound doesn't carry that well .There were times I could hear they fuds out singing us Think these huge high roofs on stands aren't conducive to good acoustics .But agree probably looking across at it from main stand would be mighty impressive :tbgwa:

Onceinawhile
03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
I am normally in section 44 but was in section 38 nearly section 37 and it wasn't that same The sound doesn't carry that well .There were times I could hear they fuds out singing us Think these huge high roofs on stands aren't conducive to good acoustics .But agree probably looking across at it from main stand would be mighty impressive :tbgwa:

But you could be in section 43 in the old east and not hear section 42! Fwiw, I was in or around section 38 and didn't think there was much atmosphere at all tbh. (Compared to what other people seem to be suggesting).