PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

Tom Hart RIP
02-01-2014, 10:24 AM
TB watched Raith Rovers v Livingston last weekend and before the game told Callum that he was looking forward to seeing him at pre season training.
I hope that gives him some encouragement and he turns up fit and raring to go.

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 10:28 AM
E=Tom Hart RIP;3852075]TB watched Raith Rovers v Livingston last weekend and before the game told Callum that he was looking forward to seeing him at pre season training.
I hope that gives him some encouragement and he turns up fit and raring to go.[/QUOTE]
Good man management skills giving player encouragement and keeping option open for return Can Butcherdo no wrong Seems to be getting most things right

Mikeystewart
02-01-2014, 10:41 AM
If TB's effect on Stevenson and Hanlon is anything to go by then i'd be delighted to see Booth come back and fulfil his early promise.

Weststandwanab
02-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Good to read that, I hope it works out for Mr. Booth.

Winston Ingram
02-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Great news

offshorehibby
02-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Dose Callum still train at EM's. I know most of the youngsters who go out on loan to part time clubs train at EM's and with their clubs when ever they train

Heedersnvolleys
02-01-2014, 11:58 AM
TB watched Raith Rovers v Livingston last weekend and before the game told Callum that he was looking forward to seeing him at pre season training.
I thought he was in his last 6 months of his contract?

snooky
02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I thought he was in his last 6 months of his contract?

Iirc, he has another year to go on his contract after this one.
I thought Calum showed a bit of class when he made his 1st team debut and scored a peach of a goal to boot. I'd like to see him back at ER now but I would imagine Raith will be wanting to hold on to him for as long as they can.

Stuarty27
02-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Booth was excellent when he first broke thru, thought he was a stick on to be the next big thing.

Think he has just go engaged maybe that will sort him out.

People talked about his supposed bad attitude.... It wasn't that he was going out getting smashed,breaking the law and missing training, it was his general personality. If he was anymore laid back he would be horizontal! Makes him appear that he doesn't give a sh*t.

Billychaotic182
02-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Great news

--------
02-01-2014, 01:04 PM

Excellent. There's a player in that young man. Butcher stated when he came that everyone on the playing staff wa starting with a clean sheet, and he obviously meant it.

AK86
02-01-2014, 01:18 PM
It was that professor of football mr Pat Fenlon who didn't fancy his football talents much. He did however give Kuqi a one year deal. :confused:

So I think Booth deserves another chance. ( and Fenlon should be charged with crimes against football , )

Mark79
02-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Dose Callum still train at EM's. I know most of the youngsters who go out on loan to part time clubs train at EM's and with their clubs when ever they train

I think raith are full time are they not?

Tricla
02-01-2014, 03:21 PM
It was that professor of football mr Pat Fenlon who didn't fancy his football talents much. He did however give Kuqi a one year deal. :confused:

So I think Booth deserves another chance. ( and Fenlon should be charged with crimes against football , )

You love a dig at PF don't you!

Beefster
02-01-2014, 03:22 PM
You love a dig at PF don't you!

Most digs at Fenlon are justified though!

Spike Mandela
03-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Can Callum play for Raith on Saturday or will the terms of the loan deal prevent it?

Billy Whizz
03-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Can Callum play for Raith on Saturday or will the terms of the loan deal prevent it?

I wouldn't have thought he would be able to play against us?
What about Fraser Mullen? He was initially going on loan, but it was then changed to a permanent deal

JimBHibees
03-02-2014, 04:15 PM
What about Fraser Mullen? He was initially going on loan, but it was then changed to a permanent deal

Booth I would assume No, Mullen if permanent will be yes.

Andy74
03-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Put it this way - if he hadn't started here and we were being linked with Callum Booth based on his Raith performances - who would be thinking it was a good move?

I haven't heard of him being a stand out at that level and added to the way he struggled in his last few months with us I can't see him making it here. He did look handy going forward with the ball but he looked very suspect defensively and he appeared to be pretty fragile where fight and confidence were concerned.

superfurryhibby
03-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Put it this way - if he hadn't started here and we were being linked with Callum Booth based on his Raith performances - who would be thinking it was a good move?

I haven't heard of him being a stand out at that level and added to the way he struggled in his last few months with us I can't see him making it here. He did look handy going forward with the ball but he looked very suspect defensively and he appeared to be pretty fragile where fight and confidence were concerned.

He's still only 22. Pitched into the first team when he was 18-19 and initially looked like he had all the attributes. Then it all went pear shaped for him under Fenlon.

I don't feel he has really been given a decent crack at proving himself at ER, which seems strange. Given the improvements seen in some players under Butcher, I'd be hoping Booth fulfils the promise he showed early on in his HIbs career. I'm sure he has grown a bit mentally tougher and more experienced since his initial spell in the first team at Hibs. It was hard to shine in a team that was truly awful. Other players have left ER and gone on to enjoy more productive spells elsewhere (Sproule and Rankin spring to mind).

allmodcons
03-02-2014, 04:59 PM

Most digs at Fenlon are justified though!

Can't see why everyone wants to have a dig at Pat Fenlon.
No point having Calum Booth sitting on Hibs bench when we had Pa Kujabi in at left back :greengrin.

Eyrie
03-02-2014, 06:23 PM
He's still only 22. Pitched into the first team when he was 18-19 and initially looked like he had all the attributes. Then it all went pear shaped for him under Fenlon.

I don't feel he has really been given a decent crack at proving himself at ER, which seems strange. Given the improvements seen in some players under Butcher, I'd be hoping Booth fulfils the promise he showed early on in his HIbs career. I'm sure he has grown a bit mentally tougher and more experienced since his initial spell in the first team at Hibs. It was hard to shine in a team that was truly awful. Other players have left ER and gone on to enjoy more productive spells elsewhere (Sproule and Rankin spring to mind).

Maybe successive managers have looked at him and decided that he isn't good enough at this point. Fenlon at least gave him a chance to show what he can do at a lower level with Raith and it's up to Booth to justify the blind faith some on here have in his potential by being a stand out at that level. If he can't manage that much then he won't be good enough for us full stop.

Seveno
03-02-2014, 07:23 PM

I liked Booth but it went 'pear shaped' when the opposition exploited his lack of pace. IMO he was always more likely to succeeds in midfield.

Deek01
03-02-2014, 07:31 PM
I spoke to a Raith player recently who told me that Booth was allowed to play against Hibs in the cup.

Saorsa
04-02-2014, 12:23 PM

Booth I would assume No, Mullen if permanent will be yes.

I spoke to a Raith player recently who told me that Booth was allowed to play against Hibs in the cup.Confirmed HERE (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/callum-booth-gets-green-light-to-face-hibs-1-3293486) :agree:

Billy Whizz
04-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Confirmed HERE (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/callum-booth-gets-green-light-to-face-hibs-1-3293486) :agree:

I find this incredible

Wheat Hound
04-02-2014, 12:28 PM
well that's great.......get knocked out the cup but our own player potentially.....who allowed that to happen? surely should have been a basic clause in his loan contract?

Billy Whizz
04-02-2014, 12:30 PM
well that's great.......get knocked out the cup but our own player potentially.....who allowed that to happen? surely should have been a basic clause in his loan contract?

Or a gentleman's agreement. I wonder how Booth feels about this

Saorsa
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
I find this incredibleLooks like them's the rules so unless there's some sort of personal agreement between the clubs in the contract......

superfurryhibby
04-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Maybe successive managers have looked at him and decided that he isn't good enough at this point. Fenlon at least gave him a chance to show what he can do at a lower level with Raith and it's up to Booth to justify the blind faith some on here have in his potential by being a stand out at that level. If he can't manage that much then he won't be good enough for us full stop.

My faith in his ability is having watched him play and shine in a very mediocre Hibs team, when he was 18-19 years old. TBF I didn't buy a season ticker for the season after, when he got punted on loan to Livi, so I didn't see the rapid decline in his first team worth. I don't think Fenlon fancied him, for whatever reason. I think the point I made about others doing well once released applies, Rankin and Sproule both did that at new clubs (Sproule initially, before injury).

It's not always easy for players to shine, even at lower levels, especially when playing in poor sides.

Given the poor standard of player who have had opportunities at ER in the two seasons past, I'll stick with my view that Booth is a good footballer and rather strangely hasn't had a fair crack at proving it at Hibs.

--------
04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
My faith in his ability is having watched him play and shine in a very mediocre Hibs team, when he was 18-19 years old. TBF I didn't buy a season ticker for the season after, when he got punted on loan to Livi, so I didn't see the rapid decline in his first team worth. I don't think Fenlon fancied him, for whatever reason. I think the point I made about others doing well once released applies, Rankin and Sproule both did that at new clubs (Sproule initially, before injury).

It's not always easy for players to shine, even at lower levels, especially when playing in poor sides.

Given the poor standard of player who have had opportunities at ER in the two seasons past, I'll stick with my view that Booth is a good footballer and rather strangely hasn't had a fair crack at proving it at Hibs.

Well, if he's playing for Raith in the Cuptie, I suspect we'll find out exactly how good he is on Saturday ....

Probably score a hat-trick. :rolleyes:

S4uzee
04-02-2014, 12:57 PM
I find this incredible

Shocking IMO, he seems to get a game for them so they would've had to reshuffle a bit but obviously not now

Leishy1995
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
If he really was Hibs weak link due to his "lack of pace" we'll find out if this is true when he plays against Watmore, assuming he is played.

GreenPJ
04-02-2014, 01:10 PM
We presumably put him out on loan to get some game time, build the confidence and try to improve with a regular game. The only way we will find out if he is up to SPL standard is to play against SPL teams. It also allows TB and us to see exactly how he compares to someone who is in the position now at the club.

If we get knocked out on Saturday it won't be because Callum Booth played or didn't it will be because we didn't play to our potential.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2014, 01:13 PM
We presumably put him out on loan to get some game time, build the confidence and try to improve with a regular game. The only way we will find out if he is up to SPL standard is to play against SPL teams. It also allows TB and us to see exactly how he compares to someone who is in the position now at the club.

If we get knocked out on Saturday it won't be because Callum Booth played or didn't it will be because we didn't play to our potential.

Still think it puts a bit of unfair pressure on Booth. If he has a stinker it could affect his Hibs career, if he plays out of his skin, we could be out of the cup

silverhibee
04-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I find this incredible

Why, it is explained that it is only league games that he would be excluded from if he goes out on loan so Hibs must have been happy with this agreement, nothing to do with Booth and as a pro footballer he will do his best for Raith this weekend.

If anyone feels that this decision is wrong then it ain't Booths fault and he shouldn't come in for any criticism before during or after the game from Hibs fans regarding him playing in this game, whoever done the contract at Hibs would be the one to blame, an agreement that he can play in the cup competition's but if Hibs are drawn against Raith then the player doesn't play against us, that hasn't happened so he plays against us on Saturday, not Booths fault here.

GreenPJ
04-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Still think it puts a bit of unfair pressure on Booth. If he has a stinker it could affect his Hibs career, if he plays out of his skin, we could be out of the cup

If he plays out of his skin and we are knocked out then the crumb of comfort is we have a player still on our books who appears to be a real option for us. He should be feeling pressure if he wants to play at the top level but he needs to see it as a positive pressure.

JimBHibees
04-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Why, it is explained that it is only league games that he would be excluded from if he goes out on loan so Hibs must have been happy with this agreement, nothing to do with Booth and as a pro footballer he will do his best for Raith this weekend.

If anyone feels that this decision is wrong then it ain't Booths fault and he shouldn't come in for any criticism before during or after the game from Hibs fans regarding him playing in this game, whoever done the contract at Hibs would be the one to blame, an agreement that he can play in the cup competition's but if Hibs are drawn against Raith then the player doesn't play against us, that hasn't happened so he plays against us on Saturday, not Booths fault here.

Totally agree it isnt Booth's fault however you would have thought that common sense would have meant Hibs put a clause that he cant play against us. How silly are we going to look if he plays a blinder and helps Raith knock us out the cup? Seems negligent of Hibs not to have thought of this.

Andy74
04-02-2014, 02:17 PM
I find this incredible

If we lose at home to Raith Callum Booth isn't the issue !

Kato
04-02-2014, 02:19 PM
My faith in his ability is having watched him play and shine in a very mediocre Hibs team

Look great going forward but he didn't shine as a defender. He didn't even know where to stand at set-pieces. Hopefully the loan has improved him and he comes back a better player.

.Sean.
04-02-2014, 02:33 PM
I spoke to a Raith player recently who told me that Booth was allowed to play against Hibs in the cup.

I posted that he was allowed to play week's ago but the resident Hibs.net loan deal experts informed me I was wrong? He's definitely available for selection is my understanding.

GlenrothesHibee
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I find this incredible

So do i. Pretty daft in my opinion

Deek01
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I posted that he was allowed to play week's ago but the resident Hibs.net loan deal experts informed me I was wrong? He's definitely available for selection is my understanding.

I'm reliably informed he's available to play on Saturday.

HibbyAndy
04-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Callum booth will play against Hibs.

Source Grant Murray.

SteveHFC
04-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Callum Booth will line up for Raith Rovers against Hibs in Saturday’s Scottish Cup clash despite only being on loan to the Stark’s Park club, the Evening News can reveal today.
The 22-year-old was farmed out to the Kirkcaldy club by former manager Pat Fenlon on a season-long loan in the summer, having spent the previous campaign at Livingston on a similar arrangement.
A member of the Hibs youth side which won the league and cup double in 2009, Booth was a first-team regular at left-back under Colin Calderwood. He is now a key figure in Rovers’ bid to force their way into the Championship play-off places, having played 26 games for Grant Murray’s team so far.
Booth has already played in the Scottish Cup for Raith this season, but a question mark remained over whether he was eligible to face Hibs. However, the rule forbidding players in such a situation from playing against their parent club only applies to Scottish Premiership matches and not the Cup.
Hibs defender Paul Hanlon, meanwhile, returned to training yesterday after a thigh strain.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
If he scores against us....

Wheat Hound
04-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Its not Booths fault but that of the person at Hibs who concluded the loan move......we could effectively be paying (at least part) of the wages of someone who knocks us out the cup......#lunacy

Spike Mandela
04-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Maybe we could exploit his weaknesses............

JimBHibees
04-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Callum Booth will line up for Raith Rovers against Hibs in Saturday’s Scottish Cup clash despite only being on loan to the Stark’s Park club, the Evening News can reveal today.
The 22-year-old was farmed out to the Kirkcaldy club by former manager Pat Fenlon on a season-long loan in the summer, having spent the previous campaign at Livingston on a similar arrangement.
A member of the Hibs youth side which won the league and cup double in 2009, Booth was a first-team regular at left-back under Colin Calderwood. He is now a key figure in Rovers’ bid to force their way into the Championship play-off places, having played 26 games for Grant Murray’s team so far.
Booth has already played in the Scottish Cup for Raith this season, but a question mark remained over whether he was eligible to face Hibs. However, the rule forbidding players in such a situation from playing against their parent club only applies to Scottish Premiership matches and not the Cup.
Hibs defender Paul Hanlon, meanwhile, returned to training yesterday after a thigh strain.

Didnt realise that rule. Seems a little strange.

Weir7
04-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Its not Booths fault but that of the person at Hibs who concluded the loan move......we could effectively be paying (at least part) of the wages of someone who knocks us out the cup......#lunacy

I hope he has a worldie and shows what he can do. Big test of his mental strength.

He didn't do it at Livi. But has picked up at Raith. I hope he comes back next year,his last year of his Hibs contract and shows he can be a good SPL player for us.

lucky
04-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Sorry but Booth should not be playing against his parent club.

hibee
04-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Sorry but Booth should not be playing against his parent club.

I agree, crazy decision by both teams if he plays, the poor guy can't win this one.

offshorehibby
04-02-2014, 06:29 PM
I feel sorry for Booth, as somebody say's he can't win. Plays out his skin and puts Hibs out, plays crap and he get's slated. Although hopefully it'll be a plays out his skin and a good hibs win.

Andy74
04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
No idea why people are getting excited about this one. He's been away pretty much long term. It's the rules for cup games. So what really?

MWHIBBIES
04-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Having been at the game mentioned in the OP I'm fine with this, he was absolutely awful that day.

basehibby
05-02-2014, 06:25 PM
I always thought Booth had a touch of class about him but needed to toughen up and wise up a bit to succeed at SPL level which is why I he was farmed out on loan - was somewhat surprised to see his loan extended another whole season though TBH.

Re the cup game I think a loan player is allowed to play against anyone unless contractually stipulated otherwise - hope we don't end up regretting the lack of such a stipulation, but think it would take more than Booth playing a blinder to make up the difference between the teams.

scoopyboy
05-02-2014, 06:34 PM

You did post that weeks ago but to be fair you subsequently told me he wasn't sure.

Personally I think it's a nonsense he's allowed to play.

IIRC the year Dunfermline knocked us out in the semis they had a player on loan from Celtic who wasn't allowed to play in the final.

I take it the rules have been changed.

snooky
05-02-2014, 06:55 PM
You did post that weeks ago but to be fair you subsequently told me he wasn't sure.

IIRC the year Dunfermline knocked us out in the semis they had a player on loan from Celtic who wasn't allowed to play in the final.

Not really - different rules for OF.
:rolleyes: You should know better, Scoopyboy. :wink:

scoopyboy
05-02-2014, 07:06 PM

I do have these brain fade moments unfortunately :greengrin:

HH81
05-02-2014, 07:53 PM
He won't ever play for Hibs again so whats the problem?

scoopyboy
05-02-2014, 08:03 PM

I think he will return to us in the summer for pre season and get his chance again in the first team.

Terry Butcher has already intimated this to a player or two at East Mains.

My problem is that if Raith knock us out and Callum hits the winner, then boys like me that said he shouldn't be playing will feel even worse on Saturday night.

Andy74
05-02-2014, 08:31 PM
I think he will return to us in the summer for pre season and get his chance again in the first team.

My problem is that if Raith knock us out and Callum hits the winner, then boys like me that said he shouldn't be playing will feel even worse on Saturday night.

If that happens Callum Booth isn't the problem. It'll be how our players played.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2014, 08:40 PM

T B is already been quoted as saying he will have him back for pre season Training so if he continues to do well at Raith. Then he may be given a final opportunity to show what he can do T B maybe just keeping his options open .

scoopyboy
05-02-2014, 08:44 PM
If that happens Callum Booth isn't the problem. It'll be how our players played.

So you keep telling anyone that thinks it is wrong.

If Callum Booth is the best player on the park and we get knocked out then I think it would be a problem.

Problem being that the best player on the park shouldn't have been playing and we are out the cup.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Raith Rovers arrive on a five game run where they haven't scored. No pressure likes :wink:

Aldo
05-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Raith Rovers arrive on a five game run where they haven't scored. No pressure likes :wink:

Aye there's always one ;-)

Billy Whizz
05-02-2014, 11:12 PM

A lot of Jambos in their management and squad, who always raise their games against Hibs

Sir David Gray
05-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Confirmed HERE (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/callum-booth-gets-green-light-to-face-hibs-1-3293486) :agree:

I'm stunned by that.

Certainly won't be blaming Booth. He won't have a say in this at all.

Whoever it was at Hibs who sorted this deal out really needs to look at themselves.

I don't know of many clubs who allow their players to play against them, whilst they're out on loan.

VivaHiberńa
06-02-2014, 02:01 AM

Not necessarily; it could have been that someone at Celtc though to include in the loan contract that he can't play against them, something that we have obviously failed to do (against us, not Celtc, before someone gets sarcastic :wink:). That this was potentially over looked because "och, it probably won't happen" strikes me as mental (not saying this is why it was but seems to me the most probable reason).

marinello59
06-02-2014, 04:51 AM
:agree:

Ronniekirk
06-02-2014, 09:24 AM

KT was saying in that Scotsman article that the last 7 or 8 times we have played them we have only beaten them once Is that accurate?was at the pre season game when pat still there and that was dire game .This one will be an open attractive game I think with goals It's Hubs it's the Scottish Cup .

Broken Gnome
06-02-2014, 09:28 AM
KT was saying in that Scotsman article that the last 7 or 8 times we have played them we have only beaten them once Is that accurate?was at the pre season game when pat still there and that was dire game .This one will be an open attractive game I think with goals It's Hubs it's the Scottish Cup .

It's nonsense, especially the 50/60 year part. Played them far more frequently than that.

5-1 in Division One and a League Cup win in 2001 (?) are two off the top of my head

silverhibee
06-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Only one person to blame for the situation that Booth has found himself in for this weekend. :cb

Deek01
06-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Only one person to blame for the situation that Booth has found himself in for this weekend. :cb

Fenlon.

Andy74
06-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Fenlon.

Eh?

spike220
06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Eh?

Eh?

Thecat23
06-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Eh?

Think he means it was Fenlon who loaned him and didn't put a clause in the contract if both teams met.

It's not Booths fault that's for sure. The lad just wants to play!

Gatecrasher
06-02-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't see what the problem is to be honest, if we can't beat Raith then we only have ourselves to blame and if Booth happens to have a cracking game then so be it. I haven't seen him play since he started being sent out on loan so it will be interesting to see if/how he's progressed.

silverhibee
06-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Fenlon.

I doubt he dealt with it.

--------
06-02-2014, 02:03 PM

So? That isn't Callum's fault. His job is to play as well as he possibly can on the day for the club that's paying his wages right now. If he really impresses us, then that's a positive - TB has told him to be at East Mains for the pre-season and it would mean we'll be getting a good home-grown left-back/left-midfield added to the squad. The only person who would need to feel bad is whichever numpty or numpties* didn't put the standard clause in his loan contract preventing him from playing against us in the event of Raith being drawn against us in the Cup.

Personally, I don't know why he wasn't retained this season. He's a better player than a number of the players we did retain, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't turn out to be a much better player than our present LB, Ryan McGovern, who does not impress me one bit.

*My guess Fenlon and Petrie were the guilty men, though I don't have to Sherlock Holmes to work it out.

ian cruise
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Eh?

I'm going to guess this was a bit tongue in cheek as Pat get the blame for most things Hibs at the minute. Whether deserved or not. If it's not a tongue in cheek comment then I agree I don't see how this could be blamed on Pat.

J-C
06-02-2014, 02:42 PM
I have no problem any of the loan players we have out there playing against us, most are playing for lesser teams to gain experience and are indeed teams we should be beating with or without them, plus it gives them added incentive to play out their skin to show our manager what he's missing.

Tom Hart RIP
06-02-2014, 03:19 PM
CB scored a 30 yarder against ICT which has stuck in TBs memory and he is keen to have him back for pre season training.

Andy74
06-02-2014, 04:12 PM
CB scored a 30 yarder against ICT which has stuck in TBs memory and he is keen to have him back for pre season training.

I think that's when he came back in after being out of favour for a bit? He had a nightmare but scored a cracker!

erin go bragh
06-02-2014, 05:01 PM
The Raith fans speak very highly of the young man ( all to a man were gutted when they wrongly thought he would be sitting out this game ) hope he is their best player on the park in a convincing Hibs win .then we look forward to him coming back to us for pre season .

Ggtth

Diclonius
06-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I think that's when he came back in after being out of favour for a bit? He had a nightmare but scored a cracker!

Nope, that was during his first run in the team.

You might be thinking of when he scored in a 3-2 loss to St Johnstone. :agree:

scoopyboy
06-02-2014, 05:48 PM
So? That isn't Callum's fault. His job is to play as well as he possibly can on the day for the club that's paying his wages right now. If he really impresses us, then that's a positive - TB has told him to be at East Mains for the pre-season and it would mean we'll be getting a good home-grown left-back/left-midfield added to the squad. The only person who would need to feel bad is whichever numpty or numpties* didn't put the standard clause in his loan contract preventing him from playing against us in the event of Raith being drawn against us in the Cup.

Personally, I don't know why he wasn't retained this season. He's a better player than a number of the players we did retain, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't turn out to be a much better player than our present LB, Ryan McGovern, who does not impress me one bit.

*My guess Fenlon and Petrie were the guilty men, though I don't have to Sherlock Holmes to work it out.

What you on about?

Where exactly have I said anything is Callum's fault?

You losing your marbles?

--------
06-02-2014, 06:07 PM
What you on about?

Where exactly have I said anything is Callum's fault?

You losing your marbles?

If Hibs lose, and you feel bad on Saturday evening, THAT won't be Callum's fault - he's under an obligation to do his best for Raith, and I'm sure he will.

The people responsible for the mix-up over his loan terms are the ones at fault.

I haven't lost my marbles. I think you've taken what I posted in an entirely different way to the way I intended it to be taken.

The way I see it, Callum's a LB playing in a moderately good Championship side, a player we have first dibs on for next season, and Saturday is an excellent opportunity for Butcher to see him in a competitive match.

But he shouldn't be playing, and wouldn't be playing if the people at ER who arranged his loan deal had done their jobs properly.

That's all.

snooky
06-02-2014, 06:43 PM

I thought that game was his debut?
Iirc, he played. well and showed a bit of class plus he scored that screamer.
Maybe my memory is not as sharp as A74 but that's how I saw the game.

oconnors_strip
06-02-2014, 06:48 PM
I thought that game was his debut?
Iirc, he played. well and showed a bit of class plus he scored that screamer.
Maybe my memory is not as sharp as A74 but that's how I saw the game.

Booth made his debut for Hibernian on 18 January 2011, in a 1–0 Scottish Cup defeat at Ayr United.He scored his first goal for the club in a 2–0 win against Inverness CT on 26 February at Easter Road.

Kato
06-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Deary me, let's just play the tie. Raith'll play their best eleven and we'll play ours.

Dishing out blame for that and blame for the next thing and the match is still days away. It's all a bit negative, no?

NOLA
06-02-2014, 10:39 PM
hope he plays a blinder and ends up on the losing team.

Kato
06-02-2014, 11:29 PM
hope he plays a blinder and ends up on the losing team.

:top marks

Gmack7
07-02-2014, 07:59 AM
If watmore is as good as we hope/hear maybe calum should find an injury for tomorrow