PDA

View Full Version : Tim Clancy

The Sea-gull
02-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Going to Derry City apparently. I thought he was injured? Thought he was ok at times. Poor at times too. Overall a mixed bag. Would not be against keeping him and see how he gets on till end of season but maybe if there is interest now would be as well to cut our losses and let Butcher get his own man in if he doesn't rate Clancy.

patch1875
02-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Think he's been fit for a while now. Played a couple of u20s games looks like they are cutting their loses due to his constant injuries and letting him go.

Stewboy
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Thought he was a half decent signing but just never fit

If he is signing for Derry City (with all due respect) then that says what Tel thinks of him

Pretty Boy
02-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Hibs simply can't afford to have players on the books who are injured as often as Clancy.

Obviously players pick up injuries but Clancy seems to have a chronic problem and we need a full squad as often as possible.

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Thought he was a half decent signing but just never fit

If he is signing for Derry City (with all due respect) then that says what Tel thinks of him
If true he is joining up with Ivan They are getting two seasoned pro s so not a bad bit of business for them if they stay on park ie avoid injury and suspensions

Pretty Boy
02-01-2014, 10:04 AM
If true he is joining up with Ivan They are getting two seasoned pro s so not a bad bit of business for them if they stay on park ie avoid injury and suspensions

Ivan plays for Linfield.

Brooster
02-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Im convinced he was able to play half the time when he was 'injured'......wont be missed.

hibsbollah
02-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Hibs simply can't afford to have players on the books who are injured as often as Clancy.

Obviously players pick up injuries but Clancy seems to have a chronic problem and we need a full squad as often as possible.

This.

21 games since June 2012 tells its own story.

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 10:07 AM
Ivan plays for Linfield.
My mistake Getting too excited about tonight's game no thinking right.

lucky
02-01-2014, 10:19 AM
He won't be missed, his performance against Falkirk in the Scottish cup semi was truly awful

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 10:23 AM
He won't be missed, his performance against Falkirk in the Scottish cup semi was truly awful
Agree but remember Robertson got subbed early for missing a sitter Think it was that game and Cairney was subbed as he cost us the first few goals. Look at them now.Although Cairney should never have been played as wasn't fit and hadn't been playing Wee Pat a this worst He isn't being missedi either was always out depth He couldn't of set up team to play the way they did against Killie

18Craig75
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Far too injury prone. Hasn't worked for him, cut our losses.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
If he goes across the water and plays regularly he might get another chance with s team over here, but he is too far out of the picture at ER for that to happen here.

Godsahibby
02-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Must have been on a decent wage as well, good to see that being freed up to help bring in some quality.

jdships
02-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Must have been on a decent wage as well, good to see that being freed up to help bring in some quality.

Can only pas on what I was told by ex hibs player who still does a stint at ER stadium.
" TB looking to move six on but it is doubtful if all will go in this window , the talk is of three coming in in January "

As I say it is second hand

:flag:

Aldo
02-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Can only pas on what I was told by ex hibs player who still does a stint at ER stadium. " TB looking to move six on but it is doubtful if all will go in this window , the talk is of three coming in in January " As I say it is second hand :flag:

6 wonder if these names will be on his list - Vine, Taiwo, Thomson, Clancy, McPake a few of the young lads out on loan.

Diclonius
02-01-2014, 01:33 PM
When he played I thought he would be the answer to our right back problems. Sadly "when he played" is the key phrase here.

lucky
02-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Agree but remember Robertson got subbed early for missing a sitter Think it was that game and Cairney was subbed as he cost us the first few goals. Look at them now.Although Cairney should never have been played as wasn't fit and hadn't been playing Wee Pat a this worst He isn't being missedi either was always out depth He couldn't of set up team to play the way they did against Killie

Your 100% correct on Cairney and Robertson but Clancy was absolutely terrible in the game. Apart from his debut against East Fife in pre season I can't think of any good games he has played. He is has been average to poor in nearly every game he's played. Then there is injury record. Clearly is not up to the demands of professional football mentally and physically.

Heisenberg
02-01-2014, 02:02 PM
My only good memory of Tim Clancy was when he was winding the yams up every time he took a throw in at the PBS, including pretending that the sight of them made him boak. Think that was in the 2013 new year derby. He's a pretty average/poor injury prone player. No great loss.

Cropley10
02-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Your 100% correct on Cairney and Robertson but Clancy was absolutely terrible in the game. Apart from his debut against East Fife in pre season I can't think of any good games he has played. He is has been average to poor in nearly every game he's played. Then there is injury record. Clearly is not up to the demands of professional football mentally and physically.

Except he was an ever-present at Motherwell no?

lucky
02-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Except he was an ever-present at Motherwell no?

I'm talking about his time at Hibs. Remember his time at well was over two years ago

dodecar
02-01-2014, 02:29 PM
6 wonder if these names will be on his list - Vine, Taiwo, Thomson, Clancy, McPake a few of the young lads out on loan.

I'm sure you are right . Tel doesn't fancy Thompson the others are injury prone or not good enough. He's hard man Mr B .

jdships
02-01-2014, 02:32 PM

For me I think you are pretty well " on the money" with that list :greengrin
Makes sense to begin to change the staff now which prepares for the real changes at season end ( if necessary :greengrin:wink:)

:flag:

delbert
02-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Going to Derry City apparently. I thought he was injured? Thought he was ok at times. Poor at times too. Overall a mixed bag. Would not be against keeping him and see how he gets on till end of season but maybe if there is interest now would be as well to cut our losses and let Butcher get his own man in if he doesn't rate Clancy.

Sorry hardly a mixed bag, turned into our most consistent signing, arrived at Easter Road, perpetual sicknote, wage thief, good riddance, wage freed up for someone who actually wants to play for us, don't let door skelp ure arse on the way out, Clancy leaving is his most positive contribution in two seasons

ballengeich
02-01-2014, 02:38 PM
How long was left on Clancy's contract? If he goes to Derry we'll probably have to give him a pay-off to make up for the wage reduction.

greenlex
02-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Albeit from a poor starting standard I thought we were a better team when he played.

bigwheel
02-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Sorry hardly a mixed bag, turned into our most consistent signing, arrived at Easter Road, perpetual sicknote, wage thief, good riddance, wage freed up for someone who actually wants to play for us, don't let door skelp ure arse on the way out, Clancy leaving is his most positive contribution in two seasons

What a nasty post - do you think he anted to be injured and not playing? or perhaps you think he was pretending? I hope people have more empathy for you if you are ever off work ill....

Was a decent signing , blighted by injury - good luck for his future...

delbert
02-01-2014, 03:02 PM
What a nasty post - do you think he anted to be injured and not playing? or perhaps you think he was pretending? I hope people have more empathy for you if you are ever off work ill....

Was a decent signing , blighted by injury - good luck for his future...

Interesting that you objected to the tone of the content rather than its accuracy - I rest my case

bigwheel
02-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Interesting that you objected to the tone of the content rather than its accuracy - I rest my case

Based on your post , I'm confident I don't share your views