PDA

View Full Version : For those that aren't going tonight, why?

CallumLaidlaw
02-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Just interested to understand the reasoning of those that aren't going tonight.

Everyone has their reasons, and I know there are hundreds that would love to be there tonight, but for one reason or another, can't be there.

Allant1981
02-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Had to pick between getting my son or going to the match, not seen him in a few days so football comes 2nd

HH81
02-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Working 12 till 8. Checked and the holidays were full for today and have been for 6 months.

Had a word with my boss and she has agreed to let me finish at 5 so can watch on tv.

I then asked around the people who had it off and no one would change thier full day off. FFS.

Lix
02-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Sitting in the airport lounge waiting to fly to Barbados.

Seems like terrible planning now (we have to pray flight is on time/early and rush to hopefully find it on tv and should catch second half) but we intentionally missed new year with the family to fly out today so we could come up to Edinburgh for the Derby!

The change of date/time (while always a risk as it is usually on TV) has been a right sickener.

Fingers crossed the wind is in the right direction and Bubba's has it on the box!

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Just interested to understand the reasoning of those that aren't ht.

Everyone has their reasons, and I know there are hundreds that would love to be there tonight, but for one reason or another, can't be there.
Means my son will be there but my daughter is working shifts and can't make it simple as Must be lots of people that would of gone but simply can't .

hibbydog
02-01-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm a combination of as few of the answers

£ far too expensive

Got 2 young kids to watch

Recent derbies have been murder. Really bad eye bleeding football. I know it looks like we're turning the corner and I'm much more optimistic about this yin.

Oh, and the ticket database thing gets on my nerves. Every game I've been to in the last few years I've either paid cash or someone else has sorted the tickets out.

zlatan
02-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Really enjoying EastEnders with Danny Dyer now in it and don't want to miss it.

ny1875
02-01-2014, 09:25 AM
I'll be getting updates on .net here on Coron Island in the Philippines.

Would love to have been there, been abroad most of last two years but managed the cup game last December,there is nowt like the atmospheric explosion of when the ba' hits the back of the tramps net!
C'mon the hibs!

stoneyburn hibs
02-01-2014, 10:42 AM

:greengrin, that made me giggle but not so much that i would have spluttered my tea over the screen.

edinburghhibee
02-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Working the night :(

Bostonhibby
02-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Agree, a pwopa pukker "hard" man / geezer.
Or twat.
Seriously, defeated by time and distance this time sadly, up for St mirren.

Forza Fred
02-01-2014, 10:49 AM
The answer is in the location

Keith_M
02-01-2014, 10:55 AM
My choice was 'live too far away' but that's not the whole reason. I actually come over to a lot of games but just can't afford it this time, especially at the flight prices at this time of year.

Would you believe it would have cost nearly three times as much for my flights as the last time I came over. Can't justify that for one match. As for the price of hotels in Edinburgh at New Year.... :boo hoo:

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Because we always promise so much but deliver so little against them.....................................For that reason alone I can't be ersed going to see yet another defeat at the hands of hearts.

However.............................I think just maybe..............just maybe this time we might deliver so I'm going

SwanseaHibs
02-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Just moved house and changed jobs so no holiday left to have today and tomorrow off. Will have to be content with watching on TV.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

s2hart
02-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Would love to be there but set the alarm for 4.40am again!!! A nice cup of tea and I'll settle to watch on the internet here in Tokyo. Mon the Hibs :flag:

HiBremian
02-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Nae Ryanair flights from Bremen to Edinburgh in winter. Petrie :grr:

But as a season ticket holder on HTVxtra reckon it's fair enough to put the feet up and watch from Werderland :greengrin

IWasThere2016
02-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Wife bought tickets (for her birthday) for the Lion King tonight at the Playhoose.

Did consider trying to wriggle oot of it but I left my FB open, and she saw my PMs with Hibby D plotting my escape - so I'm foooooked! :loser:

Any good restaurant advice for near the Playhoose??? Got some crawling to do - Italian or Indian preferred - cheers!

mim
02-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Having my toenails varnished.

HibbySpurs
02-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Awright, whos the yam who voted "Think we'll lose":trumpet:

Manxhibs
02-01-2014, 11:44 AM
I'd love to be there tonight and was even offered a ticket, however, a combination of it being year end and living on the Isle of Man, means I'll have to watch it on TV.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Got my son up from Southampton for five days. As much as I'd love to go tonight to watch the game (even had to turn down a free ticket), my wee boy comes first. Will make sure I watch it on the telly though.

pontius pilate
02-01-2014, 11:51 AM
I never attend derbies and haven't done since my teens when the vile and hatred used to pour out of everyone and I got caught from some of the pink scarf twirling roasters on my way home and got a doing so I don't go to them. I will be watching with my daughter who I've converted from a Merrick into a hibbie much to her granddads disappointment. Also the misses who doesn't follow football is hoping for a hibs win tonight.
GGTTH

Hibby70
02-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Wife bought tickets (for her birthday) for the Lion King tonight at the Playhoose.

Did consider trying to wriggle oot of it but I left my FB open, and she saw my PMs with Hibby D plotting my escape - so I'm foooooked! :loser:

Any good restaurant advice for near the Playhoose??? Got some crawling to do - Italian or Indian preferred - cheers!

There's a good wee place on Albion Road that does pizza. So exclusive though that you have to pay an entrance fee.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2014, 12:12 PM
There's a good wee place on Albion Road that does pizza. So exclusive though that you have to pay an entrance fee.

Cardboard pizza - no ta :wink:

TowerHibs
02-01-2014, 12:19 PM

Pommegranet across the road is magic....Eastern European/Turkish place. Something different and its BYOB.

Place has never let me down with impressing and helping getting my Nat King

SteveHFC
02-01-2014, 12:20 PM

:greengrin

Last Minute
02-01-2014, 12:49 PM

Try Cosmo next to the playhouse, Buffet with all the foods from around the world. fantastic food £15.99 I think, and help yourself to Italian, Indian, chinese and all below. really nice inside and have a beer .

Sushi
Dim Sum
Indian Tandoori & Curry
Yakitori & Robata Grill
Teppanyaki
Asian Carvery
Pizzeria
Global Kitchen
Noodle & Wok Bar
Asian Deli
Seafood

Green Fish
02-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Working, nightshift, gutted

Berwickhibby
02-01-2014, 12:58 PM
As I now live in Malta it's a bit far to travel.... I will be cheering on the Hibees watching Hibernian TV XTRA online GGTTH

c31
02-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Even thought we should beat them and it might sound daft but I cannot stand the thought of them celebrating in front of us again , not been to a derby since they cheated us at hampden.

SanFranHibs
02-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I know Paris is not that far but as I was home for Christmas and had to get back here for work just can't make it.

So either will be watching in a bar in arrondissement VI , The Little Temple, which I have never been to or in The Rush Bar in the 11th.

After watching Hibs the last couple of games and listening to Terry Butcher's approach to running the team and organizing the players I feel quite confident about this one!

3- 0.

:flag:

The_Exile
02-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Absolutely gutted to missing it tonight, but the missus works a Thursday night so I've got 3 wee ones to look after. Will be sitting watching on the tellybox though, kicking every ball with the rest of the Hibee Nation :flag:

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Even thought we should beat them and it might sound daft but I cannot stand the thought of them celebrating in front of us again , not been to a derby since they cheated us at hampden.
Get yourself there if you can History in the making .Be part of itu

IWasThere2016
02-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Cheers for the recommendations guys :thumbsup:

Will be checking the phone for updates. On 2-0 and Collins @ 22/1 :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Just interested to understand the reasoning of those that aren't going tonight.

Hopefully at some point before 5 pm some one will reply Because it's Sold Out

grunt
02-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Can't beat Giuliano's across from the Playhouse
http://www.giulianos.co.uk/index.php

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Can't see the options on the phone version but is one of them so that an uberfan thread can be kicked off?

greengnome
02-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Cannae get a bus fae Basra... Taxi's are cheap, but helluva unreliable.... :wink: Just as well I have .Net, I will be with the rest of the Hibby family who cannot be there.... :tbgwa: :thumbsup: GGTTH .... :flag::flag::flag::aok:

PatHead
02-01-2014, 03:33 PM
I know Paris is not that far but as I was home for Christmas and had to get back here for work just can't make it.

So either will be watching in a bar in arrondissement VI , The Little Temple, which I have never been to or in The Rush Bar in the 11th.

After watching Hibs the last couple of games and listening to Terry Butcher's approach to running the team and organizing the players I feel quite confident about this one!

3- 0.

:flag:

My wee brother (Adrian) who lives in Paris is going to a pub with his American pal (Jerry). If you find you are sitting next to them say hello from me. Adrian is a 5 foot 6 ginger.

PatHead
02-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Can't beat Giuliano's across from the Playhouse
http://www.giulianos.co.uk/index.php

Prefer Mama Roma myself.

eastterrace
02-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Prefer Mama Roma myself.

yes mama roma is nice but its has no draught lager which spoils it.

Lucius Apuleius
02-01-2014, 03:49 PM

Whit??? Nae golf???:greengrin

J-C
02-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Wife's birthday today so going for an early meal at 6pm, hopefully back in time for kick off.

Craig_in_Prague
02-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Wife's birthday today so going for an early meal at 6pm, hopefully back in time for kick off.

Just straight to ice cream then haha

J-C
02-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Just straight to ice cream then haha

Would've been a birthday lunch if I had my way but she was working today, didn't finish till 5pm, have to do the right thing. :aok:

Going to Fabio's in Corstorphine, 5 mins from the house.

euro Hibby
02-01-2014, 04:55 PM
sorry can't be there.......I live in Italy but will be on Hibs extra if there are no technical issues !

CRAZYHIBBY
02-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Cost is a big issue for me....Along with the ticket and travel expensies 2 kids to look after and the fact that hibs are utter dross against hearts..... plus I spilled paint in the garage earlier so I thought I'd stay in and watch it dry

lyonhibs
02-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Cos I'm sitting in my local in Zurich, the only person giving a flying ****

IWasThere2016
02-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Everywhere fully booked. Did a very swift 2-courses in the Gurkha Brigade (it was very good). Now seated for the show.

Mind elsewhere tho - c'mon the Hibs :thumbsup:

Speedy
02-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Had a ticket (still have I suppose) but the guy I was going with had to pull out so decided to watch it on the telly.

OsloHibs
02-01-2014, 07:03 PM
In Norway- but wishing I was at ER tonight.. Watching online though. Come on Hibees!!!!!

heretoday
02-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Blood pressure can't take it anymore I'm afraid. After 50 years service in the Hibs cause I believe I am due a bit of a rest.

KingFranck
02-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Up until 5.20 tonight I wasn't going but here I am in the west upper jj seat 1 and can't see the hearts fans best seat in ER!