PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Claros - free to go!

spike220
02-01-2014, 08:09 AM
It looks like he may get his wish and be released by Motagua. I wonder what Butcher could do with this lad!!!

I wonder if Hibs are keeping tabs on him, could be good for the team and good bit of business too with potential to sell on!

Source: http://www.diez.hn/csp/mediapool/sites/Diez/FutboldePrimera/story.csp?cid=434937&sid=330&fid=99

stanton_4
02-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Even though we have our fair share of midfielders I would take him back in a heartbeat.

down-the-slope
02-01-2014, 08:14 AM
I think TB would like his work rate and heart and not least his ability to protect the ball and pick a pass.

Loved him from the off when he was trying to get mince to play around him...with ability to make space off the ball in the team non Jorge would profit by making the passes....best Import since Frank...

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Get him signed Petrie!

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2014, 08:16 AM
I'd take him back, but i'm not sure he'd fit into the way Butcher wants us to play?

Beefster
02-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Claros' time at Hibs has been and gone. If we can't fit Thomson into the team, I can't see why we'd recruit Claros.

matty_f
02-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Claros' time at Hibs has been and gone. If we can't fit Thomson into the team, I can't see why we'd recruit Claros.

Claros is better than Thomson imho. Would love to see him back and I think he'd give us something different to what we have at a standard we don't have.

judas
02-01-2014, 08:32 AM

I heard Malpas doesn't like Thomsons attitude.

Good to know we have strong management at last.

down-the-slope
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM

Different types - Claros does not need all the play to go through him for his ego and has far better work rate

The Sea-gull
02-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Get rid of Thomson. Get Claros in. Midfield of Claros with Craig and Robertson either side. New left sided forward (Riordan :-)) Harris on the right and see how one from Collins/Heff get on through the middle of a front three.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2014, 08:42 AM
If he is on the list that Steve Marsella drew up then that is fine. If he is not, then that is still fine.

spike220
02-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Claros is better than Thomson imho. Would love to see him back and I think he'd give us something different to what we have at a standard we don't have.
:top marks

Craig_in_Prague
02-01-2014, 08:48 AM
If he is on the list that Steve Marsella drew up then that is fine. If he is not, then that is still fine.

Yep, as much as I like to hear of players being available etc.........We have a new management team and by all accounts, a very good scout, now at the club. Happy to sit back and watch them build up our club.

for what its worth, Claros would be welcomed back, good energy levels in the midfield and I am sure he'd play at a tempo requird by TB.

Not sure central midfield is an area we'll see improved until the summer, we really need some width/pace in the side. Of course, an attacking CM in the mould of Latapy, is ALWAYS welcome lol

Golden Bear
02-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Nah - he'd only slow the play down and wouldn't fit into TB's plans.

:rolleyes:

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I was more gutted about losing Jorge than Sparky - world cup player to be.

Would take him back in a heartbeat.

Speedway
02-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Wakeyhibbie and I have never seen eye to eye regarding Jorge. I thought the boy was superb for us.

hibsbollah
02-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Our best midfielder since Broonie. What a signing that would be :aok:

Ozyhibby
02-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Love to see him back and I'm sure he would fit right in to Butchers style of play.

Wakeyhibee
02-01-2014, 09:16 AM
Wakeyhibbie and I have never seen eye to eye regarding Jorge. I thought the boy was superb for us. I only said from 'what I've seen' and considering that had been not a lot over the last 2 years, then that hardly qualifies it. Anyway setting off for the match now GGTTH

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 09:18 AM
I'd take him back, but i'm not sure he'd fit into the way Butcher wants us to play?
Yep spot on with that I think

Hibbyradge
02-01-2014, 09:24 AM
I liked Claris, but my respect for Butcher world diminish if he spent money on another midfielder.

I hope he uses whatever cash he has available to sign a player for positions for which we have little cover.

A right back and a striker would be much more useful.

"In a heartbeat".

18Craig75
02-01-2014, 09:30 AM
I would love to see Claros back in a Hibs shirt and I think he'd be right up TB's street. Runs his heart out every game and can play.

Also, potentially after the World Cup his value could soar!

Get him in!

DC_Hibs
02-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Complete lack of creativity and no goal threat whatsoever.
An ideal fit for Hibs.................under Fenlon!

Good luck Jorge. 100% effort and keeping possession aren't enough for me and Butch feels the same way!

Most overrated since 10 goals Zitelli.

Edit - I should add that our midfield is still pretty honking with neither Craig or Robertson offering much footballing ability and I'm amazed Stevenson is still getting a game albeit with two decent performances in recent weeks.

Jorge, please come back!

matty_f
02-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Complete lack of creativity and no goal threat whatsoever.
An ideal fit for Hibs.................under Fenlon!

Good luck Jorge. 100% effort and keeping possession aren't enough for me and Butch feels the same way!

Most overrated since 10 goals Zitelli.

Have you had a good chat with Terry about this?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I've stated any a time he's the best player we've had since Latas/Franck IMO. Fabulous player.

The_Exile
02-01-2014, 09:45 AM
I was/am a massive fan of Claros, any manager worth their salts starts lesson number 1: Possession of the baw!! If you don't have the ball you can't do 'owt. Claros is a Scholes/Makalele (I'm not saying he's at that level!) type of player, doesn't do anything flash but is the most important player on the team.

By all accounts, him and his missus loved Edinburgh and the Hibees, that counts for a lot and would imagine his agent has put the feelers out for a return if Claros would like to return.

Forza Fred
02-01-2014, 09:57 AM

My thoughts exactly!

Leighonel
02-01-2014, 10:02 AM
I liked Claris, but my respect for Butcher world diminish if he spent money on another midfielder.

I hope he uses whatever cash he has available to sign a player for positions for which we have little cover.

"In a heartbeat".

I tend to agree that we have enough midfielders, but how many of them are as good as claros. If butcher could get a couple of the midfielders out and get claros in I would be happy.

I hope his agent contacts hibs.

eastterrace
02-01-2014, 10:04 AM

"In a heartbeat".

why do we need a right back , thought forster was doing okay, seems malpas and tb are maybe trying to mould him into one. also liked claros but had no goal threat so cant see him coming back imo.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Not needed, let's strenghten the real weakness's first.

offshorehibby
02-01-2014, 10:13 AM
While i liked Claros i'm more than happy to go with TB's decisions on players coming in.

Fergus52
02-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Anyone who wouldn't take him on a free is an idiot IMO.

Will be a starting player at the world cup so will have definite resale value.

I think he'd easily be able to play at the higher tempo TB wants and if he came in now he'd be our best CM.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 10:20 AM

I think he'd easily be able to play at the higher tempo TB wants and if he came in now he'd be our best CM.

Yep. Outstanding work rate and engine in him, passing is sharp as a tack and works box to box.

neil7908
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Although I agree that another central midfielder is not really want the team needs right now I'd make an exception for Claros. Brilliant player who keeps the ball, runs all day, gives 100% for the team and is a quality passer.

If the rumours are correct and we are looking at moving on the likes of Thomson and Taiwo then we should be able to free up some wages.

Spike Mandela
02-01-2014, 10:22 AM

Yet the team's problem this year has been scoring goals not defensive work. Definitely missed Griffiths more imo.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Yet the team's problem this year has been scoring goals not defensive work. Definitely missed Griffiths more imo.

I honestly think we've missed composure in midfield - we've been lumping the ball aimlessly upfront pre TB and having better passing in midfield and Lewis and Cairney getting up in support is what's turning us around.

Both JC and LG would hugely improve us.

Winston Ingram
02-01-2014, 10:39 AM
He doesn't strike me as a Butcher type player. KT is a better version and if he's not wanted then there's no chance

sambajustice
02-01-2014, 10:42 AM
He doesn't strike me as a Butcher type player. KT is a better version and if he's not wanted then there's no chance

Thomson is better than Claros??????

Wowsers!

davhibby
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM
He's the perfect fit for TB imo, would be brilliant if we could get him

Keith_M
02-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Have to disagree with this as I don't see them as the same type of player. Claros is good at driving the team forward, as well as strong defending, and he is a good passer of the ball.

It's Butcher's call, of course, but I've love to see him back, maybe even to replace Thomson.

Jim44
02-01-2014, 10:50 AM

KT comparison is debatable but no doubting KT's ability. If only he was a willing horse, able to conform to TB's style of play, he would remain a valuable member of the squad. I reckon the KT/TB issue lies deeper than ways of playing the game, tho' .......... pity.

Leishy1995
02-01-2014, 10:51 AM
I'd be delighted to see him in a Hibs strip again

LioNeilMessi
02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Nothing wrong with offering him a trial to let Butcher & Malpas see for themselves what he can offer. I reckon he'd be keen to come over.

sambajustice
02-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Maybe Thomson thinks he's bigger than the club and that's the reason he doesnt play. Maybe he's carrying an injury and thats the reason he isnt playing. I don't know, im just putting it out there.

Fact is you dont turn down quality players if you have the chance to sign them. Its like saying we wouldnt sign Iker Casillas if available because goalkeeper isnt our biggest worry.

Jack
02-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Maybe Thomson thinks he's bigger than the club and that's the reason he doesnt play. Maybe he's carrying an injury and thats the reason he isnt playing. I don't know, im just putting it out there.

Fact is you dont turn down quality players if you have the chance to sign them. Its like saying we wouldnt sign Iker Casillas if available because goalkeeper isnt our biggest worry.

Agreed, if better than we have becomes available we'd be mugs to let it pass by. And that goes for the folk who seem to think there's a queuing system and other positions should take priority - maybe there's just no one with the quality available for the money we have at this time?

jdships
02-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Thomson is better than Claros??????

Wowsers!

My thoughts exactly :agree::rolleyes:

MyJo
02-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I said at the end of last season I would rather hold onto Claros than Thomson and while Thomson has shown his quality occasionally this season I would take Claros back in a heartbeat.

Thomson, taiwo and Tudur jones are all surplus to requirements if we can get a deal for Jorge done in January

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2014, 11:16 AM

What a silly comment, will he play for free as well then!

sambajustice
02-01-2014, 11:21 AM
What a silly comment, will he play for free as well then!

As well as who?

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Would love to see Claros back.

Read the game so well - broke up play and at 27 years old and having played 41 times for his country he is a better player and has less injuries than KT.

The challenge would be how to utilise him in the best way as seems TB likes box to box midfielders rather than a holding player - Claros is mobile but plays deeper. He did bring a calming influence to the team and was just needing a Latapy type along side him to create.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2014, 11:24 AM
As well as who?

Eh? Maybe I should just have said, as well as being free will he play for free. You've misunderstood the translation from Scouse to Scottish :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2014, 11:25 AM
I was more gutted about losing Jorge than Sparky

There cannae be many that think that!

3pm
02-01-2014, 11:27 AM
He'd be good. Better player than the 2 in centre midfield just now.

ballengeich
02-01-2014, 11:30 AM
While Claros did an effective job as a defensive midfielder he didn't contribute enough going forward to justify the high opinion that some people have of him. He didn't score during his time here and I don't remember him setting up many chances for anyone else. Thomson, Tudur-Jones and at a push Taiwo can tackle then pass the ball sideways.

I he's so good why did he go back to Honduras rather than getting a move to a higher-paying club somewhere else in Europe?

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 11:32 AM
There cannae be many that think that!

Realistically we always had more hope of keeping Jorge than Sparky tbh.

Just love watching either play though.

DC_Hibs
02-01-2014, 11:39 AM
While Claros did an effective job as a defensive midfielder he didn't contribute enough going forward to justify the high opinion that some people have of him. He didn't score during his time here and I don't remember him setting up many chances for anyone else. Thomson, Tudur-Jones and at a push Taiwo can tackle then pass the ball sideways.

I he's so good why did he go back to Honduras rather than getting a move to a higher-paying club somewhere else in Europe?

Spot on. It really shows how poor we have been over the last few seasons.
Hopefully TB has higher standards than most on here and our midfield is revamped totally by the summer transfer window at the latest.

Fergus52
02-01-2014, 11:41 AM

:faf:

Purehibee_MYB
02-01-2014, 11:41 AM
I need him back just so I have a use for my Honduras flag again!

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

Nevi_SOL
02-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Claros is twice the player of Thomson

tamig
02-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Spot on. It really shows how poor we have been over the last few seasons.
Hopefully TB has higher standards than most on here and our midfield is revamped totally by the summer transfer window at the latest.

So you really don't see any quality in Claros? Unbelievable :rolleyes:

Boyle89
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
If we can do a deal then I'd gladly welcome him back. Great work rate, good agression and superb range of passing. If KT and TT are away then there's a space there.

Thecat23
02-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Spoke to his agent and there is nothing from Hibs about a move, but 2 other Scottish teams have inquired about him. One is defo The Rangers but not sure who the other is.

For what it's worth have him back in a heart beat. He'd be even better under a manager like TB.

Thecat23
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM
That would be just as bad as Sparky to Celtc. :rolleyes:

Sadly I agree. Be a sore one. At least he wouldn't be in the same league though. Small consolation I know!

dodecar
02-01-2014, 01:48 PM
It looks like he may get his wish and be released by Motagua. I wonder what Butcher could do with this lad!!!

I wonder if Hibs are keeping tabs on him, could be good for the team and good bit of business too with potential to sell on!

Source: http://www.diez.hn/csp/mediapool/sites/Diez/FutboldePrimera/story.csp?cid=434937&sid=330&fid=99

YES ! The boy was heartbroken to have to leave . Now whether El Tel is interested ,who knows ,but he'd slot in ok. Claros just got better and better with us and tougher too!

green.and.white
02-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Would love Jorge back, a class act

147lothian
02-01-2014, 02:01 PM
I would let KT and TJ go to bring back him back! Its sore if theres no contact with his agent!

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Would take wee Jorge back in a second!! Can't understand anyone that wouldn't!? Would be totally gutted if he signed for The Sevco :'-(((((

Weststandwanab
02-01-2014, 02:14 PM
That would be just as bad as Sparky to Celtc. :rolleyes:More chance of me to Celtic !

Would take wee Jorge back in a second!! Can't understand anyone that wouldn't!? Would be totally gutted if he signed for The Sevco :'-((((( . Me 2

Beefster
02-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Before we use up a wage on bringing Claros back, we should check what Joe Keenan's current situation is.

NOLA
02-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Would take him over KT and OTJ in a hearbeat.

Hibbyradge
02-01-2014, 02:33 PM

We don't have unlimited funds for wages.

This idiot thinks we should use what money we have to strengthen our weakest areas.

Another midfielder would be crazy.

Hibbyradge
02-01-2014, 02:38 PM
why do we need a right back , thought forster was doing okay, seems malpas and tb are maybe trying to mould him into one. also liked claros but had no goal threat so cant see him coming back imo.

Forster did well, but he's a centre half and we have no one else, unless you think Clancy will ever play again.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Great wee player - has he signed yet? :wink:

CmoantheHibs
02-01-2014, 03:07 PM
It amazes me that some people don't want Claros back.I can understand about having too many midfielders in the squad and the issue of other areas needing addressed but he would be our best and most valuable midfielder by a long way.Get rid of 1 or 2 to make way for him.Given his energy, passing range,tackling ability and his talent to read the game I cant understand why, not being restricted and given a license to get forward when appropriate, he would not be sensational for us under TB.If TB cannot utilse his abilities then he is not the manager I thought he was.Also his ability to remain calm and retain possession is huge advantage when trying to defend a lead or play on the counter attack.
If possible get him signed.These opportunities do not come around very often

southern hibby
02-01-2014, 03:08 PM
There are certain positions that DO NEED strengthening, however The Jan window is notoriously hard to get good players I'n ( but not unachievable ).
So question is do we take a player who will no doubt strengthen us and leave less funds available for other positions, or do we let his undoubted talent pass us by?
I for one am all for getting players when we can because I believe the more quality we have at ER the more players that we go after will be more inclined to sign for us. GGTTH

dp00
02-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Was told Claros will be coming and has already got a flat beside easter road...

Was told this in middle of December

Him and his wife felt safe in Edinburgh and he was really keen to bring up his kid here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Sanger
02-01-2014, 05:34 PM
The holding player we nee

PeeJay
02-01-2014, 05:36 PM
It amazes me that some people don't want Claros back.

Really - if he's that "good", why are we the only club that seems to be after him and why is he being given a "free" from his current club - is it maybe because he's too good for them? Think he is hugely overrated by some netters myself ...

Sanger
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Really - if he's that "good", why are we the only club that seems to be after him and why is he being given a "free" from his current club - is it maybe because he's too good for them? Think he is hugely overrated by some netters myself ...

Contracts finished so club can get nothing for him. Helped Honduras to World Cup finals.

CapitalHibs
02-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Was told Claros will be coming and has already got a flat beside easter road...

Was told this in middle of December

Him and his wife felt safe in Edinburgh and he was really keen to bring up his kid here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

That was my understanding too and I believe he loved the concept of the Hibernian Family. Honduras has one of the highest murder rates in the world. Bet Jorge wants to get his family out of there as quick as possible.

3pm
02-01-2014, 05:50 PM
I've not read the whole thread but The Cat was always well informed about his situation. Come on man....

NOLA
02-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Sure I read he wanted to play in the states

SonOfDavidFrancey
02-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Personally I think we have had too many years of managers trying to build what's available into a team. let TB, MM and SM agree what they need and send SM out to
find them.

jacomo
02-01-2014, 09:42 PM

Bring him back. Please!!