PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams happy to extend stay

Nevi_SOL
02-01-2014, 02:00 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/ben-williams-keen-on-extending-hibs-stay-1-3253114 :thumbsup:. Would love this to happen.

Boyle89
02-01-2014, 02:18 AM
If there is a god, then Williams will sign an extension. Will be very disappointed if he leaves especially for nothing. Wouldn't surprise me if Celtic came sniffing about.

monktonharp
02-01-2014, 02:40 AM
well well, is it me or is it Pattullo trying to install a wee bit of worry into Hibs players and fans? you decide, when you read his story. I do hope our 1st team goalie decides to sign up for an extension. if not, we move on. he's been pretty good over the last 5 games, ably assisted by a decent back 4 performance it has to be said

Vini1875
02-01-2014, 03:07 AM
Who is this guy Pattullo? Not sure Pat Fenlon would like to be described as a Northern Irishman. I know its a small point but it's the type of lazy, poor and probably not proof read journalism that does my head in.

Good to hear Ben Williams is likely to stay. Maybe that is what was wrong with the reporter having to type while weeping about things going in the right direction for Hibs.

Greencore
02-01-2014, 03:32 AM
Would love for this to happen.

mikewynne
02-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Who is this guy Pattullo? Not sure Pat Fenlon would like to be described as a Northern Irishman. I know its a small point but it's the type of lazy, poor and probably not proof read journalism that does my head in.

Good to hear Ben Williams is likely to stay. Maybe that is what was wrong with the reporter having to type while weeping about things going in the right direction for Hibs.

I agree. Messing up a person's nationality is a bad, basic and insulting error that even a rookie journalist should never make.

green day
02-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Pattulo is a Dundee fan. He has no axe to grind with Hibs but looks like he made a mistake with the fenlon bit.

Let's be honest, we have underwhelmed for years - occasional cup final appearances aside - so are we surprised if journos wait to see if butcher CAN make a difference this time?

matty_f
02-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Interesting point at the end of the article where Williams says that we now go into every game looking for a win, not just a positive result.
Implies that Fenlon definitely sent them out just not to lose at times.

Great news that Williams wants to stay, he's by far and away the best keeper we have had in many years.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Best keeper outside Celtic in Scotland.

spike220
02-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Best keeper outside Celtic in Scotland. :agree::agree:

Saorsa
02-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Be happy tae have him, somebody hurry up and give him a pen :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Be happy tae have him, somebody hurry up and give him a pen :thumbsup:
Nice bit I'd psychology and positive news before Derby by club .just another example of how we are now doing things right . I know he hasn't actually signed yet but if he is indicating he wants to looks like it will be done deal

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2014, 10:27 AM
At 31 he will be looking for bit of security so perhaps a minimum 3 year deal?

BH Hibs
02-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Best keeper outside Celtic in Scotland.

Best keeper in Scotland including Celtic's imho.

patlowe
02-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Nice bit I'd psychology and positive news before Derby by club .just another example of how we are now doing things right . I know he hasn't actually signed yet but if he is indicating he wants to looks like it will be done deal

Or he wants to highlight his availability and potentially improve his bargaining position ;-) Seriously though, I hope you're right and we can get this sorted out soon. Our best keeper in god knows how long.

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Sign him up :agree:

Nevi_SOL
02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Best keeper in Scotland including Celtic's imho.

Agreed

hfc rd
02-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Get him signed up! Best GK we have had for over a decade.