PDA

View Full Version : MOTD - Yaya Toure a liability to the team apparantly

easty
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
According to Didi Hamann...:confused:

bingo70
01-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Presumably he gave an explanation as to why he thinks that?

I've always thought he looked good but I've never analysed any of his performances. Maybe he's lazy and doesn't always track runners or something?

Bostonhibby
01-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Probably why the Yam haven't approached him.

3pm
01-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Didi Hamman is a slaver. Great player but talks a load of pish.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Poor mans Craig Rocastle

andrew70
01-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Yaya Toure is an exceptional player but Hamann's reasoning behind the 'liability' comment was perfectly correct. It was insightful and showed up a deficiency in the City squad.

s2hart
02-01-2014, 12:05 AM
I've not seen said programme or Hamann's comments but I watch Yaya Toure a couple of years back in a match and he was probably one of the best players I've ever seen, the guy was head and shoulders above anyone else and strolled the game, albeit it was against West Ham though lol.

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2014, 01:08 AM
Best player in the EPL

HibsNutter
02-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Yaya Toure, alongside Fernandinho generally plays as a holding midfielder. I personally feel as though this exposes his weaknesses as he can be lazy and often doesn't track midfield runners. Whenever I've seen him lately he has been poor with the exception of the odd moment of magic, which means most people generally turn a blind eye to the overall poor performance. Fernandinho has definitely been the most efficient of the two in that role, this season.

Pete
02-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Yaya Toure is an exceptional player but Hamann's reasoning behind the 'liability' comment was perfectly correct. It was insightful and showed up a deficiency in the City squad.

Agree. I think "liability" was the wrong word to use but you can forgive that as English isn't his first language.

He was also spot on when he said that the midfield, including Toure, would be more structured and disciplined during the week due to the opposition.

City are a pundits dream because let's face it, they have personnel to play any way they want to and a quality manager who can change things that aren't working.

matty_f
02-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Agree. I think "liability" was the wrong word to use but you can forgive that as English isn't his first language.

He was also spot on when he said that the midfield, including Toure, would be more structured and disciplined during the week due to the opposition.

City are a pundits dream because let's face it, they have personnel to play any way they want to and a quality manager who can change things that aren't working.

I think liability was probably used correctly given the level that City aspire to play at. You'll get away with Toure doing that v Swansea but it's a different story against the top Champions League sides.

easty
02-01-2014, 09:35 AM
In no way is Yaya Toure a liability. I'm sure there was a thing on SkySports news the other day about Ross Barkley, they showed he was one of the best midfielders, based on stats so far this season. Who was top? Yaya Toure. More goals. More passes. Higher pass completion rate. What a liability...

Just checked fantasy premier league.com, only Hazard and Suarez have more points than him. Must be a burden for Man City to have him.

MWHIBBIES
02-01-2014, 09:36 AM
He is pretty inconsistent though, there is games where he is awful and games where he runs the show.

hibsbollah
02-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Yaya Toure is the best complete midfielder playing in England IMO. Would get into a world XI.

McKenzie
02-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Best player in the EPL

This a hundred times. City are a far weaker team without him, he can do absolutely anything and when he's on form he is virtually unplayable

patlowe
02-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Haven't seen MOTD yet but caught a bit of the Man City game yesterday and couldn't believe how lazy Toure was for one of the Swansea goals. He's obviously a class player but it should still be flagged up if he's not putting in the required effort.

lapsedhibee
02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Haven't seen MOTD yet but caught a bit of the Man City game yesterday and couldn't believe how lazy Toure was for one of the Swansea goals. He's obviously a class player but it should still be flagged up if he's not putting in the required effort.

That's all that Hamann was saying, really, and he illustrated his point with four or five examples.

Though I don't think it's been acceptable since Big Ron Manager got sacked for a broadcaster to say that a black player is "lazy".

easty
02-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Though I don't think it's been acceptable since Big Ron Manager got sacked for a broadcaster to say that a black player is "lazy".

Wow. And it was a German who called him lazy as well. Must be a nazi.

What a stupid post.

--------
02-01-2014, 11:21 AM
According to Didi Hamann...:confused:

He can come to ER and be a liability to Hibs ANYTIME. :greengrin

zlatan
02-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Yaya Toure is brilliant and learnt it all fi Sol Bamba.

I'd love to frolic with both in a nice meadow on a summers day.

lapsedhibee
02-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Wow. And it was a German who called him lazy as well. Must be a nazi.

What a stupid post.

What makes you think Hamann's a Nazi?

(Though I don't think Hamann called Toure lazy - have you just made that up?)