PDA

View Full Version : Tell all the Hearts you know

BH Hibs
01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
He's deid

Keith_M
01-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Eh, naw.

Given the recent deaths of young players associated with both sides, this is not really in good taste.

yeezus.
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Eh, naw.

Given the recent deaths of young players associated with both sides, this is not really in good taste.

:agree: I agree, pretty sure most people won't be singing this given the timing of the two tragic deaths.

iwasthere1972
01-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be singing it regardless. Rather sing about Hibs than them.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Thecat23
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't sing that anyway. Tasteless song! Plenty Hibs songs to sing which I'll happily join in with.

MyJo
01-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Tell all the hearts you know, your going to the division below.
Your on minus two, Locke hasnae a clue
Tell rangers we said hello hello!

SteveHFC
01-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Wouldn't sing that anyway. Tasteless song! Plenty Hibs songs to sing which I'll happily join in with.

:agree:

hibbymick
01-01-2014, 02:35 PM

I like it....A lot :greengrin

Pretty Boy
01-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Like that.

Fife-Hibee
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM

Lol

Keith_M
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM

:thumbsup:

Gerard
01-01-2014, 02:41 PM

I agree with this sentiment. We are Hibernian and we are above this kind of thing.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2014, 02:46 PM
He's deid

I think you forgot to engage something... booze no excuse.

BH Hibs
01-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Sorry just another year that hibs have outlived the FTB. Apologies to the sensitive soles

Pretty Boy
01-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Sorry just another year that hibs have outlived the FTB. Apologies to the sensitive soles

Behave.

What's peoples shoes got to do with things anyway?

hibbymick
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Behave.

What's peoples shoes got to do with things anyway?

:greengrin Whoooooooooosh

Stax
01-01-2014, 03:10 PM
:top marks

Pretty Boy
01-01-2014, 03:13 PM

No.

Diclonius
01-01-2014, 03:31 PM
He's deid

:rolleyes:

Keith_M
01-01-2014, 03:43 PM

Actually, I think this is YOUR whoosh moment.

Sole or Soul? :wink:

p.s. Any chance this thread could be deleted?

Elephant Stone
01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I agree with this sentiment. We are Hibernian and we are above this kind of thing.

Not really, the song gets belted out every time we play them, along with a couple of cringe-worthy other ones. Embarrassing.

hfc rd
01-01-2014, 04:04 PM

This.

:thumbsup: Very good!

SkintHibby
01-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I notice there are a lot of young people commenting on this thread about Wallet Merger.

Do us a favour and refrain from doing so.

Only us older ones remember how we felt when when we thought that FTB was going to destroy our club forever. I will always despise that man - alive AND dead!!!

Barney McGrew
01-01-2014, 05:54 PM
I notice there are a lot of young people commenting on this thread about Wallet Merger.

Only us older ones remember how we felt when when we thought that FTB was going to destroy our club forever. I will always despise that man - alive AND dead!!!

This.

He tried to kill our club. **** him.

Saorsa
01-01-2014, 06:00 PM

Only us older ones remember how we felt when when we thought that FTB was going to destroy our club forever. I will always despise that man - alive AND dead!!!Had tae happen eventually, 1st time I think I've agreed with you.

Elephant Stone
01-01-2014, 06:00 PM
This.

Why not celebrate the fact that he failed to kill our club rather than the fact that he died of cancer? We like to occupy some kind of moral high ground in terms of fans and singing, "Hibs class" is something that crops up all the time but celebrating someone dying of cancer just makes us look utterly ****my, regardless of who he was.

MyJo
01-01-2014, 06:02 PM

This.

Nothing wrong with hating the man and what he tried to do and nobody, young or old, is telling you to forgive and forget but for us to be singing a song celebrating the death of someone a week after one of our own died in tragic circumstances shows a lack of class that is below our fantastic support.

Mr White
01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Why not celebrate the fact that he failed to kill our club rather than the fact that he died of cancer? We like to occupy some kind of moral high ground in terms of fans and singing, "Hibs class" is something that crops up all the time but celebrating someone dying of cancer just makes us look utterly ****my, regardless of who he was.
:agree: I remember what it was like in 1990. I was young but was at the usher hall forum and knew exactly what the consequences of that ***** intentions would be. Doesn't make it right to celebrate a man's death like that though, not unless we want to look like ***** too.

BH Hibs
01-01-2014, 06:18 PM

Cancer is not mentioned in the song he"s dead and we're no kinda does celebrate the fact he tried and failed to kill our club and we've outlived him finally never claimed to ever take the moral high ground whilst supporting the hibs. I do respect the opinions of fellow fans that do not like the song and each is welcome to their own views

joe breezy
01-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I don't understand rejoicing in a person's death unless you really hated the person's relatives

Being dead is a state of nothingness - I was dead in 1960 and I'll be dead again in 50 years

The only people that will be hurt by my passing will be good friends and relatives

Which is why the Mercer song is pointless - and I was at the Hands off Hibs Rally

Scònaldò
01-01-2014, 06:41 PM
I was only 3 in the mercer days but celebrating another human being's death is sad IMO.

Hibernian FC are still here, celebrate that instead!

silverhibee
01-01-2014, 06:42 PM
F*** him. FTB

He tried to kill our family off.

GGTTH

Robinho08
01-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Hate that song.

ALF TUPPER
01-01-2014, 06:48 PM
He's deid

Not needed. We are better than this .

happiehibbie
01-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Being old enough to remember the day the news broke that Hearts where going to take over Hibs a very sad day

BUT the guy highlighted the fact that DUFF and GRAY had sold us down the river just like the Mad one has with our rivals

I want us to show that edinburgh football teams are way above bigotry! religion and sick songs about people dying of the most horrific illness that cancer is

GGTTH

Cabbage East
01-01-2014, 07:07 PM
In her drawer...

SurferRosa
01-01-2014, 07:09 PM

Swap the word 'rangers' (as they dont exist anymore) for the word 'SevCo, and it`s a hit... :agree:

wearethehibs
01-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Have to be a sad **** to still sing that song.

Saorsa
01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Have to be a sad **** to still sing that song.:blah:

Scònaldò
01-01-2014, 07:27 PM

It doesn't matter how old you are. To "despise" someone as much to laugh up his or hers death says more about you.

Did you even know the man?

hibeesathampden
01-01-2014, 07:42 PM
In her drawer...
:greengrin

jon paul jones
01-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Simples

Tell all the Hearts you know
Wallace Mercer was right long ago
One City One team
They'll always wear green
Wallace Mercer was right long ago

lord bunberry
01-01-2014, 10:43 PM
I love the mercer song
Oh tell all the hearts you know Wallace mercer is deid and we're no
He's under the ground he'll never be be found
Wallace mercer is deid and we're no
**** him and **** the hearts

Hibs07p
02-01-2014, 04:13 AM

Auld Lang Syne

The only team to sing about,
The only team to see,
The only team in Edinburgh,
Hibernian FC...

GGTTH

ANDY McGEECHAN
02-01-2014, 04:41 AM

Well said mate. Will never forget that smug b*****ds face when he thought he had the shares .
Despised him then, despise him now and always will. GIRFUY YA FAT TORY B*****D.

Nevi_SOL
02-01-2014, 04:44 AM
Auld Lang Syne

The only team to sing about,
The only team to see,
The only team in Edinburgh,
Hibernian FC...

GGTTH

I like that

Pete
02-01-2014, 05:49 AM
If you don't like it then don't join in.

Hearts arrogance personified.

Ozyhibby
02-01-2014, 07:03 AM
It remains the only case in world football of one football club trying to buy it's rivals to close them down in order to gain market share. It was a despicable act from a horrible club and their imminent demise will give me great pleasure as Hibs will have had no hand in it.
That said, it's a crap song and I'll never sing it. Not Hibs class.

Broken Gnome
02-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Not tonight eh. You don't commemorate two peoples' lives then rejoice in the death of someone else, no matter how different they are.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Not tonight eh. You don't commemorate two peoples' lives then rejoice in the death of someone else, no matter how different they are.

This 100%. Singing 'he's deid' so shortly after the deaths of two teenagers is absolutely not Hibs class.

Libby Hibby
02-01-2014, 07:35 AM

Not tonight, not never, shocking song.

Would it be nice if we sung all Hibs songs tonight instead of singing anything about them?

Apart from them going down :greengrin

Caversham Green
02-01-2014, 08:00 AM
It remains the only case in world football of one football club trying to buy it's rivals to close them down in order to gain market share. It was a despicable act from a horrible club and their imminent demise will give me great pleasure as Hibs will have had no hand in it.
That said, it's a crap song and I'll never sing it. Not Hibs class.

Actually Robert Maxwell's Oxford United had tried to buy out Reading a couple of years earlier (when Oxford were the 'big' team in the area). There was a similar reaction to the idea down here and Reading were subsequently rescued by a local businessman who had made his fortune in a motor-related trade. The aptly-named 'Bob' is now viewed by Reading fans in much the same way as us Hibbies regard Mercer.

ronaldo7
02-01-2014, 08:06 AM

:agree: Leave it for Tiny on March 29th

Andy74
02-01-2014, 08:07 AM

In the words of The Proclaimers: On some graves you should dance.

ANDY McGEECHAN
02-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Well said mate. Will never forget that smug b*****ds face when he thought he had the shares .
Despised him then, despise him now and always will. GIRFUY YA FAT TORY B*****D.

But having said that, don't think we should be singing mercer song tonight.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2014, 08:14 AM

Thats right, i have and will sing this song again, but after last week this in my opinion is just not right at this time.

I hate Mercer and will hate him until my last breath on this earth, but i will refrain from singing this song tonight.

Saorsa
02-01-2014, 08:15 AM
The same people would be banging on about the FTB song regardless of the tragic events with those lads. Seems a bit off tae me trying tae use those tragic events as part of their argument. What happened tae those lads was indeed tragic, that fat greedy money grabbing **** falling off his perch was not.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:19 AM
The same people would be banging on about the FTB song regardless of the tragic events with those lads. Seems a bit off tae me trying tae use those tragic events as part of their argument. What happened tae those lads was indeed tragic, that fat greedy money grabbing **** falling off his perch was not.

How many years ago was that now exactly? If you cannae give it a rest with the 'he's deid' when it's quite possible two families grieving the loss of a son or grandson are watching then you seriously need help.

hibbymick
02-01-2014, 08:19 AM
I see on brokeback they are getting all uptight about the opening post. Now I could possibly be wrong here but did those two faced inbreeds not sing a song about scott browns sister ?

Hearts fans......more faces than the toon clock.

p.s I won't be singing the mercer song.

Saorsa
02-01-2014, 08:22 AM
How many years ago was that now exactly? If you cannae give it a rest with the 'he's deid' when it's quite possible two families grieving the loss of a son or grandson are watching then you seriously need help.Away 'n' bile yer heid son.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Away 'n' bile yer heid son.

Stay classy.

Saorsa
02-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Stay classy.Stay sanctimonious. Better watch yer halo never slips though son, could be dangerous. :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2014, 08:29 AM

Idiot.

1two
02-01-2014, 08:32 AM

He tried to delete us
He failed
We win

Why not just leave it at that and show a bit class

ronaldo7
02-01-2014, 08:34 AM
It's being discussed over the road, and this is one of the posts that just might allow all those who did not go through the events at the time to realise what occurred.

"With regards to Wallace Mercer, I do wish that he had finished them. The "merger" was never, ever a merger, it was a complete takeover of hibs by Hearts. It was a long term view that ONE team in Edinburgh would attract the same fan base as the Old Firm do. I was at a shareholders meeting at this time when Wallace said that we 100% wouldnt change our colours, we 100% wouldnt change our badge...a takeover. "

I have made my feeling known about the song for tonight, but I will be singing it with gusto at Tiny in March.

**** THE HEARTS

147lothian
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
He tried to delete us
He failed
We win

Why not just leave it at that and show a bit class

It's a waste of time giving it any more time!

Ronniekirk
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
In the words of The Proclaimers: On some graves you should dance.
Elvis Costello about thatcher before she was dead Tramp the Dirt Down .polemic poetry.Politics will always find an out let in songwriting and sometimes that means distasteful lyrics hit the mark best . having said that I won t be singing it but that despicable man and what he tried to do should never be forgotten and we need some song that we can all agree on to live onin our rich tapestry of History

judas
02-01-2014, 08:36 AM

I was going to ask if you had been living in solitary confinement for the past 3 weeks, but fair play to you.

Let's park this song and come up with a few more to irritate The Cheats.

easty
02-01-2014, 08:41 AM
How many years ago was that now exactly? If you cannae give it a rest with the 'he's deid' when it's quite possible two families grieving the loss of a son or grandson are watching then you seriously need help.

Singing about Wallace Mercer being deid has nowt to go with the tragic deaths of those 2 boys. Absolutely nowt.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Singing about Wallace Mercer being deid has nowt to go with the tragic deaths of those 2 boys. Absolutely nowt.

You think if you've lost someone in tragic circumstances and hear 'He's deid' that'd make all the difference?

Dignity ffs

easty
02-01-2014, 08:49 AM
You think if you've lost someone in tragic circumstances and hear 'He's deid' that'd make all the difference?

Dignity ffs

I think those families are hurting plenty already. I think that every time this songs been sung at a game there have been people there who have recently lost someone.

I think you'd make a good politician, piggy backing on a tragic event to try to back up your own point (not liking this Mercer song), when really there's no connection.

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:51 AM
I think those families are hurting plenty already. I think that every time this songs been sung at a game there have been people there who have recently lost someone.

I think you'd make a good politician, piggy backing on a tragic event to try to back up your own point (not liking this Mercer song), when really there's no connection.

I'm not piggy backing on anything; there's a time and a place for everything and given recent events I strongly don't think tonight is the time on the place.

No point in arguing this further as it appears we have entirely differing standards.

Aldo
02-01-2014, 08:55 AM
I notice there are a lot of young people commenting on this thread about Wallet Merger. Do us a favour and refrain from doing so. Only us older ones remember how we felt when when we thought that FTB was going to destroy our club forever. I will always despise that man - alive AND dead!!!

This is the reason I hate that club even more. He tried to destroy the club.

O as for the song.... To sign this song today would be in very bad taste IMHO and as others have mentioned there are other songs we can sing.

**** the Yams

easty
02-01-2014, 08:56 AM
No point in arguing this further as it appears we have entirely differing standards.

True.

We'd be better off just agreeing that we both want to **** the hearts tonight!

Northernhibee
02-01-2014, 08:57 AM
True.

We'd be better off just agreeing that we both want to **** the hearts tonight!

Can agree on that. We want eight! :greengrin:

The_Todd
02-01-2014, 11:21 AM
This thread is a car crash.

GreenCastle
02-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Cringe - surprised Mods haven't deleted this - poor form.

Aldo
02-01-2014, 11:26 AM
The reply to this from Brokeback

Posted Today, 06:44
Glad one of the fuds posted what FTB meant - hadn't a clue what the **** were bleating about.

True Hibs class - even funnier if the media pick up on them singing about dead people after the recent ' let's win every game in tribute to David'

Classless and sad but then they will always be stuck in the past

1. Not won the big cup since 1902 so have to look at pictures to think of what could be.
2. Bleating on about a 0-7 score for a meaningless game back in 73
3. Singing about Wallace Mercer- as they are doing
4. Singing the Skacel is a refugee song,
only because he reamed them that many times- funnier as he is no longer at the club
4. Singing about Rix and Thompson who no-one supports being paedos while they have Zoomer marrying his 13/14 yr old bride.
5. Singing about us being relegated - I'll give them that one as is i would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot - although it is their only grain of comfort for the years of torture we've handed them.

When all is said and done FTH - that thread has just got me more fired up than ever to do them today.

C'mon Hearts lets do this sorry pi5hy wee club- forever in our Shadows

God Petrie
02-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Has anyone got a spare spade they could lend me?

DarlingtonHibee
02-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Cringe - surprised Mods haven't deleted this - poor form.

Agreed - get rid of this.

1. Would the two boy's family want to hear this - no.

2. Would STF, RP, TB and the team want to hear this - no.

3. Would 95% of attendees tonight want to hear this - no.

4. I was involved in the HOH campaign, but would I want to here this vile song tonight - no.

5% of poster's on here need to grow up.

AK86
02-01-2014, 11:49 AM
I think the majority agree that this song should not be sung. Especially tonight.
football fans are cruel though, and I would imagine a few units of alcohol to be consumed by many before the game tonight :greengrin will throw any common sense left out the window.
I think the more people who try and keep a bit sense and don't sing it, in respect of the two laddies families then the better it will be for all concerned.

one thing aside on the Mercer issue, which I feel is totally overlooked, is that poppy stealers hated hated by the end as well. They hunted him out their cheating little club. This fact has been forgotten conveniently by them , as it dosent fit in with victim role, they so love to play

MyJo
02-01-2014, 11:53 AM
The reply to this from Brokeback

Posted Today, 06:44
Glad one of the fuds posted what FTB meant - hadn't a clue what the **** were bleating about.

True Hibs class - even funnier if the media pick up on them singing about dead people after the recent ' let's win every game in tribute to David'

Classless and sad but then they will always be stuck in the past

1. Not won the big cup since 1902 so have to look at pictures to think of what could be.
2. Bleating on about a 0-7 score for a meaningless game back in 73
3. Singing about Wallace Mercer- as they are doing
4. Singing the Skacel is a refugee song,
only because he reamed them that many times- funnier as he is no longer at the club
4. Singing about Rix and Thompson who no-one supports being paedos while they have Zoomer marrying his 13/14 yr old bride.
5. Singing about us being relegated - I'll give them that one as is i would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot - although it is their only grain of comfort for the years of torture we've handed them.

When all is said and done FTH - that thread has just got me more fired up than ever to do them today.

C'mon Hearts lets do this sorry pi5hy wee club- forever in our Shadows

:hilarious: hurting much?

TheReg!
02-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Bin the thread out of respect for the two young kids who died at such a young age!

FTB song=Not today!

Let's get behind the team with Hibs songs.

DarlingtonHibee
02-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Bin the thread out of respect for the two young kids who died at such a young age!

FTB song=Not today!

:agree:

mutley
02-01-2014, 12:40 PM

FTB song=Not today!

Ditto

dodecar
02-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I don't understand rejoicing in a person's death unless you really hated the person's relatives

Being dead is a state of nothingness - I was dead in 1960 and I'll be dead again in 50 years

The only people that will be hurt by my passing will be good friends and relatives

Which is why the Mercer song is pointless - and I was at the Hands off Hibs Rally

So was I and Mercer and his friend Thatcher can both rot in hell

NOLA
02-01-2014, 02:20 PM

Like it :)

Pretty Boy
02-01-2014, 02:25 PM
The arguments on this thread about that song have been done a million times before.

Thread closed.

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I see on brokeback they are getting all uptight about the opening post. Now I could possibly be wrong here but did those two faced inbreeds not sing a song about scott browns sister ?

Hearts fans......more faces than the toon clock.

p.s I won't be singing the mercer song.

1. and tony mowbray's wife :agree: i'l never take any lessons in morality from any hertz sparryheids

2. neither will i, and haven't done for quite a long time