PDA

View Full Version : The good old days when you had to queue outside Easter Road for tickets.

iwasthere1972
01-01-2014, 02:20 PM
How easy is it now? Even sit at home and print your ticket in the comfort of your home.

What's your memories of queuing (maybe even overnight) to get your hands on a match ticket. Maybe for the derby or a trip to Hampden.

I only did it the once. Three hours in the snow and freezing my bollocks off was enough for me.

I said then. Never again.

Makaveli
01-01-2014, 02:53 PM
There were always huge queues for Tynecastle tickets in the Mowbray years. Never overnight but often really early starts with the queue snaking along the street, up and down the car park etc. I also fondly remember queuing for two hours to get a Hibs wristband in 2005 then heading off to Dunfermline for a 4-1 win later in the day. :agree:

I remember the first away derby when we could book online. I set my alarm then it was refresh refresh refresh until I got through. Took longer than expected so my dad then had to run me into the university... still missed the start of the lecture, though. I think this was the December '06 game when Gordon got Deano sent off.

My worst queuing memory was turning up to ER one Sunday morning to get tickets for Falkirk away in the cup QF. Got there by half nine only to be told there were already more bodies in the queue than tickets available. We missed out by about 20 tickets and I was raging because Hibs had given folk who bought 1/2 STs before a certain date the same priority as genuine "Early Birds" like me. Not that I'm still bitter or that. :greengrin

Obviously it's easier now with online booking and print at home etc, but I hope we'll soon have a team that inspires the same kind of ticket scrambles Mowbray's did.

Saorsa
01-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Done it numerous times overnight, at the back of the old west stand and the wee shop they used tae have on ER. Carry out and a few snacks. Met some real bams (you'd have tae be tae start queuing about 7 or 8 the night before) but good hibbies. Glad it disnae need tae be done now or I'd be ticketless, **** doing that now :greengrin