PDA

View Full Version : Yams Has Donald Ford been on the cooking sherry?

H18sry
01-01-2014, 09:37 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hearts-legend-donald-ford-on-way-forward-for-club-1-3252344 :faf::faf::faf:

Ronniekirk
01-01-2014, 10:01 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hearts-legend-donald-ford-on-way-forward-for-club-1-3252344 :faf::faf::faf:
I enjoyed the article He was the poor mans Alan Gordon .But he is talking about financial sananity needing to break out in football .ok he could have been more honest and said hear7s and rangers cheating there way to silverware isn't morally acceptable but he is involve still in trying to bring about the change he thinks would be best for the club he supports .
He is pointing out what we all know developing young players like Dundee United have is the way forward for most clubs .
he was fulsome in his praise of Turnbull tornadoes when we dominated derbies and he is right how this team didn't win more was a puzzle to me as a teenager watching them demolish teams some weeks by. 5 6 7 and 8 goals Although jock steins Celtic were one big factor and Turnbull getting rid of players to early was another eg off loading jimmy o rourke who interestingly ford singles out for special mention . .
whether he is right about a revolution at Tynecastle happening. Supports owning clubs being the right way forward I don't know . talking of revolution Can you here the jambs sing Singing the song of Angry men . how apt am away for a wee sherry myself Mae heid is bursting Worst thing about new year is the morning after

Ozyhibby
01-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Seems to be a growing trend of Hearts people lecturing everyone else on the benefits of financial prudence and club ownership structures.
Shame they are not speaking from experience on either matter.

Sergey
01-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Seems to be a growing trend of Hearts people lecturing everyone else on the benefits of financial prudence and club ownership structures.

This indeed.

Where were those outspoken Yams between 2005-2013? Lording it in hospitality with their heads in the sand while ripping off charities.

5-1 and all that really seems a little hollow now.

Cretins.

Beefster
01-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Was he calling for financial prudence in 2006?

McD
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I only remember Donald ford for one thing.

my dad told me of him and Jim black being interviewed on tv before a derby, after they'd both retired. When questioned about what stood out from his derby memories, black stated 'wearing extra large shorts whenever we played hearts'. When the interviewer gave him a puzzled look, Jim elaborated with 'well, I needed the extra room from keeping Donald in my pocket for the whole match' :greengrin

Ronniekirk
01-01-2014, 10:29 AM
We all know he wasn't but we need to start somewhere and have the debate about sporting integrity and financial stability .So it's a new year and wish the powers that be would be more outspoken and make rules that ensure cheats can't prosper but as we are already seeing rangers are spending well outwith their means and buying there way back to top league and nothing being done about it The Hypocrisy and double standards makes me sick .alos the way people talk about we can't afford to do without rangers and hearts in top league is sending out all the wrong signals .so administration continues to be a get out of jail relatively free card for the wealthy .its no wonder some of the deluded ones thought they would get away with it But tomorrow night we can remind them on and off the field they can't Bring it on . but it shouldn't deflect from need for a mature debate and more clarity on the issue from administrators Surprised Rod hasn't been more outspoken on this as he was at outset

clerriehibs
01-01-2014, 10:44 AM

A prize plum.

He spoke out AGAINST the pieman, who seems to have been the only yam in recent times who was willing to bite the bullet and attempt to sort out their debt. He said nothing of note or memory regarding when romanov was swanningin, despite romanov being widely suspected (rightly) of being an out and out crook.

Ford is supposedly a qualified accountant; it's obvious why he gave that up. Another clueless yam creep.

wazoo1875
01-01-2014, 10:55 AM

my dad told me of him and Jim black being interviewed on tv before a derby, after they'd both retired. When questioned about what stood out from his derby memories, black stated 'wearing extra large shorts whenever we played hearts'. When the interviewer gave him a puzzled look, Jim elaborated with 'well, I needed the extra room from keeping Donald in my pocket for the whole match' :greengrin
Like!! I wish I could see Donald ford's face after that comment

cabbageandribs1875
01-01-2014, 11:00 AM
if you were a yamboid you'd be on the sherry as well

http://www.pubshop.co.uk/catalog/images/comptoir-sherry-port-or-liqueur-glass.jpg

hoping it takes the pain away

Hibercelona
01-01-2014, 11:08 AM

Vive la Revolution!

:faf:

O'Rourke3
01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I look forward to the Tynie boys polishing their balance sheets. I seem to remember that being a problem they did not concern themselves with.

GloryGlory
01-01-2014, 11:43 AM
This indeed.

Where were those outspoken Yams between 2005-2013? Lording it in hospitality with their heads in the sand while ripping off charities.

5-1 and all that really seems a little hollow now.

Cretins.

Indeed - ISTR they also hounded out the Pieman when he tried to address Hearts' debts and overspending, dealing with the Mercer legacy. I am surprised that everyone has also forgotten the investment in Hearts by the Herald newspaper group that was written off. They've also had previous transfer bans for not paying money due to clubs for players they have bought with someone else's money.

Their financial profligacy predates Mad Vlad by two decades at least.

truehibernian
01-01-2014, 11:50 AM
A prize plum.

He spoke out AGAINST the pieman, who seems to have been the only yam in recent times who was willing to bite the bullet and attempt to sort out their debt. He said nothing of note or memory regarding when romanov was swanningin, despite romanov being widely suspected (rightly) of being an out and out crook.

Ford is supposedly a qualified accountant; it's obvious why he gave that up. Another clueless yam creep.

This 100%

He blames David Murray for inflating wages yet fails to accurately portray that other clubs 'followed the leader' and jumped on the same bandwagon. It rips my knitting, especially in times of austerity, that people don't take responsibility for their own actions and their own financial mismanagement - no one forced Hearts to spend money under Robinson and Mercer, they did so on their own accord.

He goes on to say others should follow Hearts 'lead' - what lead though ? They've achieved nothing as yet and have no 'model' to again accurately judge. What they have is only 7500 fans signed up to pledging, which means 5000/6000 (if their attendances are to be believed) haven't bought into it - neither have the 7000 others they took to finals and semi finals. Nor the hundreds of thousands of fans dotted around the globe.

So basically Donald you follow and support a club still crippled financially, morally bankrupt, only a fraction of the support have 'bought into' and a club which hasn't as yet been bought or owned by fans. And who blame others for their predicament and still expect sympathy.

Sherry - I think Donald's been spending too many hours in the dark room drinking the developing fluid !

Barney McGrew
01-01-2014, 11:51 AM
He had to pull out of FoH because of business pressures, to post out calendars :faf:

Aye right.

truehibernian
01-01-2014, 11:51 AM
The 'hundreds of thousands of fans' was of course tongue in cheek 😉

Saorsa
01-01-2014, 11:59 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hearts-legend-donald-ford-on-way-forward-for-club-1-3252344 :faf::faf::faf:What a slaverin' yam fud.

GIRFUY

**** the h****s

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Kind of get what he is trying to say. But like so many of the Yam voices of reason over the last 12 months the question has to be asked ... where was he over the last 12 years?

The stirrings of historical revisionism are in evidence too ..... It was all rangers fault. Even Celtc werent stupid enough to try and compete financially with Murray's rangers, what was the Yams excuse?

Whats the betting that in the years to come the Yams will be claiming credit for starting a revolution in Scottish football with at least partial fan ownership of the club. They will be going on about being the first fans to push for it and conveniently forget the reason it happened in the first place.

Ozyhibby
01-01-2014, 12:42 PM
You can only hope that Petrie is taking all this free financial advice from the Yams on board. I'd hate for us to be left behind.

jdships
01-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Had him as my business accountant for a short while in the early 80's .
Lasted around eight months and went to another firm.
Could never get a straight answer from him - " why use three words when sixty sounds better " was his maxim
Pleasant enough guy BUT :rolleyes:

Stonewall
01-01-2014, 01:11 PM

He was scathing about Romanov but not many people were listening. Opposed the Pieman because he doubted his ability to run the club.

Plenty of Yams to have a go at but Donald Ford isn't one of them.

Onion
01-01-2014, 01:28 PM

Now that they've exhausted their stolen stash, you have Yams advising others on how to run their business :blah: Self interest has nothing to do with this of course :blah:

Everyone knows with 100% certainty if another Vlad-like figure came along with £70M and hollow promises of "world cup stars", Champs League wins and destroying the OF - the Yam Sheep would lap it up and stick two fingers up to everyone else.

Maybe once the Yams have been proportionately and properly punished for the years of cheating, and actually apologised for the damage caused to other Scottish teams in the process, we might start listening to those fuds again. Until then, they can suck up the pain they richly deserve.

hibbymick
01-01-2014, 01:40 PM
He was scathing about Romanov but not many people were listening. Opposed the Pieman because he doubted his ability to run the club.

Plenty of Yams to have a go at but Donald Ford isn't one of them.

When you say not many people were listening ...what people ?

Stonewall
01-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Leslie Deans, McGrail brothers, pishy breeks etc in other words the guys with the shares and the power. They had all wanted to believe in Romanov as in true yam fashion it meant they didn't have to cut costs and face the backlash from the fans. Robinson to his credit was belatedly trying to address the financial issues facing he club and the deluded didn't like it.

DF has no power, he's only a highly respected ex-player. A bit like Stanton for us.

Mr White
01-01-2014, 06:54 PM
DF has no power, he's only a highly respected ex-player. A bit like Stanton for us.
More like paul kane no? :greengrin

Stonewall
01-01-2014, 06:57 PM
More like paul kane no? :greengrin

Aye.

Sergey
01-01-2014, 07:00 PM

Leslie Deans, McGrail brothers, pishy breeks etc in other words the guys with the shares and the power. They had all wanted to believe in Romanov as in true yam fashion it meant they didn't have to cut costs and face the backlash from the fans. Robinson to his credit was belatedly trying to address the financial issues facing he club and the deluded didn't like it.

Lets be brutally honest. Whether it be Donald Ford, Pishy Breeks or whoever else, not one of them stood up and made themselves counted. Apart from a fisticuff at an AGM between a shareholder and one of Vlads cohorts, everyone to a man sat back and lauded in the glory.

Did Donald Ford, et al boycott or protest about the unmanageable expenditure? No they didn't. Coming out now spouting pish in the press simply reeks of double standards.

Saorsa
01-01-2014, 07:07 PM
A yam, is a yam, is a yam :agree:

Stonewall
01-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Lets be brutally honest. Whether it be Donald Ford, Pishy Breeks or whoever else, not one of them stood up and made themselves counted. Apart from a fisticuff at an AGM between a shareholder and one of Vlads cohorts, everyone to a man sat back and lauded in the glory.

Did Donald Ford, et al boycott or protest about the unmanageable expenditure? No they didn't. Coming out now spouting pish in the press simply reeks of double standards.

Well most of them actively supported Romanov. Don't recall Donald Ford ever doing that. Can't defend him any further as that would be speculation on my part and to be honest it goes against the grain.

eastterrace
01-01-2014, 07:15 PM

spot on sergey they all stood back and watched him breeze in , him and his son.

hibbymick
01-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Well most of them actively supported Romanov. Don't recall Donald Ford ever doing that. Can't defend him any further as that would be speculation on my part and to be honest it goes against the grain.

IMO he didnt voice his opinion loud enough. If kano can get his tuppenceworth in the media im sure Donald Ford could.

Stonewall
01-01-2014, 07:50 PM
IMO he didnt voice his opinion loud enough. If kano can get his tuppenceworth in the media im sure Donald Ford could.

Yeh, but I guess it depends on the motivation of each individual.

Saorsa
01-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Yeh, but I guess it depends on the motivation of each individual.So he wisnae motivated enough tae speak out against what was going on? Enough said. I'll bet he was there cheering them on tae the cups they they won with the teams they couldnae afford, paid for with money stolen from other people though.

Bostonhibby
01-01-2014, 08:18 PM
the guy thinks like a modern day yam and talks like one, in relation to their current plight and how they got there his views are all too little all too late.

Shame on him if he really felt something for his team and knew something was wrong but waited so long to speak out about how it should be done - does he not understand that no other club have yet any need to attempt their suicidal current plan for salvation or that the masterplan is far from delivered / stalled? No other club has piled up such debt with all the consequences that are yet to come.

Thought he was a half decent player - wouldn't have got on Hibs bench at the time but as an accountant it sounds like he should have stuck to football.

Anyway they are Donald Ducked.

--------
01-01-2014, 08:49 PM

I remember that. Priceless! Great man, Jim, and still going strong at 70.

heretoday
01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Good player Ford but a bit of an odd bod.