PDA

View Full Version : How results impact crowds

Bronson
30-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Just seen the Dundee Utd v Aberdeen game on new years day is a complete sell out. Brilliant from both sets of fans, very refreshing to see.:aok:

Just thought it shows the impact of results on crowds as both sides are going pretty well this season. If Butcher really gets us going we could see some big crowds at ER in the near future:thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2013, 06:42 PM
When was the last time united sold out their end??? Probably had Hamish McAlpine in goal (they can probably ask similar of us mind but I'm shocked at how their crowds have nose-dived and almost "flat-lined" despite their placings)
I agree tho - good news for Scottish football

Bronson
30-12-2013, 06:46 PM
When was the last time united sold out their end??? Probably had Hamish McAlpine in goal (they can probably ask similar of us mind but I'm shocked at how their crowds have nose-dived and almost "flat-lined" despite their placings)

Was really impressed at the support they took to st johnstone yesterday as well, took up more than one stand at least

Carheenlea
30-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Scottish Football is a far more attractive product when Aberdeen, Dundee United, ourselves and Hearts are performing well. All can attract big crowds when things are going well, both home and on the road, which is good news for everyone. Next year will see the league again without Rangers and probably Hearts which will leave the "new firm" derby the leagues premier fixture.

Islington Hibs
30-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Agree god news and just show that the 'loss' of Rangers is no loss at all. By the way what is the Dundee United capacity?

Del Boy
30-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Over 4000 united fans at mcdiarmid yesterday, filled both stands behind the goals and also had part of main stand.

Tannadice holds about 14000

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2013, 06:55 PM
United have had to limit the away support to cater for a bigger home support. Think that is the first time that has happened in ages.

tartanhibee
30-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Dons got 3300 tickets apparently don't know if that includes the shed

Bob Box Fish
30-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Was the utd end not sold out or close to when they played the rangers in the cup last season?

resident_Arab
30-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Dons got 3300 tickets apparently don't know if that includes the shed

The Shed and the Fairplay, usually they get the Jerry Kerr which United have this time, which would usually take the Dons allocation to 5100 but they haven't sold that out since Calderwood was manager, generally bringing 2000-4000

I think our away support has been quite impressive this season on the whole and in recent weeks the home support has certainly increased

We've sold out the home end a good few times in recent years but usually just the two stands which hold under 9000, sometimes including the Shed for certain games like Europe or the Sevco cup game earlier this year, but this is certainly the first time there has been a sell out for this kind of game where we have the three stands and the opposition have sold out the other two

Usually end up with a disappointing result when the big crowds turn up though (Sevco game apart :greengrin)

hfc rd
30-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Scottish Football is a far more attractive product when Aberdeen, Dundee United, ourselves and Hearts are performing well. All can attract big crowds when things are going well, both home and on the road, which is good news for everyone. Next year will see the league again without Rangers and probably Hearts which will leave the "new firm" derby the leagues premier fixture.

It does plus looks as if the Dundee derby will be returning next season as well. I wonder who is going to be our rivals next year.

Ronniekirk
30-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Agree god news and just show that the 'loss' of Rangers is no loss at all. By the way what is the Dundee United capacity?
Any more nuggets from God News What's he predicting for the Derby:wink:

Onceinawhile
30-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Results impact crowds far more than anything else. Take a tenner off ticket prices and our crowd would increase by 1,000. Win 5 in a row and it would increase by 2,000.

Paperboy
30-12-2013, 09:52 PM
I think it's been awhile since clubs outside the Old Firm were giving their fans a reason to go to matches. Dundee United fans are going back in their droves to witness the Gaulden Generation (can I copywriter this?!) Aberdeen supporters feel under Derek McInnes they can make a go of it while every other team must be confident they can put goals past Hearts!

Ronniekirk
30-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Results impact crowds far more than anything else. Take a tenner off ticket prices and our crowd would increase by 1,000. Win 5 in a row and it would increase by 2,000.
Well Petrie won't reduce ticket prices so we can't test that one out so now that we have won two in a row all we Ned to do is beat heats Dundee United and Aberdeen and see if next home crowd is over 12 000

Onceinawhile
30-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Well Petrie won't reduce ticket prices so we can't test that one out so now that we have won two in a row all we Ned to do is beat heats Dundee United and Aberdeen and see if next home crowd is over 12 000

Except we have tested it, numerous times, what with free tickets for your friends or greenday vs ict (incidentally the last time lewis scored) these crowds were well below what we had when mowbray and his team were going great guns.

monktonharp
30-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Was really impressed at the support they took to st johnstone yesterday as well, took up more than one stand at least:agree: did look busy at both ends behind the goals.that is good, to see a sell out against the Dons too

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-12-2013, 12:10 AM
I remember us taking 6,000 through to Livi under Mowbray. We won and it made it 6 victories in a row away from home for the first time in years! If I remember correctly, Whitty and Scott Brown were both injured and were behind the goals with us instead of taking up their seats in hospitality-that's how good the atmosphere and the player/fan relationship was! If Butcher can get that going again then the crowds will increase. Huge potential for Hibs, DU and the Sheep. Only thing letting all 3 down in recent years has been the product on the park

judas
31-12-2013, 02:20 PM

Yes, but 'our end' is bigger than the entire Tannadice Stadium.