PDA

View Full Version : The Hibee Family in 2013

FranckSuzy
30-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Whilst this is not in any particular order, well apart from how it comes into my mind :greengrin I thought I'd have look over the past year and what we've achieved as a family:

1) Clubbing together on the PM Board for a East Stand Stone for Lawrie Reilly :top marks

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/FranckSuzy/20131026_171648.jpg (http://s687.photobucket.com/user/FranckSuzy/media/20131026_171648.jpg.html)

2) Doing the same (with MB posters helping too) for the Famous Five as we await a fitting tribute :not worth

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/FranckSuzy/20131026_171526.jpg (http://s687.photobucket.com/user/FranckSuzy/media/20131026_171526.jpg.html)

3) Clubbing together to help one of our own, Leighanne (cancer is pants), and raising over £1,200 :not worth Even one of our more famous family members, Irvine Welsh, contributed too.

4) Helping those less fortunate to attend matches via Kicks for Kids, from both the Hibs.net fundraising and recently Leith Links. To date, LL alone has raised £3,100 and has bought 22 KfK tickets. Thank you to everyone who has contributed or spread the word.

5) The St. Pat's branch and their admirable work in finally making sure Dan McMichael has a headstone befitting a great Hibs man.

6) The many other charitable quests that posters take up to help a cause close to their hearts, while being supported by other Hibbies

0-7) Lastly, helping the Multi Cultural Family Base and their quest to gain inclusion for BME children by offering assistance, equipment, kit and cash donations (which currently sit at £130 :top marks). That wee boy will NOT be playing in wellies for much longer and neither will any of his wee pals!

Whilst maybe not as newsworthy, I think the support and assistance shown to fellow Hibbies has been second to none, whether it be via offers of tickets, lifts to games or support during difficult times and much, much more.

*A special mention also to the admins on .net. What with sponsorships, competitions and the like, they do a great job in raising funds for the club and generally raising the profile of the Hibees and it's all voluntary too :top marks

That's about it, I think. I know we may not always agree but I think by-in-large, we are not a bad bunch :greengrin So, Happy New Year, GGTTH and here's to a better year on and off the park to us all in 2014 :agree:

Jay
30-12-2013, 04:59 PM
That's a belter of a post Suzy! Well done everybody, we're not as bad a bunch o hobos as some would paint us eh? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kojock
30-12-2013, 05:14 PM
As well as the ongoing hard work for the Dinipro Kids all in all we're quite a decent bunch. GGTTH

FranckSuzy
30-12-2013, 06:08 PM
That's a belter of a post Suzy! Well done everybody, we're not as bad a bunch o hobos as some would paint us eh? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cheers Jill :aok: We're defo not a bad bunch for Hobo's :wink: Mind you, it also hit home how much of a scranner I really am :tee hee:

As well as the ongoing hard work for the Dinipro Kids all in all we're quite a decent bunch. GGTTH

Good call :agree: Excellent work still being done in Dnipro :not worth

ronaldo7
30-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Well done to all concerned in the raising of funds/strips/shorts/boots/trainers/Limos/Stadium tours.

Special mention to you Suzy for all your hard work this year. Well done:aok:

Ronniekirk
30-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Have just recently contributed to this very worthwhile cause.Anyone who has not yet come on board think about making this one of your New Year Resolutions and follow through with it . No matter how small the contribution it all goes to help others less fortunate or others who are through no fault of their own can't afford things we take for granted So make someone's day and get on board.
Keep up the good work Suzy.

FranckSuzy
30-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Well done to all concerned in the raising of funds/strips/shorts/boots/trainers/Limos/Stadium tours.

Special mention to you Suzy for all your hard work this year. Well done:aok:

Have just recently contributed to this very worthwhile cause.Anyone who has not yet come on board think about making this one of your New Year Resolutions and follow through with it . No matter how small the contribution it all goes to help others less fortunate or others who are through no fault of their own can't afford things we take for granted So make someone's day and get on board.

Thank you and it's a pleasure :aok:

Jonnyboy
30-12-2013, 07:38 PM

This. A few pounds a month goes a long way :agree:

down-the-slope
30-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Hibernian Foundation - a credit to our Club and and more than a nod to out roots..

so many volunteers getting involved in many ways.

http://www.hibernianinthecommunity.org.uk/

We don't shout loudly enough about many of the things mentioned on this thread - and we should.....