PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan & Boyd

Delboy4
30-12-2013, 04:41 PM
This is mainly about Boyd, but cast yourself back to before the Heff signed for us...we played Killie the week/maybe two before and he was terrible - he never kicked a ball, it turned out he was having talks with us and must have thought to himself that I'm not going to play well against my new team!!

So, (now I'm only thinking out loud & ok clutching at straws) could it possibly be the same scenario about Kris Boyd, is he in talks with us?

The reason I say this as you cannot play the way he did last week (I know it was only the Yams) THEN play as far off the pace as yesterday!!!!

We will have to just watch this space!!

Anyway,

GGTTH for the derby...let's hump those jambo barstewards, that would make my New Year!

:thumbsup:

SunshineOnLeith
30-12-2013, 04:54 PM
The difference between the two performances was last week he was up against whatever children Hearts are playing at centre half, and yesterday he was up against Paul Hanlon and Michael Nelson.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Could that possibly be down to the fact that we actually have a good defence this season (only 5 teams in the eight leagues in England and Scotland have lost fewer goals than us) and that Hearts are utter knickers?

Just a thought. :dunno:

Pedantic_Hibee
30-12-2013, 05:11 PM
I thought Boyd was impressive yesterday. Rarely lost a header, great positional sense and played some cute passes.

ancient hibee
30-12-2013, 05:13 PM
That's not what he's there for-looks very slow even allowing for Kilmarnock's poor delivery.

KeithTheHibby
30-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Could that possibly be down to the fact that we actually have a good defence this season (only 5 teams in the eight leagues in England and Scotland have lost fewer goals than us) and that Hearts are utter knickers?

Impressive stat.

Seveno
30-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I thought Boyd was impressive yesterday. Rarely lost a header, great positional sense and played some cute passes.

You forgot to mention his lightning pace. He made fools out of Hanlon and Nelson, didn't he ?

Sir David Gray
30-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Impressive stat.

Yep.

QPR
Celtic
Hamilton
Falkirk
Sevco

They're the only sides in England and Scotland to have lost less goals than us.

hfc rd
30-12-2013, 07:44 PM
The difference between the two performances was last week he was up against whatever children Hearts are playing at centre half, and yesterday he was up against Paul Hanlon and Michael Nelson.

I agree with you. Look at the two back fours Boyd & Johnstone were up against:-

Hearts' back 4 against Killie:-

RB - Jamie Hamill
CB - Brad McKay
CB - Danny Wilson
LB - Kevin McHattie

Our back 4 vs Killie:-

RB - Jordan Forster
CB - Michael Nelson
CB - Paul Hanlon
LB - Ryan McGivern

I know which back 4, I would choose to play against.

Frazerbob
30-12-2013, 08:15 PM

I agree. He also put in a power of work. I've never seen him run so much. Definitely added that to his game.

Butcher gave him a big hug when he came off at full time :wink:

Hermit Crab
30-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I agree with you. Look at the two back fours Boyd & Johnstone were up against:-

Hearts' back 4 against Killie:-

RB - Jamie Hamill
CB - Brad McKay
CB - Danny Wilson
LB - Kevin McHattie

Our back 4 vs Killie:-

RB - Jordan Forster
CB - Michael Nelson
CB - Paul Hanlon
LB - Ryan McGivern

I know which back 4, I would choose to play against.

We have to target McDonkey. He's woeful and got turned inside out by kris Boyd who never go a sniff against us. PC should be able to tear up McDonkey for arse paper.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-12-2013, 08:25 PM

The Bucket Collecting Team will probably still, somehow, get that obligatory spawny goal though.