PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Transfers - Watmore, Haynes & Boateng IN - NO More Pics/Videos On This Thread Please

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

weonlywon6-2
14-01-2014, 07:24 PM
CFR Cluj want the tattoo'd freak Stevenson, just been said on Sportsound.

Fc cluj,has that got something to do with toilets?

Jonnyboy
14-01-2014, 07:30 PM
TB says we have no interest in Scotland.

That cannae be right K. It's almost reached FACT status on here that he's a target for TB :wink:

southern hibby
14-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Fc cluj,has that got something to do with toilets?

Don't think so I think it's the team he plays for now have something to do with toilets. Think they're going down the pan. GGTTH

jdships
14-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Is that the club managed by ex Yams boss Paulo Sergio? ISTR they got to the Champions' League group stage last season.

No the manager is MUSTAPHA SH.TE

:greengrin

weonlywon6-2
14-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Don't think so I think it's the team he plays for now have something to do with toilets. Think they're going down the pan. GGTTH

Of course,knew there was a connection somewhere !

smurf
14-01-2014, 08:20 PM
That cannae be right K. It's almost reached FACT status on here that he's a target for TB :wink:

I think the only true fact is that we will see surprise additions!!

Jonnyboy
14-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I think the only true fact is that we will see surprise additions!!

:agree:

Ronniekirk
14-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Sweet!
Subtle reference to Ian Dury and the Blockheads from there New Boots and Panties Debut album Still got it on cassette Sweet Gene Vincent or do you just think the player is Sweet

hibees 7062
14-01-2014, 08:41 PM
No the manager is MUSTAPHA SH.TE

:greengrin

10 Managers in 4 year :greengrin

3pm
14-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Adam Rooney might be available after his performance tonight!

Stax
14-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Subtle reference to Ian Dury and the Blockheads from there New Boots and Panties Debut album Still got it on cassette Sweet Gene Vincent or do you just think the player is Sweet
I just think he's got reasons to be cheerful :greengrin

Ronniekirk
14-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I just think he's got reasons to be cheerful :greengrin
You forgot Part Three

Stax
14-01-2014, 11:37 PM
You forgot Part Three
You sound like my old man, a right clevor trever.

My_Wife_Camille
15-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Got this text

"Young lad at Killie, Jude Winchester. Terry and his scout have been aware of him for a while and have tried to get him on more than one occasion but Kenny wouldn't budge. Johnstone happy for him to find a club now"

Kato
15-01-2014, 07:03 AM
I find multi tasking difficult but hope to be able to jump up and down and yell at the same time at Tynie on 29th March (and celebrate their relegation and get pi**ed) I look forward to that day of multi tasking!!

:.)

Ronniekirk
15-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Article in one of papers saying Terry is saying he is struggling to find right players for Hibs . His interview with hibs Ty about transfers was also down beat for him.Question Is this really the case ,or is he just preparing us for the reality that there isn't the money to do a lot of business on Transfers this window unless the four players who have been told to find new clubs do so sooner than later as have a feeling some of them will take it to the wire before that happens

Hibby Kay-Yay
15-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Got this text

"Young lad at Killie, Jude Winchester. Terry and his scout have been aware of him for a while and have tried to get him on more than one occasion but Kenny wouldn't budge. Johnstone happy for him to find a club now"

Perhaps he was right for Inverness but may not be for us?

Ronniekirk
15-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Got this text

Scored a great goal against us last season but he isn't going to push for first team spot so not what we need right now to improve us

spike220
15-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Article in one of papers saying Terry is saying he is struggling to find right players for Hibs . His interview with hibs Ty about transfers was also down beat for him.Question Is this really the case ,or is he just preparing us for the reality that there isn't the money to do a lot of business on Transfers this window unless the four players who have been told to find new clubs do so sooner than later as have a feeling some of them will take it to the wire before that happens

TB Knows that the winter window is the lame duck window, I dont think budget has much to do with it. I'd rather TB work with with what we have rather than make a signing for the sake of it. He may even be able to build up a small war chest for the summer with any savings he has made by punting a few this window.

Inch Hibs
15-01-2014, 07:27 AM

If we don't do a lot of transfer business this window but indentify and secure the correct players in the correct positions for next season I'll be completely happy instead of signing players for the sake of it this month.

There will definitley be money there. Lets be thankful he won't ***** it like previous managers.

CB_NO3
15-01-2014, 07:41 AM
If we don't do a lot of transfer business this window but indentify and secure the correct players in the correct positions for next season I'll be completely happy instead of signing players for the sake of it this month.

There will definitley be money there. Lets be thankful he won't ***** it like previous managers.
Exactly. To be honest I had written this season off about 3 months ago. If we can get top 6 and a cup run ill be happy. The fact that Butcher has raised the expectations big time is good enough for me. We all know we need new players, Butcher knows it and am sure the players know it but we also know January is a hard time to sign players. Lets keep the base of our squad and off load Taiwo, Vine, KT in the summer and replace them with 3 good, quality attacking players and have a good bash for second next season.

If Aberdeen are the second best team in Scotland just now then we are not far behind them. We are 3 good players from a defo top 4 SPL team next season IMO.

Paloschi
15-01-2014, 08:07 AM
I think if we bring in the right players we can kick on and go for 4th at least. But I agree that it has to be the right players and not to spend for the sake of it.

I think we urgently need a striker and some cover for wings. A centre half for cover if I'm pushing it too.

johncrobertson@
15-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Hibs eye Dickenson
Hibs could be set to sign young Brighton striker Ben Dickenson, after Terry Butcher watched him in action recently.

truehibernian
15-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Hibs eye Dickenson
Hibs could be set to sign young Brighton striker Ben Dickenson, after Terry Butcher watched him in action recently.

Scores for AFC Wombles here in a 2-1 loss....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2VcDNC4Qyc

..apparently known for scoring 'belters' :aok:

Andy74
15-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Exactly. To be honest I had written this season off about 3 months ago. If we can get top 6 and a cup run ill be happy. The fact that Butcher has raised the expectations big time is good enough for me. We all know we need new players, Butcher knows it and am sure the players know it but we also know January is a hard time to sign players. Lets keep the base of our squad and off load Taiwo, Vine, KT in the summer and replace them with 3 good, quality attacking players and have a good bash for second next season.

If Aberdeen are the second best team in Scotland just now then we are not far behind them. We are 3 good players from a defo top 4 SPL team next season IMO.

3 months ago was a strange point to write a season off.

We were in 5th place and 5 points off second place.

SaulGoodman
15-01-2014, 09:52 AM

We know, you've told us that before

Hiber-nation
15-01-2014, 09:58 AM

Ah, the good old days :wink:

frazeHFC
15-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Scores for AFC Wombles here in a 2-1 loss....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2VcDNC4Qyc

..apparently known for scoring 'belters' :aok:

That miss at the end! Great play from Dickenson to set him up though, good goal too.

Andy74
15-01-2014, 09:59 AM
We know, you've told us that before

Do me a favour and put me on ignore then instead of commenting inanely on anything I chose to point out.

GreenCastle
15-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Hibs eye Dickenson

Left sided player - pretty energetic and raw - only 20 years old - quite like Harris - fast and direct.

What would happen to Mr Consistent (Lewis Stevenson though) :dunno:

QMU-1875
15-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Left sided player - pretty energetic and raw - only 20 years old - quite like Harris - fast and direct.

What would happen to Mr Consistent (Lewis Stevenson though) :dunno:

Play him at left back, competition for mcgivern

Andy74
15-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Ah, the good old days :wink:

I'd say winning 5 out of 7 games and losing 1 in 8 constitutes that, aye. We'd draw with Celtic in the next game too.

I'd take that position again now. The conversation seems to have moved to whether 6th or 7th would be better though? I don't get that.

B.H.F.C
15-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I'd say winning 5 out of 7 games and losing 1 in 8 constitutes that, aye. We'd draw with Celtic in the next game too.

I'd take that position again now. The conversation seems to have moved to whether 6th or 7th would be better though? I don't get that.

Yep that 8 game period wasn't too bad. Shame about the other two years worth of crap we endured.

CB_NO3
15-01-2014, 10:18 AM

Am talking about under Fenlon in general. Things were depressing. Football was torture and we were about to start our yearly decline. Now things are looking more positive and it feels good to be a Hibs fan again. We have a manager I have faith in giving time.

truehibernian
15-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Play him at left back, competition for mcgivern

Been arguably our best player this season, along with Hanlon - Lewis just now would be a first pick, he's playing with a confidence that deserted him for years. Midfield is his best position (Lewis), always has been.

I'm aso beginning to really change my tune with Hanlon - he's developed more in a few games under Terry Butcher than under three previous managers - again, I think it's confidence. He seems to be shouting more and directing more, which could also be the Nelson influence next to him.

hibsmad
15-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Yep that 8 game period wasn't too bad. Shame about the other two years worth of crap we endured.

To be honest, given the level of entertainment, even the 8 game period was pretty hard going at times.

Stonewall
15-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Been arguably our best player this season, along with Hanlon - Lewis just now would be a first pick, he's playing with a confidence that deserted him for years. Midfield is his best position (Lewis), always has been.

I'm aso beginning to really change my tune with Hanlon - he's developed more in a few games under Terry Butcher than under three previous managers - again, I think it's confidence. He seems to be shouting more and directing more, which could also be the Nelson influence next to him.

Maybe he's just taken a bit longer to mature than we hoped and I don't think he was ever as bad as some people made out. Butcher was one of the best central defenders I have seen and a superb leader. If he can't learn from TB then there's something badly wrong. Just hope he keeps this level of performance up.

Inch Hibs
15-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Is Andy 74 Pat Fenlon or does he just have a massive man crush?

Brightside
15-01-2014, 10:39 AM

The football was s4it. I think this has been covered. Lets move on.

Brightside
15-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Maybe he's just taken a bit longer to mature than we hoped and I don't think he was ever as bad as some people made out. Butcher was one of the best central defenders I have seen and a superb leader. If he can't learn from TB then there's something badly wrong. Just hope he keeps this level of performance up.

I've not seen a massive improvement in Hanlon. He's always been a top class player. Its only now he's not constantly having to cover for half-fit or simply not very good other Centre Halves. He's the best CH in the league.

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2014, 11:06 AM
http://t.co/jmg2Nt4Mnz

CallumLaidlaw
15-01-2014, 11:07 AM
http://t.co/jmg2Nt4Mnz

He's signing for St Mirren apparently

bookert
15-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I've not seen a massive improvement in Hanlon. He's always been a top class player. Its only now he's not constantly having to cover for half-fit or simply not very good other Centre Halves. He's the best CH in the league.

Couldn't agree more, never understood the amount of criticism he used to get.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Apparently a short term deal until the end of the season if he does go there. I'd take him at us for sure, the guys direct and has pace to burn:agree: Hopefully TB is aware of this and we can hijack the deal:greengrin Maybe this was what TB was on about in his interviews, about players all of a sudden becoming available...

GreenLake
15-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Apparently Stevenson does not want to relocate to a "team sitting second bottom of the Liga 1 (in Romania)."

At least they are not bottom like hertz ya daft fud. Maybe they will hire Billy Brown to lure him over.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hope-to-keep-stevenson-despite-romanian-interest-1-3269067

hibee-shtuggie
15-01-2014, 12:07 PM

Simmer.

SaulGoodman
15-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Simmer.

Do you disagree?

hibee-shtuggie
15-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Do you disagree?

Yes.

EskbankHibee
15-01-2014, 12:27 PM

Obviously delighted with Hanlons recent form and I was always hopeful he would come good but this is a ridiculous post. Hanlon has been a bombscare for years. For me PH and Stevenson have been symbolic of our slide into abject mediocrity and three good games under TB doesn't change that.

SaulGoodman
15-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Yes.

Why?

ehf
15-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Is Andy 74 Pat Fenlon or does he just have a massive man crush?

Don't know, but his attempts to turn every thread into a "we were better off under Fenlon" debate are tedious in the extreme.

Alex Trager
15-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Why?

Because there are better centre half's in the league

hibee-shtuggie
15-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Why?

Because there are better centre half's in the league

Answered for me.

SMAXXA
15-01-2014, 12:47 PM

Hes improved and I'm very impressed with him this season but he's not the best CH in the league that's incorrect IMO. Van Dyke would have something to say about that I'm sure.

Gus Fring
15-01-2014, 12:48 PM

Greg Wylde probably wouldn't be wanted at Hibs. He wasn't released by Aberdeen because of footballing reasons allegedly. Troublemaker.

GraniteCityHibs
15-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Hes improved and I'm very impressed with him this season but he's not the best CH in the league that's incorrect IMO. Van Dyke would have something to say about that I'm sure.

Mark Reynolds also. :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Mark Reynolds is also better in my opionion. Hanlon is getting better and better though, no doubt:agree:

Cabbage_Patch
15-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Hibs eye Dickenson

A mate who works at the Evening News has told me this guy is apparently the nephew of David Dickenson the tango'd antiques boy off TV!

Im not sure if hes at the wind up...quite funny if he was though haha

Aldo
15-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Obviously delighted with Hanlons recent form and I was always hopeful he would come good but this is a ridiculous post. Hanlon has been a bombscare for years. For me PH and Stevenson have been symbolic of our slide into abject mediocrity and three good games under TB doesn't change that.

Bombscare Really. You could put McPake into that category then last season.

If it's not Stevenson it's Hanlon.

Hanlon has been our most consistent/best defender for a number of years.

I take it you didn't see him against the Sheep or against Smellic earlier in the season. The guys been outstanding for us. Maybe not the best in the league but he's up there IMHO.

Hanlon showed what he's all about on Friday nite.

Maybe the problem wasn't Hanlon and that he was being dragged all over the place to assist his partner .....

EskbankHibee
15-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Bombscare Really. You could put McPake into that category then last season.

If it's not Stevenson it's Hanlon.

Hanlon has been our most consistent/best defender for a number of years.

I take it you didn't see him against the Sheep or against Smellic earlier in the season. The guys been outstanding for us. Maybe not the best in the league but he's up there IMHO.

Hanlon showed what he's all about on Friday nite.

Maybe the problem wasn't Hanlon and that he was being dragged all over the place to assist his partner .....

You're right it is one or the other and deservedly so. You've obviously enjoyed watching Hibs the last few seasons then.

I was hopeful Hanlon would fulfil his potential and am glad he's started to put in more consistent performances. But to say he's played well for years is completely short-sighted.

I'm not goin to turn this into an anti-Stevenson thread as I like the guy but I think we will see TB bring in a winger who can actually beat his man

GloryGlory
15-01-2014, 01:51 PM
A mate who works at the Evening News has told me this guy is apparently the nephew of David Dickenson the tango'd antiques boy off TV!

Ah, Rodders has obviously agreed to Tel's request to get him as he'll be "cheap as chips"! :wink: :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-01-2014, 01:57 PM
A Sunderland supporting mate of mine told me that Butcher went to look at the U21 striker David Moberg-Karlsson, but he started on the bench. Doesn't know if he got on or not though. TB has been to two of their games but he wasn't the only one there from the SPFL looking at players.

GordonHFC
15-01-2014, 01:59 PM

Surnames are spelt different.

hfc rd
15-01-2014, 02:11 PM
A Sunderland supporting mate of mine told me that Butcher went to look at the U21 striker David Moberg-Karlsson, but he started on the bench. Doesn't know if he got on or not though. TB has been to two of their games but he wasn't the only one there from the SPFL looking at players.

http://m.skysports.com/article/football/yourclub/9117015?compid=132&teamid=134

Hibiza
15-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Mark Reynolds is also better in my opionion. Hanlon is getting better and better though, no doubt:agree:

Hanlon better, wouldn't be hard and about time.:flag:

Gustavo Fring
15-01-2014, 02:57 PM
st mirren have signed greg wylde according to STV

stevenhibs
15-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Monberg-Karlson is a decent player. I'm not sure why Sunderland didn't give him more time on the park when Fletch was injured. Especially since Altidore was/is honking.

He's fairly quick too. Be surprised but exited to see him if this is the case.

stevenhibs
15-01-2014, 03:18 PM
What makes it more surprising is that apparently Fletcher will be a spurs player by the end of the window or when Sunderland sign this Argentinian lad they're after.

Inch Hibs
15-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Don't know, but his attempts to turn every thread into a "we were better off under Fenlon" debate are tedious in the extreme.

Totally. Every single thread about Butcher and the praise he is rightfully receiving up pops Andy :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
15-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Totally. Every single thread about Butcher and the praise he is rightfully receiving up pops Andy :rolleyes:

Well don't mention Alan O'Brien, Makalamby or Yogi FFS! :greengrin

Inch Hibs
15-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Well don't mention Alan O'Brien, Makalamby or Yogi FFS! :greengrin

I feel I may have a complete difference of opinion with him in that case :greengrin

Up The Bracket
15-01-2014, 04:04 PM
You can have a go at Fenlon all you want, his play style, his failure to use subsitutes, inability to get the players up for big games, yes, of course, he had his flaws and plenty of them, and yes, it was time to go, but in my opinion, he was a good manager for Hibs.

Obviously, there were major blips, two in particular, but all in all, he did what he was brought in to do. We improved after the end of the 2011/12 season and improved our league position hugely, reached two cup finals and yet again improved at the end of last season and we have a decent framework at the moment, with (hopefully) the right man to bring them on further.

Pat Fenlon did what he was brought into do at Hibs, he gave his all and it was time to leave, sick of seeing him constantly slated

FWIW, this is in general, not just upon reading this thread.

Aldo
15-01-2014, 04:15 PM
You're right it is one or the other and deservedly so. You've obviously enjoyed watching Hibs the last few seasons then. I was hopeful Hanlon would fulfil his potential and am glad he's started to put in more consistent performances. But to say he's played well for years is completely short-sighted. I'm not goin to turn this into an anti-Stevenson thread as I like the guy but I think we will see TB bring in a winger who can actually beat his man

You ever thought that Hanlon was doing the job of 2 CH's instead of concentrating on his own game etc. I personally believe PH is one of the. Best CH's ,on his game in the SPFL.

Van Dyke probably is the best but I do think Reynolds and Hanlon are on a par. Reynolds simple mistake on Fri should of lead to a penalty.

If you want to start the negativity about a player (probably our best player in a number of weeks) then dad on.
There's always someone wanting to criticise players even when they are doing well.

Elephant Stone
15-01-2014, 04:16 PM
You can have a go at Fenlon all you want, his play style, his failure to use subsitutes, inability to get the players up for big games, yes, of course, he had his flaws and plenty of them, and yes, it was time to go, but in my opinion, he was a good manager for Hibs.

Obviously, there were major blips, two in particular, but all in all, he did what he was brought in to do. We improved after the end of the 2011/12 season and improved our league position hugely, reached two cup finals and yet again improved at the end of last season and we have a decent framework at the moment, with (hopefully) the right man to bring them on further.

Pat Fenlon did what he was brought into do at Hibs, he gave his all and it was time to leave, sick of seeing him constantly slated

FWIW, this is in general, not just upon reading this thread.

Omg are you Pat Fenlon?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Why are folk talking about PF on this thread. Try keep the posts about transfers/thread title related please:greengrin

erin go bragh
15-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Any chance of keeping this a transfer thread .

Ggtth

HNA11
15-01-2014, 04:38 PM
This is a transfer thread not a thread to have a pop at individual posters.

Let's keep it that way please.

Hibby Gav
15-01-2014, 04:40 PM

this !

Hibdan12
15-01-2014, 06:31 PM

double this!

EskbankHibee
15-01-2014, 06:44 PM
You ever thought that Hanlon was doing the job of 2 CH's instead of concentrating on his own game etc. I personally believe PH is one of the. Best CH's ,on his game in the SPFL.

Van Dyke probably is the best but I do think Reynolds and Hanlon are on a par. Reynolds simple mistake on Fri should of lead to a penalty.

If you want to start the negativity about a player (probably our best player in a number of weeks) then dad on.
There's always someone wanting to criticise players even when they are doing well.

I think we agree that PH has been poor for seasons and is playing well now. If you think that was down to the deadwood around him I'm happy to go with that.

I don't think it's asking too much to want a better option on the wing than Lewis Stevenson.

Hermit Crab
15-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Man city v Blackburn on itv London. Jordan Rhodes not playing. He's "injured" apparently. Hmmmm terry you sly fox you. :D

SMAXXA
15-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Nowt to do with us but heard the other day that the lad Darren Lavery from Berwick was due to sign for Kilmarnock, would be a good move for him. Believe he got offered a decent deal at East Fife aswell but turned it down.

Spike Mandela
15-01-2014, 09:28 PM
HIBS TRANSFER NEWS (@HIBSTRANSFERS1)
15/01/2014 22:24
TB has said Dean Shiels will not be signing for Hibs

nribs
15-01-2014, 09:31 PM
HIBS TRANSFER NEWS (@HIBSTRANSFERS1)
15/01/2014 22:24
TB has said Dean Shiels will not be signing for Hibs
This guy on Twitter is dreadful. TB was quoted saying this in the Metro this morning.

Spike Mandela
15-01-2014, 09:32 PM
This guy on Twitter is dreadful. TB was quoted saying this in the Metro this morning.

Oops sorry. Hadn't heard that myself.

hfc rd
15-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Butcher not interested in Shiels.

Brighton winger Ben Dickenson supposedly recommend to Terry by club scout Steve Marsella.

nribs
15-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Oops sorry. Hadn't heard that myself.
That wasn't a pop at you Spike. Just the boy on Twitter thinks he has all the inside info.

neilmartinrocks
16-01-2014, 02:41 AM
Anybody in the know heard the Jason Scotland for Hibs story going around?

California-Hibs
16-01-2014, 04:19 AM
Anybody in the know heard the Jason Scotland for Hibs story going around?

I'm sure I read on here a few days ago that Butcher himself said that this rumour is rubbish and we are not interested atall.

Nevi_SOL
16-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Nowt to do with us but heard the other day that the lad Darren Lavery from Berwick was due to sign for Kilmarnock, would be a good move for him. Believe he got offered a decent deal at East Fife aswell but turned it down.

I went to school with Darren, good lad pacey striker and knows where the net is.

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Ross co sign another striker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25751604

Ross County have completed the signing of Yoann Arquin after the 25-year-old Martinique international striker was allowed to leave Notts County.

Stevie Reid
16-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Goodwillie possibly off to St. Johnstone: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25762509

Would rather they didn't get him.

The Sea-gull
16-01-2014, 01:04 PM

Yeah, looks like we will be competing with team for a place in the top 6 and don't want them strengthening. When I first heard the link I thought it meant Stevie May would be off and DG would be his replacement with Saints using their cash for this. Sounds like the manager wants to play them both but I wouldn't have thought they would be able to afford both. might still be the case that May is off and Goodwillie goes there.

Quite surprised we have't really been linked but he didn't set the heather alight at United and am hoping the lack of speculation surrounding Hibs and strikers maybe means Terry is concentrating on getting a particular target.

Ell_Chrisso
16-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Nade signed for Dundee

Gustavo Fring
16-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Nade signed for Dundee

hope theyve got a decent forklift truck:nade:

Eternal Hibbie
16-01-2014, 01:25 PM

You would have to think he would score more goals than Collins, hope Tel has someone lined up or its looking like an unproductive window.

Matty_Jack04
16-01-2014, 01:27 PM
You would have to think he would score more goals than Collins, hope Tel has someone lined up or its looking like an unproductive window.

He only scored twice for utd? Not the answer for us IMO

Eternal Hibbie
16-01-2014, 01:42 PM

Hope your right Matty but he might just make the difference for them - definitely has the ability.

Unseen work
16-01-2014, 01:56 PM

He scored 6, and wasn't getting a look in for the last couple of months. Isn't really suited to united style but think he would be a good match for us. Him and Collins would link well imo

renato
16-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Badmember is a poacher and is at his best in a 4-4-2. Utd play 4-2-3-1 and his game isn't / wasn't suited to the lone man. Plus Ciftci is their number 1 striker and ideally suited to that role. Subsequently Goody never got a look in.

He's a good player and would be perfectly suited to Terry's tactical approach and style of play. He'd score quite a few for us, if we were interested.

Technofob
16-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Nade signed for Dundee

Jus saw this on the news. Mywife who knows nothing about football asks 'How can that fat guy play football, says hes 29, looks more 39!'

She obviously knows more about football than I give her credit!!:greengrin

Newcastlehibby
16-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Hot off the North East ITV news. Graham Kavanagh, Carlisle manager, wants young Sunderland striker Duncan Watmore on loan. He said that a number of other clubs, including Hibs, are also interested in him.

hibees 7062
16-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Jus saw this on the news. Mywife who knows nothing about football asks 'How can that fat guy play football, says hes 29, looks more 39!'

She obviously knows more about football than I give her credit!!:greengrin

Stane :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Its been quiet...

Ronniekirk
16-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Its been quiet...
And TB is indicating it will stay that way till possibly last few days when Dominoes game starts and he wants to be in there So as long as he doesn't land a double blank , looks like that's when we may see some movement . If it's right he has only spend £8'000 in the transfer market for players , ever it makes his record at Inverness all the more remarkable.

Billychaotic182
17-01-2014, 10:57 AM
On twitter that us and Aberdeen are linked with Adam Rooney

@AgentScotland: Both Aberdeen & Hibernian have been made aware of Adam Rooney's possisble availability by the players own representatives

hfc rd
18-01-2014, 11:43 AM

@AgentScotland: Both Aberdeen & Hibernian have been made aware of Adam Rooney's possisble availability by the players own representatives

Seen that on SSN this morning. I'd take him if TB & MM can help make him recapture his form at ICT a few years ago.

Eternal Hibbie
18-01-2014, 11:56 AM

If there's any credence to this rumour I'm confident El Tel's previous with the player would sway it for us.

Heisenberg
18-01-2014, 12:02 PM
If true Aberdeen can and will offer more cash than us IMO. He'd be a very good signing for anyone in this league.

Ronniekirk
18-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Its been quiet...
My mum used to say no news is good news

hibeemikey21
18-01-2014, 01:02 PM
My mum used to say no news is good news

Strange to think that it wasn't all that long ago when a quiet window was all we were hoping for

Boyle89
18-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Pish.
Oops wrong thread.

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Wayne Rooney wouldn't be able to change this dross

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

NOLA
18-01-2014, 03:05 PM
can we sign a proper full-back please.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 05:58 PM
TB said in his interview after the match he will try and get 1 or 2 signings done this week.

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 06:08 PM
TB said in his interview after the match he will try and get 1 or 2 signings done this week.

Good stuff.

SteveHFC
18-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Good stuff.

Leigh and Shinnie :greengrin

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Leigh and Shinnie :greengrin

Rooney and Vincent.

Hermit Crab
18-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Rooney and Vincent.

Vincent in the summer I think.

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Amadou and Eduardo

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Bryan and Zander

SaulGoodman
18-01-2014, 06:33 PM
And and Dec

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Minus and ant

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2014, 06:34 PM
;3875309']Minus and ant

Danny and Alina

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Harrold and Kumar

SteveHFC
18-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Shefki and Valdas

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Clive and dale

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Hanlon and Wilkie

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 06:40 PM
This has gotten way out of hand, can we get back to realistic transfers please?

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2014, 06:42 PM
;3875333']This has gotten way out of hand, can we get back to realistic transfers please?

Deary me. The PC Brigade strikes again...

Aldo
18-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Bryan and Zander

Ha ha. Like that.

SMAXXA
;3875333']This has gotten way out of hand, can we get back to realistic transfers please?

:agree: Stop running a thread with guff, I rely on it for my transfer fix

The_Horde
Deary me. The PC Brigade strikes again...

Pathetic

Inch Hibs
18-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Vincent in the summer I think.

Pre contract then sign him I'm hoping

My_Wife_Camille
Ha ha. Like that.

Laws and Verran

Aldo
Laws and Verran

That's better.

My_Wife_Camille
;3875347']pathetic

ltyf

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 06:52 PM
ltyf

I've been going to the games since before you were even thought about son.

Aldo
18-01-2014, 06:52 PM
;3875373"] I've been going to the games since before you were even thought about son.

Nae probs Paw.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Hopefully we can get Rooney or Leigh on loan and a winger, maybe that Marvais from Sunderland, perhaps?

dmc1875
18-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Tom Hateley is free in Jan only signed a four month contract with Tranmere. Can play right back and midfield. Remember him being quite good, would you take him?

Heisenberg
18-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Hopefully we can get Rooney or Leigh on loan and a winger, maybe that Marvais from Sunderland, perhaps?

Mavrias sounds like he'd be a fantastic signing. Might not be able to pay enough of his wage though, I'm guessing he's on quite a big pay packet. I'd like us to get a right back, winger x2 and a striker. Might be too much to ask considering how TB has been sounding about transfers.

Aldo
18-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Mavrias sounds like he'd be a fantastic signing. Might not be able to pay enough of his wage though, I'm guessing he's on quite a big pay packet. I'd like us to get a right back, winger x2 and a striker. Might be too much to ask considering how TB has been sounding about transfers.

We can live and hope. Nowt wrong with being greedy.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Think we will bolster the attacking options for now, the rest will happen in the summer. I do agree with you though:agree:

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 07:04 PM
AOB and Morais

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2014, 07:10 PM
;3875421']AOB and Morais

Tosh and Power

SMAXXA
18-01-2014, 07:12 PM
;3875421']AOB and Morais

Tosh and Power

:yawn2:

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 07:15 PM

Smaxxa and desperate 'lonely' dan

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2014, 07:17 PM

West Stand People and Neil

SMAXXA
18-01-2014, 07:27 PM
;3875467']Smaxxa and desperate 'lonely' dan

Cracker...good yin

The_Horde
18-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Cracker...good yin

Pat Fenlon and billy broon

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-01-2014, 04:26 PM
"@TransferTweeter: Out of favour Oldham striker Adam Rooney could sign for #Hibs this week. #OAFC #Hibs"

Edit: Also seen this - "@HIBSTRANSFERS1: Heard we are trying to get right back Tyrone Mears from Bolton on loan."

Dont believe the second one because the guy does talk some ***** and probably made it up! FWIW i just thought i'd put it on here anyway...

SanFranHibs
19-01-2014, 04:27 PM

It's only spitting distance from here......

:wink:

Green Reaper
19-01-2014, 04:53 PM

:-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Gustavo Fring
19-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Mavrias sounds like he'd be a fantastic signing.

he looks top class , probably more chance of seeing marvin the martian at easter road than him though

Aldo
19-01-2014, 05:50 PM
he looks top class , probably more chance of seeing marvin the martian at easter road than him though

Looks a no bad player. Can header anyway. ;-)

jdships
19-01-2014, 06:18 PM

How about these three
Hertz and Avis Van Rental
Anders More

:greengrin:wink:

Speedway
19-01-2014, 06:24 PM
What's Phil Airey up to?

Barney McGrew
19-01-2014, 06:31 PM
What's Phil Airey up to?

Painting and decorating

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 06:32 PM
We can live and hope. Nowt wrong with being greedy.
Your avatar seems to agree

Aldo
19-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Your avatar seems to agree

Ha ha sure does. :-)

Ronniekirk
19-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Ha ha sure does. :-)
Mind you after that first half who could be blamed for rushing home closing the door and comfort eating ..Hibs have a knack of kicking us back down just when we build up some positivity

Aldo
19-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Mind you after that first half who could be blamed for rushing home closing the door and comfort eating ..Hibs have a knack of kicking us back down just when we build up some positivity

Minor blip and I am more than certain there will be a few more before the end of the season

matty_f
19-01-2014, 07:17 PM
I really don't mind who Butcher replaces. There are a good few players in the side that I like, but I don't like them enough to put up with the sort of football we get from them from time to time.

Butcher will have his own thoughts on how he wants us to play and if that means replacing the whole squad then fair enough, they can't say that they haven't had a chance.

(Fwiw, I don't think the whole squad needs replaced! )

CallumLaidlaw
19-01-2014, 11:10 PM
@RonnieMacKay: Leigh Griffiths says he would jump at the chance of a move to Celtic. Read exclusive interview in Monday's Scottish Sun. #wwfc #celtic

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Someone on the bounce saying we are interested in Rotherham winger Keiran Agard. Used to play for Killie iirc.

Hibdan12
20-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Someone on the bounce saying we are interested in Rotherham winger Keiran Agard. Used to play for Killie iirc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieran_Agard

scored his first and only goal in scotland against hearts! started off at everton.

Devonhibs
20-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Mate at work is a Rotherham season ticket holder and doubts this - he is in the team and apparently leicester have been sniffing around and have been quoted a million. As a club they dont need to sell so doesnt look likely!

Technofob
20-01-2014, 12:11 PM
"@TransferTweeter: Out of favour Oldham striker Adam Rooney could sign for #Hibs this week. #OAFC #Hibs"

Edit: Also seen this - "@HIBSTRANSFERS1: Heard we are trying to get right back Tyrone Mears from Bolton on loan."

Dont believe the second one because the guy does talk some ***** and probably made it up! FWIW i just thought i'd put it on here anyway...

The sheep botherers at my work say the dons have signed Rooney - confirmed by the fact that the ICT chairman has Tweeted it too!?!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 12:21 PM
The sheep botherers at my work say the dons have signed Rooney - confirmed by the fact that the ICT chairman has Tweeted it too!?!

They must be lying to you then, nothing on twitter.

SaulGoodman
20-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Do ICT get a sell on fee from Rooney?

Otherwise I can't see the ICT Chairman being any more in the know than us

Ronniekirk
20-01-2014, 12:31 PM

Thats exactly what they are doing , worrying you and pulling the wool over your eyes.

hfc rd
20-01-2014, 12:49 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_enter_race_to_sign_adam_rooney_821936/index.shtml

Inch Hibs
20-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Do ICT get a sell on fee from Rooney?

Otherwise I can't see the ICT Chairman being any more in the know than us

No. He played for Brum, Swindon then Oldham.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Is David Murphy getting a game at Birmingham? Wouldn't mind seeing him back, even on loan.

Stevie Reid
20-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Is David Murphy getting a game at Birmingham? Wouldn't mind seeing him back, even on loan.

Has had major injury problems with one of his knees in the last couple of years apparently - operation, 10 month lay off, then bad reaction after resuming: -

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-david-murphy-injury-6310632

SeanWilson
20-01-2014, 01:16 PM

Last i read, he had an injury flair up in the knee... that was towards end of last year. Great player and i think is always around the Brum squad when available.

SaulGoodman
20-01-2014, 01:16 PM
No. He played for Brum, Swindon then Oldham.

Shows how much I keep up :tee hee:

Speedway
20-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Is Paco Luna still getting a game for Nohombre AFC?

Wouldn't mind getting him back on loan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Chris Erskine returns to Thistle on loan.

1875STEVE
20-01-2014, 02:18 PM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_enter_race_to_sign_adam_rooney_821936/index.shtml

http://tinyurl.com/orb46qa

SaulGoodman
20-01-2014, 02:21 PM
http://tinyurl.com/orb46qa

"Butcher has money to spend too"

Someone's no told Petrie then! :faf:

Gustavo Fring
20-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Is Paco Luna still getting a game for Nohombre AFC?

Wouldn't mind getting him back on loan.

already here :na na:

Craig_in_Prague
20-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Rocastle to return?

PeterboroHibee
20-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Chris Erskine returns to Thistle on loan.

Thats a very odd one. Uniteds squad is tiny, you dont think theyd be in a position to be letting guys like Erskine out on loan (even though he hasnt been great for them). Unless of course they have someone else lined up...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Listening to Sportsound and they are saying Skacel could be signing for hearts when Adam King goes to Swansea (one in, one out deal) :confused:

SaulGoodman
20-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Listening to Sportsound and they are saying Skacel could be signing for hearts when Adam King goes to Swansea (one in, one out deal) :confused:

Replacing a promising youngster with an old age big nosed **** who hasn't played for months. Only the Yams could see this as a good deal.

Fwiw, Sportsround are as bad as KB and I can't see it happening

Kato
20-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Replacing a promising youngster with an old age big nosed **** who hasn't played for months. Only the Yams could see this as a good deal.

Fwiw, Sportsround might as well be KB and I can't see it happening

Fixed that, buddy.

Inch Hibs
20-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know if Rooney and Collins played up top along side each other a lot last season? Could be a good partnership and makes compete sense we are going for him if so especially with Terry as his former manager. :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
20-01-2014, 06:02 PM

Locke was in the paper the other day saying it's like for like, so to get skacel in, it would have to be a more experienced player that left.

SMAXXA
20-01-2014, 06:04 PM

Am I the only one here who's delighted he's signing for them, seeing that we coliflower ear fud relegated and hopefully by us will make it even sweater for me.

Hainan Hibs
20-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Rocastle to return?

Ideal for the Matty Jack role:agree:

Speaking of which...

Inch Hibs
20-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Am I the only one here who's delighted he's signing for them, seeing that we coliflower ear fud relegated and hopefully by us will make it even sweater for me.

Downside as they will get more supporters through the gate to see the rat. I don't want them making any money, even if he is *****. :agree:

Saying that, I don't think the SPFL will allow him to replace a fringe player. It would have to be a player in the side the now. Probably Stevenson is the best bet.

Jack Hackett
20-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Locke was in the paper the other day saying it's like for like, so to get skacel in, it would have to be a more experienced player that left.

Like tattoo man...who's playing hard to get atm, but will probably be 'persuaded' that it would be good for the club if he bolted.

Just another plot line in the smash hit sitcom 'Tiny Tales'. :greengrin

Aldo
20-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Aaahhhh the yams love in continues.

Aldo
20-01-2014, 06:15 PM

Ha ha like it. Tbh he's not played for over 8 months.

Last minute goal by baw sack into his own net which officially relegates them nah

Want to hammer them.

Billychaotic182
20-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Aaahhhh the yams love in continues.

Just as bad on here. every 2nd thread is about that lot.

Aldo
20-01-2014, 06:18 PM

It is tbh. Was meaning the Sportssound twats. Eeekk!,,

nribs
20-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Just checked and nah it's not

Spike Mandela
20-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Just caught the end of Sportsound and they were talking as if the Skacel deeal was done and dusted? Is it?:confused:

Aldo
20-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Just caught the end of Sportsound and they were talking as if the Skacel deeal was done and dusted? Is it?:confused:

Spike. I really don't know how it can be as they are still in Admin and the embargo is still in force. BBS Sportsound yam love in at it again.

If they are allowed to sign players I get a funny feeling the SPFL will find legal action taken against them from other SPFL clubs.

Thing is the can sign who they want but doesn't mean the can be registered.

hibeedonald
20-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Skacel in Adam King out? A promising young player out for someone who's definitely past his best. Also imagine if Skacel was in the Hearts team that Hibs relegated at Tynecastle...

portycabbage
20-01-2014, 09:47 PM

Spike. I really don't know how it can be as they are still in Admin and the embargo is still in force. BBS Sportsound yam love in at it again.

If they are allowed to sign players I get a funny feeling the SPFL will find legal action taken against them from other SPFL clubs.

Skacel in Adam King out? A promising young player out for someone who's definitely past his best. Also imagine if Skacel was in the Hearts team that Hibs relegated at Tynecastle...

E16 Except with the consent of the Board and that only where the Board is in its sole
discretion satisfied that:
E16.1 the term of a Player’s contract of service with his Club has expired and
such contract has not been renewed or extended or such a contract has
terminated with the mutual consent in writing of the Club and the Player
concerned and, in either case, the Registration of such Player with the
League in terms of the player Registration, Transfer and Contract
Regulations has been cancelled and a replacement Player is sought to be
registered to replace the Player whose contract has so expired or been
terminated; or
E16.2 where the Player sought to be registered is a temporary replacement for a
goalkeeper who is unable by reason of injury or illness to play and that
only where written confirmation of such inability shall have been obtained
by the Club from a qualified medical practitioner and submitted to the
Board and the Board is satisfied that the Club concerned has no other
goalkeeper who is registered and able to play, and
E16.3 in either case the board is satisfied that notwithstanding the Insolvency
Event it is appropriate that the club concerned be permitted to Register
the player sought to be Registered,
where a Club has taken, suffered or has been subject to an Insolvency Event or
Events or a Group Undertaking of a Club has taken, suffered or has been subject to
an Insolvency Event or Events and the Board has determined that Rule E6 shall
apply, that Club shall not be entitled or permitted to register any Player with the
League and the League shall not register such a Player until the Board is satisfied
that such Insolvency Event or events shall no longer continue or subsist.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

Looking at that, I think the only way they could sign him would be if they and King agreed to terminate his contract and claimed the transfer fee was a development fee as he's under 21 (or whatever it is)- if he goes while under contract for an official transfer fee, then they can't get a replacement in (I'm not sure whether that would work though). Or they're getting gonzo in as an emergency keeper on a temporary basis.

Jonnyboy
20-01-2014, 09:54 PM
If the Jumbos can only do like for like and Skacel is their replacement for King I can only assume that King is a big nosed lump of crap who does his best work behing a bar

YehButNoBut
21-01-2014, 06:28 AM
It looks like we could be signing a couple of players this week but could be defenders as Hanlon & McGivern will be out for a few weeks.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-butcher-aims-to-secure-new-players-this-week-1-3275718

HIBERNIAN manager Terry Butcher insists he will accelerate his plans to recruit new players after conceding that injured defensive pair Paul Hanlon and Ryan McGivern are facing weeks on the sidelines.

Centre-half Hanlon has been ruled out for three weeks with a thigh strain and left-back McGivern is not expected back any time soon after hobbling off eight minutes into Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by St Mirren with a hamstring problem.

That has left Butcher, who is also without defender James McPake as he recovers from a back operation, stripped of options at the back ahead of Sunday’s televised visit of Celtic. And after his side’s defensive frailties were exposed when they conceded three unanswered first-half goals to the Buddies at the weekend, the former Inverness manager is desperate to bolster his squad.

Butcher, who will also be without the suspended Scott Robertson for the visit of the league leaders, said: “We’ll be short this week because of one or two injuries, there is no doubt about that and maybe we’re going to have to work even harder to get one or two in. We’ve made progression on that front but we’ll certainly try and conclude that this week if we can.

iainm1875
21-01-2014, 06:57 AM
I take it Callum Booth has no future at the club otherwise we would cancel his loan deal, left back problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dibben
21-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Perhaps we don't have the option to recall him during the loan deal?

Craig_in_Prague
21-01-2014, 07:05 AM
We have no game next week, which helps. TB said Hanlon should be OK for the Cup game the week after.

So we might not be too bad... Celtic is an expected loss anyway.

But it would be nice to get 1 or 2 players in, which I still feel need to be creative or wide/quick players.
But decent full backs would never be a bad thing, thats for sure.

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 07:06 AM

Aldo ,cheats will always try and cheat again ,especially when they get sympathy and build up this image of how burnt out the paper thin squad is , but yet they score three away from home and look like they want to incite a riot or hurt people. Look at Locke when interviewed on TV ,he has adopted this veneer of hard man as he seems to chew imaginary gum to grind out his words. .Skatchel is just a hanger on now unless they are going to get him to coach for nothing if and when someone who is in charge decides if brown stays or goes. He will be hoping that they come out of admin in February and then sign as free agent I suspect is game plan ,whether that's credible or not is down to what is or is not happening in Lithuania and I don't really think any of us really know the truth and neither does anyone at hearts by the sound of it .

Aldo
21-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Aldo ,cheats will always try and cheat again ,especially when they get sympathy and build up this image of how burnt out the paper thin squad is , but yet they score three away from home and look like they want to incite a riot or hurt people. Look at Locke when interviewed on TV ,he has adopted this veneer of hard man as he seems to chew imaginary gum to grind out his words. .Skatchel is just a hanger on now unless they are going to get him to coach for nothing if and when someone who is in charge decides if brown stays or goes. He will be hoping that they come out of admin in February and then sign as free agent I suspect is game plan ,whether that's credible or not is down to what is or is not happening in Lithuania and I don't really think any of us really know the truth and neither does anyone at hearts by the sound of it .

Fighting for survival and they think they are being hard done by. They won't get their own way and if they do then the SPFL will have a few irate chairmen on the phone.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2014, 07:47 AM
I take it Callum Booth has no future at the club otherwise we would cancel his loan deal, left back problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a season long loan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2014, 02:30 PM
"Notts County boss Shaun Derry has confirmed that striker Danny Haynes has been put on the transfer list." - he any good?

JimBHibees
21-01-2014, 02:32 PM
It looks like we could be signing a couple of players this week but could be defenders as Hanlon & McGivern will be out for a few weeks.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-butcher-aims-to-secure-new-players-this-week-1-3275718

HIBERNIAN manager Terry Butcher insists he will accelerate his plans to recruit new players after conceding that injured defensive pair Paul Hanlon and Ryan McGivern are facing weeks on the sidelines.

Centre-half Hanlon has been ruled out for three weeks with a thigh strain and left-back McGivern is not expected back any time soon after hobbling off eight minutes into Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by St Mirren with a hamstring problem.

That has left Butcher, who is also without defender James McPake as he recovers from a back operation, stripped of options at the back ahead of Sunday’s televised visit of Celtic. And after his side’s defensive frailties were exposed when they conceded three unanswered first-half goals to the Buddies at the weekend, the former Inverness manager is desperate to bolster his squad.

Butcher, who will also be without the suspended Scott Robertson for the visit of the league leaders, said: “We’ll be short this week because of one or two injuries, there is no doubt about that and maybe we’re going to have to work even harder to get one or two in. We’ve made progression on that front but we’ll certainly try and conclude that this week if we can.

Get Meakings in from ICT, Tel you know it makes sense. :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Get Meakings in from ICT, Tel you know it makes sense. :greengrin

Meekings & Shinnie in the summer hopefully!

Andy74
21-01-2014, 03:18 PM
We have no game next week, which helps. TB said Hanlon should be OK for the Cup game the week after.

So we might not be too bad... Celtic is an expected loss anyway.

But it would be nice to get 1 or 2 players in, which I still feel need to be creative or wide/quick players.
But decent full backs would never be a bad thing, thats for sure.

An expected loss ?

Craig_in_Prague
21-01-2014, 03:45 PM
An expected loss ?

Yep ?

Inch Hibs
21-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Apparently Deeks is going to Royal Antwerp? :thumbsup:

Andy74
21-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Yep ?

It's coming up for two years since they last beat us at home. Why would we be expected to lose this one?

Callum_62
21-01-2014, 05:05 PM
It's coming up for two years since they last beat us at home. Why would we be expected to lose this one?

Coz Fenlon has left us

Seriously, any result you get against them is a bonus rather than an expectation surely?

They have 10x + our budget abd are unbeaten this season in the league - I would expect 9/10 to lose

Onceinawhile
21-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Apparently Deeks is going to Royal Antwerp? :thumbsup:

Next stop man u imo.

(Rafc are man u's sort of feeder club)

Billy Whizz
21-01-2014, 05:39 PM
When does the window actually slam shut in Scotland?
Is it Saturday 1st Feb or Monday 3rd Feb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2014, 05:41 PM
When does this window shut? Im freezing. :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
21-01-2014, 05:42 PM

Celtic are expected to win each game they play, of course they won't actually do so, but they are expected to beat Hibs, quite simple really.

Point was really, I'd rather Hanlon missed this game than say if we were playing st j or indeed the upcoming cup game, anything out of Sunday's game is always a pure bonus.
Nice you found something to pick on though from a reasonable post.

snooky
21-01-2014, 05:47 PM
I think it's a season long loan

:agree: It is.

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Wee chick got all excited on sports sound Scotland tonight on the radio , and blurted out St Mirren are interested in signing the Tatooed psychopath .Imagine him and Jim Goodwin in same team against us ,one would get sent off and the other substituted to prevent them getting sent off:confused:

Fergus52
21-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Some twitter page is saying we're in for a Sunderland striker called Louis Laing, I've never heard of him.

Ronniekirk
21-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Some twitter page is saying we're in for a Sunderland striker called Louis Laing, I've never heard of him.
Wiz she no the Reporter that hooked up with Superman .:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Defender is he not? And by any chance was it @HIBSTRANAFERS1? Wouldn't believe it, probably just a wee sad guy getting his "info" from here.

nribs
21-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Defender is he not? And by any chance was it @HIBSTRANAFERS1? Wouldn't believe it, probably just a wee sad guy getting his "info" from here.
This guy is hitting all his info from the very credible Hibs rumours site http://www.hibsrumours.co.uk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-01-2014, 06:14 PM
This guy is hitting all his info from the very credible Hibs rumours site http://www.hibsrumours.co.uk

:faf:

Fergus52
21-01-2014, 09:59 PM

aw okay, my bad haha!

thought the account looked a bit jobbies.

Juice-Terry
22-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Sorry if already posted, but Adam Rooney's having a medical at Pittodrie today according to the Sun.

Craig_in_Prague
22-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Sorry if already posted, but Adam Rooney's having a medical at Pittodrie today according to the Sun.

A good addition to an already very experienced decent side.

Still, Hibs have "signed" Harris this window.

bingo70
22-01-2014, 07:23 AM

Yup.

Got a feeling we might get a couple of raw teenagers from a premiership club but that'll not be enough to keep up with the likes of Aberdeen imo.

One of the attractions of getting butcher and co in was there contacts down south and ability to spot a player so I'm pretty dissapointed with our lack of activity in the transfer window so far.

Diclonius
22-01-2014, 07:27 AM

So are they spending money they don't have now? Aberdeen don't even need a striker!

Heisenberg
22-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Aberdeen were quite obviously going to get him if interested. They give the biggest wage outside of Celtc. They are also up competing for second which would help.

truehibernian
22-01-2014, 07:31 AM

Collins is a similar type to Rooney mate and he seems to be finding his feet in the SPFL and enjoying working with TB - we need a very different kind of frontman in my opinion and also a fast, wide player to add to Harris.

I wouldn't be overly concerned at losing out on Rooney. The Dons are certainly splashing the cash this season though which I think comes down to backing McInnes early in his managerial reign. Yes they are a good side, however they have gained many points with late goals recently (which in itself is a good sign). It's very very fine margins in this league at present, all the way down to 11th. Looking at Aberdeen's last few games they have been literally a couple of minutes away from drab looking draws v ourselves, Killie, Dundee Utd, and they were beaten at the weekend at home. Hearts have even beaten them twice :rolleyes:

Juice-Terry
22-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Yup.

Got a feeling we might get a couple of raw teenagers from a premiership club but that'll not be enough to keep up with the likes of Aberdeen imo.

One of the attractions of getting butcher and co in was there contacts down south and ability to spot a player so I'm pretty dissapointed with our lack of activity in the transfer window so far.

My guess is that TB and MM will settle for a bottom six this season while blooding a few youngsters and then start rebuilding in the summer. Perhaps a defender and player with pace on loan this window.

oneone73
22-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Collins is a similar type to Rooney mate and he seems to be finding his feet in the SPFL and enjoying working with TB - we need a very different kind of frontman in my opinion and also a fast, wide player to add to Harrris

This.

LancsHibs
22-01-2014, 08:46 AM
My guess is that TB and MM will settle for a bottom six this season while blooding a few youngsters and then start rebuilding in the summer. Perhaps a defender and player with pace on loan this window.

I really hope not, conceding 6th place to St.Johnstone is just the type of loser mentality I would expect Butcher to be eradicating from our club. I am hoping the signings will come!

QMU-1875
22-01-2014, 09:02 AM
No chance are we accepting bottom 6, top 6 should be the minimum!

Speedway
22-01-2014, 09:26 AM
The Sun also says that seven SPFL clubs are trying to sign Rooney and we have one poster on the PM board who reckons Rooney was at EM yesterday.

Perhaps the player is being allowed free reign as Scott Brown was, to choose which club he joins.

frazeHFC
22-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Got a feeling we might get a couple of raw teenagers from a premiership club but that'll not be enough to keep up with the likes of Aberdeen imo..

If it was a choice of the raw youngster St Mirren have loaned from Newcastle, Campbell, or Adam Rooney, i'd certainly take Campbell from what I saw down to the fact he had pace and quick feet, something we lack.

There will be some good youngsters available for loan from EPL clubs it's just whether or not we could find the right ones..

Hope we see a signing or two in the next week and a half, will be a bit disappointing if we don't.

ahibby
22-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Looking at the league table you would think that staff at ER believe a top six finish is possible. However, whether it is likely when we are playing Harris, Stanton and Cummings, is debatable. I doubt whether any of those players are match winners at this point in their careers but as they are the best youngsters we have then IMO we should play them to try and bring them on hoping they are part of a successful future. It's not a gamble, it's more of a necessity because TB doesn't want to play the more senior midfielders we have/had because they are not in his plans for next season. Under those circumstances those senior players wouldn't be anymore of a help than the young ones are anyway. In fact if I am being logical at all then we would get more from those youngsters than we would from the seniors who TB doesn't want for next season. All that means of course that it's going to be difficult for us to pass St J and/or Dundee Utd. I'd like to but I'm prepared for a tough run in due to injuries and no new signings, yet. However, if we do land a couple the right kind this month then we might become confident of catching the two above us. As has been said though what is more important is that we are ready at the start of next season to get off to a flyer. TB has had his ICT teams complete and ready for the start of seasons for the past couple of years while Hibs have been bringing in players after the season starts. I'd like to see that change to the TB way. It could be that Hibs have been trying to bring in more quality players than ICT and that's why we have had to wait but the league positions don't reflect that so maybe it's just a matter of Hibs doing things better when it comes to bringing players in. What a rant that was.

green.and.white
22-01-2014, 09:40 AM
It's fine if we don't get Rooney, we need pace. A player like Adam Campbell who St Mirren go on loan from Newcastle is the sort of player we need IMO

Billychaotic182
22-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Think the summer will be where we see a huge amount of new players

Juice-Terry
22-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I really hope not, conceding 6th place to St.Johnstone is just the type of loser mentality I would expect Butcher to be eradicating from our club. I am hoping the signings will come!

I hope you're right.

silverhibee
22-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Did i not read somewhere that Butcher was looking to bring in a couple of experienced players to help the young lads that are in the team, if so then that would rule out him bringing in any more youngsters to the 1st team.

Hibbibri
22-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Just heard that there are 3 unknown players with their agents at East Mains today :agree: