PDA

View Full Version : lyle taylor

Mark79
30-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I see partick have announced loan signing of the boy that was at falkirk last season from sheffield utd. Effective from Jan 1st.

Shows Clubs can get fingers out and get someone in as soon as Window opens and benefit from the player for a little longer.

Now im not suggesting we should have went for him as the talk from falkirk fans is that he wasnt a grafter but with him being from sheffield utd chances of getting murphy would now look slim.

CB_NO3
30-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Decent signing for them. Hope Ross County bring in a few too so the Jambos have no chance of catching them.

Wilson
30-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Sheffield United aren't where they are supposed to be. They'll be looking to shift the players on who have failed to get them up the table and make room for better. The likes if Taylor and Murphy may well be surplus. Worth asking in any case.

Leishy1995
30-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Partick have signed Lyle Taylor on loan! Looks like he wasn't cutting it down south

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Decent signing imo. Was disappointed we never got him in the summer.

AlbertK86
30-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Sheffield United aren't where they are supposed to be. They'll be looking to shift the players on who have failed to get them up the table and make room for better. The likes if Taylor and Murphy may well be surplus. Worth asking in any case.

Murphy scored yesterday and seems to be rated by Clough.

Would take him if there was the opportunity tho

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2013, 11:32 AM
I thought at the time albeit only after seeing him against us that he'd be a decent signing. I think he will definitely strengthen Partick, which is good for them and bad for the gimps. Win win for the SPFL. :greengrin

Now over to Ross County Hearts and St Mirren to do similar. :wink:

Heisenberg
30-12-2013, 11:32 AM
He's got a worse scoring record than James Collins at league one level. Need to wait and see if he can make the step up to a decent standard of league before I'm disappointed we didnt sign him.

HoboHarry
30-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Posted this on another thread before I saw this thread.

Lyle Taylor who we tried to get (apparently) has signed for Partick. I can't help thinking that based on TB's previous with ICT that the usual names which get bandied about will be out for us this transfer window. No more recycling SPL or ex-SPL players for the most part. I expect that we won't have heard of most of the players we do sign....

greenlex
30-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Window doesn't open till Wednesday!!!!:confused:

Wotherspiniesta
30-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Hope he rattles in a hat trick on Sunday!

Centre Hawf
30-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Looks like a good bit of business for them, and maybe we dodged a bullet seeing how he's failed down south?

Winston Ingram
30-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Merge

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?276335-lyle-taylor

HibeeMG
31-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Well, for most of last season and all of the summer transfer window, I was saying Stevie May was a much better player and we should go for him instead. I'm not above saying I bloody told you so Hibs! A missed opportunity.

E10 Rifle
31-12-2013, 09:33 AM
He's got a worse scoring record than James Collins at league one level. Need to wait and see if he can make the step up to a decent standard of league before I'm disappointed we didnt sign him.

League One is as good as much of the Scottish Premiership. Lets not kid ourselves. Wolves had 31k attendance on Sunday and brought two international strikers off the bench...no club in our league could do that bar Celtic. The playing standard is like for like I would say for many clubs.

erin go bragh
31-12-2013, 10:21 AM
I see partick have announced loan signing of the boy that was at falkirk last season from sheffield utd. Effective from Jan 1st.

Shows Clubs can get fingers out and get someone in as soon as Window opens and benefit from the player for a little longer.

Now im not suggesting we should have went for him as the talk from falkirk fans is that he wasnt a grafter but with him being from sheffield utd chances of getting murphy would now look slim.
We dont need a grafter . We need a finisher/ poacher . Now if he happens to be a lazy bassa that bangs in 20 plus ( like Stokes) ill be delighted .

Ggtth

tamig
31-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Well, for most of last season and all of the summer transfer window, I was saying Stevie May was a much better player and we should go for him instead. I'm not above saying I bloody told you so Hibs! A missed opportunity.

Stevie May is a very promising player. But did St J not knock back some big money bids from down south in the summer (maybe Peterborough for one)? I don't think we could have afforded him tbh.