PDA

View Full Version : Players Leaving

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 11:10 PM
We've got a couple of threads here stating which players we could go for or like to see us sign in January. But also which players do you think are heading for the exits in January? TB has said that their will be players leaving, to make way for new ones. I personally think Vine & Taiwo & MAYBE Thomson are heading for the exits. Vine is just simply very poor and it hasn't taken very long for TB to suss that. Taiwo hasn't really featured that much under TB and I think TB just doesn't really rate him. Thomson is a big MAYBE. I don't know what the relationship between Thomson and Butcher is like or maybe Thomson has told Butcher he wants to go at the end of the season when his contract expires and Butcher has said, why should I play you if you don't want to be here. Also I won't be surprised if a couple of clubs from down south try to come in and take Ben Williams. Really need to get him signed up on a new long term deal as he's such an important player for us.

DTS
29-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Vine taiwo Thomson maybe Ross Caldwell either permanent or loan, also think Sam Stanton will go out on loan however Caldwell and Stanton depending on who is brought in

big gogs
30-12-2013, 08:02 AM
[a rumour at the game yesterday James mcpake is to retire,possibly rubbish

Ronniekirk
30-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Vine taiwo Thomson maybe Ross Caldwell either permanent or loan, also think Sam Stanton will go out on loan however Caldwell and Stanton depending on who is brought in
After predicting we would score three yesterday I will take it your bang on with this

Aldo
30-12-2013, 08:20 AM
I think Vine is a cert to leave. He hasn't featured at all. Also think Thomson and possibly Taiwo will go. Maybe a couple of the younger players, Caldwell and Stanton away out on loan.

We will find out in a few days.

Tom Hart RIP
30-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Overheard a fan ask KT if he was still injured but he said that he was fit but not being picked.
I suspect from body language he will go if he gets a decent offer.
Ironically I think he is our best player but the the team play better without him if that makes sense.
No sign of TT or RV in the stand unless anyone spotted them???

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I suspect that Butcher will be fair to the players that won't feature and tell them this upfront before the transfer window opens again. For me at least, Butcher has already cast a large shadow over the club and that means that his decision on who stays or goes will not be swayed or influenced by anything other than his judgement.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Vine, Tawio & Thomson :( - hopefully he sends Caldwell out on loan aswell.

Leishy1995
30-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I actually liked Taiwo too. Sad seeing he might be heading out.

Stuarty27
30-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Heard yesterday KT off to Dundee Utd in Jan.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Said last week that KT will be off to Dundee Utd in Jan. Was purely a guess but they were definitely looking at him at the end of last season. I reckon he'll be a great signing for them, sadly

shagpile
30-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Said last week that KT will be off to Dundee Utd in Jan. Was purely a guess but they were definitely looking at him at the end of last season. I reckon he'll be a great signing for them, sadly

I can't see Thomson fitting in at Utd. They play a fast break , quick movement type of game. KT likes to slow the pace .

neil7908
30-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I like both Taiwo and Thomson but sadly they might just not be the kind of players we need right now. Having said that, I would rather see us hold on to either of those 2 over OTJ who I really haven't been impressed by.

I'm also not sure what long term future the likes of Clancy and Mcpake have but I'd imagine they will be given until the end of the season to prove their fitness.

hibby rae
30-12-2013, 11:12 AM
I can't see Thomson fitting in at Utd. They play a fast break , quick movement type of game. KT likes to slow the pace .

Thomson can play as part of a quick, attacking team. I seem to remember him being a critical component of the most attacking, exciting Hibs team I've ever watched. It seems to be one of the most popular .net myths right now that KT can't be part of an attacking team.

dp00
30-12-2013, 11:12 AM
[a rumour at the game yesterday James mcpake is to retire,possibly rubbish

Was in paper the other day saying that he is away down south to the fa place to get fit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

leggeto
30-12-2013, 11:57 AM
I think mcpake and Clancy may have to go to free up wage budget cause they are just always injured,can't see them offered a new deal,but if James does I hope he finds the form he had when he was here on loan

--------
30-12-2013, 12:00 PM
I have no inside information here, but I wouldn't be too surprised if there isn't a lot of movement in the market this January.

Butcher has said he wants to make a thorough assessment of the players he has, and I would guess that he's well aware that part of the problem at Hibs for too long has been the massive turnaround of playing staff every time the manager has changed.

He may very well be thinking in terms of seeing out the season with more or less the players he has, then making changes in July when he has a better idea of where he stands, and when Mr Marsella will have compiled a much fuller dossier on who's available on what sort of terms.

He hasn't seen KT play yet, and I would think he'd want to put him in the team a couple of times before making any decision.

Unless of course the rumours about a complete breakdown between the two of them are true - which they may well be.

The only player I would prefer to see walking out the door right now is Mr Vine, a useless troublesome waste of space IMHO.

merritthibees
30-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Heard yesterday KT off to Dundee Utd in Jan.

I can see this one coming back to bite us... He's a great player!

Golden Bear
30-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Thomson can play as part of a quick, attacking team. I seem to remember him being a critical component of the most attacking, exciting Hibs team I've ever watched. It seems to be one of the most popular .net myths right now that KT can't be part of an attacking team.

I'd agree with that but for whatever the reason may be, the signals are that he'll be seeking pastures new in January.

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Only thing we really need right now is some creativity on the wings IMO

craigmounthibby
30-12-2013, 12:10 PM
On top of Vine, Taiwo and Thomson, the 2 other most obvious ones are Clancy and Mullen. Both are available to play, but are not even 2nd choice at right back at the moment.

For anyone to go in January, you're either buying out the remainder of their contract, or someone needs to want them. Other than Thomson, and possibly Taiwo, I'd be surprised if there was a lot of interest.

Also, I saw both Vine and Taiwo on the pitch for the minutes silence yesterday. Both were then seen driving away in their cars at 3:05 by a guy that sits behind me, arriving late. Not the best....

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-12-2013, 12:32 PM
KT certainly never seemed too defensive when he was playing along with Brown and pinging passes to Deek and O Connor to score bucket loads. Definitely a myth that's developed on here. When he came on against St Johnstone recently, every touch he took was a forward one. Not much was happening up top, admittedly. He certainly wasn't playing backwards/sideward passes though

Gustavo Fring
30-12-2013, 12:38 PM
think its fair to say vine and taiwo will be out the door , probably followed by thomson

wont be sad to see any of them go tbh