PDA

View Full Version : Crowd

TheReg!
29-12-2013, 08:11 PM
About 9.5k apparently, I honestly thought it was around 11k mark, FF was pretty busy and the West wasn't bad either, I was sat in the East and it seemed busy but it's hard to tell, the game on Thursday I think could be the biggest gate we have had in a few years.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2013, 08:28 PM
About 9.5k apparently, I honestly thought it was around 11k mark, FF was pretty busy and the West wasn't bad either, I was sat in the East and it seemed busy but it's hard to tell, the game on Thursday I think could be the biggest gate we have had in a few years.

Do you think theres a possibility it could beat the crowd vs Malmo? Great crowd that day!

TheReg!
29-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Do you think theres a possibility it could beat the crowd vs Malmo? Great crowd that day!

16k at that game and obviously Malmo only brought a few, so in terms of us getting 15k+ Hibs fans mmmm maybe, I certainly hope so especially since TB is starting to show his worth.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2013, 08:39 PM
are the yamboids doing another boycott ?

29-12-2013, 08:43 PM

I heard they have just about sold out their end

TheReg!
29-12-2013, 08:45 PM

I thought the mutants sold out their allocation??
I hope they don't boycott so they can sit in silence when we smash em!

Greencore
29-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Considering the weather for today's game I thought the turnout was great. Credit to killie Aswell they had a decent turnout too.

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2013, 08:54 PM
I heard they have just about sold out their end

I thought the mutants sold out their allocation??
I hope they don't boycott so they can sit in silence when we smash em!

good, don't want them missing out on the last derby game at ER for a few seasons :greengrin

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 09:18 PM
good, don't want them missing out on the last derby game at ER for a few seasons :greengrin

Me too :)

yekimevol
29-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Agree thought it would have been about 11.5K, was really surprised to hear 9.5K.

:tbgwa::tbgwa::tbgwa:

mutley
30-12-2013, 09:44 AM
We know that certain teams count people that are not actually at games (eg ST holders that don't turn up) but are we a team that don't count some people that are at the game? It looked a bit more than 9.5k to me?
I could be wrong though

Bishop Hibee
30-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I thought the crowd was around the 11000 mark. With performances like that our crowds will pick up. One of my brothers has got a half season ticket on the back of the improvements so far.

1two
30-12-2013, 10:08 AM
We count clicks of the turnstile

Not sure how it works with the corporate seats or even disabled but we definitely take our count based on turns at the turnstile

GreenCastle
30-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Very surprised with this - looked a good crowd from the East and not many seats around where I was sitting.

Famous Five looked pretty busy and West had gaps at side but decent amount.

Lets hope everyone returns Thursday plus more and gt ER rocking for Butcher.

Stuarty27
30-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Just seen on Facebook that Hearts have less than 100 left...

Aldo
30-12-2013, 11:34 AM

It's going to be a great atmosphere by the looks of it.

GreenCastle
30-12-2013, 11:46 AM

Great - thanks for the money yams and more of them to laugh at :greengrin

Mark79
30-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Great - thanks for the money yams and more of them to laugh at :greengrin

take it we got the cash up front from them?

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Considering the weather for today's game I thought the turnout was great. Credit to killie Aswell they had a decent turnout too.

What was wrong with the weather? Perfect conditions for football I thought on a pitch that looked good.

GreenCastle
30-12-2013, 12:09 PM
take it we got the cash up front from them?

Simple reply - ROD PETRIE :greengrin

Was there not a time when they had to apply to us directly? Rod must have seen the admin coming then.

TheReg!
30-12-2013, 12:15 PM
What was wrong with the weather? Perfect conditions for football I thought on a pitch that looked good.

It was ****in Baltic though, I live in South Wales near Cardiff so I'm used to fine weather all year round ;-)

Keith_M
30-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Maybe now we've started to win at home (fingers crossed that continues) we'll start to see an increase in attendances.

I genuinely think Thursday's game will play a massive part in the numbers we see for the rest of the season. Beat them and people will start coming back.

GreenArmyyy!
30-12-2013, 01:44 PM
I thought the queues outside the FF and the East were a lot larger than usual, I don't believe for a second that the crowd was only 9,500.

eastterrace
30-12-2013, 02:45 PM
i went back to my bowling club after the game and there were about 25 guys there and about 10 off them were hibbies and not one of them had been to the game, shows you how big a job butcher has to get these guys back. most are going to the derby game tho so lets hope we can win with a bit style might make some of them go back a bit more often.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2013, 03:39 PM
i went back to my bowling club after the game and there were about 25 guys there and about 10 off them were hibbies and not one of them had been to the game, shows you how big a job butcher has to get these guys back. most are going to the derby game tho so lets hope we can win with a bit style might make some of them go back a bit more often.

Golfers, bowlers at the end of the day it's a load of balls ;)
If you asked them would they say they'll pick and choose their games and Killie in December ain't one of them?
Each to their own but I do wonder for the folks that have "checked out" of Hibs and who were around during the Mercer takeover, whether it they could foresee the future they would believe it would come to this? I wonder what those who fought that battle think privately...
Call me old fashioned but surely the best defiance of Mercer is to go along and support when you can rather than talk and watch a DVD about rising from the ashes - the club that wouldn't die and head off to some random clubhouse and reminisce of years gone by?

O'Rourke3
30-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Looked under 10,000 from where I sat. East and FF not that busy looking. On a par with the St J crowd I thought. Expect much larger crowd Thursday although the fact it's a holiday and a late kick off concerns me behavior wise from both sets of fans.

theonlywayisup
30-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I read in the evening News that Medals MacKay was commenting that it was great that Hertz had 4,000 more fans attending the home game against Killie than Hibs achieved against the same team. Aye right!!

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2013, 05:50 PM
I read in the evening News that Medals MacKay was commenting that it was great that Hertz had 4,000 more fans attending the home game against Killie than Hibs achieved against the same team. Aye right!!

And to think I sat across a ScotRail table from Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street earlier in the year and said nothing as he wore his Give Racism the Red Card bracelet... Wasn't sure it was him as the guy was actually reading something LOL. On his way to a meeting held at Unison (it was him).

NAE NOOKIE
30-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Thought it was nearer the 10,500 mark, but from the angle I sit at in the FF its hard to tell how full the East is. If we can play like we did on Sunday more often the crowds will start to improve.

Given this thread its Interesting that Medals MacKay in his EEN column chose to draw comparison between our gate yesterday and the Yams crowd against the same opposition on Boxing day. Apparently the fact that their crowd was 'allegedly' 4,000 bigger than ours shows just how loyal the Yams fans are, the inference being in comparison to us. This presumption is a load of bollox for the following reasons:

Boxing day crowds tend to be bigger than usual. The crowds at St Mirren and Aberdeen the same day are testiment to that.

Traditionally the Yams claim to have a larger overall support than us ( double our support depending who you listen to ) their crowds should be bigger anyway ..... a lot bigger in fact.

Their fans bought STs on the back of a desperate plea from the club at the start of the season. If a lot of these folk didnt have STs it would be interesting to see how many of them would go to games to watch this team. How many of them turned up for the non ST Scottish Cup match against Celtc?

If Medals needs an example of loyalty he need look no further than us. Until this season the Yams on field fortunes have been night and day compared to ours .. including the best result in their history not more than two seasons ago. For the last 4 years or so Hibs have been utter murder and we have had two of the worst results in our history .... and yet still we have managed to keep our crowds at a decent level. I wonder if the Yams would have managed the same if we had humped them in a cup final.

Theres nothing wrong with a fan bigging up his clubs supporters loyalty, we all do it. But if you are going to make comparisons its not a good idea to choose us to do it against. Apart from the above our average crowd in the first division was over 10,000 at SPL prices .... to match that I would guess the Yams would have to make between 13 and 14 thousand given their larger core support ............ We shall see.

Oh .... and we didnt have the advantage of an EX old firm team in the division to push up our average by visiting us twice.

Eyrie
30-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Oh .... and we didnt have the advantage of an EX old firm team in the division to push up our average by visiting us twice.

Neither will the Yams - they'll have the replacement for a former Old 5cum team instead.