PDA

View Full Version : Samsons clearance

Gus Fring
29-12-2013, 08:02 PM
I wonder what happened to the ball? He booted it right over the West stand and from my seat in the FF upper it probably ended up in the car park.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I wonder what happened to the ball? He booted it right over the West stand and from my seat in the FF upper it probably ended up in the car park.

Must be the 1st time someone's kicked a ball over the new West

29-12-2013, 08:07 PM

Yes can't remember seeing that before tbh lol was some kick!

Gus Fring
29-12-2013, 08:08 PM

I mind they used to go over the old East all the time and people would run out to grab them. That actually reminds of the time yon laddie in the FF did a runner with the ball a couple of seasons ago.

SmashinGlass
29-12-2013, 08:29 PM

According to a tweet I saw, the vengabus headed it back into play to set up Stevenson's goal :greengrin

M11BMO
29-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Believe it or not, before the match I said to Pedantic_Hibee, "Wonder when someone last cleared the ball over the stand... Used to happen all the time." How ironic!

Northernhibee
29-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Been taking coaching from Kujabi.

Prawn Sandwich
29-12-2013, 08:40 PM

I saw Petrie disappearing out of the Directors box in a hurry when that happened. Judging by the speed he moved he would have made it to the car park before the ball bounced from the roof. :wink:

steakbake
29-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Saw a yellow jacketed security bod bringing it up Albion place just after I got out at FT...

A tenner saved...

Gus Fring
29-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Saw a yellow jacketed security bod bringing it up Albion place just after I got out at FT...

A tenner saved...

A tenner? Petrie wishes! The balls are £85 in the standard livery and cost as much as £120 with custom colours/badges printed on them.

Last I heard when they first came in each club has to have at least 8 for each Premiership match and need the yellow variants as a back up between 2 certain dates every year as well.

hibby rae
29-12-2013, 09:20 PM
I saw Petrie disappearing out of the Directors box in a hurry when that happened. Judging by the speed he moved he would have made it to the car park before the ball bounced from the roof. :wink:

Said something similar to my brother! I could just imagine Rod shouting "****s sake!" before sprinting outside. I also heard the players were served turkey sandwiches by him for their pre-match meal!

Brightside
29-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Has anyone noticed the Hawk that flies about the west stand. Petrie has got it to keep the seagulls away!

Tynie01011973
29-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Ball was retrieved by Ground Staff - female was coming back with it as we left West Stand after final whistle

:agree:

Diclonius
29-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Been taking coaching from Kujabi.

Kujabi's shots weren't so much vertical as horizontal.

Moon unit
29-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Flew all the way to Gorgie and crashed through the Asbestos ridden roof!