PDA

View Full Version : Killie view

theonlywayisup
29-12-2013, 07:57 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25545256

:rolleyes:

Didn't deserve a 3-0 loss. Better team in second half, by far, for long periods of the game.

Must have been watching a different game from me!

Hibs - 14 shots, seven on target
Killie - 4 shots, none on target

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2013, 08:01 PM
listened to his interview driving home and my first thought was... EH !!:confused:

having said that, i was blethering with old mates for most of the 2nd half and missed quite a bit :)

BigKev
29-12-2013, 08:01 PM
My pal sent me a text about his interview which I never heard. Clearly still a delusional hertz halfwit.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Aye good one mate...:rolleyes:

Typical jambo - really enjoyed seeing sandy Clarke's whinging face today.

The hearts situation will save a lot of management jobs this year - Johnston is one of them

Can't believe that team put 4 past Hearts

RoYO!
29-12-2013, 08:06 PM
so just the 2 pen claims, at least 2 terrific saves, and hit the woodwork could have easily been 5

PeterboroHibee
29-12-2013, 08:09 PM
I cant think of any point during the second half they were 'by far the better team'. They definitely matched us more than they had done in the first half and got on the ball more, but they never really looked like scoring.

I also think a 3-0 score line was fair, we had quite a lot of chances that didnt go in (in particular Collins blazing it over early on and Robertsons header off the bar), so it could have easily been 5 or 6 to us.

jodjam
29-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Currently having sherries in the Guildford with two killie fans. They reckon the score line flattered them

Billy Whizz
29-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Currently having sherries in the Guildford with two killie fans. They reckon the score line flattered them

Depends how you look at the game. We should have been 2/3 up at least at half time. Killie came into it in the 2nd half without giving Williams much to worry about.
Had the radio on as I left the ground and Allan Preston said that the score should have been double what it was

Brooster
29-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Im having a drink in the 4 in hand with some killie friends and they all agree that Hibs could've won by 6. They also say no other team in the league has hit them so quickly on the break....which I think is an interesting comment.

PeterboroHibee
29-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Im having a drink in the 4 in hand with some killie friends and they all agree that Hibs could've won by 6. They also say no other team in the league has hit them so quickly on the break....which I think is an interesting comment.

I think thats probably true in that, especially near the end of the game, we did have 3-4 players breaking out against them when they were pushing forward and we won the ball back. If we had quicker players it might have been even more damaging to Killie!

Onceinawhile
29-12-2013, 08:22 PM
I thought that killie had a lot of sterile possession from about the 20-60/70th minute to be fair, but that we managed to make a few good chances during that time.

givescotlandfreedom
29-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Killie came into it after the start of the second half but only for a short time and without a sniff of goal. I doubt their fans will fall for his ramblings.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I didn't feel threatened at any point during the match today.

Thought we were totally in control for the entire game.

Tom Hart RIP
29-12-2013, 09:01 PM
AJ suggested that Killie played as well today as they did at Tynecastle but we defended better and didn't give them a minute on the ball. Sound promising for the derby

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2013, 09:22 PM
not a bad killie support as well, it felt great not hearing the away fans having a ball at our expense for a change

vanNISHtelroy
29-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Magic has been spouting the same nonsense all season. Think we've deserved to win every game more or less.

down-the-slope
29-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Magic has been spouting the same nonsense all season. Think we've deserved to win every game more or less.

Were you at game Nish? if so your thoughts would be interesting as its a bit of a (recent) new experience for us to score 3 and keep a clean sheet

Sir David Gray
29-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Were you at game Nish? if so your thoughts would be interesting as its a bit of a (recent) new experience for us to score 3 and keep a clean sheet

:agree: It isn't half.

It's our biggest margin of victory for over a year when we beat Motherwell 4-0 at Fir Park in October 2012 and also our biggest win at Easter Road since October 2012, when we beat Dundee 3-0.

It was also the most goals that we've scored at home in a single league game since April.

Saorsa
29-12-2013, 10:18 PM
:faf: :faf: wisnae at the same game as me. :bye: what plum

hfc rd
29-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Don't know what game he was watching. Their were spells in the game when Killie had the ball but they were doing nothing with it. They were struggling to supply Boyd as both Nelson & Hanlon had him in their back pocket.

The lad Chris Johnstone was being marked out of the game by Forster and I can only remember one dribble in the entire match that looked quite threatening, when he ran through the heart of the pitch and Liam Craig fouled him outside of our box.

matty_f
29-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Our defence strolled the game, we were well worth the 3-0 and could have been that far ahead by half time.

Dibben
29-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Our defence strolled the game, we were well worth the 3-0 and could have been that far ahead by half time.

Agree.

Killie picked it up in the 2nd half, but where never the better team!

Jonnyboy
29-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Williams could have had a wee sleep for all the work a 'dominant' Killie side gave him. To be fair though, they did have one shot on target from Boyd which Ben gathered easily

VivaHiberņa
30-12-2013, 01:21 AM
I think thats probably true in that, especially near the end of the game, we did have 3-4 players breaking out against them when they were pushing forward and we won the ball back. If we had quicker players it might have been even more damaging to Killie!

:agree: Good to see more than one approach to trying to score, pleasant change.

Bold: Funny enough, there were a couple of points today when I thought to myself "Sproule would have scored there."

Hibs07p
30-12-2013, 04:41 AM
http://killiefc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=78898

Sounds about right to me.

GGTTH

vanNISHtelroy
30-12-2013, 06:52 AM

Nope, was working til four yesterday. So we were one down by the time I got a chance to check score!

CallumLaidlaw
30-12-2013, 07:22 AM
http://killiefc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=78898

Sounds about right to me.

GGTTH

Here was something we would never have read under PF -

1st half we looked poor but we came back into the game, just didn't look like scoring! Hibs are a really fast attacking squad and look better at going forward than us! We rely on too many crosses over and I think that's why AJ moved Messi into the middle but it didn't work!

Jack
30-12-2013, 07:34 AM
To be fair to them there was a 10 minute period, just before we got the second, I was thinking 'here we flippin go, they'll get a blummin equaliser'. I should have more faith in our newHibs.

There were a couple of times, once I remember particularly, where we broke in numbers. But its like we got stage fright, froze, and the advantage was all but lost.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2013, 07:34 AM
3-0 was a wee bit harsh on Killy in my opinion. Glad for the 3 points and clean sheet though.

Onion
30-12-2013, 09:09 AM
3-0 was a wee bit harsh on Killy in my opinion. Glad for the 3 points and clean sheet though.

Hit the bar, should have had a pen and their keeper made some great saves. Was shocked how poor Killie were given their last few results, but a lot of that was down to how well Hibs played. Hanlon/Nelson didn't give Boyd a sniff. 3-0 was the minimum we deserved .

lucky
30-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Reading their forum was like reading .net under Hughes. AJ talks the game but clearly can't get his team playing the game